Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 81574 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2013, 09:06:01 AM »
YEAH! ! ! !

It seems fine, had the wedding at a "romantic" spot, no problems in controlling the bride and all seems to be working fine.

An interesting thing, though, not with this town, but with another. To take a break I decided to work on one of my "seed" families in another town.  The male is coming home from being out late at night and as he goes up the walkway to the house he is kidnapped.  No space rocks, no telescope for stargazing, I  had just started the family and the female was pregnant. 
He is returned and the female goes into labor the next day.  Two days later he gives birth to a cute little girl.  Now I  have with that family so far one full human male infant, one alien female infant and I had the mother get pregnant again. 

I don't plan on using the alien child as a mate, for me it would have an affect on the genetics, but just curious if it would be allowed.  Plan on saving her to be used in a game sometime that isn't a project game.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »
I had that happen to me but I just let her live her own life when she grew up because I didn't want to mess up the townie genetics.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2013, 06:14:11 PM »
That's how I see it, I don't want to use her in this game, but I will definitely hold her back to be used in a non-project game. 

This seed town is having some interesting events.  First the alien baby, then another sim in the town that I switched to has a roommate, they both have other RI, but they start to put the moves on each other.  Checked, and the female's RI is already at elderly stage, married and she has just aged to Adult.
The male, he is two days from aging up to Elderly and his RI is a vampire.

My new couple immediately got it on, married them and he gets a naughty reputation.  Send him to break up with the RI and when he gets back to his new bride, he accuses her of cheating.  Sheesh.   ;D  Peyton Place should be the name of this town.  It took some sweet talking, but they made up.  Babies are on the way. 

I have three more towns to "seed" and I want to do another couple in one of the other towns and I think I will have all seven towns seeded.
And I need to focus on the next town to visit, instead of these other towns.  I have to get it ready. 

skyegal22

« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2013, 02:30:33 PM »
Hello everyone, I have another chapter ready. Also would anyone vote if I held an Heir poll
http://sims3randomtownjump.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/chapter-three-toddler-skills-and-baby-bumps/

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »
Great update! You should actually create a new topic under Project Stories instead of using this thread. This one is for questions, etc. about the Random Town Jump. I like your blog. It looks good.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2013, 07:13:33 AM »
Curious if this would be confusing, frustrating or fill in the blank if when I start posting about the new town I put the Name there and then start the Chapters at one.

Example:  Cage family Random Town Jump M. Falls, Town 2 Ch 1  (not sure exactly how I put the title, but it is close enough)

If I go by the order that I have now, it would be Chapter 15

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2013, 08:08:24 AM »
That sounds like a good idea. Then, everyone would know how far the journey has progressed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2013, 01:10:02 PM »
I am seriously considering going outside and beating my head against the brick wall of my house.

I just commit the one thing you should NEVER do when playing games, forget to save.

Six (6) hours of work lost.  I sent her to China to get the stir fry recipe and she disappeared on me.  Lost everything I had done because I hadn't saved once.

I will have to repeat it all, but I will add in photos of two events that most likely won't repeat.

Seems zombies now like to swim in pools.  And of course, one had to die at the slide and the other just before she entered the yard. 

I used to not have problems with them opening gates, they would stand at the gate and yell and moan, but never open it.  Now, after the moaning and clawing motions, they just open up the gate and come into the yard.

Head straight for the pool with the waterfall and play in it or the slide.  They don't change into swim suits, they jump in in their clothes. 

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »
Another question.

I have read remarks of the midlife crisis, I am wondering, is there a set guide on that, can we do it as soon as they get the points?  Or have to wait a certain time to do so, such as when they are adults or elders?

What about changing just their favorites, such as colors, foods and music?

Another questions on LTW

In my Cage family, Marcus is a cop.  He went for the International Spy.  Could later down the line, if a sim wants to be a cop but wish for the DNA section, can he or she have that as a LTW?  Or is that seen as the same and another LTW have to be chosen?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2013, 11:25:19 PM »
Another question.

I have read remarks of the midlife crisis, I am wondering, is there a set guide on that, can we do it as soon as they get the points?  Or have to wait a certain time to do so, such as when they are adults or elders?

What about changing just their favorites, such as colors, foods and music?

Another questions on LTW

In my Cage family, Marcus is a cop.  He went for the International Spy.  Could later down the line, if a sim wants to be a cop but wish for the DNA section, can he or she have that as a LTW?  Or is that seen as the same and another LTW have to be chosen?

The midlife crisis reward can be used at any life stage...as long as as they have gotten the points...without cheating.

Different divisions of a Lifetime Wish are considered a separate Lifetime Wish.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2013, 04:58:01 PM »
It is confirmed, my Cage family has somehow been cursed.

I started back playing the family, saved it and sent Marcus to China for an opportunity.  He didn't show  up.  No problem, I had saved it, right?  Well, when I clicked to get out, out of habit I say yes to save town.  That overrode my last save of just before he left, so now I have to go to an earlier save, which had bee over an hour and half back.  A lot had happened in that time.

I have tried other families sending them to China and they make it there fine, it is just the Cage family for some reason can't go back to China.  Which I guess will remove some of the LTW that require traveling to China *sigh*

I think it is connected to the sink hole in front of the house in MF.  They had no problem in going to China before it happened.  The after they came back it was quite often someone would sink into the ground there and just disappear.  Resetsim worked to get them back most of the time.  One time Brigit didn't come back with the reset, but when the school bus came to pick them up for school, off she went and came home, whole. 

I'm keeping this family and going to continue them but am seriously thinking of buying a timer and doing another family where every 15 or 30 minutes I will be reminded to save. 

And I want to do one where if I do use the Midas Touch it is very limited.  Same with such items as life fruit and the Fountain of Youth.  Such as if I use it when they become Elder and it takes them back to YA, then I think I can use the Instant age to take them to Adult, not sure so need to check it out. 

I'm adjusting to the normal lifespan.  I have always played on a much longer lifespan, YA, Adults and Elders had 45 days, teens had 25, children had 20 and toddlers had 9, one day for each book.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »
I'm sorry about your game problems, Janna.  Did you notice Rule number 2: Normal Life Span?

Edit...sorry I misread what you said. You are on normal...bad on me.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2013, 09:19:43 AM »
Looking back, I worded it in a way that was confusing, so it is understandable you thought I wasn't playing on normal. 
Finding it interesting to play with that "restriction". 

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2013, 12:41:54 AM »
Another wondering if this is allowed.  I thought I had read somewhere what we could do in that area, but couldn't find it, so checking.

I am so frustrated with the Cage family, most of in MV is my fault, I keep forgetting to save and then lose several hours work.

Anyhow, due to being so frustrated with them, I am going to work on another family.  Talk about being surprised, I rolled for the town jump to start in MV.  Chose a couple that have a RI and are living together. 
The only problem I see is that their home is so small, and there is no room to go up.  It is a 20 by 15 lots. 

Are we allowed to move them one time to a lot or a house that has room for another bedroom to be added?

Or do we have to keep them where they are and find a way to make it work?  Can't find where it says what we are to do.

Hoping I can move them, but not going to hold my breathe  ;D

I need to go to bed, can't stop yawning

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2013, 12:50:08 AM »
Yes, you can move the Founding Family to a house...that they can afford...to accommodate a larger family. See the start up rules for adding any needed Simoleans.