Author Topic: Supernatural Offspring  (Read 50279 times)

Offline Amber Vain

  • Nooboo
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Supernatural Offspring
« on: September 05, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »
Has anyone had the luck to produce supernatural babies yet?

There were questions about it on the official forum which were answered by a staff member with this:

Quote
4.   Can supernatural Sims have babies? If so, what will it be?
Your supernatural Sims are certainly able to create children! Whether it’s a relationship between two of the same supernatural Sims, two differing supernatural Sims or a supernatural Sim and an ordinary Sim, they will be able to start a family and have a baby. The genetic system in The Sims 3 Supernatural works the same way as in The Sims 3 base game. The offspring of two of the same supernatural Sims will have a very high chance of inheriting the looks and traits of that supernatural type. The offspring of two differing supernatural Sims will have a chance of taking on the looks and abilities from one side of the family. The same goes for the offspring of supernatural Sims and ordinary Sims. The offspring will either have the looks and traits of the supernatural parent or of the ordinary parent.

...but when I had my wizard procreate with his fairy wife, all three of their babies were born human. Do we know if all babies are born human and then grow into their powers, or was I just unlucky? :P

Discuss supernatural kids here!

Offline Lysita

  • Occult
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:26:39 AM »
I believe that you start to see traits at the toddler and child stages, but they definitely don't come into their powers until at least teen.



Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Amber Vain

  • Nooboo
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:45:38 AM »
I assumed that but when I edit the toddler in CaS it doesn't even have a witch or fairy identity, all three children were categorized as humans. :( do they all begin as humans and then the identity changes, or did I just get stuck with human kids by chance?

Offline Lasnien

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 246
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
That sounds a little odd. My fairy/witch couple had twins, one fairy and one witch. As infants, you can tell their supernatural status by the border around their portraits in the relationship panel. (Also, fairy infants sparkle ;) )

Do you, by chance, use mods? Out of date mods can cause all kinds of havoc.

Offline thelittlepakeha

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 03:55:06 AM »
As regards fairy babies - do all their life stages last five times as long? That is, do you have a baby crying at you for two weeks instead of three days?

(Incidentally I saw a human townie with a toddler fairy at the elixir consignment store. Adorable!)

Offline Ztoast

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 29
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 03:59:25 AM »
Do the kids show up in the relationship panel as human (no colored boarder)? That's the only other way of identifying supernaturals I can think of at the mo'.  In the game lessons I believe it said that witches don't get their magic untill their teenage years. I don't know about fairies.

Offline Lysita

  • Occult
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:25:04 AM »
Fairy toddlers will have wings and can go in the fairy house, and will sometimes hover in the air.



Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

  • Immortal
  • *****
  • Posts: 606
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 08:26:45 AM »
I imagine that if you breed a witch and a fairy, each parent will have a 50% chance of passing on their occult gene to the baby.
I think that would work out to 25% chance of a witch, 25% change of a fairy, 50% chance of a human? No sure how it works in the game code though. I'm sure someone else will be able to find the info in the code.


When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Lasnien

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 246
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
As regards fairy babies - do all their life stages last five times as long? That is, do you have a baby crying at you for two weeks instead of three days?

Extended lifespan for those supernaturals that get it doesn't start till the YA stage, so no worries there. ;)

I imagine that if you breed a witch and a fairy, each parent will have a 50% chance of passing on their occult gene to the baby.
I think that would work out to 25% chance of a witch, 25% change of a fairy, 50% chance of a human? No sure how it works in the game code though. I'm sure someone else will be able to find the info in the code.

As I understand it (not that I've looked at the code, mind you) there's a 50% chance for each parent's lifestate to pass on, so two parents with the same lifestate would have a child that matches theirs, while two different parents (say, witch and fairy) will always have occult children, but they'll be either a witch or a fairy. You shouldn't get non-occult children from two occult parents.

