Author Topic: A Summer In Sunset Valley-Goodbyes Hurt [Finished]  (Read 18975 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-The Outline Of Perfection & All Luck
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »
I'm glad Peaches is ok. Even though her Grandmother is being a bit of a pain it looks like Lucy is still having a fun summer.
Yeah, Lucy does seem to be having fun :) So, I might be able to have an update tomorrow, depending on if my computer wants behave.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-The Outline Of Perfection & All Luck
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »
A 'Not' Outing
   I'm still grounded, I still don't think it's fair. I wake up the next morning, I kick off my heels and change into a jumper. My feet are so sore from the heels, that it hurts to walk. I rub them with my hands, hoping to relive the pain. i choose a pair of leather flip flops from my suitcase and sigh as I walk. I much prefer flips. 
   Eliza sits at the counter and shovels pancakes into her mouth. "Good morning, Lucy." She says after she swallows. "Morning, where's grandma?" "She took Peaches to the club or something. GRandma had some practice 'with the ladies', so she took Peaches with her. She won't be back till dinner." I nod, "Awesome then, I have to go somewhere. You'll be fine here alone?" Eliza rolls her eyes, something she learned from me. "Mom lets me ride the subway home from school, Alone. I'll be fine. But where are you going any way? I thought you were grounded." "I am, but it's not fair. I need to clear my head. I'll be back before Grandma comes home. I promise." Eliza smiles. "Okay, call me if anything." I grab a energy bar from the cookie container and kiss the top of her head. "That was my line." She laughs. "Bye." "Bye."
   I shut the door behind me and walk down the sidewalk to the park. Each step is father from the house, Grandma and grounding. It's already hot, but the sea breeze cools everything down. I step into the park, and see Felix. Only a few feet away.

I wak up to him, and my heart skips a beat when he turns around. "Hello!" I squeak. "Hi, Lucy." "How do you know my name?" He laughs. "Ms.Green has two granddaughters, one who's a kid and the other who's older. It wasn't hard to guess." It annoyed me that he knew so much about me, and I knew nothing about him. "Lucy, would you like to hang out?" I nod, wordless. "Yes . . yes I would, Felix." I stammer. He smiles even more,

"So, tell me about Bridgeport. I've never been." I look at him, a smile on my face. "Really?" He nods, "Yeah, I was supposed to go this summer. But my parents had to work. " "I understand. Usually my parents come with us. But they had stay back in Bridgeport for a job they started and was supposed to be on hold. Bridgeport is very different. The city never sleeps, it goes twenty four seven. And, the beaches aren't like here. Yu don't really want to swim in them because they aren't the cleanest. Also, celebrities and paparazzi are every where!" "Are you famous?" I almost laugh, but then I see how serious his face his. And I remember, he isn't one of my Bridgeport friends. We always joke that were famous and mock all the airhead celebrities.
   "No, I'm not famous. But we live a very privileged life. Why?" "You look like your famous. I wouldn't have been surprised if you had told me your very famous and I'd see your face on magazine covers. You are very pretty."

I blush, and it only darkens as he speaks. "I am serious."

"Thank you. But, I've never been on a magazine cover before." "How about you meet me tomorrow? My friend is throwing a party. You want to come?" I'm so caught up in his eyes, that I nod. "Yes, I'd love too." "I'll come by your house at five. My phone number is on Sunset Valley's web page. See you then." I hug him tightly, "Bye."

He walks up to his car and waves before climbing in and driving off. And I start the walk back to my house.

Hope you liked the update and please feel free to tell me what you think!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-A 'Not' Outing
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 03:33:29 PM »
Oooh...blossoming romance! Hope she doesn't get in trouble...

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
Oooh...blossoming romance! Hope she doesn't get in trouble...
Hope not! The story is getting close to the climax! ;D

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 08:21:49 PM »
Aww I hope everything works out!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »
Aww I hope everything works out!
Thanks. I'm hoping to be able to have another update tomorrow. ;D

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 10:49:33 AM »
SO, no pictures this time, sorry. I'll try to describe it as best as I can with words! So, I hit post, then deleted it, and now I have to rewrite it. Stick with me.

