Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 123851 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 147: Wedding night mishap
« Reply #376 on: October 25, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »
Awwe, it's 60 more simpoints than I own at the moment.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »
Ain't that always the way it is?

Yep...Have you met Ciaran yet?  :P

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: October 25, 2012, 09:13:22 PM »
I am very much a fan of that hair. :)

Very sweet, sweet set of updates. They are an adorable couple!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 148: Married life
« Reply #380 on: October 26, 2012, 07:32:23 AM »
I was so happy Stuart was on board with the dynasty. I'm going to need all the encouragement I need when working towards my requirements.

I had an opportunity to bring Excellent Veggeis to the grocery store, one op down!

I also applied for a job as a CEO at the business building. Money, me and power suits - you do the math. But I was told I'd have to work my way up the corporate ladder. I should just buy the building and fire the person handling applications, I don't understand how they can keep their job when they don't spot talent when they see it!

Grandma K wouldn't allow me to do that though, according to her I need to "learn how to handle living in the real world for a change". So, I'm some kind of errand girl (not for long!).

Stuart spent all day at the theater, he took lessons in all musical instruments and started working as a stage hand. Apparently they are as blind there as at the business building.

At least we don't have to deal with anyone but ourselves in our bedroom.

Next morning I was picked up in a...a...a...an awful rust bucket. I can't even describe my distress at having to carpool with Greg (he works in IT) I can't wait till I get a private chauffeur, and a car that doesn't smell like bacon.

Grandma E did my YA sculpture, I decided to let her capture my demure personality.

Since I have worked hard in the garden and grown many perfect grapes I decided it was time to start making nectar. I'm planning on becoming a mix master first, so I was a bit experimental.

Crushing grapes is dirty work, but somebody's got to do it. Besides, I've heard it is very beneficial to your skin. Imagine, great tasting nectar and a beauty treatment in one! I really am clever.

I've allowed grandma S to store her gem collection down in my workroom. I like how they sparkle.

Despite my hard work with Stuarts wardrobe, he's gone back to his bad dressing habits. His physical job doesn't help matters much, I just hope he'll get a promotion soon, so he'll start using more refined clothes.

It's to bad that his skill at the piano won't count towards getting a promotion.

Mom and dad spend a lot of time watching the stars. Pointing up to the sky and saying things like "there we are" and "together always". I don't know what they are on about, they are together now, aren't they?

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 148: Married life
« Reply #381 on: October 26, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »
I love Julia! Especially how she excepts everything just to come to her.

Crushing grapes is dirty work, but somebody's got to do it. Besides, I've heard it is very beneficial to your skin. Imagine, great tasting nectar and a beauty treatment in one! I really am clever.

I've allowed grandma S to store her gem collection down in my workroom. I like how they sparkle.

Those two lines are my favorites! They just scream Julia!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #382 on: October 26, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »
I love how Julia manage to make everything about herself. Great update! ;D

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: Chapter 148: Married life
« Reply #383 on: October 26, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »
I can't wait till I get a private chauffeur, and a car that doesn't smell like bacon.

Lol, this is also a good one.

SimBlip

« Reply #384 on: October 26, 2012, 06:47:08 PM »
Julia could easily come over as self-absorbed and superficial. Yet, she is a golden ray of sunshine.
She reminds me of Goldie Hawn and Reece Wetherspoon.
Every episode she writes, makes me smile. :)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #385 on: October 26, 2012, 09:32:12 PM »
This story is amazing! I have to say, Klara is still my favorite Immortal . . . I never quite got over her quirkiness. Now I HAVE to put a writer in my practice Immortal Dynasty!  ;D
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #386 on: October 27, 2012, 04:25:59 AM »
This story is amazing! I have to say, Klara is still my favorite Immortal . . . I never quite got over her quirkiness. Now I HAVE to put a writer in my practice Immortal Dynasty!  ;D

Thank you! That's a great compliment.

Julia could easily come over as self-absorbed and superficial.

I'm a bit worried about that too, but I think she's a lot more caring than she pretends (under all that lip gloss).

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #387 on: October 27, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »
Julia reminds me so much of Courtney Grippling from As told by Ginger it's ridiculous.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 149: The circle of life
« Reply #388 on: October 28, 2012, 08:46:02 AM »
Today the sparkles came for dad. He'd managed to become 100 days, and had told us he was very happy with his life. The only thing he had wished for was to see his granddaughter, and we all know that was never going to happen.

Arnulfo: Ah, Grim. I've been expecting you.
Grim: Elise, you look well, Simon sends his love. And thank you for that sculptur you sent us, we put it right next to the lake of fire.
Arnulfo: Good bye, love, take care of our little girl.
Frida: Grim, I thought we agreed you'd stay away untill he was 110?
Elise: Frida dear, Grim comes on his own time. Besides I want more babies in the house.

Frida: Oh mom, how could you go behind my back and conspire with Grim like that? I didn't get nearly enough time with Arnulfo. How will I cope in the house all on my own?

Elise: Don't be mad at me honey, you'll have a grand baby to cheer you up.
Frida: Arnulfo, I miss you.
Elise: Stuart, promise there will be a grand baby to cheer my girl up soon.
Grim: So, I hear you're at the theater now, given any thought to going on tour?
Stuart: Not really, I'm more into classical music.
Grim: Classical is fine to, maybe we could work something out?