Offline Amber Vain

  • Nooboo
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »
Quote
I imagine that if you breed a witch and a fairy, each parent will have a 50% chance of passing on their occult gene to the baby.
I think that would work out to 25% chance of a witch, 25% change of a fairy, 50% chance of a human? No sure how it works in the game code though. I'm sure someone else will be able to find the info in the code.

Quote
As I understand it (not that I've looked at the code, mind you) there's a 50% chance for each parent's lifestate to pass on, so two parents with the same lifestate would have a child that matches theirs, while two different parents (say, witch and fairy) will always have occult children, but they'll be either a witch or a fairy. You shouldn't get non-occult children from two occult parents.

Which is why I'm so perplexed. They had three children through try for baby and they were all born humans, no glowy-color-around-the-portrait or anything. All of my mods are patched and updated for 1.38 (I only use Twallan's mods and a pregnancy shortener) and I even cleared out my cache so I don't know why they can't produce a supernatural baby o_x

Offline Ricalynn

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 8431
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Have you tried it without the mods?
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline fortheloveofcake

  • Immortal
  • *****
  • Posts: 606
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
Is it possible that they are all witches and they are just not old enough yet for their powers to appear?


When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Amber Vain

  • Nooboo
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »
Quote
Have you tried it without the mods?

I'm going to take out my entire Mods folder to check but that's honestly my last resort. I'm asking around Simblr to see if anyone with mods has had the same problem first, though.

Quote
Is it possible that they are all witches and they are just not old enough yet for their powers to appear?

But they don't have the gold ring around their portraits. Their supernatural type in CaS comes up as "Human." Which brings me back to my original question: will their "identity" turn into Witches as they age or did I really have three human kids?

I can't believe this is even an issue lol ugh. I just want adorable fairy or witch kids.

Offline Ricalynn

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 8431
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 12:05:29 PM »
I'm going to take out my entire Mods folder to check but that's honestly my last resort. I'm asking around Simblr to see if anyone with mods has had the same problem first, though.

But they don't have the gold ring around their portraits. Their supernatural type in CaS comes up as "Human." Which brings me back to my original question: will their "identity" turn into Witches as they age or did I really have three human kids?

I can't believe this is even an issue lol ugh. I just want adorable fairy or witch kids.

Fairy kids show their wings at toddler stage but for witches it could be child or teen stage before you see anything from them.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Amber Vain

  • Nooboo
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »
Quote
Fairy kids show their wings at toddler stage but for witches it could be child or teen stage before you see anything from them.

That I understand, but would they still show up as humans in the portrait panel? Even if they don't show their powers until a certain life stage, why would the children be born categorized as humans and not a witch or a fairy?

Because these three kids were born human and what I'm trying to figure out is this: are all babies born human and then turn, or are they supposed to be born as the occult type and show the ring around the portrait from the minute they're born?

Offline cathyknits

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 1129
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 12:20:31 PM »
For a quick test, make a toddler witch in CAS and see if the toddler gets a colored ring.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 8431
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
Yes toddlers made from CAS show up as witches so they have the slightly golden ring to them.  This means it could be one of your mods doing it.  Remove your mods and have them make another baby.  I suspect the pregnancy shortener but you never know.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Amber Vain

  • Nooboo
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »
It's still doing it without mods. Oh well, I guess I'm just going to have to go into Create-a-Sim and manually make them supernaturals. Just my luck.

Offline NicoleML

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 166
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 05:14:17 AM »
I turned my human simself into a fairy and she had a child (with a human). While this child (a boy and her second, she had a daughter when she was human) doesn't have a color around him in the relationships tab, I suspect he is a Fairy for two reasons - there's a red sparkle around him, like that which follows a grown fairy's wings; and at the full moon he gets the "Energised by Moonlight" or whatever it's called moodlet. I have no idea what would indicate a witch - I may have to use an elixir and see.

Offline jen2912

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 206
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 08:28:34 AM »
My witch had girl twins with a townie fairy and had one of each.

To tell if a toddler is a witch, when playing with toys, they may may toys disappear and reappear and if your sim has a cat, she will have a moodlet for Animal Familiars.