Please Say Yes
   The whole way home, I tried to stop smiling, but I couldn't. Not even a chance. When I walked into the house, Eliza questioned me, "Why are you so happy?" "Because I cleared my head." "Yeah, sure. Grandma isn't home yet, she said to call for pizza at five. Which it is." "Kay." I said, still in a trance, I took the house phone from it's cradle and ordered pizza. Grandma came home as the pizza man came, at dinner, she was in a great mood, which helped my cause.
   I had asked grandma if she'd let me off the hook and she said yes 'because I acted like the young lady she expected me to be.' If only she had known where I actually spent the day. I stretch out on the bed waiting for a reply from Tracie. The phone buzzes, and Tracie's text floats across the screen.
T:What up?
L:Nothing, G said yes.
T:YES!!!
L:So, yea, I'm going.
T: Good.I wouldn't want to be there without my BFF. How are you getting there?
L:Felix offered to drive me, but if he does, G will find out :'(
T: U can come over and he can pick us up?
L:I see if he'll do that
T:Don't worry he will. He knows where I live. I'll help you get ready, bring the white dress we bought.
   I text a short message of 'hi' to Felix and wit for him to write back. I guess most teens in SV are on at night. But it bugged me that Tracie seemed so close to Felix, but I brushed it off.
F: Hi, what up?
L:I'm getting ready over at Tracie's for tomorrow, think you can pick us up there?
F:Of course! My house is really close, as is the party.
L:Whose party?
F:Uh, I think Parker, or Albee.Or both, but it's at the Bachelors. Their parents are out, and Bella is going over to a friend's house or something.
L:Oh, kay, thanks. See you.
F:C u

It made me nervous that who ever's parents were not going to be there. But I was going to pretend it wasn't, because it was normal. Someone was coming up the stairs, I picked my head up as Eliza's head showed. "I can't sleep." she says. "Come here," She walks over and sits next to me. "You can sleep up here to tonight." She smiles and gives me a hug before climbing over to the other side. "Good night." Her breath evened till she was asleep. I shut the phone off and put it on the nightstand, before climbing into bed. Pie found her way in between us and snored, I have such a weird cat. The minute my head hit the pillow I feel asleep.

Not my best update, but the next one will be a lot better. But I hope you liked it anyways! Please feel free to tell me what you think.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-Please Say Yes
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 06:49:15 PM »
I'm excited to see how the party works out! This is an odd question but I'm going to ask it anyway hahaha, Is Pie based off a real cat you know? The reason I'm asking that is because the little details like Pie's snoring seems like something that wouldn't even occur to you to write. Well, if Pie's not based off a real cat then you are doing a super job with the details!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »
I'm excited to see how the party works out! This is an odd question but I'm going to ask it anyway hahaha, Is Pie based off a real cat you know? The reason I'm asking that is because the little details like Pie's snoring seems like something that wouldn't even occur to you to write. Well, if Pie's not based off a real cat then you are doing a super job with the details!
Pie is kind of based off my uncle's cat. I've only really been around cats at my uncle's house, so I built off of it. But I want a cat like Pie, so I tend to keep the image of my dream cat in my head when I write ::) Thanks!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 09:25:03 PM »
Pie is kind of based off my uncle's cat. I've only really been around cats at my uncle's house, so I built off of it. But I want a cat like Pie, so I tend to keep the image of my dream cat in my head when I write ::) Thanks!
Pie is a pretty dreamy cat.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »
The Party Turned Out Not So Good
   I walk behind Tracie to her car. My duffel bag bangs against my hip with each step. A another moment closer to the party with every passing minute. Nervous butterflies zoom in my stomach,. And a million different outcomes run marathons through my head. Tracie opens the car door and I slide in.
   "Hello!" Says Tracie's Mom cheerfully. "Hi, I'm Lucy." I extend my hand out and she shakes it. "Mrs.Boyer." Mrs.Boyer looks exactly like Tracie, just older. She drives down toward her house. "Excited?" Tracie asks me. "Yeah, I guess. I'm nervous, though." "Don't be, we will have a lot of fun." She smiles. "You are going to look gorgeous. I already did my hair, like it?" She turns her head so I can see it. "It's very pretty." "Thank you." Her mom pulls up in front of the house, it's super modern and mostly made of glass. "Wow." I say, getting out of the car. "I know, come on." She pulls me down the path and into her house. It's huge, bigger then two of my Grandma's houses.
   Tracie leads me up a flight of stairs into her bedroom. It's twice the size of my apartment at home. It's bathed in a soft pink tone. "Your bedroom is huge!" I cry, it echos of the walls. She laughs, "Wait till you see my closet." Her closet is the size of my bedroom.
   Hours later, we are both dressed up. Her dress is strawberry red, with white accents, and her makeup makes her glow. She spins me around to her mirror. IT takes my breath away, I don't look like me. The girl in front of me is not me. She has blond hair the color of the sun, and her makeup put on with an artist hand makes her face soft and pretty. She startling. Her dress is coal black, and it glistens in the light. Tracie smiles, "Told you." "Thank you!" I cry, pulling her into a hug. We walk towards the door. "What about your parents?" I ask. "Don't worry. They are out for the night, won't be back till tomorrow." She pulls the door shut hand locks it, tossing the key into er clutch. A red car drives down the street, it makes a sharp turn hand skids to a stop in front of the house. "That's our ride." Tracie walks up and pulls the door open to the second row. "Your in the front," She says slyly.
   I open the passenger door and slide into the car. "Hello, ladies." Felix says. "Hi." I say, glancing at him. "You look nice." Felix says, turning the key in the engine. My cheeks burn, and I nod. "Thank you." I look out the window as we drive, the butterflies are now birds and the thoughts are running triathlons.

