Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 208286 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »
For some strange reason, I really like the appearance of the hospital.  Just "feels" more like a hospital to me.  Was cool to find garlic and pepper plants there and red mushrooms behind the school.  Anyone notice the molecular rearrangers?  I imagine they are rather like subways..  Hope they work better!

The tardis LLAMA system can sometimes turn you into the tragic clown but otherwise it works greats.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »
I love the look of the new town hall. I think I might replace the one I have in my world with that one when I get it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2012, 06:45:27 PM »
Ok, NOW I'm annoyed.  First of all the double buildings look an awful lot like the Appaloosa ones, but that can be passed over.  At least they are nice colors.  And the combo of really pretty and really dirty/ugly can be forgiven.  After all, it's kind of an almost town/almost camping type wilderness area so dirt is expected.  BUT LOT SIZE 64x63!!  Really, EA?  Really?  You couldn't give the extra 1 square dimension for that and for the 39x39 sizes?  Fine!  You want weird size lots that's just dandy.  But then give us builders/remodelers the SAME sizes in Edit Town! It may be something silly to be so annoyed over when there is so much that IS right in this place, (although as a remodeler I see a lot of opportunities for changes), but I do get tired of trying to fit different size buildings on weird size lots.  Yes, it's doable but still, annoying.  They really need to find their EASY button!

On the other hand, my fairies are awesome!  His wings are different from hers but they seem right.  I prebuilt them in CAS and just had to turn them into fairies today when I finally was able to use SN.  One thing that did annoy me though was I was given a short list of LTW for them and no longer had that lovely drop down box where you could go through a really long list of possible LTW.  I was fine with her wish, the inner beauty one, but his is kind of iffy and not very satisfying.

I was also delighted in being able to turn off both celebrities and vampires!  YAY!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
Ok, NOW I'm annoyed.  First of all the double buildings look an awful lot like the Appaloosa ones, but that can be passed over.  At least they are nice colors.  And the combo of really pretty and really dirty/ugly can be forgiven.  After all, it's kind of an almost town/almost camping type wilderness area so dirt is expected.  BUT LOT SIZE 64x63!!  Really, EA?  Really?  You couldn't give the extra 1 square dimension for that and for the 39x39 sizes?  Fine!  You want weird size lots that's just dandy.  But then give us builders/remodelers the SAME sizes in Edit Town! It may be something silly to be so annoyed over when there is so much that IS right in this place, (although as a remodeler I see a lot of opportunities for changes), but I do get tired of trying to fit different size buildings on weird size lots.  Yes, it's doable but still, annoying.  They really need to find their EASY button!

On the other hand, my fairies are awesome!  His wings are different from hers but they seem right.  I prebuilt them in CAS and just had to turn them into fairies today when I finally was able to use SN.  One thing that did annoy me though was I was given a short list of LTW for them and no longer had that lovely drop down box where you could go through a really long list of possible LTW.  I was fine with her wish, the inner beauty one, but his is kind of iffy and not very satisfying.

I was also delighted in being able to turn off both celebrities and vampires!  YAY!

The weird shaped lots is actually a bug with Edit Town I've found because in 3 out of 4 games the lot is 64 x 64 and all them are 40 x 40.  If you start the game again, you'll get one with appropriately shaped lots.  Try Edit Town before placing any Sims maybe. 

As for the pull down box - When you're in CAS it's there unless you forgot to choose an LTW before you left CAS and then the one that pops up saying you have to have a LTW/Traits for everyone appears and that one doesn't the 6th option.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lisey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2012, 08:15:01 PM »
Ok, NOW I'm annoyed.  First of all the double buildings look an awful lot like the Appaloosa ones, but that can be passed over.  At least they are nice colors.  And the combo of really pretty and really dirty/ugly can be forgiven.  After all, it's kind of an almost town/almost camping type wilderness area so dirt is expected.

Actually, the 'gritty' aspect of this neighborhood is part of why I think it's going to become my favorite neighborhood fast. But I always prefer the neighborhoods that look like they could be real places rather than fantasy getaways. Twinbrook looks SO MUCH like where I live (minus the swamp) which is why it's still my all-time favorite.

I haven't gotten out to explore the neighborhood too much but I really like what I've seen! The only thing I find kind of odd is that there are almost no hills, so no pretty vantage points...although there are pretty mountains all around. But I think they said they were modeling it after the Midwest and it's pretty flat out there? Maybe that's why. It seems like something done consciously because I know that in other neighborhoods they like to play with hills and such.

