Author Topic: Rules: "Short" Dynasty Project  (Read 25087 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Re: "Short" Dynasty Project
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 12:32:56 PM »
Hi!  thanks for commenting!

to answer your question -

1) you can still play as long as you have someone to look after heir, I'll change the rules to reflect that.  Their life goes so quick this is a common thing in a multi-child household!

2) no aging up allowed, the time span  for each age group is very small to begin with, you are only altering it by a few days anyways (if it were played on long it be different story.. :))

Glad to see someone playing this, I'd to read your experiences/story if you have a post going somewhere.

:)

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 02:25:50 PM »
Okay great! And thank you for the reply. I was just asking on aging up because I had a REALLY close call where almost no one was old enough to look after the heir. But you're right, this is about dealing with that life span and it is pure chaos, after all.

I was considering posting the story (I've been saving screen shots and making notes) but I just wanted to make sure I had a good handle on everything before I made it 'official'. If I do post it I'll be sure and let you know  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »

I was considering posting the story (I've been saving screen shots and making notes) but I just wanted to make sure I had a good handle on everything before I made it 'official'. If I do post it I'll be sure and let you know  ;D

that'd be awesome!!

:)

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »
As promised: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty.

I can't say that I'm doing everything (or anything) right, but I am having fun doing it. Thanks for this rule set  :)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
As promised: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty.

I can't say that I'm doing everything (or anything) right, but I am having fun doing it. Thanks for this rule set  :)

awesome!  can't wait to read it!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 11:59:01 AM »
I've recently started a short dynasty and I had a question about spares.
I wanted clarification on who counted with the completed lifetime wishes, I moved in a helper, and I know he doesn't count, but does the sibling to the heir count towards those LTW's and max skills/career tally?

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »
the siblings don't count once the heir has been named.... if that makes sense. 

If they complete their LTW as children, then the 'points' count towards the heir at the time, however if those children grow up and the kid (new heir) takes over then his/her brothers/sisters don't count.

Does that makes sense?  (it makes sense in my head.... ha!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
So if I decided to do firstborns has heirs then the siblings wouldn't count at all? Or would it not count the minute the firstborn becomes a young adult? Or when the firstborn achieves his first point?

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 01:34:02 AM »
once they (in this case the first born) are young adult, then their siblings don't count, if they achieve wishes while the heir (in this case first born) is younger than young adult then it counts.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
once they (in this case the first born) are young adult, then their siblings don't count, if they achieve wishes while the heir (in this case first born) is younger than young adult then it counts.
Ok. Thank you so much for clarifying! Spouses of the heir count as well (while I'm asking I might as well get full clarification that I didn't mess up my count!)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
yes, spouses of the heir count. :)

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 05:13:51 AM »
By the supernatural rule, do you mean that only witches are allowed in the Short Dynasty?
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »
By the supernatural rule, do you mean that only witches are allowed in the Short Dynasty?

that is correct, witches have normal life span... vampires, faeries, genies, mummies, werewolves have an extended life span.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »
How do we get random traits? Is this just for founders or heirs as well? Really looking forward to this. It sounds fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 08:38:50 PM »
How do we get random traits? Is this just for founders or heirs as well? Really looking forward to this. It sounds fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when you get the option of traits (either in CAS or in growing up) there is a button that look like a pair of dice.  You click that and you get a random trait.  hope this helps. :)

anything