Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906845 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1065 on: November 08, 2012, 09:38:23 AM »
I believe the question, Rachel, hasn't to do with favorite offspring, but favorite color/food/music.

And that the question, therefore, would be, "do I have to randomize the favorite color/food/music of my founder, or can I choose those since they have no actual effect on gameplay?"

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1066 on: November 08, 2012, 09:46:28 AM »
The rules only state that you have to randomize traits and choose the LTWs available so I would think that it would be ok to choose the favorite color/food/music as you wish.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1067 on: November 08, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »
Sorry about that it,I never remember to choose my founders favourites so it didn't occur to me that was what you were asking about.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1068 on: November 08, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
Oh, that's ok. I just wanted to make sure. :)

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #1069 on: November 08, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »
I'm playing in Moonlight Falls and have the problem/bug with the combined School and Stadium - the founder's child is about to age up and is unable to complete his Badging Ceremony opportunity at the School. Can I have permission to replace the school, please?
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1070 on: November 08, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »
I'm playing in Moonlight Falls and have the problem/bug with the combined School and Stadium - the founder's child is about to age up and is unable to complete his Badging Ceremony opportunity at the School. Can I have permission to replace the school, please?

Sure.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #1071 on: November 09, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »
At his prom, my teenage heir just started going steady and had his first kiss with a cradle robbing woman who is YA...does this still count as his teen romantic interest?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1072 on: November 09, 2012, 09:33:59 PM »
The rules say to have a romantic interest during the teen years not that the romantic interest has to be a teen.  You're fine since it was the game that made a woman who was too old to be at prom hit on your poor little darling.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #1073 on: November 11, 2012, 05:16:33 AM »
I've started a new Life State Dynasty and I think my founder has reached the points where all her 7 requirements are done. But I have a few questions.

First, as a 6th and last challenge I picked up the firefly collection. There are 8 different fireflies and she collected them all, but there is a bug when I look at her collection tab. The "statistic" part shows 56 fireflies collected and 100% unique fireflies found, which is correct and means she has completed the challenge. But when I scroll down, the "challenges" part doesn't update the firefly collector challenge properly, it remains grey. Am I right to consider it's just a UI bug and that she's good with her 6th challenge? (I can upload screenshots if needed)

Then, as a unique BF, I picked up the unicorn for her since she's Equestrian. There are best friend forever at the moment, but my founder has reached 3 stars in her celebrity status. This means that the poor sim has been suffering permanent public disgraces for a while now, and all her relationships tanked because of this, excepted the ones with household members (her husband and 3 horses). She's succeeded to maintain BFship with the unicorn so far. But if it doesn't show up in the world for a week or two, and that can happen sometimes, there is no way she can keep that BF status.

So my question is: up to what point exactly do I have to maintain the unique BF?
  • Up to the first time a baby is conceived (chimes are heard)? And that could happen asap but she'll certainly be disgraced for woohooing with her eternally faithful husband :-(
  • Up to the birth of the first baby, whether that baby has the right occult type or not?
  • Up to the moment a baby of the right occult type to be the heir is born?

I can't hide that I have a strong preference for the first option, this whole celebrity/paparazzi system is insane  ;D

As a side question, her LTW was The Jockey. There was a bug there too, because it was marked "completed" when she reached 11.000$ out of the 40.000$ needed. Since then, the counter still shows 11.000/40.000$ despite the fact that she has earned much more with her competitions at the Equestrian Center, enough to fulfill it in fact. Does it matter at all since the LTW isn't part of the requirements for this dynasty?
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1074 on: November 11, 2012, 05:26:00 AM »
I've started a new Life State Dynasty and I think my founder has reached the points where all her 7 requirements are done. But I have a few questions.