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »
Anyone else having a zombie overload? I keep getting zombies day and night and not just during the full moon. One zombie was Oberon Summerdream from Sims 2 which I thought was nice.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »
Something I forgot to add about fairies! They have the ability to cast auras on themselves that affect them and nearby sims. You start with aura of soothing, which relaxes you and removes stress, and you learn more later. While they're up they drain your magic slowly, and different ones stack, so if you have a lot of fairies you can all cast different ones.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »
I just installed the game and I headed straight to CAS. When I got to the makeup section, I was rather shocked that EA provided a set of face-contouring makeup. Defined cheekbones, sunken eyes, and more detailed lips. Combined with the nostril-rotate slider, I'm finally able to create the sims I've wanted and brag about them being CC-free.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:03 AM »
The tardis LLAMA system can sometimes turn you into the tragic clown but otherwise it works greats.

HAHAH!  I thought they looked like the Tardis as well. 

I'm not sure if its the new collection trait or just luck but I was on vacation and the bugs/gems/metals kept respawning crazy fast.  I usually go on vacation with a collection helper and spend time collecting everything until I strip the map clean and then work on other things, and I couldn't keep up with the spawning.  In one case it spawned while I was still standing there!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2012, 01:50:46 AM »
They said they modeled it after the Northwest, not Midwest, and truly it is very very much like where I live!  There are snow capped mountains, and shorter greener mountains and I live in "the valley" as it is known.  Nice rivers, not too many hilly areas worth noticing, (except in Portland!), and views of the gorgeous mountains.  My town is all built up and very urban but drive 10 minutes and you get that gritty area that is more wilderness or farm area.  So the little valley with the nice water and mountains around is very much like the Northwest.  Trees are the same too.  They grow cottonwood in Washington state for the paper mills because it grows so fast and really isn't much good for anything else.

So I had fun playing.  I love the arboretum.  It is so pretty and you can do a lot in there.  My couple whoohooed, lol, looked for fairies, and did a lot more.  It was kind of fun even though I couldn't see what was going on.  Then, just as I was getting into it,  my game froze and crashed.  Sigh.  Good thing I am just playing to explore and learn and not as a for real game.

I haven't met any other supernaturals in the game so am looking forward to that.  I want to see zombies and werewolves and witches! 

Oh, has anyone checked out the extra stuff that came with getting the big preorder thing?  I mean more than pea shooters?  I am so loving all the new stuff!  I am not particularly good at building cute fantasy house type builds but there are several people who are going to come up with even more amazing stuff than usual once they get their hands on the new items.  So far I am extremely impressed and happy with this.  (Thanks for telling me the weird lot sizes were just a glitch, Rica!)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2012, 06:49:59 AM »
I got to play Supernatural last night for few hours and have to say I love what I saw - played in CAS and I loved the clothes and even few haircuts (well animation of walking in some of the nice large dresses are wierd but look great when Sim is standing still lol)! I love the furniture, Rocking Chair yay! As a collector I am more than thrilled by so may new plants, gem cutter and 3 new gems, honey and generally new use of all the harvestables - potions! Plus the Alchemy and contemplating phylosophy, so yea I love what I have seen so far.
And have to say I love the mountain sculpting and painting in this town, it took me a while to find all community lots but I love some of the new rabbitholes too :D Overall, I didn't expect I will like this EP this much and I am happy how it brings fantasy into the realism of virtual people I play with :D

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2012, 07:46:59 AM »
Haven't played for very long but so far I had the Llama give me the tragic clown moodlet, this lasts 24 hours, but I was able to remove this with the alchemy elixir.  The new paintings with the coloured border are awesome, check them out after dark!

The werewolf can hunt when transformed and so far has found metals, the new collectable trait really does help with collecting, at least every bug, butterfly and small animal I tried to catch succeeded.

Also I love the nod to Twilight with the 'Le shove' beach  ;)
So far I can say that I think this will be one of my favourite expansions, very pleased with everything so far !

Offline Rebecca88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »
So far, I'm enjoying Supernatural as well. I've had a lot of Zombies and in my town, Oberon Summerdream was a fairy, not a Zombie. Alchemy is fun, but I lack a bit of the willpower to get good at fishing, gardening AND alchemy, so fishing is my next step. My witch sim is interesting though I really wish there was a way to track the progress for supernatural sims. I've had her play with magic for hours and she hasn't learned anything new  :o I also did the Arcane Master quest and didn't get anything at the end...I'm pretty sure that's a glitch, though. I was really confused when nothing happened at the end.

Overall I'm really happy with the expansion! Has anyone played around with the werewolves yet? I'm curious about them!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2012, 07:52:53 AM »
There's so much content that I've barely scratched the surface. New music in either build or buy mode (can't remember which I was in when I heard it) and also new music for loading your town!

Also, the Gatherer trait apparently also makes you good at gardening. My level 2 gardening sim planted 3 normal seeds and now has 3 very nice plants. Fairies can talk to plants, too, whether they have the green thumb trait or not.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »
I want to bang my head against my keyboard because college has once again caused me great strife financially. I had to spend my Sims money on a couple of textbooks (one of them is online) and I don't know when I'll ever get enough money to buy this expansion pack. I might have to wait for Christmas!  :'(

The woes of a broke college student with no job. :(
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.