Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908780 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1200 on: November 21, 2012, 12:26:24 PM »
There are special tables that make picnic baskets? I always wondered why those were sometimes there! Where are they?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1201 on: November 21, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »
There are special tables that make picnic baskets? I always wondered why those were sometimes there! Where are they?

As far as I know it's just the picnic tables that are in community objects.  I've never seen a basket pop on a table I placed from buy mode.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1202 on: November 21, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »
Would I have used them if they weren't allowed?  I wrote the FAQ on Edit Town.   The only stipulation we've ever used in any of the dynasties was that you could only use EA-created towns.   

The Nectary register has always been allowed through purchasing it as a lot owner and the academy only counts as a place to practice.  The tournament still has to be completed in China.

Aargh!  I wish I'd noticed that about 10 days ago (my days, not Sim days).  I've spent so much time fighting travelling bugs  ???.  Twinbrook is still 'as is', so I suppose I retain the option for later generations.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1203 on: November 21, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
Aargh!  I wish I'd noticed that about 10 days ago (my days, not Sim days).  I've spent so much time fighting travelling bugs  ???.  Twinbrook is still 'as is', so I suppose I retain the option for later generations.

I don't know what you mean by retain that option?  Once you start a game you cannot go into edit town to place anything other than newly provided lots.  So if you buy the new greenhouse from the store, you only have permission to place that greenhouse if you want it in your town.  If we get another expansion, you only have the ability to place the lots from the new expansion. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1204 on: November 21, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »
I don't know what you mean by retain that option?  Once you start a game you cannot go into edit town to place anything other than newly provided lots.  So if you buy the new greenhouse from the store, you only have permission to place that greenhouse if you want it in your town.  If we get another expansion, you only have the ability to place the lots from the new expansion. 

I thought I'd read that there was a one-off option for people who'd started playing a while back to go into Edit Town and change lots (e.g. Willowglen Amphitheatre to a Big Park).  I assumed that meant also placing other EA lots.  It's not a problem if that's not the case - my Sims are unlikely to travel again anyway after the time it took to get the two days' travel for gen 3's photography challenges to stick without crashes.  I have stuff like nectar makers in the family inventory.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1205 on: November 21, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »
That was a one time only chance at the time of the announcement.  It had to be done back when the new FAQ was released not whenever you felt like. 

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1206 on: November 21, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »
That was a one time only chance at the time of the announcement.  It had to be done back when the new FAQ was released not whenever you felt like. 

Oh?  I think it was quite a while before I even noticed the rules had changed.  But, as i SAID

Edited: Oops, internet glitched in mid-post (and when I'd accidentally hit capslock).

Post should have said, "Oh?  I think it was quite a while before I even noticed the rules had changed.  But, as I said, it's not a problem.  I can cope with basic Twinbrook."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1207 on: November 21, 2012, 05:06:56 PM »
Oh?  I think it was quite a while before I even noticed the rules had changed.  But, as i SAID

I wasn't trying to offend you.  I was just stating it so that everyone understood that it wasn't something that you got to hold onto.  It was either a change at the time you learned you could or don't change at all.

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #1208 on: November 22, 2012, 05:54:37 AM »
Sorry if this was asked before and it's probably a dumb question but, can we bring in an heir without moving the partner in? For example would an alien abduction be okay?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1209 on: November 22, 2012, 06:57:13 AM »
An alien abduction pregnancy is not allowed as both parents have to be best friends with their offspring at the toddler stage.
The same goes for anytime you were planning on having a child with someone outside the house.
You are welcome to move an alien into the house(ensure that it is the person they are going to be reproducing with who invites them in at least at the young adult stage)and then have a child with that alien.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #1210 on: November 22, 2012, 07:08:02 AM »
An alien abduction pregnancy is not allowed as both parents have to be best friends with their offspring at the toddler stage.
The same goes for anytime you were planning on having a child with someone outside the house.
You are welcome to move an alien into the house(ensure that it is the person they are going to be reproducing with who invites them in at least at the young adult stage)and then have a child with that alien.

Rachel
Thank you very much. So if my sim gets abducted and becomes pregnant is that the end of the dynasty? Because the offspring would be a different species than the parent it would automatically be the heir. And I wouldn't be able make the heir friends with his alien parent so...

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1211 on: November 22, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »
When an alien abduction baby is born you will get a pop up that gives the player the choice of raising the baby as their own or sending it back to its own planet. Click on the return to sender button and carry on with your dynasty.
Alien abductions cannot be controlled by the player so if one happens to you don't worry you have not failed your dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #1212 on: November 22, 2012, 09:01:20 AM »
When an alien abduction baby is born you will get a pop up that gives the player the choice of raising the baby as their own or sending it back to its own planet. Click on the return to sender button and carry on with your dynasty.
Alien abductions cannot be controlled by the player so if one happens to you don't worry you have not failed your dynasty.

Rachel

Ok, thanks for clarifying things. Now I'm finally going to start a life state dynasty.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1213 on: November 22, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »
Ok, thanks for clarifying things. Now I'm finally going to start a life state dynasty.

Plus there's the fact that the alien abduction pregnancy isn't actually related to the male sim that's been abducted. So therefore it's not viable as a heir.

The Challenge Board team has finally been able to spend some time looking over all of the data that involves aliens.  Our final decision is that all abduction pregnancies must be sent home and cannot become part of the family ever.  The choice becomes available at the birth of the child of how to handle and the choice is always going to be "Send to Homeworld" or as I like to say return to sender.  Abduction pregnancies cannot be heirs because they break the bloodline which is essential in all dynasties.   However, Aliens are allowed to become part of the household.  After an alien is in the household, having an alien baby is possible.   

Special Note for Life States Dynasty players: A child cannot be an occult and an alien.   So while including aliens as part of the challenge, remember that you could run into difficulties when it comes time to bringing in the next generation.  We only have the information that has been worked out from testing so please keep us informed if you run into any difficulties that may be a concern for everyone.   Remember sometimes the odds are against you no matter what the two parents are that you won't have to keep trying though.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #1214 on: November 24, 2012, 02:49:43 PM »
I'm looking for permission to cheat to fix a glitch.  :-\
My founder is halfway invisible, her plumbob just floats above the ground. Since she's a fairy, I can see the tips of her wings (coming out of the ground) but nothing else. She can intereact with other sims but not any objects. I've tried resetting her, resetting the whole town, shutting down my computer and everything. She doesn't change.
Can I go into edit town and evict them and see if that works? Or should I just restart?