Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261386 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 92: A secret love
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
It's nice that Elise and Simon get on so well.
I wasn't too sure about her trust in Simon. Then again, now I'm not sure of her trust in Gregory either.
Can't wait to see the plot unfold! :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 93: Elise's dilemma
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2012, 03:52:33 AM »
Simon went to prom alone. He didn't ask any of the girls in his grade for a date, he says he's not interested in little girls. Crazy right? It's not like he's an old man himself.

I went to the warehouse to deliver a sculpture and complete one of my opportunities.

Later that week mom had another party (she says she has to keep herself occupied now that she's an elder). I invited Gregory, and he agreed to attend, but only as any other guest. He would barely talk to me at all, but I saw Simon corner him and have a talk.

Simon: I know what you've been hiding from Elise, are you going to tell her of should I?
Gregory: Please, like I'm going to a puny little guy like you scare me!
Simon: You come clean with her!
Gregory: Oh, really? What are you going to do short stuff?

Simon: *slap* Take that liar!

Gregory: You made a big mistake boy. When I move in, I'll make sure Elise throws you out on the street!
Simon: Oh, you're going to move in here are you? What are your other girlfriends going to think about that?
Gregory: Think? What they don't know about wont hurt them. I'm warning you, don't get in my way boy, Elise loves me, and if she wants to be with me, you can't stop her.
Simon: We'll see about that.

Ever since the party Simon hasn't talked to me at all. But he's been spending more time with grandma S, even letting her train him on the treadmill. With mixed results I must add.

Mom has taken up gardening. She says it makes her feel closer to her father, and it also gives her a hobby, which is good because she is not good with idleness. It leads to brooding, which leads to her being miserable, and that leads to dad being miserable too. So, a hobby is a very good idea.

After three days of Simon avoiding me I'd had enough. Ever since we'd become friends we talked about everything, so this avoidance was making me worried. Had something happened? Why was he avoiding me?

Elise: Simon, what is going on? Why have you been avoiding me since the party?
Simon: I've been trying to figure out how to tell you some things...
Elise: What things?
Simon: Remember when I told you I'd heard some things about Gregory?
Elise: Yes, I remember.
Simon: Well, hrm, turns out he has at least two other girlfriends here in Sunset Valley.

Elise: I don't believe that! Gregory would never do that to me, he loves me.
Simon: But it's true, Blaine Larsen told me his sister is dating a Gregory but it's all supposed to be a big secret, and Cheri Kareem told me her sister invited Gregory over to their house for family dinner to introduce him as her future fiance, but that was also supposed to be a big secret.
Elise: That's just gossip! You don't know if it's true or not, maybe you're just making it up because you don't like him. I say you two arguing at the party!

Simon: That's not true! One of the things your grandfather taught me before he passed away was that I had to help protect this family. That's all I've been trying to do, protect you from getting hurt by Gregory.
Elise: I don't need you to protect me. I know the family thinks I live in my own world, but I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself!

Simon: Please don't be mad at me Elise! I just wanted to help you.
Elise: I don't want you to run around gossiping and telling me half truths, thinking you're helping me. I'll talk to Gregory myself to sort this whole thing out, I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.
Simon: Please, tell me you're not mad at me and we're still friends.
Elise: Of course we're still friends, I don't hold grudges, you should know that by now. But don't do it again, OK?
Simon: I promise.

No matter what I said to Simon, what he had told me made me question whether or not Gregory really had been truthful to me. His instance on us keeping our relationship a secret now seemed suspicious, and I was more determined than ever to confront him about what I had learnt.

A lot of people think I'm vague and easily distracted, that's not true. I just need more time than most people to mull things over. And that's exactly what I decided to do. I went and made myself a nice ice cream, and ate when considering my options. I did love Gregory, I had always pictured us sharing our life together. But, if he's been lying to me? Was that something I could forgive?

This could only be solved with more ice cream. Good thing I had an ice cream maker at my disposal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 93: Elise's dilemma
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01:08 AM »
How lucky Elise is to have someone like Simon around.

How are Simon and Elise related? Cousins?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2012, 04:02:39 AM »
Simon is the grandchild of Sylvester Crumplebottom, Elise is the granddaughter of Rikard, Sylvester's brother. So they are 1 step further away than cousins (don't know what that's called in English).