To tell is toddler is a fairy, they will likely have wings if you zoom in and moodlets energized by moonlight or straved of moonlight if new moon.

Offline Saltypaws

  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 4415
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »
I am having the same thing happen.  I can't seem to get any supernatural offspring with the parents.  I hate doing it, but I put the toddlers in CAS and change from human to fairy.  Also, watermelon and apples don't work for me on producing the genders. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline CountessCrazy

  • Nooboo
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
If you have twallan's story progression you have to up the occult settings, as explained here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/message/view/Chatterbox/57463030

Offline Shirin

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 1497
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:22 PM »
My witch had girl twins with a townie fairy and had one of each.

To tell if a toddler is a witch, when playing with toys, they may may toys disappear and reappear and if your sim has a cat, she will have a moodlet for Animal Familiars.

To tell is toddler is a fairy, they will likely have wings if you zoom in and moodlets energized by moonlight or straved of moonlight if new moon.

Easier method: Look in the relationship panel. Witches have a gold/yellow outline around their photo, and fairies have a green one. :)

Offline Susinok

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 126
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 06:38:10 AM »
My witch/human couple had one of each baby. First daughter was human, second daughter was a witch. I don't have mods installed and this happened through normal Sim events.

Offline Hellmark

  • NPC
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »
Anyone have a problem of the kids all being the same thing? Have a werewolf and a fairy couple, and so far they've had 5 kids, all werewolves. Not a single fairy. Trying to do a dynasty, but not having any luck need something besides a werewolf to go to the next generation

Offline Sherry

  • A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
  • *****
  • Posts: 593
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 04:21:25 AM »
Anyone have a problem of the kids all being the same thing? Have a werewolf and a fairy couple, and so far they've had 5 kids, all werewolves. Not a single fairy. Trying to do a dynasty, but not having any luck need something besides a werewolf to go to the next generation
I have a fairy sim married to a werewolf. The couple had a fairy girl and boywolf. As for all werewolf kids, could it be any connection with try for baby under fullmoon?


Easier method: Look in the relationship panel. Witches have a gold/yellow outline around their photo, and fairies have a green one. :)
Yup. agree. Certainly is the best way to be sure. Since only the fairy baby that is clearly have wings after being toddler. The other toddler just looks almost the same. While all babies are cocoon with different colour according to their gender and totally all the same.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Saltypaws

  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 4415
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »
Right now, I am getting a mixture of all supernatural, which is kind of neat.  My sims and townies are getting together and my couple has a werewolf, fairy and a witch grandchildren and the parents were mixed.  It is a hoot seeing all of the different supernaturals and so many in their friendship panel now.  My couple had five kids and I had them move into different houses, so to see them getting together with other sims is quite entertaining, but hard to keep up with, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Seabody

  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 5088
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 02:48:57 AM »
I imagine that if you breed a witch and a fairy, each parent will have a 50% chance of passing on their occult gene to the baby.
I think that would work out to 25% chance of a witch, 25% change of a fairy, 50% chance of a human? No sure how it works in the game code though. I'm sure someone else will be able to find the info in the code.

That sounds like a challenge, my good lady!

Edit: And too good a challenge it was. :( I couldn't find anything. I did find that EA added a lot of tuning for alien genetics though.

Offline fortheloveofcake

  • Immortal
  • *****
  • Posts: 606
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:25:15 PM »
That sounds like a challenge, my good lady!

Edit: And too good a challenge it was. :( I couldn't find anything. I did find that EA added a lot of tuning for alien genetics though.

That was totally speculative, it turns out that when breeding a witch and a fairy (or vamp/genie/werewolf), kids will be 50-50 either witch or fairy. No humans.


When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Wiker12

  • Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 94
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
I 'crossed' a fairy and a werewolf, and their fairy daughter was then 'crossed' with a male witch and they had three kids, a fairy, a witch and a werewolf! Their werewolf daughter had kids with a ghost and they had a ghost and fairy child. No mods. Is that normal?
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline fortheloveofcake

  • Immortal
  • *****
  • Posts: 606
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
I've never heard of this happening before. Do you have Seasons? Maybe it has to do with the way alien genes pass down, and it applies to occults as well.


