Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243615 times)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #735 on: July 26, 2014, 01:37:33 PM »
Hey! Thanks for the referring to my last post, but I just got the idea from Orange Iguana's attempt. You ca read his Immortal Dynasty and it gives LOADS of tips for stuff like Social Networking, the Writing Career and more!
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #736 on: August 11, 2014, 12:26:42 PM »
Properties are very easy with UV. Why?

Buy a bunch of science stations and place them on the lot you want to upgrade. Then immediately have your mortals master painting, alchemy, gardening, cooking, fishing, and all the rest.

I'm doing a speed run and we already have ambrosia and perfect portraits at week two day seven using this tip.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #737 on: August 18, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »
So I haven't read through all the thread tips yet (I'm working on it), so forgive if these already been mentioned.

1) For any of the self-employment careers where they sell stuff they've made (Sculptor, Nectar Making, Painter, etc), have them start as young as possible; then keep their stuff somewhere where it can appreciate in value.

My Nectar Maker capped out both his career and his LTW of Bottomless Nectar Cellar, only shortly after becoming a YA, because I just had all the nectar he'd been making tucked away in the nectar racks, and then I went and sold a good chunk of it.

2) A spare spouse or extra kid makes a great target for the Logic challenge to tutor skills.  Also, tutoring boosts relationships, so you can get your friend requirement that way, too.

3) For male immortals, you can wait as long as you need before bringing in their spouse.

4) If you're going to travel, -do it early-!  Otherwise it's just not really possible, because of how big the files are.

5) As a technical note, disabling memories helps with the massive file size; and (should) help keep games more stable and less glitchy.

6) Plan.  Plan more.  Have back-up plans.  Then wing it and hope. :D

7) Know what skills interact. For example, it's hard (but not impossible) to raise Martial Arts without raising Athletics.  So it's probably not a good idea to do both a Martial Arts and Athletics Supermax unless you want to keep a -very- close eye on your sims.

8) I found that having one immortal artist worked out really well.  My Gen 4 took the LTW of Renaissance Sim, and then maxed Painting, Sculpting and Photography with a supermax (and career) in painting.  It was really nice to not have to worry about skilling up yet another mortal to get the non-melting ice sculptures.

9) Mixology is a possible supermax . . . but the skill opportunities are very rare, and there's no associated career.   I did Mixology and Stylist in my first Dynasty attempt, and that worked out ok (She also became the immortal painter for the Dynasty, and most of her opportunities came from the painting skill). 

If you're going to go for mixology, remember that while teens can practice the skill, they can't order drinks (to learn other drinks) until they are YA. 

They can, however, make drinks to get the challenge of making 500 drinks done, or at least started, before YA, provided you put a bar in at their home.

Also, the various drinks are actually wonderful boosts, the one I liked the most and always had glasses of laying around was the drink that boosts skill learning speed.   You can start the skill at teen, but most of the other things you can't do until YA.

You will also have to micromanage them at some of the bars to get the skill challenges done.  And, because a lot of the bars in Bridgeport have a celebrity star requirement, you'll have to make them somewhat of a celebrity, or be able to bribe your way into the bar.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #738 on: August 18, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »
I don't think that teens can moonlight at bars either. I think Mixology and Inventing are the only skills that don't allow teens to do certain actions (for inventing, teens can't detonate).

I noticed how quickly my mixologist loved to drop any interactions to moonlight at a bar. I wasn't in Bridgeport nor did I have any bars with celebrity requirements, nor was my sim absent-minded or anything. The action just had difficulty staying in her queue. Oh well. She got what she needed done before time ran out.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #739 on: August 30, 2014, 01:00:32 AM »
Considering I just completed: Here are some tips.

1. Have generation 6 be a girl so you don't have the panic when your wife is too old. This is very important if you are doing a speed run or anything like that.

2. To add on to Trip's townie posts: I had the brother of generation 2 do all the pollination, but enough townies became supernaturals that I never even had to use those kids. Fairies are brilliant and townies turn fast in sunset valley.

3. Ghosts are great for fathering generation 8.

4. Swimming in Cash founders who are ambitious: I love them. Use them. Moodlet managers can come out as early as day 2.

5. You can have a decent amount of helpers at the beginning. Don't start worrying until you have seven in the home.

6. In terms of skills: Sculpting comes first. Moodlet managers are your friend for ice personality. It took me 10 days exactly to have Gobias Koffi work on it. Painting is second. Brain enhancing machines are great for that skill. Then comes gardening. Photography, Cooking, and Fishing are honestly not that important for a while, and as long as you get a camera fast photography goes by quickly.

7. Fishing career is next to impossible. Some other hard ones: fortune teller and sports.

8. Cloning is your close friend. Clone those life fruit and death fish.

9. Lock your immortals away. Give them a food synthesizer, a sleep-slave, the cheapest computer, and an all-in-one bathroom. It's easy! I never use fridges anymore. If you don't have ITF use the quick fridge instead. The fridges just get so annoying.

10. As an extension of that... Have one art studio with easels and sculpting stations. As soon as your sims age up, quickly start the portraits, then let the heir work on something useful.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #740 on: August 30, 2014, 12:14:18 PM »
Fishing career isn't impossible at all. In fact, it's rather easy after you stock a pond with deathfish, those things go for 300-700 a pop when you consign them. I had a werewolf in the Life States Dynasty get to level ten in about five weeks, which is more than enough time for an Immortal, especially if they start as teens.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #741 on: August 30, 2014, 01:32:29 PM »
Whoa... I've always has trouble with that career. Never mind then!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #742 on: August 30, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »
You catch more deathfish by fishing at the deathfish spawners, so if you can, fish from there at night, but fish at home during the day for pond-stocked deathfish.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #743 on: August 30, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »
@Lisa: Fridges are annoying, but you can't store meals in the mini-fridge that comes with University Life, and meals became a huge source of positive moodlets in my dynasty. It comes down to what you value more. I love me some nice moodlets. :P

The rest of your tips are great.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #744 on: August 31, 2014, 12:46:47 AM »
I always just let my sims do whatever. Positive Moodlets aren't necessary for speed runs. Which my immortal dynasty was one of.  :)

Curveball

« Reply #745 on: September 18, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »
Has anyone ever encountered the nectar-making machine in the regular consignment store? I could have sworn I saw it in one of my earlier games but I tested it out just now and with two full days of buying it out again and again I got 7 time machines, 3 heart-shaped pink diamonds, but no nectar-maker... Did I just dream it earlier?  :( It would save a lot of time and savefile size to not have to travel to France for it...

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #746 on: September 18, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »
No, I haven't, but you can place nectar registries on purchased lots. They are found in community objects.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #747 on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:28 PM »
Alternatively, if you haven't started yet (or are starting a fresh file), you can use the Edit Town rules to add a Nectary to your town.

But adding the nectar register is probably quicker and less painful :)

Curveball

« Reply #748 on: September 18, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
Oooh thanks. I completely forgot the nectary is a separate register; I thought it was a general store thing, and those are location-specific as far as I know...

I'm planning to do a file that's all about efficiency and not traveling at all to reduce bloat, and placing a 64x64 nectary in the world that's only going to be used once for the equipment seemed... inefficient :D So yay!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #749 on: September 18, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
As a warning, you can't get the French grapes at the register if it's not in France. That much is location-specific, and necessary for supermaxing Nectar Making (Vizard of Vine requires French grapes).

anything