Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 207743 times)

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2012, 11:44:46 PM »
Where do they spawn? Around the lot or on the Station?

I had mine spawn around the lot. If you use buydebug, you can see the spawners. One is Gem - Alchemy, and the other is something like Insect - Alchemy.
Call me Alex.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. - Robert Heinlein

My first story: Woods Family Empire
Based on the project I wrote: Family Empire.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2012, 01:07:33 AM »
Yeah Alexrandia I have the same LTW and the first time I made multiple elixirs I was totally JUST about to sell them when I realised I shouldn't. (Which was good, because she can chuck them at her teenagers to cheer them up when they're stressed after school - it was the elixir of bliss.) I haven't had any real way to make money yet because I'm keeping the elixirs, but her son is close to getting his first harvest from his garden and any spare from that will get sold. Also need to get around to having her daughter sell her fish, I'm actually just here to check where she should go next to catch something new. Next time I have a couple k I'll get the invention station for the daughter too, then I guess the gem cutter, or else the other way round. So far I've just covered all costs by selling small pets and buying cheap books at the consignment store and selling them back to the bookshop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dtaymoore

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »
The part I hated thou was, you guessed it, Zombies. THEY ARE EXTREMLY ANNOYING!

I love it when my Sims are safely in their locked house and the Zombie Attack! pops up in the queue *noted sarcasm*. I love it more when they actually try leaving the house, haha! Since I was playing with my newly-formed deca-dynasty family, I wasn't all too thrilled to see how the attack plays out.

Has anyone tried out the zombie attack?

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2012, 04:03:06 AM »
I love this EP, the elixirs are great. I also love how fairies and witches train their powers, and need no items to cast spells only magic power, which is like mana in role playing games. I love Bonehilda, and have so since The Sims Makin' Magic. She scared the human maid then to, I have a place in my heart for Bonehilda hehe. I love that all life states are easily to make, and it was pretty nice that the developers made elixirs to make SimBots and Mummies, since they couldn't make them in CAS. I love the teleporter phone booths, I love the fact that you can have as many on your lot as you want. I think the Alchemy cabinets are really nice, I also think the bookcase door is fun. Secret rooms can be made, I only wish they could be locked. I love this EP, magic has been one of my favorite things in the Sims series. They improved magic in this game so much.
Edit: I love the magic mirror to, I laugh everytime I use it. It's so much like Snow White, without the Evil Queen.   
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2012, 06:34:42 AM »
I just finished looking through the CAS and build/buy new stuff - and I am so happy! There's just sooooo much stuff, and I love it! Yay!

One question I have though, is in the accessories panel for clothing, down the bottom there is two pictures of lips. I cannot work out what they do... Anyone know?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2012, 06:47:40 AM »
The lips are for vampiric fangs.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2012, 07:16:46 AM »
Oh! 2 different kinds of fangs? How am I supposed to see them I wonder?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »
By playing with the overbite/underbite jaw controls I would assume.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2012, 07:42:45 AM »
Wow that's one awesome EP! Now to find a mansion/Castle on the forums cause I'm just too.. hmm... lazy to build one myself.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
Wow that's one awesome EP! Now to find a mansion/Castle on the forums cause I'm just too.. hmm... lazy to build one myself.

There's the awesoome one that SimGuruArgus made, but sadly it doesn't really work without Supernatural....I have about three or four days to go until I get Supernatural. D=

Offline necroberry

• Nooboo
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »
I have come out of lurkedom only to say this: It is like I have been waiting my entire life as a Sims obsessed player for this EP to come... I'm blown away completely and I still haven't fully explored the wondrous world of Supernatural. But they kind of had me at witches months back when I first found out. And they are, magical (pun intended)! I have grown fond of fairies too, they're lovely, but I have a feeling I'd slap one repeatedly if I were to actually have one near me in the real world >.>". The werewolves are pretty awesome too, but I have my doubts regarding overly hairy humanoids .-. And alchemy is a blast, I still haven't tested all the elixirs and I'm having trouble with the ones that require fish, because I refuse to have any of my sims learn that skill and conversion only does so much.

Everything's fine and dandy, except for Moonlight Falls, it has proved a disappointment, but it's probably because I had very high expectations to begin with. I am still exploring it, but I don't think my opinion will improve. It also seems my game is borked because I am missing the Van Goulds D:, they are there, they're just homeless. I do love the lighting in the full moon, but it's tiresome to the eyes during daylight, and I am experiencing awful headaches after several hours of game play. The magic mirror has grown on me, I'm quite fond of it at the moment and I giggle like teenage girl at my sim's interactions with it, and she's quite vain, so she spends a lot of time with it. Bonehilda brings tears to my eyes <3, lovely, lovely creature, she won my heart when she tackled a poor unassuming burglar.

Zombies, however, have turned my playing time into a constant nightmare. After I found one watching my sim sleep (creeepeeey), in the house... without being invited, I have reached the point where I lock my sims in the house and barricade my gardens, and if that doesn't keep them away, that Fire Blast sure comes in handy >.>". All in all, superb, superb EP! I am kind of scared about it to be honest, because my friends have assumed me dead since the fourth, I really do hope my excitement settles down in a few days :))

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
I'm having trouble with the ones that require fish, because I refuse to have any of my sims learn that skill and conversion only does so much.

There's always the shop - or if you have Pets you could have a cat do the fishing for you if that's less objectionable.

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2012, 03:08:48 PM »
I like that you can customize a Werewolf's normal human form separate from the transformed werewolf form, but I wish it would let you give them two sets of clothing as well! All those ripped up pants and shirts would be perfect for a werewolf, but not while they are in human form. On the flip side, my Werewolf looks pretty silly galloping around on all fours in heels and a dress...  :o

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
I like that you can customize a Werewolf's normal human form separate from the transformed werewolf form, but I wish it would let you give them two sets of clothing as well! All those ripped up pants and shirts would be perfect for a werewolf, but not while they are in human form. On the flip side, my Werewolf looks pretty silly galloping around on all fours in heels and a dress...  :o

Maybe they, uh, don't bother to change their clothes when they transform back? But then you'd think they'd just wear loose clothing to begin with. :P

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »
I'm finding the zombies more and more annoying.  At first they were fine, then they started getting into my garden, so I gated and locked it...no problem.

But now...now I've taken a trip to China and there are zombies everywhere day and night.  I'm trying to max my martial arts skill and when I go to set up a challenge to spar, the sim I'm challenging is a zombie and will not come to spar.  GAH!

anything