Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908881 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1665 on: March 18, 2013, 06:51:52 AM »
Thanks for the quick response!

Edit: Can you only add lots if you're bulldozing one to add smaller or larger? Or can you add empty lots where they fit?

Yes those were already apart of the rules - just remember you can only place Uni buildings.  You can't destroy or place any other buildings. Unless you just got that cinema.

Is this new?  Does "travel world" include University?  I don't plan to get University just yet, but I'm just curious in case I abruptly change my mind like I sometimes do.  ::)

Yes when I posted all the content for University Life - we said that we consider University to be a travel world.   It is a travel world.  Time stands still at home.  You disappear for a set amount of time and you have to go through a loading screen.   As for the exact wording, we only allowed four buildings from all university world, 2 buildings from china and 1 from france as the only buildings allowed from a travel world.   Any other lots are pretty much useless in a homeworld anyway.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1666 on: March 18, 2013, 06:57:17 AM »
Yes those were already apart of the rules - just remember you can only place Uni buildings.  You can't destroy or place any other buildings. Unless you just got that cinema.

Okay, I thought so but I panicked last minute and wanted to check. Thank you. I only added the dour listed Uni buildings, the Al Fresco Street Market, and Serenity Retreat since I hadn't played since I got those things. Oh, also replaced Eerie Park with the Festival Grounds. But that was automatic.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1667 on: March 18, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »
Your fine Rosa.  Good luck with your attempt and have fun.  :D

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1668 on: March 18, 2013, 08:22:25 AM »
Your fine Rosa.  Good luck with your attempt and have fun.  :D

Thanks Rica! So excited to play it again after all this time!

By samoht04

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1669 on: March 18, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
Are we allowed to use the additional traits you can gain through the social groups?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1670 on: March 18, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
Is the Immortal LTHR okay for vampires to get or does it count as extending life?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1671 on: March 18, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
It can be bought as one of the unique LTRs as long as it's the very last requirement the vampire in question needs.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1672 on: March 18, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »
Are we allowed to use the additional traits you can gain through the social groups?

This was covered in my UL post.   Yes you can use them but they have to be random. 

Is the Immortal LTHR okay for vampires to get or does it count as extending life?

Like Trip said, absolute last thing needed if you want it to be one of the uniques.  This means that a vampire cannot use one of the baby wishes as there is no way to fulfill both the wish and get the LTR at the same time.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1673 on: March 18, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
This was covered in my UL post.   Yes you can use them but they have to be random.

So I am assuming then you can also get the extra trait from the degree but you have to randomize it?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1674 on: March 18, 2013, 12:00:40 PM »
University Life Content Update:

Can I go to University?
-- Yes.   As far as the challenge team is concerned, think of going to university in the same sphere as going on vacation.   They use the exact same rules and restrictions as if they are the same thing.  For the Life States Dynasty, prior to University Life heirs were only allowed 7 days per heir each.  So each heir could only spend 7 days in another world.   With the release of University Life, we're opening it up so that you can accumulate the days over time so that with the birth of each generation  available vacation time will increase for your 7 life states..   You will still get 7 days per heir like befor.   However, your first heir will only have 7 days.   Once the second heir is born, another 7 days can then be taken by former heir and heir.    If both founder and gen 2 heir decide to go to egypt, every day they spend there together is worth 2 of the 14 days they have.  A three day trip with them both would cost you 6 days out of the allotted time.    You cannot take more time than your household currently has.   If you are only on generation 1,  your founder cannot go to University for a 2 term visit.  That would be 7 days more than your founder has and not allowed. 

What about the two new traits I can get?  Am I allowed to get those?
-- Yes.  But like all other traits that an heir gets they have to be completely random if you do achieve them.

Can Social Group opportunities, Dares or Day Jobs be used for BlackOps?
-- No.   These are along the same lines as adventures from WA.  Life State Dynasties are only allowed to use the opportunities that fill the slots of the original Opportunity slots - Career/School, Skill and/or Special.

Can I use the skills that came with University Life as supermaxes?
-- Yes.  There are no restrictions regarding the three new skills that came with University Life.  Science, Street Art and Social Networking are all acceptable supermaxes.   Just remember that it is unknown at the time of this post how many opportunities are available for these specific skills. 

Am I allowed to use one of the new Social Group careers?
-- Yes.  All three of the new careers are available but be aware that even though the Game Developer has two branches for part of the way through it's progress but in the end it's the same career so it only counts as one career instead of two. 

Are there any career rewards associated with the new careers?
-- Two of them are viable.  The reason for this is because the three new skills that came with University Life don't give skill certficates.  The possibilities are:
 - Game Developer gives you a laptop and requires Writing.  You could also use a Painting or Logic skill certificate depending on branch you choose.  If you choose to use this career you have to reach at least level 7 before you can use any of the career rewards.
 - Art Appraiser - Only the Acquisition branch counts as it gives you paintings as part of three promotions plus the painting skill certificate.

Can any of the new skills be used to make items for the mausoleum?
-- Yes - two new skills are being added to the rules.   Street Art and  Samples are being added to the list of possibilities that can be placed in a mausoleum.

Are PlantSims allowed? 
-- Yes with restrictions.   Spares can become a PlantSim at anytime.   Spouses can only become a PlantSim after an heir has been born for the next generation.   Due to their lack of genetic coding, a PlantSim can never be one of the 7 life states.

Can we use the two new ghosts that came with University Life?
-- You can use the Blunt Force Trauma ghost but the Death by Ranting ghost is only available for founders who come out of CAS that way.   The death itself can never be accidental. 

Any other restrictions?
-- Not at this time.  Enjoy the new careers, herbs, smart phones and parties.  Should you learn anything that would be against the spirit of the challenge please make sure to tell us.

Edit Town Changes:
The following change/restriction is now in place for dynasties from the moment of this post moving forward. 

The following lots are the only lots allowed to be placed from a vacation world into a homeworld:  Phoenix Martial Arts Academy,  The Scholar's Garden,  Champ Les Sims Nectary, Keith's Komics, B's Bowlarama, The Grotto and Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1675 on: March 18, 2013, 04:07:04 PM »
I'm sorry, I totally skipped that sentence. Good to hear we can use the additional but random traits. Still more surprises.  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1676 on: March 19, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »
So a spouse I am considering for gen 2's sister lives in a house with gen 2's unique best friend. No one else even knows the guy. But what if Sister becomes best friends with Unique BF when she moves in there after the wedding? She's not a household member anymore right, so it doesn't count? Come to think of it, I don't think I would even know what relationship they would have. Unique BF is pretty old anyway so he'll likely die soon.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1677 on: March 19, 2013, 05:06:52 PM »
She would no longer be a household member so yeah it's ok.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1678 on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »
Okay that's what I thought. Good. Thanks Rica.

Edit: I heard that werewolves are supposed to change back automatically now. How long is it supposed to take? My spare's fiancée keeps not changing and they're going to miss their own wedding!

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1679 on: March 19, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »
Okay that's what I thought. Good. Thanks Rica.

Edit: I heard that werewolves are supposed to change back automatically now. How long is it supposed to take? My spare's fiancée keeps not changing and they're going to miss their own wedding!

They can get married as a wolf I thought.   Have you been watching him?  That's when Lorraine changed back on her own.

anything