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2012, 05:43:10 AM »
Simon is the grandchild of Sylvester Crumplebottom, Elise is the granddaughter of Rikard, Sylvester's brother. So they are 1 step further away than cousins (don't know what that's called in English).

I think that makes them "second cousins".

Simon turned out really cute! He looks very dashing in his prom outfit.  :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2012, 06:05:50 AM »
Thanks Ausette!

I agree with Simon, I think he gives of kind of a James Bond feeling in this picture, maybe it has something to do with the MultiTab he's listening to?

Second cousins, I'll have to try to remember that. In Sweden they'd be called "bryllingar"=cousins children related on the paternal line or "tremänningar"= children of cousins, more colloquial.

SimBlip

« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2012, 07:53:27 AM »
I could not be happier to be so wrong about Simon. Evil or not, he is protecting his family!
(And more... going to the prom alone, because he's not interested in little girls.)
The picture with the 'knight in shining armour' bubble is so appropriate! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2012, 10:34:28 AM »
Just found this story a couple of days ago and spent those days getting caught up to speed. Wonderful writing and I love how each Sim has their own personality. The pictures are great too. I liked the last one where Elise is solving her problems with ice cream. Now that's my kind of girl!

Cannot wait for the next update!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2012, 10:43:46 AM »
Thanks Ausette!

I agree with Simon, I think he gives of kind of a James Bond feeling in this picture, maybe it has something to do with the MultiTab he's listening to?

Second cousins, I'll have to try to remember that. In Sweden they'd be called "bryllingar"=cousins children related on the paternal line or "tremänningar"= children of cousins, more colloquial.

You're welcome! I never would have guessed English wasn't your first language. You write so beautifully.  :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
The picture with the 'knight in shining armour' bubble is so appropriate! :)

I was so happy I remembered to snap a picture of that. It really helped convey his point of view.

Just found this story a couple of days ago and spent those days getting caught up to speed. Wonderful writing and I love how each Sim has their own personality. The pictures are great too. I liked the last one where Elise is solving her problems with ice cream. Now that's my kind of girl!

Thank's so much! Really, when it comes to solving problems, who would choose to do it without ice cream? Not anyone I know anyway.

And thanks for the compliment Ausette. I guess I should be pretty good, considering I'm studying to be an ESL teacher (English as a Second Language), but sometimes it's difficult to find the correct words. Especially when I write dialog, it often feels to contrived, but I guess it's because I know what I really want them to say, and the difference only comes across to my eyes. Maybe not having English as my first language makes me extra careful with how I express myself?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2012, 03:53:15 AM »
Gah! I had the next update written down and then my computer decided to shut down on me. Now I have to start all over again. How frustrating!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2012, 04:37:31 AM »
Gah! I had the next update written down and then my computer decided to shut down on me. Now I have to start all over again. How frustrating!

Three things

1 I'm glad that I'm not the only one to whom that happens.

2 Isn't it annoying when that happens.

3 I've learned to type my posts into either a word processor or a text editor (complete with links to the pictures etc in it) and copy it across from there, so that I've got a back up to it. It has taken me many many years of time on the internet before I learned to do that, but I now rarely lose things through internet issues and the like.

Dek

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 94: Confrontation
« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2012, 07:20:59 AM »
The more I thought about what Simon had told me, the more unsure of Gregory I became. No amount of ice cream in the world was going to solve this for me, I had to confront him. I called him up and asked him to meet me at the Consignment Shop, not very original I know, but if what Simon had told me was true, I didn't want him to know I knew before we met. It was all a little confusing.

As soon as I saw Gregory all my confusion and worry turned into anger, and instead of having a rational conversation, I just blurted out accusations. It wasn't pretty.

Elise: You've been lying to me! I know you have other "girl friends"
Gregory: What? No! Has Simon put you up to this? Of course not! You...
Elise: So it's true.
Gregory: I...I...Simon is lying!
Elise: If that is all you can come up with, I think we both know I wont believe you.

