Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 911406 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1050 on: November 06, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
I keep having to Ctrl+Alt+Del too! And that hadn't occurred to me, but I have three spares I was planning to marry out and that won't work with the new patch now, will it? Grrr, I am not happy with my game right now!

Oh but on a separate topic, you mentioned before that I need more RAM for my game to run and save properly. If I allocate more memory to RAM will that work, or does it have to be physical RAM? My husband says we can allocate some of the hard drive memory to be used as RAM.

Rica is your game crashing too? I've heard a lot of that since Supernatural.

Did you have the answer to this already? I checked with my husband, 'cause he knows a lot more about computers than I do. Probably just like your husband. ;)
I'll send you a PM though, because this is a little bit too much off topic I think.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1051 on: November 06, 2012, 02:05:42 PM »
I don't know if this issue has been brought up; I tried searching but couldn't find it.

If my founder becomes an elder before she completes her requirements, is that an automatic fail? Or, can I give her a young-again potion as soon as she has completed them, and then have her get pregnant?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1052 on: November 06, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
Once the requirements are fulfilled you can use any life extending game mechanics you want.  But only once the requirements are done.   The only time you fail is if one of the heirs or the founder dies.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1053 on: November 06, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
What's the policy on aging up non-heirs? My heir and his brother are almost ready to leave toddlerhood and their mother just had another set of twins (I need to stop granting her wishes for more children), so I need to know if I have to deal with all three days of their infanthood or if I can age them up early. If not, that's cool. I can suffer if I have to. ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1054 on: November 06, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
What's the policy on aging up non-heirs? My heir and his brother are almost ready to leave toddlerhood and their mother just had another set of twins (I need to stop granting her wishes for more children), so I need to know if I have to deal with all three days of their infanthood or if I can age them up early. If not, that's cool. I can suffer if I have to. ;)

The only restriction on spares is that they can't bring anyone into the household themselves. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1055 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03:27 PM »
The only restriction on spares is that they can't bring anyone into the household themselves.
Excellent. Thanks! :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1056 on: November 07, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »
Also, if you're having freezing doing the move, you could very well freeze during the Edit Town way.   Are you getting crash logs or are you having to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to quit the game?

You were right, Rica.  Using Edit Town led to the whole family disappearing.  Going back through saved files uncovered a number of smaller glitches.  I don't think the game is all that keen on ghost families.  I hope I've now reached a stable previous save but it's an annoyingly long way back.

Margerita, Wiry: I'll add your wishes to the list.

I can confirm that ghosts do just fade out without a fanfare, even when they're in the active household (and I've had 'about to die' notifications most days since Vernon faded out and several 'has lost his grip on the mortal realm' ones).

Also, a playable ghost with Oh My Ghost had an option to resurrect herself as well as her unplayable ghost boyfriend.  If it hadn't been a challenge game, I'd have been tempted to take the option, just to see what happened - probably nothing, but I was afraid it might crash the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #1057 on: November 07, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »
This has been covered but I can't find the ruling on it: If my normal founder wants to become a vampire or werewolf are we allowed to let them be turned?
Founder is still working on requirements and has not married or moved in future mate.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #1058 on: November 07, 2012, 08:08:24 PM »
Final Ruling:

Founders have to be in their final life state at the time of the requirement completion.   You can have your founder turned at some point but all heirs have to be in their final life state when born.   That's how you pick an heir because they are a different life state then their parent.

As long as you do it without the use of life state changing elixirs you should be good Raven! :)

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #1059 on: November 07, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »
Thanks Silverbella! ;D
I thought I had read that, but wanted to be safe.  :D

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1060 on: November 07, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »
Is using buydebug for the super silly reason of wanting to buy an air conditioning unit for the outside of the house, considered an acceptable building cheat? It won't break my heart if the answer is no, but for some reason I'm actually bothered by the fact that my dynasty house doesn't have one. I really wish they had put them in the regular building section. 
Jaymi

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1061 on: November 07, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »
Is using buydebug for the super silly reason of wanting to buy an air conditioning unit for the outside of the house, considered an acceptable building cheat? It won't break my heart if the answer is no, but for some reason I'm actually bothered by the fact that my dynasty house doesn't have one. I really wish they had put them in the regular building section.

Buydebug is banned.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1062 on: November 07, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »
Ok. Just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks Rica  :)
Jaymi

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1063 on: November 08, 2012, 12:03:37 AM »
So, is picking favourites banned?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1064 on: November 08, 2012, 08:32:32 AM »
If you have just one child born and that child is a different life state to the heir or founder then you have to use that child as the heir. If you have multiples and more then one of them fullfill the above requirements you can choose whichever one you want. Just remember that they all have to fullfill the requirements of each lifestage whilst you choose. Any children that you don't choose as a potential heir can be aged up using birthday cake and moved out if you wish.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.