When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Wiker12

  • Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 94
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »
nope, no Seasons
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline Kamxam

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 64
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
It's probably a glitch as i only use a few hair and clothing mods in my games, but my ghost/fairy couple had a normal ghost girl which is fine and mostly grown up, and just had triplets. (Two boys and a girl)  One of the boys and the girl are a regular ghost like the father, but the third is a ghost (Same color as the dad) but has the fairy wings and has used the fairy castle to sleep in.
Just thought it was an interesting glitch as it had the fairy sparkle at birth but also a ghost. Going to keep the save though and will try to post pics after work. :)

Offline Kamxam

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 64
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »
Hopefully this works.. :o
Took a few pics of my ghost fairy as a toddler and as a child.







(still haven't totally figured out how to get them to show in the message but I will get it right eventually... )

[Edited image codes.  -Pam]

Offline Pam

  • Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 15236
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 02:27:57 AM »
(still haven't totally figured out how to get them to show in the message but I will get it right eventually... )

I fixed it for you.  All that was needed was to highlight each link and click on the Image button (looks like a portrait and is directly under the Bold button).

I 'crossed' a fairy and a werewolf, and their fairy daughter was then 'crossed' with a male witch and they had three kids, a fairy, a witch and a werewolf! Their werewolf daughter had kids with a ghost and they had a ghost and fairy child. No mods. Is that normal?

I haven't heard of this either, but it would be fantastic if it's not a glitch.  Having the grandparents' genes show up would be fun.  If anyone else has had this happen, please let us know.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Kamxam

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 64
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 03:28:52 AM »
Possibly a very small chance that a hybrid can result like you said? Would be great if so. Had the regular sim pregnancy and the ghost fairy was one of the triplets. :)
Much thanks for the help on the pics btw.

Louise56

  • Guest
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 05:50:04 AM »
The pictures look awesome, Kamxam! Welcome to the forum. :)

Offline ladyaya

  • The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 1184
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 08:04:44 AM »
Ghosts will cross with any other life state and be a double life state, like ghost and fairy. Rica did some testing when Supernatural first came out and she got a ghost IF when she crossed an IF and a ghost, as well as plain ghosts and plain IFs. When two supernaturals like werewolves and fairies cross, there is a chance to have a human nooboo.

Offline Ricalynn

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 8431
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
Ghosts will cross with any other life state and be a double life state, like ghost and fairy. Rica did some testing when Supernatural first came out and she got a ghost IF when she crossed an IF and a ghost, as well as plain ghosts and plain IFs. When two supernaturals like werewolves and fairies cross, there is a chance to have a human nooboo.

Actually, the only time I ever got a human involved a ghost.  I heard that most people who got humans from supernatural pairings all used mods.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline RavenKay

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 139
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »
I recently crossed a genie and a werewolf. I got quads! 2 were blue and 2 were normal skintones. All four were genies and the 2 normal skintoned were also werewolves. So I had 2 genies and 2 genie/werewolf hybrids. I will have to grown then up up to see their genetics.

Both parents had the fertility reward.  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 8431
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »
I recently crossed a genie and a werewolf. I got quads! 2 were blue and 2 were normal skintones. All four were genies and the 2 normal skintoned were also werewolves. So I had 2 genies and 2 genie/werewolf hybrids. I will have to grown then up up to see their genetics.

Both parents had the fertility reward.  ;D

I heard that's only possible with a twallan mod.  Do you use mods?
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline RavenKay

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 139
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »
Just the hybrid mod for this game. I wanted to see the different types of hybrids I could get. Of course my sim had to fall in love with the genie, so they will live happily ever after.  :D

For my legacy games, I take the NRaas folder out and play "legal".  ;D

Offline kimdacutie

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Hello Simmers!
Supernatural Offspring - A Question!
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 08:03:30 PM »
I am using the story progression mod and when my vampire married into the van gould family, his father in law had married and had a kid with a fairy due to the story progression...that kid how ever has a red box (not the purple glow that usual vampires have) and fairy wings...is this colour box due to the mod or does the base game have this happen as well? What does that mean the child has both powers? I am a little confused thanks!