Gregory: Come one Elise, so what if I haven't been completely truthful? I can change. You make me want to change. Being with you makes me want to be a better man.
Elise: You know, I might have fallen for that before, but now when the wool has fallen from my eyes I see you for what you really are, a monster in bear's clothing.
Gregory: Don't you mean a wolf in sheep's clothing?
Elise: Really? That's what you choose to focus in in this discussion. How could you think I wouldn't find out?
Gregory: You wouldn't have found out, if it weren't for that interfering little brat you call cousin, you never leave the house! I could have had 10 wives by now and you'd still be oblivious.
Elise: You're married?
Gregory: Me, married? No way, when I marry it will be to some sweet rich girl, and your family might have money, but you're not classy enough for me.
Elise: You ugly vain diva! Don't talk about my family like that!

*slap*
Gregory: No one calls me ugly and get's away with it! And for your information, being a diva is not an insult, it's a compliment of the highest order.

Gregory: You know what, I only asked you to be my girlfriend out of the kindness of my heart, because no one else would. And is it any wonder? All you talk about is sculpting and painting. And just so you know, I hate art! I'm glad I had to spend so little time listening to you, because you bore me to tears. We're through!

Elise: You're breaking up with me? I'm breaking up with you too! It's not like I enjoyed listening to you rambling on and on about how wonderful you are all the time. I pity the girl who ends up with you, she obviously could do better. Now get out of my sight, I have business to conduct, and you are wasting my time.

Like I said, it wasn't pretty at all. And no matter how tough I might have sounded in the heat of the moment, I was devestated. I really had thought Gregory was the one for me. Maybe there was some truth in his words, I wasn't very outgoing, and my only real interest was art, but that didn't mean I had to settle for someone like him, did it?

To add insult to injury, Gregory went straight into the Consignment Store and started to flirt with the woman managing the register, I wanted to tell her to watch out, but I could see he already had her under his spell.

All I could do was stand there and wait while Gregory made his moves in her. I felt nauseous, by the time she turned to me. And to think that I was ready to marry that slime, I don't know who I was angrier at right then, Gregory for being the slimy sim he was, or me for falling for it.

I was so wound up and besieged with conflicting emotions that by the time I got home I was ready to burst. The first person I saw walking in the door was Simon.

Simon: Hey, how are you doing?
Elise: HOW DO YOU THINK I'M DOING?
Simon: Whoa, calm down will you. What's wrong?

Elise *crying*: Gregory broke up with me! Everything you told me was true and he's been lying to me all this time, and he said such awful things about all of you, and me, and I said horrible things to him too, and then he slapped me, and he flirted with the girl at the register, and I loved him so very, very much and now I don't know what I'll do.

Simon: I'm so sorry. Come here. You'll get through this, I promise.
Elise: I just want to die right now, it hurts so much.
Simon: Don't you dare die and leave me with these crazy ladies all by myself!
Elise: You wouldn't be all by yourself, dad is here too.
Simon: All the same, don't die, or I'll tell them all about Gregory and then send them after you to the afterlife.
Elise: Anything but that. But I promise, I won't die, as long as you promise not to tell anyone else.
Simon: I promise, and I'll help you get through this, we'll do it together.

So, that's that chapter of my life over. At the end of the day I was still heart broken, but not to the point where I felt my life was over. Simon had managed to calm me down, and the family still hadn't found out what a fool I'd almost made of myself. They might have suspected something was up, but they didn't know - and to my mind that was a victory in itself. Having a private life in this family is difficult because my relatives don't really understand the word private, maybe it has to do something with eating ambrosia?

In completely unrelated news, my dad is in love. Not with mom (which you already knew he was) but with out new laundry room. Grandma K had it installed especially for dad as a thank you for his work with the sculptures. He spends hours upon hours in there, enjoying the neatness of keeping the house tidy.

But that doesn't mean he is neglecting his old love (don't let her hear you call her that dad!). They spend their evenings out in the front yard, like grandma K and grandma S did when their husbands were alive. They really are very sweet.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 95: Sneaky Simon
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »
Today Simon was up super early and had his birthday before any of us were out of bed yet!

Warned by some 6th sense we all threw ourselves out of bed and barely got out the door in time to see the sparkles.

He turned out pretty well. I never realized he was that good looking before *fans herself*, and I'm certainly not looking now (all right, but just a little).

He gained the night owl trait to add to his evil, genius, loves the outdoors and perceptive trait. He decided he wanted to become a Visionary like his great grandfather Sylvester.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 95: Sneaky Simon
« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
Simon is soo handsome *swoons*

anything