Stuart: Are you sure we should do this straight away?
Julia: I think it's what dad would have wanted, besides grandma E swears it's going to cheer mom up.

The day after dads passing we were all feeling down. Since it was the weekend I spent most of it down in my nectar making facility, it was dad's present to me and here I felt the closest to him.

I had some suspicions that last nights activities had been fruitful, when I was hit by a sudden bout of nausea. I didn't want to draw any conclusions without evidence (see how like my parents I sound) so I didn't tell anyone. I don't think mom could handle a false alarm right now.

It did throw me off my game, and I seemed to also effect my balance. Maybe we could use this as a new treatment down at the spa?

The grandmas did their best to distract mom, by playing gnubb and other group activities.

I just kept going down in the cellar. I now know how to mass produce nectar, and I've become both a Mix Master and acquired Flavor Feet.

But that's not all I've aqcuired, I've also gotten a babybump. Looks like we are having a nooboo after all. I hope grandma E was right, and that the news will cheer mom up. I can't wait to tell everyone!

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 149: The circle of life
« Reply #389 on: October 28, 2012, 09:20:33 AM »
Rest in peace, Arnulfo.
100 days is a respectable age and he didn't seem too upset about his departure.
It's lovely how the Immortals try to help Frida over her grief.
I'm sure she'll be overjoyed to become a grandma! :)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #390 on: October 28, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »
 :'(
R.I.P Arnulfo
And I can't wait to see Gen 7!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #391 on: October 28, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »
I can just see it now ... all the Grandmothers feeding Julia watermelons whenever she turns around, even though she secretly can't stand them (watermelons that is).

Congrats on the upcoming Generation 7

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 150: Good tidings
« Reply #392 on: October 28, 2012, 06:31:54 PM »
I was ecstatic to share my latest accomplishment with Stuart.

Julia: Guess what?
Stuart: You are trying a new style?
Julia: No, silly, I'm pregnant!

Stuart: I'm gonna be a dad! All ready? Wow, when?
Julia: In a few days.
Stuart: So soon?
Julia: The nooboo is restless and already want's out.

Julia: Can you hear her?
Stuart: I hear...are you sure it's a girl?
Julia: I hope so, everything hinges on us having a girl, but no pressure or anything...

Stuart knows how to allay my fears, and after some kisses and a little massage I was feeling much more the thing. I already have the perfect name picked out. My daughter is going to come into this world bearing the name of a legendary beauty, just like she'll become one. How could she be anything else, with me for a mother?

Telling Stuart was a piece of cake, I already knew he was going to be super happy. Telling mom was a different story, not that I didn't think she'd be happy, but I was a little tense hoping the good news would help cheer her up. She's still very upset about dad passing away.

Julia: Mom, I have big news!
Frida: What? You got a promotion? Good for you.
Julia: Yes I did, but that's not the news.
Frida: Then what?
Julia: I'm pregnant, you're going to be a grandmother!

*from the sofa* Woooot, a nooboo!

Frida: Really?
Julia: Yes, I'm having a nooboo.
Frida: A girl?
Julia: I hope so, I haven't checked the gender.

Frida: Well, it sounds like a girl...
Julia: Mom, I know you're a genius, but only doctors can tell the gender of the baby and they use machines! I don't think you putting your ear against the belly is going to let you know for sure.
Frida: Don't be so negative! She sounds just like you did before you were born...

The whole house was going gaga over the news that I was expecting, and there was no shortage of advice doled out. Regardless if that advice was wanted or not. I spent as much time as possible behind a locked door down in my nectar cellar, but before long I was going stir crazy from being cooped up in the house.

I decided to take a trip to the spa, what better way to get away from everything and everyone?

Unfortunately, I mentioned to grandma S where I was going. And the whole grandma gang decided to follow me, just in case. That was their excuse at least. In case of what? Well, that I never found out.

What I do know, is that the Spa did very good business that day.

Stuart didn't want to feel left out, so he dropped by for a massage as well. I hope she comes soon, I don't think I can take much more of being pregnant at this point. Also, the pregnancy wardrobe is not my friend.

Soon you'll meet my girl. She's classic, Grand and exotic. Can you guess what her name is going to be?

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 150: Good tidings
« Reply #393 on: October 28, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »
Haha only Julia would refer to her baby as her "latest accomplishment"!  So funny seeing the trail of grandmas tagging along to the spa, I was totally expecting to see Candi there as well!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: October 28, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »
Luckily she was absent, but she will make at least one more appearance - sometime in the future.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »
I love this Dynasty :) So sorry to never have commented before! But this Dynasty is quite impressive and entertaining, you are an excellent writer!

I'm guessing nooboo shall be named after Cleopatra?(Just a inkling) ;)

SimBlip

« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »
I was thinking Cleopatra too - The first name of the Queen of Sheba would have been fitting too. Alas, I couldn't find it.
This update was hilarious! I kept giggling all the way.  ;D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »
I'm going to take a different approach to the name and say Aria. Stuart is in the music career on the classical track, so that's instantly where my mind went when you said "classic, grand and exotic"--and there seems to be nothing more grand and exotic in classical music than an opera. :)

I can't believe it--heir number seven is about to be born! This dynasty has come a very long way!

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »
My guess is Grace it seems like Julia.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2012, 02:47:25 PM »
I was thinking Marilyn, like Marilyn Monroe.