Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 64319 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Meteor stories
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2011, 10:33:15 AM »
Babies and toddlers cannot die in the active household.  But when they're living in an inactive household, they are at the mercy of story progression.  When a town gets too full, story progression will "cull the herd" to help maintain your machine's performance.  Sometimes it moves sims out of town (where they are gone from the game), and sometimes it kills them in bizarre accidents.  Babies and toddlers are not exempt from this.

Somebody here had a screen shot of ghost babies laying on the ground in the graveyard, although I don't remember who that was.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »
When a town gets too full, story progression will "cull the heard"...

You mean "cull the herd?" At least that's what I've heard.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2011, 11:04:26 AM »
I have had Ambitions since the day it came out and there has never had meteor crash. But one time I was playing, just created a family and I was about to build when there was a pop up that said 'Debby wonders why-' that's everything I got to read then there was a boom and my computer crashed, everything went black.  :-\

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2011, 12:07:25 PM »
You mean "cull the herd?" At least that's what I've heard.  ;D

Yeah, I "herd" something similar, but I'm not sure if I believe it or not.  I fixed it, just in case.  ;)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »
I just had a meteor strike. My Sim was looking through the telescope and got the notification. I gave her the command to go across the street, and she walked out of danger. (I, of course, was saying, "Move, move, move!) Then she picked up the fire extinguisher and started trying to put out the fires. Again, I had to get her away from danger, and get her to call the firefighters. They came and took care of the last two blazes, and told her she should have been more careful.

It took me a while to think of pictures, but I got a few:

And here's the crater:

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Machete Girl

« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
Yesterday morning I was playing my new fav sim in barnacle bay. He had just reached his LTW to be special agent. He had max handiness & athletic skill and had just gotten married and had his first kid. He went to a party to question some people for reports out in front of the house when I noticed all the other sims pointing toward the sky. I used the camera to try and look buy couldn't see anything. Then I get the message my sim notices a meteor. Then SMASH!! My sim was dead. I have never encountered this in the last year I have been playing. I didn't know that could happen. I had his wife collect his grave and the meteor pieces which sold all together for almost 10k. I'm waiting now for the science opportunity. Crazy!! Lol.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »
Wow! That's some story Machete Girl! So... when he comes back to life is he going to finish the report that he was working on? :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Machete Girl

« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2011, 05:48:24 PM »
I'm not sure lol. I was pretty upset my sim was killed. (Doh!!) That's only the second accidental sim death I've encountered.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »
They came and took care of the last two blazes, and told her she should have been more careful.

Yes indeed!  What was she thinking, dropping those meteors nearly on her own head?  :P

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
I know they have those little challenges from a cheap home. (Not Metro's the ones that give you the option to Accept or Ignore a challenge) One of them actually included a challenge where the house was struck by a meteor, and this was before I got Ambitions added to my Sims 3 collection. You can even get meteor rocks from the "BuyDebug" Cheat and it's vanilla. So I think meteor's without ambitions are included but not in depth and and Sim's don't die from them.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2011, 04:31:46 PM »
I know they have those little challenges from a cheap home. (Not Metro's the ones that give you the option to Accept or Ignore a challenge) One of them actually included a challenge where the house was struck by a meteor, and this was before I got Ambitions added to my Sims 3 collection. You can even get meteor rocks from the "BuyDebug" Cheat and it's vanilla. So I think meteor's without ambitions are included but not in depth and and Sim's don't die from them.

Actually the cheap home challenge is just multiple space rocks spread all over the place, and the Buydebug rocks can be found in the wild, too.

I feel like I'm really missing out on this! I got Ambitions for nearly a year now and still no meteor attacks!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2011, 08:32:45 PM »
I was really unlucky (and slightly dim) with the only meteor I've ever had. It hit two days after I got Ambitions and I had never heard of meteors. I had no idea what was going on and didn't move my sim, so that was the end of her!
She wasn't even using the telescope, she was gardening.

R.I.P Sim Whose Name I Have Forgotten  :P

Sportsfan

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »
I've never seen a meteor, but I'm really hoping that I will in my dynasty and it will hit this burglar that's robbed ms twice.

imaGleek

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »
I've never seen a meteor, but I'm really hoping that I will in my dynasty and it will hit this burglar that's robbed ms twice.

Trust me the last place you want a meteor is your dynasty. I once was attepting a dynasty and a meteor took out the whole garden while my founder was in it! That really depressed me because that garden had life fruit, death flowers, money trees, steak plants, and tons of perfect fruits and veggies!

Sportsfan

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
Trust me the last place you want a meteor is your dynasty.
Can't the meteor land somewhere other than your sims lot? I meant I was hoping it would hit somewhere else in town and kill that burglar.