Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 207336 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2012, 07:49:49 AM »
And do all the collectables show up in other towns or will we have to place our own spawners?

Clearly I need to find the vovabulary thread. What are spawners?

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2012, 08:01:45 AM »
Spawners are Create a World and buydebug objects that spawn (create) collectables, such as gems or insects. They are placed throughout the world.
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2012, 12:39:06 PM »
....did anyone ever mention the new level 0 fishing book that was put into all games when the launcher expanded?
It was all about toads and things so i'd assume it was for their bait or something?

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
Oh waay cool. So are there tanks in the buy mode to have the frogs as pets? A terrarium or something?

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »
Oh waay cool. So are there tanks in the buy mode to have the frogs as pets? A terrarium or something?

Actually the toad, luminous salamander and fairy damsel are new fish types and like the other fish they can be put into the fishbowls.  :)  It would be cool if you could buy other things like a toad in a terrarium, kinda like the ant farm though. You can still put the rodents, snakes, lizards and turtles in the buy mode terrariums that we got with the Pets EP.

....did anyone ever mention the new level 0 fishing book that was put into all games when the launcher expanded?
It was all about toads and things so i'd assume it was for their bait or something?

You are correct ladyaya. It allows your Sim to learn the bait for the three new fish I mentioned above.  :)

Regards,
Sarah

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2012, 03:43:04 PM »
I still haven't been able to really dive into Supernatural that much, my only free time has been either been spent elsewhere or in my Dynasty. However from what I have seen and tried out it's a really cool expansion, I love the new content and can't wait to just be able to sit down and play - so hopefully this weekend! :D

I've only really bought and used a few Elixrs so far but from that taster it seems like a great addition!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »
Same here. Although I haven't had half the time I wanted to play with Supernatural since I installed it last week-end, I really like what I've already seen. I was thrilled when EA announced this EP and had very high expectations for it, and I haven't been disappointed an inch so far. And that's quite a compliment coming from me, since I've a tad little bit of a critic mind in general  :D Even the never ending Zombie apocalypse bug hasn't bothered me so far.

I find all the furniture, architecture items, clothes and hairs really lovely. And Alchemy is a very nice skill too. Moonlight Falls looks rather nice. It's a bit empty in the center (but that's intentional if I understand correctly), but very flat. So it's really easy to remodel in the future. The new Rabbit Holes look great and are a nice change.

Although I was more interested in the Witches than any other life states, I've been playing a fairy family and I love them - they're really cute - argh  ;). This is rather unexpected for me since they sparkle a lot. If I must have one critic so far, this is indeed the sparkling which is a tad little bit too much to my taste. But I feel I'll be able to cope with it, the good in the EP far overcomes those sparkles!

Well, all I want is more time to play with it in fact!
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »
I haven't actually played with it yet, but I went into MF and had a look around. My first impression was that I didn't like it all that much - kind of another TB. But I love the new rabbitholes, and the fact that they doubled up the theatre and criminal base. The more double-ups I have, the more room I have for other things!

I love all the new furniture, skilling items and plants and things. I was especially excited by a tall, half width coffe/side table. It's perfect for entryways into homes - especially one I just built. And I love the tardis LLAMA. Even my daughter, walking by casually asked if I was looking for a Dr Who travelling thingy. Now I'm off to play with it some more while I work out where I'll put all the new items!

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2012, 12:51:28 AM »
haha, my babydaddy seems to have more-or-less moved into my super fairy land. He just sleeps in the fairy bungalow every night and hangs out there during the day, he hasn't been to his own home in days. I suspect this is a side effect of fairy bungalows being open to all while beds aren't - and unfortunately neither are showers, as he's getting a little rank. The funny thing is he hasn't shown any interest in toddler Kitty either. His reaction on seeing her was to walk up to the crib and slump forward in disappointment with a thought bubble of her and a red line through it, and hasn't interacted with her since. He seems to be getting his musical skill up pretty steadily though.

(Kitty is pretty cute. Her da has human colouring and mum is an ex-rainboo. Her hair is blue with red highlights and tips and her skin is human-pink.)

Offline awesomeemzy

• Nooboo
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »
I know mostly everyone is playing in the new neighborhood - naturally. But is anyone playing in the old neighborhoods? What is different? Are there Supernatural townies now? Are they singing in the street? (If you also have Showtime)

I am, I'm playing in Twinbrook (Being at home all day every day means I have plenty time to play). I just find Moonlight Falls very... dreary? And empty, as my game's progressing townies are starting to change into different life states for example Goodwin Goode is now a fairy in my game.
I know Twinbrook's pretty dull too but at least all the lots are closer together.

Offline SpiritedTreasure

• Sosi the Raven
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:41 AM »
I'm curious, has anyone noticed any differences in the vampires in this addition?
"Courage looks you straight in the eye. She is not impressed with power trippers, and she knows first aid. Courage is not afraid to weep, and she is not afraid to pray, even when she is not sure who she is praying to. When she walks it is clear she has made the journey from loneliness to solitude. The people who told me she was stern were not lying. they just forgot to mention she was kind."
-J. Ruth Gendler

Offline dtaymoore

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2012, 01:00:51 AM »
I know mostly everyone is playing in the new neighborhood - naturally. But is anyone playing in the old neighborhoods? What is different? Are there Supernatural townies now? Are they singing in the street? (If you also have Showtime)

I was playing in Appaloosa Plains and I didn't go out searching for anything, but the townies can turn into zombies. I'm not sure how they do it, but they can show up at your doorstep as a zombie.

Offline YolandaBlu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2012, 10:45:51 AM »
I have not tried all the new things in Supernatural, but I do have a problem with zombies.  On the homestead they are annoying, but I have a sim that wants to explore tombs and such.  I sent her to Egypt to adventure.  The person she was to report to was a zombie which does not allow any action.  I tried again.  She was sent to a home and on that quest she could not even get in the house.  Zombies again!

This is a major problem.  I wonder if there is anyway to delete zombies from the Sims world.  There seem to be no purpose for them except annoyance.  In options, I found a place to supress the supernaturals, but zombies were not listed.  The rest are interesting additions.

One positive: The new patch or the new game has solved one problem I have had.  My games moves along much nicer with far less annoying pauses.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »
If you set the lunar cycle to a constant phase that is not the full moon, then you should not get zombies. Caveat: some people have found that the zombie attack gets "stuck", and the suggestion has been made that there's no fix for it.

If you can get them, it might be good to have some cure elixirs handy for situations like you're describing.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline YolandaBlu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2012, 02:57:49 PM »
I tried the cheat enabled to delete zombies on vacation to Egypt.  It did work and I was able to finish quests.  However, it only lasted for a few minutes.  It seems that I am not the only one experiencing this glitch.  EA games will most likely fix it with next patch.