Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908189 times)

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1365 on: December 26, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »
Anjielicka if you place your mausoleum without any doors or stairway access to it, your items will be safe from random "Hey that looks nifty" interference from your Sims.
Jaymi

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1366 on: December 27, 2012, 03:38:19 AM »
I am planning to start a Life States dynasty in the new year and I have a few little questions.
1. Do the different types of ghosts count as different life states eg. Could one heir be a jelly bean ghost and another a fire ghost?
2. With spares, can we just age them up immediately like the storytellers appear to do in their dynasties?
3. When a heirs childhood requirements are complete, can we cake them up or do we have to wait until their actual birthday?

Apologies if these questions have already been asked or answered and many thanks in advanced!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1367 on: December 27, 2012, 06:34:16 AM »
I am planning to start a Life States dynasty in the new year and I have a few little questions.
1. Do the different types of ghosts count as different life states eg. Could one heir be a jelly bean ghost and another a fire ghost?

Yes, if you take a look at the ruleset you'll see a long list of allowed life states. Different types of ghosts are part of that list.

2. With spares, can we just age them up immediately like the storytellers appear to do in their dynasties?

Non heir household members are not tied to completing life stage requirements and yes, you can age them up whenever you want.

3. When a heirs childhood requirements are complete, can we cake them up or do we have to wait until their actual birthday?

Nope, you can age them up as soon as a given stages' requirements are done.

Offline imright:)

• Nooboo
« Reply #1368 on: December 27, 2012, 06:40:56 AM »
If you don't mind, could you answer a few questions I have?

• Nooboo
« Reply #1369 on: December 27, 2012, 06:44:49 AM »
Hello? It's rather important, Metro.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1370 on: December 27, 2012, 07:10:25 AM »
If you don't mind, could you answer a few questions I have?

Hello? It's rather important, Metro.
You have to understand that there is a time difference and Metro and the rest of the challenge staff may not be online at the same time as you.
You can ask any questions you want in this thread and someone,if they know the answer,will get back to you as soon as they can.If you want to send a PM to either Metro,Rica or myself then again we will help as soon as we can.
I am sorry if you feel that four minutes wasn't enough time for somebody to respond to your question but I get the feeling that all of the challenge board staff were still tucked up in bed at that time.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1371 on: December 27, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »
To add to what ratchie said, you also didn't ask any questions that required a response.  If you read this thread you would see that questions are asked and then you get answers.  Not to mention, your answers may have already been given to someone else.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1372 on: December 27, 2012, 11:38:55 AM »
Yes, if you take a look at the ruleset you'll see a long list of allowed life states. Different types of ghosts are part of that list.

Non heir household members are not tied to completing life stage requirements and yes, you can age them up whenever you want.

Nope, you can age them up as soon as a given stages' requirements are done.

Thanks Metro! Time to get planning (and saving up for supernatural).
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

• Nooboo
« Reply #1373 on: December 27, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »
Okay, okay.. No need to attack me.
My question was (although I feel this Dynasty challenge is far less superior to the others), I have a query on the rules. They say both no mods, as well as no adoptions. Are you aware that same-sex couples in the sims cannot try for baby wiout mods? I doubt you would "grant premission" for a mod like that to be used. So... What are we supposed to do?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1374 on: December 27, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »
Well, you can't have a same-sex couple without a bit of infidelity if you're going for the Hall of Fame (and since you're only allowed one spouse for the Life States dynasty and that spouse must provide an heir, you can have a sim in a same-sex relationship but they have to move in someone else to make the baby and can't move in their same-sex partner). Think of it as something interesting to write into the story.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1375 on: December 27, 2012, 08:34:07 PM »
Not have same-sex couples?

Edit: Blast, Trip beat me to it!

Edit 2: Also, it bothers me that you perceived it as an attack on you. It wasn't an attack. It was a friendly and polite reminder that this is a forum, not an instant messaging application. Expecting a response within 4 minutes when the person in question isn't available or online is pretty unreasonable. Members here are scattered across the globe. And as Ricalynn indicated, you didn't even ask a question (other than "can I?") - your best bet here is to do the following:

1. Ask the question. Someone will answer.
2. Be patient.

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1376 on: December 29, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
I have been having a lot of crashes lately, one of which happened during a save after my 2nd generation heir's birthday.
1) I am assuming I can reload a previously saved game and continue from there?
2) Also, should I re-roll the heir's trait during her birthday OR should I re-assign the trait that was rolled before the crash?

Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1377 on: December 29, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »
I have been having a lot of crashes lately, one of which happened during a save after my 2nd generation heir's birthday.
1) I am assuming I can reload a previously saved game and continue from there?
2) Also, should I re-roll the heir's trait during her birthday OR should I re-assign the trait that was rolled before the crash?

Thanks!

1) Why would you go to a previous save?  Just go to the last save you have and continue unless it won't load.  If the game crashed while saving and didn't save then the old save isn't the previous save, it's the current save because you don't have one after it.  Does that make sense?
2) If the heir needs to age up again, you hit the random button again.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1378 on: December 29, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
1) Why would you go to a previous save?  Just go to the last save you have and continue unless it won't load.  If the game crashed while saving and didn't save then the old save isn't the previous save, it's the current save because you don't have one after it.  Does that make sense?
What I meant was the last available saved file (and no, no file was saved during the crash). Yes, it does make perfect sense to call the last available save file the current.

2) If the heir needs to age up again, you hit the random button again.
That's what I thought.

Thanks!

• Nooboo
« Reply #1379 on: December 30, 2012, 03:20:52 AM »
Oh, wow, that's a bit insensitive. And Metro was online, thanks. So, again, no need to attack me.
I would like someone with some authority to give thir opinion on the matter of same-sex relationships.