Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240923 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »
The equestrian centre does get autoplaced, however it is on the Dynasty lot, 15 Summerhill Cout. You're going to have to remove it to play a dynasty in Sunset Valley.

And if I remember right, the equestrian center is placed on the dynasty lot in Twinbrook, too.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »
It is, every single time. I often end up removing it altogether. Space is kind of at a premium in Twinbrook, and since riding is not a planned supermax for any of my sims, I don't need it. Though I might reconsider, since I haven't restarted yet.

If you're considering doing a dynasty in Twinbrook, think about how a mere 40x40 lot will service your immortals. If you're not comfortable with not having an inch of extra space, you might want to book it to another town. It's still perfectly doable to complete a dynasty in Twinbrook with the limited space, but I had to have most of the house on columns so I could fit a garden on the lot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:48 PM »
It is, every single time. I often end up removing it altogether. Space is kind of at a premium in Twinbrook, and since riding is not a planned supermax for any of my sims, I don't need it. Though I might reconsider, since I haven't restarted yet.

If you're considering doing a dynasty in Twinbrook, think about how a mere 40x40 lot will service your immortals. If you're not comfortable with not having an inch of extra space, you might want to book it to another town. It's still perfectly doable to complete a dynasty in Twinbrook with the limited space, but I had to have most of the house on columns so I could fit a garden on the lot.

Of course you could have a lot of pots now  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »
True. A greenhouse would be magnificent for keeping out those pesky zombies, too.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
I put up a fence around my garden with either
1 the only access to it being from my house; or
2 a gate to it able to be opened only by my household.

No zombies have ever gotten into my garden. They stand along the outside of the fence complaining they can't get to the garden (I guess that the zombies need their greens) but apart from that, they don't bother me.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2012, 05:29:05 PM »
I think that the Legendary Host LTR is one of the best investments any heir can get (save for the moodlet manager, which power is almost god like).

Not only will it let you make loads of best friends with very little effort (honestly, the one throwing the party doesn't even have to be on the lot for it to be epic) but it will make those invited show up - regardless if they should be working (consignment store clerk/proprietor) or have personality issues (read loner trait).

I recently used it to great effect when trying to get chess opponents to come over. They were always to busy - unless I was holding a party. Then they showed up straight away! Helped me get those games over and done with.

Legendary Host is also very affordable, costing only 5,000 points. So, even a child can save enough points to get it, and have great slumber parties.

It's always one of my three first LTRs, the others being observant and meditative trance sleep.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »
I know, those 3 rewards along with a couple of others are always on my availble for all Immortals list, since they are useful for all of them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
All of mine get steel bladder, hardly hungry and meditative trance sleep. I used to give my founder the Discount Diner LTR and send him/her off to the diner/bistro to eat for free, but I tend to no longer do that. Founder now usually gets No Bills Ever as one of his three unique LTRs. The others depend on Founder's Career ... if sculptor/painter Founder, also gets the Suave Seller LTR. Hmmm ... my current founder is trying to be a 1 man band (yeah, I'm mad) and I might try out "Fast Learner" on him.

If I ever manage to get through the first couple of immortals without messing up, immortal 7 or 8 will be getting fertility treatment ... because by that time, immortal 7 can't have any more than 1 baby, anyway. :)

Anyway, work calls.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »
If you want to get Fertility Treatment sooner, you can also purchase it for your heir after they've given birth. That's what I did with Constance.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2012, 08:04:27 PM »
I prefer to give No bills ever to a mortal since honestly at later generations money issues will be pretty much nonexistent and the millions my dynasties gather by just advancing their career usually just sits there, after all most of the building and purchasing new items are mostly done my generation 3 for me. Both of the Schreier dynasties has bills worth about 4k and almost 7k but with almost 7 million and 3 million in cash I don't think money will ever be an issue.

I wish EA could make it so that you could send people simoleons through the gifting system, I'd be very willing to give donations if they do  :P

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
I prefer to give No bills ever to a mortal since honestly at later generations money issues will be pretty much nonexistent and the millions my dynasties gather by just advancing their career usually just sits there, after all most of the building and purchasing new items are mostly done my generation 3 for me. Both of the Schreier dynasties has bills worth about 4k and almost 7k but with almost 7 million and 3 million in cash I don't think money will ever be an issue.

I wish EA could make it so that you could send people simoleons through the gifting system, I'd be very willing to give donations if they do  :P

Technically you can through the random gifting option, but it's random and doesn't take any off of your own sim's simoleons, and people could totally cheat the whole purpose of the building from the ground up in an immortal/life states dynasty.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2012, 08:13:32 PM »

Can always buy tons of Elixirs and gift them to people  ::)

Fausta Legacy

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
Can always buy tons of Elixirs and gift them to people  ::)

I wouldn't mind that.  ;D

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2012, 08:16:45 PM »
I wouldn't mind that.  ;D

My Founder was an Alchemist and he pretty much has nothing to do but make elixirs to gift, I stopped when I realized that Gen 2 (A baby) had over 20k LTHP.

I only ave like twelve on my friends list so a bunch of gifts were sent out to a few people

Fausta Legacy

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2012, 09:07:05 PM »
My Founder was an Alchemist and he pretty much has nothing to do but make elixirs to gift, I stopped when I realized that Gen 2 (A baby) had over 20k LTHP.

I only ave like twelve on my friends list so a bunch of gifts were sent out to a few people

Are you Wiry on TS3 as well? I can search you up and add you to my friends list, i'm always looking for more.  ;D