Felix pulls into the parking spot in front of the house, and shuts off the engine. We all get out and he locks the car.

The house glows purple, and music pounds the night air. "Come on, Tracie grabs my hand and we walk up to the house. The closer we got, the more the music seemed to fill the air. Felix opened the door, and the noise of people surrounded me.
   The music was even louder inside, the walls seemed to pulse with the music and my beating heart. We followed Felix through the crowed, and I felt nervous. So many people is such a tight place. Felix yelled over the music to be heard. "This is Michael." We greeted each other, "Where's Parker?" "Grounded!" Yells Michael back. "He tried to bribe his sister or something not to tell because she found out. His parents were so mad." "His loss. " We walk back towards the kitchen, and join the people eating and dancing.

I'll admit I was enjoying myself more and more by the minute.

When we finished, the whole party moved outside. Only a few people stayed in. Michael borrowed a DJ booth and was spinning music loudly.
Tracie got me to start dancing, and we joined in on the fun.

The song ended, and I took a look at my phone. 8:59. "I'll be right back, Tracie." I said, I ran back into the house and up the stairs to the bathroom.
L:Hey Grandma
G:Hello, Lucy, thank you for remembering.
L: Your welcome. Well, I'm sleepy. I'm going to go to bed now.
G:Good night, dear.
I hung up, and went to open the door when I heard two people talking. "Did you see the blond with Felix?" ONe asked, the blond is me. "Yeah, I think her name is Lucy." "What does Felix see in her?" "I don't know. Maybe he's trying to make Tracie jealous." I froze, what? "Yea, she broke his heart. They were together all summer and then school starts and poof, no more Trix." "Let her figure it out!" Giggles one go them. I open the door and see they have walked down stairs.
 I held back tears, Felix could be playing with my emotions to make Tracie jealous. I stormed down the stairs, not bothering to say excuse me. The coal colored dressed matched my mood. I walked up to Felix, "Are you using me?" I ask. HE looks confused, "What?" "Did you and Tracie ever go out?" "Lucy, there's something I need to tell you." He said, ignoring my question. "I think I love you. And this is something I should have done the minute a meet you." I stare at him, now very confused.

He kissed me, he really did! All of my anger drained out of me, filled with joy. HE took my hand and lead me to the fire pit. I took a seat next to him, and someone handed us marshmallows.

Everyone went back to dancing, but Felix and I. We found a patch of empty space and sat down.

I looked at the sky, trying to find some stars I know when his hand slid over mine. Oh, my gosh. I was floating.

We leaned back, and pretend to point out stars.
I was feeling tired, and ready to leave. "Felix, can you drive me home?" I asked. "Um, Lucy, the party just really got going. Can't we stay another half hour please?" "Felix, look, I want to go home." "But, I don't want to. I'm staying." "Fine, stay with Tracie. MAybe she'll take you back now because you're done with me." "That's not what I meant!" "But it's what you wanted to say. Give me the car keys. I'll drive home, and you can pick up your car tomorrow." "Fine," He digs into his pocket and throws me the keys. "I'm going to go find Tracie. Maybe she'll want to dance with me. I felt tears coming back, he got up and found Tracie and he danced with her.
   I brushed away the tears on my cheek, and looked at the party one last time before going into the house,

I pushed through the crowd of people, wiping away tears. I unlocked the car and slid into the drivers seat. I turned the keys in the engine. Nothing happened. I turned and twisted them in every direction possible. I looked up at the house, and saw Felix running out. HE looked around, panicked till he saw me in the car. "Lucy! Stop!" He cried. I thought he was saying stop so he could apologize. I got the car to turn on, and hit the pedal. HE ran after me, yelling, "Stop the car Lucy!" Repetively.  I tried to turn on the car's lights, but they stayed dimmed. I tried again, and they still didn't. I hit the button again, nothing. "Lucy!" Felix's cries. I look to see another car barreling down the street. I hit the horn, and try the lights again.
   There's a sudden boom, collecting the noise of breaking glass and crunching metal. I shut my eyes, everything too bright to look at.
"Lucy!" A male voice calls. I recognize it, but I can't place it. I squeeze my eyes shut. and try to mumble something, but no words come out. "Tracie!" His voice is so panicked, it makes me worry that I'm so calm. "Call someone! Anyone!" "I called them, there on the way here." I hear a distant siren. "It's going to be okay." The guy says. I want to nod, but I can't.
I should have listened, I should have stopped the car. So many things I should have done.

I hope you liked the update and please feel free to tell me what you think.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-The Party Turned Out Not So Good
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »
Wow that was intense. Great update! Love the suspense.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
Wow that was intense. Great update! Love the suspense.
Thanks! I hope to be able to write up another update soon, hopefully tommorow.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2012, 06:39:48 PM »
You are SUCH a good writer! I love this story :)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »
You are SUCH a good writer! I love this story :)
Thank you! It really means a lot, I love to write, so I'm very glad that there is such a great forum for me to share my writing on.