First, as a 6th and last challenge I picked up the firefly collection. There are 8 different fireflies and she collected them all, but there is a bug when I look at her collection tab. The "statistic" part shows 56 fireflies collected and 100% unique fireflies found, which is correct and means she has completed the challenge. But when I scroll down, the "challenges" part doesn't update the firefly collector challenge properly, it remains grey. Am I right to consider it's just a UI bug and that she's good with her 6th challenge? (I can upload screenshots if needed)

Then, as a unique BF, I picked up the unicorn for her since she's Equestrian. There are best friend forever at the moment, but my founder has reached 3 stars in her celebrity status. This means that the poor sim has been suffering permanent public disgraces for a while now, and all her relationships tanked because of this, excepted the ones with household members (her husband and 3 horses). She's succeeded to maintain BFship with the unicorn so far. But if it doesn't show up in the world for a week or two, and that can happen sometimes, there is no way she can keep that BF status.

So my question is: up to what point exactly do I have to maintain the unique BF?
  • Up to the first time a baby is conceived (chimes are heard)? And that could happen asap but she'll certainly be disgraced for woohooing with her eternally faithful husband :-(
  • Up to the birth of the first baby, whether that baby has the right occult type or not?

I can't hide that I have a strong preference for the first option, this whole celebrity/paparazzi system is insane  ;D

As a side question, her LTW was The Jockey. There was a bug there too, because it was marked "completed" when she reached 11.000$ out of the 40.000$ needed. Since then, the counter still shows 11.000/40.000$ despite the fact that she has earned much more with her competitions at the Equestrian Center, enough to fulfill it in fact. Does it matter at all since the LTW isn't part of the requirements for this dynasty?

Considering the point is to have the requirements done before trying for baby unless one of your 5k wishes is to have a baby/girl/boy/first child, I would assume that you just have to maintain the unique bf until the founder is ready for a nooboo, but another heir is never allowed to befriend said unique bf ever even after all other requirements are completed, and the heir is the focus.

Other than that, you need Challenge Board Moderator rulings, plus they can confirm or deny what i've said about the whole best friend thing.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #1075 on: November 11, 2012, 05:35:33 AM »
I suspect (hope  ;)) you're right indeed, but I wanted to be crystal clear on it. I'm sorry for the Mods because I always end up with some tricky questions. Can't help... ???

The rules say:
Important: these must all be in place concurrently when it’s time to add an heir.

I hope that the "time to add an heir" means the woohoo moment indeed.

There is no risk my founder ever has a wish to have first kid, she ended up with the Dislikes the Children trait. I just hope for her she won't have to try too many times before a heir is born.

Regarding the "uniqueness" of the BF, my understanding is that no other household member (heir/spouse/spare - as long as they're under the control of the player) can ever become BF with it, and this for the whole duration of the challenge, from the very first day to the last one.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1076 on: November 11, 2012, 05:54:50 AM »
I didn't think it mattered if a spouse or spare met the bf, as they don't really count in the requirements like an heir does and therefore wouldn't invalidate the founder/heir's claim to finished requirements/age freeze potion/young again potion/nooboos.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1077 on: November 11, 2012, 06:33:48 AM »

Yes, you're fine and should consider that one finished. I know that one of the Consignment challenges wigs out too and does not darken as complete despite the fact that statistics above say otherwise.

It's #1. You need all the requirements in place and then you are allowed to try for a baby.

No.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #1078 on: November 11, 2012, 06:54:18 AM »
Thank you Metro for the quick answer. My pretty I-hate-kids-founder can brace herself for the future shiny crying babies  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1079 on: November 11, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »
I didn't think it mattered if a spouse or spare met the bf, as they don't really count in the requirements like an heir does and therefore wouldn't invalidate the founder/heir's claim to finished requirements/age freeze potion/young again potion/nooboos.

The rule specifically says that the BF is not allowed to be a BF of any other household member.  If the spares and spouse are in the household, then can't be BFs with the person  either, ever.  It would invalidate the person who used them.  A lot like having an heir do an opp claimed by the founder.

anything