Offline LivvieLove

  • Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 2372
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Supernatural Offspring - A Question!
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 11:03:33 PM »
Red Box, eh? Vampires naturally have the red glow around their portraits but it sounds to me like you ended up with a hybrid. They are sort-of "glitches" in the game that many would rather call "Easter Eggs" (Easter Eggs meaning they are more of an interesting and welcome find rather than an unwelcome glitch). Vampirism seems to be the only one that (without Twallans Hybrid mod) can cause this to happen. I've seen it happen with Vampires and Witches... it just simply means your Sims child will have both the abilities of a Vampire and a Fairy! How lucky!

Edited to explain further: Hybrids are not meant to naturally occur but they do occasionally based on the way Vampires were coded for Late Night (best guess) as to the degree of Vampirism a sim could have. Twallans Hybrid Mod only accesses this ability and glitch and makes it more feasible to make hybrids out of any set of supernaturals. Hope that helps clarify that the mod isn't what caused it but there is a mod that can create hybrids.

Offline kimdacutie

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Hello Simmers!
Re: Supernatural Offspring - A Question!
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »
Red Box, eh? Vampires naturally have the red glow around their portraits but it sounds to me like you ended up with a hybrid. They are sort-of "glitches" in the game that many would rather call "Easter Eggs" (Easter Eggs meaning they are more of an interesting and welcome find rather than an unwelcome glitch). Vampirism seems to be the only one that (without Twallans Hybrid mod) can cause this to happen. I've seen it happen with Vampires and Witches... it just simply means your Sims child will have both the abilities of a Vampire and a Fairy! How lucky!

Edited to explain further: Hybrids are not meant to naturally occur but they do occasionally based on the way Vampires were coded for Late Night (best guess) as to the degree of Vampirism a sim could have. Twallans Hybrid Mod only accesses this ability and glitch and makes it more feasible to make hybrids out of any set of supernaturals. Hope that helps clarify that the mod isn't what caused it but there is a mod that can create hybrids.

Thanks so much for this explanation...I do know of that MOD but in this case I didn't use it and I guess the story progression made it happen. It is awesome and I wasn't complaining at all just was curious if the base-game does "mess up" on occasion and introduces neat things like that.

Thanks again for the help! Happy Simming :D

Offline Saltypaws

  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 4415
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »
You can now have quads in the game, even without mods, which I hope doesn't happen too often, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Silverwing

  • NPC
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 12:55:47 AM »
My sim (who was born a fairy) had a baby with a vampire, and their son has both the vampire and fairy hidden traits, has the vampire glow, and fairy wings, moodlets and CAS classification. He's still a toddler so I'll have to wait to see the extent of his vampiric powers. I'll try and take screenshots, but has anyone ever encountered this kind of hybrid?
Oh, and in the relationship screen, instead of a green box (fairy) or pink box (vamp) his box is red.  O.o I wish I knew more

Offline Silverwing

  • NPC
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: Supernatural Offspring - A Question!
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2012, 12:57:28 AM »
Oh my gosh, something similar happened to me and I was so confused!

Offline ladyaya

  • The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 1184
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 01:36:58 AM »
My sim (who was born a fairy) had a baby with a vampire, and their son has both the vampire and fairy hidden traits, has the vampire glow, and fairy wings, moodlets and CAS classification. He's still a toddler so I'll have to wait to see the extent of his vampiric powers. I'll try and take screenshots, but has anyone ever encountered this kind of hybrid?
Oh, and in the relationship screen, instead of a green box (fairy) or pink box (vamp) his box is red.  O.o I wish I knew more

The vampire box colour is red....
Do you have any mods installed? Because that's like the only way to have such crossed offspring.

