Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233590 times)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 64 - We're Back!" (two-parter)
« Reply #525 on: November 17, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »
Yay! They're back! I really enjoyed this chapter!

R.I.P Omar!  :'(

That's a lot of kids! This was a really good idea Ausette!

Out of the two girls you've introduced, I think I like Sheena better. I like the Grisby family and their ears, your ear joke made me laugh so hard!  ;D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #526 on: November 17, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »
Yay, you're back! I've missed the Joneses. Although congrats on the new boyfriend, I know how that can keep you away from simming. :P Going back to the boys, I think Travis is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see what they look like as they get older.

Thanks, Sunshine :). The boys are both teens in my game right now and I also think Travis is the better-looking one (although Preston is very cute in his own way).

Welcome back!  I've been missing the Jones madness.

Thanks Hazelnut, it's good to be back. :)

Welcome back to the Joneses! They are entertaining as always. Congrats on the boyfriend. I seem to have found one of those as well ;) They do cut into simming time, don't they?

Thanks Jude, and congratulations to you as well! I'm rapidly learning exactly how much Simming time they cut into. ;)

I frightened my brother because of how hard I was laughing at the bunny bit. Deaths in this would be a lot sadder if your Sims would just handle it in a little less baffling of a manner. Still, bye Omar!

Lol, glad to hear I made you laugh Hallucination! I almost cut the bunny part out because I thought it would be too confusing. I'm glad I didn't. :)

Hehe...significant others have an interesting penchant for taking away spare simming time. :P It's good to see you and the Joneses back!

You sound like a person with experience in that ;). And yeah, I'm happy to have the Joneses back as well!

That shot of all the kids outside the school makes me realize that I need to step up my pollinating game!

Glad to see the family back in action, but boyfriends indeed have a way of putting a dent into simming time. :P

To be fair I'm not pollinating the town under Dynasty restrictions, so I'd say you've got me beat :). And yeah, I really didn't realise exactly HOW time-consuming having a boyfriend is. Especially since we live at the same university. :P

Yay! They're back! I really enjoyed this chapter!

R.I.P Omar!  :'(

That's a lot of kids! This was a really good idea Ausette!

Out of the two girls you've introduced, I think I like Sheena better. I like the Grisby family and their ears, your ear joke made me laugh so hard!  ;D

Thanks Corey, I'm glad you liked the chapter (and my pollination scheme) :). Lol, Keisha's not very likable, is she. I really like Sheena too, but the point of pollinating the town was to give the boys loads of spouse options, so if neither of them get along with her I'm not going to force her into the family.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #527 on: November 20, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
I loved what you did to Riverview, it's a really clever idea, and it's very funny to read about it, too. I just caught up and I love it, your jokes are hillarious! I'm happy that your boyfriend takes lot of your time, but don't forget the Jones, I'm seriously attached now.
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #528 on: November 21, 2013, 02:20:02 AM »
I loved what you did to Riverview, it's a really clever idea, and it's very funny to read about it, too. I just caught up and I love it, your jokes are hillarious! I'm happy that your boyfriend takes lot of your time, but don't forget the Jones, I'm seriously attached now.

Thanks butterfly, I'm glad you're enjoying the story! Sorry for getting you hooked, lol. My life's getting more and more busy right now but I'm quite keen to keep the story going if I can. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, Merry Christmas!
« Reply #530 on: December 23, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »

~ Merry Christmas, 2013 ~   
Love, Ausette and the Joneses

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #531 on: December 23, 2013, 08:48:03 PM »
And a Merry Christmas to you too!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #532 on: December 23, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »
Nice pic. :) Merry Christmas to you as well!

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #533 on: December 23, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »
Very good picture! I love Curtis' face.  :P

Merry Christmas to you too!  ;D

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #536 on: December 24, 2013, 10:14:33 AM »
Merry Christmas  everyone !

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 65 - Girl Trouble" (two-parter)
« Reply #537 on: January 27, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »
And a Happy New Year to you all.  :)

Chapter 65 – Girl Trouble

Ah, they grow up so fast. The boys build one last set of carpet castles and before we know it it’s time for another birthday party.

“My darling Stella, I believe my hat is inducing laughter. May I take it off for once?”
NO.

Oh yeah, Keisha grew up the other night by the way. Is anyone surprised that she turned out to be the pointing-and-laughing type? Just think of the fun she’ll have when we actually bring out the birthday cakes!

…After we clear the gnomes off the cake table, of course. Oooh, this will be a fun one! I had to cut back the guest list a bit, but all the important Sims are here. It’s mostly girls from school for the boys to check out, plus Curtis and Valentine. Man, won’t it be nice to see those two again!

Oh God, NO!

Valentine! What happened to your hair? Is it a midlife crisis thing? Did you cut it off? How could you?!”
“Um, hi. Do I know you?”
“Do YOU know you? You’re Valentine Jones! Valentine Jones has to have awesome hair and YOU should be ashamed of yourself!”

Oh, he totally should be. Good job, Keisha. To think I spent fifty Simpoints on that ‘fro!

Meanwhile Alfred Lobos (the one teenage boy who turned up) has snuck off to the treadmill before saying hi. I don’t think it’s escaped his notice that he’s surrounded by gorgeous girls.

Oh, they really are lovely, aren’t they? From left to right, not counting family and Alfred, we have Kelley Jones (yes, that’s her name), Keisha Simovich, Cora Crosby, Sheena Grisby, Krista Shelly, and Cynthia Lin. This is what’s waiting for you, boys! Hurry up and join the fun…

…Oh, dear. I’m not sure who to criticise more, Bean for his timing or Curtis for deciding that this is the perfect moment to get undressed and play in the sprinkler. Oh who am I kidding; I pick Curtis. Boo Curtis!

