Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240934 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #615 on: July 31, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »
I suppose . . . I've never SuperMaxed Nectar Making before, but I see that it requires you to make at least 200 bottles of nectar, including 15 different flavour combinations, 400 bunches of grapes, and 40 bins of fruit. It seems to me that you could very efficiently complete this, with great planning, with only the required 200 bottles of nectar. In order to complete the LTW with that and only your own made nectar, each bottle would have to be worth §250 on average. I don't know how likely that is, so I can't say for certain it would be automatic, but I will add it to the list.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #616 on: July 31, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »
I was able to fulfill Bottomless Nectar Cellar with no more than 80 bottles of nectar made by my nectar maker. Remember that nectar's value appreciates over time, which certainly helps to complete the LTW.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #617 on: July 31, 2013, 09:51:48 PM »
I average around §400 per bottle at making, so Trip is right, at the 200 bottles for the supermax, I've well and truly achieved the Bottomless Cellar requirements.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #618 on: August 03, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
I need tips from all of you on how to stop feeling bored halfway. I am bored in Gen 3 itself because all the skilling and stuff actually results in much less story telling :'(
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #619 on: August 06, 2013, 08:53:19 AM »
Hmmm.... Play it slower? Also, maybe try pacing the skilling bits: figure out how much you need to do per day or life stage to get the requirements done... And when you figure that out, let your sim goof off the rest of the time, and do things that might be more fun.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #620 on: August 20, 2013, 02:32:36 AM »
I just found out today that you can see a potential spouse's family tree once they go steady. I'd highly recommend checking any future spouse out this way along with choosing invite household to avoid any nasty surprises. At gen 6 I had my sim get married and uh oh - 3 kids and a dog that won't fit and no other adults in the household.

Don't plan on using IFs? Don't get the mail. Even if you don't put them on the ground later, they still somehow have real selves that flirt with your happily married locked safely away immortals, turning them into cheaters. They also get in the way.

Another minus for witches: love charm also turns happily married Sims into cheaters, and yes, they do randomly fire blast others and toadify them.

For a fast arstist to do good quality portraits (when you're in a pinch, like your artist dies right before you need them) use the cheap cerebralising brain enchancing machine to level them up to 10, and the expensive one to change their traits to make them artistic perfectionists. Then have them paint small pictures. Only accept brilliant/masterpiece picutres. You can usually tell as soon as the first paint is on the canvas which painting it is going to be. Learn which ones are the masterpieces and brilliant paintings. Finishing off those two skill challenges quickly will help to raise the value of their paintings and the chance of your later portrait being a masterpiece. Getting the 30 paintings to paint faster doesn't really matter until after you get that all-important portrait done. Later you can remove the perfectionist trait to make adding to their painting count faster. Give them a wish enhancing potion as soon as you move them in, and you should have 30k LTHP very quickly to get the Extra Creative LTR. Doing it this way you can have high value paintings in a day or two, ready for that last minute portrait.

In Sunset Valley, the Alvi family are actually a pretty neat score. Iqbal can do the fishing, gardening and/or cooking (depending on your founder), VJ can be your sculptor, and his little brother can paint. Any one of the 3 could do photography. There are plenty of other ways to make fast money - you don't need Aggie if you have University Life.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #621 on: August 20, 2013, 03:16:08 AM »
Not getting the mail at all, if you have Seasons, is a bad idea. It will get full of gifts and letters and bad stuff can happen. IFs do not always have real selves--that sounds like a glitch. As for witches, that depends on personality. I have two witches in the house that have never autonomously cast a spell at anyone.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #622 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:34 AM »
Hmm good point about the mail. Perhaps just never letting the toddlers have them would be enough?

Another thing to remember - field trips sometimes give skills, which can be a pain when you're trying to land opportunities for other skills.

If you have trouble with snow days reducing your kids' performance at school (or rather, not allowing them to improve it without tutoring), get the weather machine LTR thing. The night before, set the weather to sunny. If it starts snowing any time in between then, set it to sunny again, and you should be ok most of the time for school the next day.

If you care about your immortals happiness, give them the insane trait if you plan on locking them up alone, so they can talk to themselves, and the hates the outdoors trait so that they don't go stir crazy.

Don't lock all of them up together with spouses. I had gen 1 and gen 2 with gen 2's spouse in together, and gen 1 STOLE gen 2's spouse! I didn't think that it would be possible. Right up until I failed I kept getting messages about her being faithful to him, too! As well as plenty of cheating messages, which was totally weird. After he died, mother and daughter finally reconciled.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #623 on: August 20, 2013, 07:48:31 AM »
I placed the IF dolls on a community lot in my life states dynasty. I can't stand those things, but that did the trick.

I've been abusing the brain-enhancing machines quite a bit in my dynasty, especially for my painters, but I had them supermax painting just by painting small paintings and merely hoping that they were brilliant or masterpieces. Looking for masterpieces never even crossed my mind!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #624 on: October 03, 2013, 10:18:51 AM »
Double-post alert!

Keep horses and special seeds very far apart. I just failed a dynasty three generations in because my horse ate a life plant seed, which the game counts as eating a life fruit, extending her lifespan and killing my dynasty.

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #625 on: October 15, 2013, 05:10:07 AM »
Also, if you have bought one Replicator, you can clone one for 10,000 simoleons in build/buy. This isgood when your family is rich enough to not care about money!

SimBlip

« Reply #626 on: October 15, 2013, 08:19:35 AM »
Also, if you have bought one Replicator, you can clone one for 10,000 simoleons in build/buy. This isgood when your family is rich enough to not care about money!

This is a fantastic tip! It's easier to hussle up 10,000 simoleons than to raise 50,000 extra happiness points. Especially in the earlier stages of the challenge.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #627 on: October 15, 2013, 08:44:54 AM »
Oh my god, is that actually possible? And is it dynasty-legal? And if it is, then where can all the extra LTHP go towards? :P

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #628 on: October 15, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »
When you guys lock up the kitchen/fridge/stove etc - how do you feed the other sims?
- Jessica

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #629 on: October 15, 2013, 09:14:42 AM »
Simple: have a fridge that is unlocked. The fridges in a house are connected, so any leftovers that are put in one fridge are accessible from any fridge on the lot.