Offline Pam

  • Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 15236
Re: Supernatural Offspring - A Question!
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 01:56:26 AM »
Werewolves also have a red ring.  Here's a picture showing both a werewolf and two vampires in my Sim's relationship panel.  Does the hybrid ring look like the one for the werewolf?



Also, we already have a topic for Supernatural Offspring, so I'm going to merge this topic with it.  If the conversations goes any further into mods, please put it on the Games Modifications board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Janna

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 1461
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 08:22:45 AM »
Okay, this has me curious.

If you have an alien/human YA and they mate with a supernatural, say fairy, can they then end up as a fairy or an alien/human or a combination (child who is both a fairy and an alien/human)? 

I know the supernatural and alien aspects are supposed to cancel out if a alien and supernatural mate, but could the human part allow the supernatural part to come about? 

Offline kimdacutie

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Hello Simmers!
Re: Supernatural Offspring - A Question!
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »
Werewolves also have a red ring.  Here's a picture showing both a werewolf and two vampires in my Sim's relationship panel.  Does the hybrid ring look like the one for the werewolf?



Also, we already have a topic for Supernatural Offspring, so I'm going to merge this topic with it.  If the conversations goes any further into mods, please put it on the Games Modifications board.

In my case the vampire is a brighter pinkish colour, warewolf a brownish colour, fairys green, witches yellow, and in my hybrid example was a dark red colour. I am using mods though in my game, and every kid my couple has had , has been a hybrid of both supernaturals due to my occult offspring number being around 80 percent chance or something or other... :P

Offline Noocherenee

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 93
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 03:55:19 AM »
One of my sims is a witch and one is a wolf.  The child was born with the ring around him saying that he's a witch as well.  However I was really trying for twins hoping to get one of each.  I had the mother witch listen to kids radio and tv but she only had one.  Has anyone has twins with a witch using the radio or the Multi birth LTW?  I was wondering if the supernaturals can even have twins.

Offline Toni

  • Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
  • ****
  • Posts: 429
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2012, 06:15:20 AM »
One of my sims is a witch and one is a wolf.  The child was born with the ring around him saying that he's a witch as well.  However I was really trying for twins hoping to get one of each.  I had the mother witch listen to kids radio and tv but she only had one.  Has anyone has twins with a witch using the radio or the Multi birth LTW?  I was wondering if the supernaturals can even have twins.

I had a witch and a werewolf get together and they had twins so I'd say they can.

Offline NearlyWitches

  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • ****
  • Posts: 362
  • Geronimo.
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 06:41:31 AM »
All the supernaturals can have children of their own kind but does that include IFs having IF nooboos?
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline Castaras

  • Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 205
  • mew mew
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »
All the supernaturals can have children of their own kind but does that include IFs having IF nooboos?

Yes. Both the children in my current legacy are IFs, and both their parents were IFs.

Offline Noocherenee

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 93
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »
I had a witch and a werewolf get together and they had twins so I'd say they can.

Did you do anything special?  Like listen to kids radio or tv or have a LTW for multi birthes or was it just random?

Offline Ricalynn

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 8431
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »
Did you do anything special?  Like listen to kids radio or tv or have a LTW for multi birthes or was it just random?

Supernaturals are just Sims with super powers.  The possibility of them having twins is the same of any Sim couple having twins.   My two Life States Dynasties had triplets each.  One couple was an IF and a witch.  The other couple was a witch and a werewolf.   It was mixed species for the witch & werewolf and all of the IF's kids were witches but her second birth resulted in an IF non witch. 

I didn't give my Sims the Fertility treatments but I did have both parents use procreation elixirs just to insure that it would be multiples. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Susinok

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 126
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »
All the supernaturals can have children of their own kind but does that include IFs having IF nooboos?

I recently had a grandson of an IF turn out to be an IF. He was only genetically 1/4 IF himself but he was designated full IF in Create a Sim when I checked on him.