Happy birthday dear Travis, happy birthday to me! Gee guys, why so scared? I’m sure my acne won’t be that bad!”

Well, at least the cued actions mean no one will start feeling sad until they’ve got a big slab of cake to distract them. Yay?

Jan Bean slipped out between celebrations before anyone noticed a thing, a fitting end for a Sim whose love for a good party was surpassed only by his devotion to his loved ones. May his afterlife be nothing but parties and cocktails with his beloved mentor Hope. Rest in Peace.

And to add to the tragedy, death simultaneously takes Gnorman the gnome from us. He will be missed by all, especially by his son Gnicolas there. Or maybe Gnic is just having an emo phase, it's hard to tell.

Poor Stella. At least her favourite Insane great-nephew is there to comfort her, even as he and the rest of the family are busy doing their own mourning.

Oh, and you may have noticed that the twins have gotten makeovers. I stuck some dressers in the kitchen to get them cute for the ladies as fast as possible. Preston (left) gains the Ambitious trait, so I give him an industrious nerdy look. Travis becomes Shy, which somehow makes him even more perfect. He’s quirky and introverted, just like me! Swoon!

Oh darn it Bean, you’ve scared off all the girls! They’re all going home now because of you! At least Sheena throws what looks like a regretful glance at Travis on her way out. Or perhaps she’s just hoping to get a glimpse of him halfway through getting changed.

Keisha, on the other hand…

“Bye Keisha! I hope you come by for another visit soon!”
“But like, all these old men keep dying near me when I visit? Old man smell is SO not in fashion. Ugh.”

Despite appearances, Keisha is still Travis’s BFF (thank you, Potent Friendship Elixir). So yeah, she’ll be back.

After a few minutes helplessly watching the potential spouses streaming out of the house, I go to delete the now useless dressers only to find Mandy standing her ground.

“You’re not planning on selling this, are you? I know, I know, it’s awkward here, but I think I kind of like being able to check myself out from the kitchen. A Technophobe has to have fun somehow.”

Sorry, Mandy. Move aside now. Can't you just find someone nearby to talk to?

Oh, hey there! Not all the girls seem to have left after all. Cynthia Lin, a Slobby Couch Potato, hangs around for another slice of cake.

She’s not the prettiest girl of the bunch and neither twin thinks of her romantically, but she and Preston get along so well that I’m happy to let her hang around the house. In the meantime, we’ve got the school dance in four days, so it’s time to get the boys out looking for dates!

…Yeah, probably shouldn’t have started with Keisha. Oh well, worth a try.

Aww, Preston, don’t look at me like that! I haven’t seen a Sim with such a naturally vulnerable face since, oh, his father!

Travis tries a bit longer, but to no avail.

“And don’t you dare try to put any moves on me either! Just because we’re technically friends now doesn’t mean I have to like you!”

While Travis is desperately trying to get along with Keisha, Preston sneaks back home again to play video games with Cynthia. Aww, there may not be any attraction between them but these two are very cute together as friends.

“Bah, happiness! Do the fools do not know the fleeting nature of the feelings that enslave them?”

Uh, wow Stella. That’s quite a glare you’ve got going. Maybe you should go and sit down…?

“Like so?”

Aaargh! OK, OK, deal with you grief however you like as long as it doesn’t involve graphical glitches with ominous lighting. Ideally I’d want my game to hold up long enough to get a partner for one of the boys.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #538 on: January 27, 2014, 09:14:30 PM »

OK, round two. Next up is Sheena Grisby again, because I like her a lot despite her home’s abysmal lighting. Maybe she’ll get along with Travis?

…Or maybe not.

“What do you mean my new hairstyle looks pretty? Is it because it covers my ears?
“No, that’s not what I meant at all! Preston, help me out!”
“Can’t talk. Gaming.”

It looks like Preston bonds mostly through TV and video games. I see why he gets along with Cynthia so well.

Preston tries to talk to Sheena and seems to really like her, but she completely shoots down all his autonomous attempts to flirt with her. And so goes the story with all the other girls the twins visit that day; there’s either no chemistry between them or the girls are downright antagonistic towards their advances.

I’m almost about to give up when it happens. At sunset, Travis meets her. And I’m not even joking, it’s pretty much love at first sight.

Oh my goodness, look at her! She’s gorgeous, she can dress herself, she has a compatible star sign with Travis, and she immediately starts flirting with Travis and him with her.

“Hey there, handsome. I’m Angelia Newbie, but you can call me Angel. Say, I notice you’ve chosen to wear your sports gear tonight. You’re not Insane by any chance, are you?”
“Uh, n-n-no! I, uh, just really love exercise. And nature. And you. I mean–!”
“Shhh, it’s OK. I’m crazy too. Crazy about you, that is.”

Oh, and she’s Insane. Seriously, if Travis is the hypothetically perfect heir, Angelia is the hypothetically perfect spouse. She’s beautiful. They’re beautiful. It’s not my style for Sims to kiss on their first meeting but gosh these two are pushing it. Hmm, I think I’ll let them get to know each other and then Travis can make a date to ask her to the prom with him tomorrow.

But before I can plan anything, I get completely knocked off my guard by THIS. Wow, way to send mixed signals Keisha. I’m genuinely thrown for a loop here, but I decide to turn Keisha down for now. Instead, we’ll forgo Travis and Angelia’s date and let him make his own choice once he gets to the prom itself.

The stage is set. Now let’s all cross our fingers and pray that this doesn’t backfire.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #539 on: January 27, 2014, 09:26:14 PM »
The Joneses live! :D

B--but Valentine! You need your awesome 'fro! <whimpers>

WOW, I really hope it winds up working out with Travis and Angelia. She is simply gorgeous!