Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 914303 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1710 on: March 26, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »
I have a problem :( my second gen's twin just got married, thinking I would move her out to live with him. Well apparently he has no house and it's not possible to select one for them to move into. What should I do? I've left it paused on the screen but apparently there's no cancelling now they're actually married.

I had the same problem in my Baby Boomers Challenge, and it almost happened in my Life States Dynasty as well. The 'Invite Household' trick doesn't always work, either, as the last time there was only one other NPC in the household. In the same case the NPC in question had joined the Music career, so that was not an indicator either. Another option, effective though painstaking, is to ask them to leave, and then 'follow' them home with the camera. If they head to a remote spot and disappear, you can see they have no home.

I thought that it could be counted, Rosa, because the multi-rabbithole was the source of the bug, but I'll let Rica confirm that.

I was in luck, I cancelled the op and his phone rang for another one mere hours before he was to age up. Fortunately, it was a Scavenger Hunt and easily completed in time.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1711 on: March 27, 2013, 06:28:04 AM »
Rosa - I think what you experienced is a homeless townie situation.  There are very specific townies that live in households but nowhere especially in the beginning of a file.  Those people are usually named on the wiki.  They're the people who get jobs like Tattoo artist within the town. The longer you play the more all of them just lump into one household instead of several but yes, watching them go home can be very helpful.   Also double-checking each house in a "Copy" of the file that you don't play.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1712 on: March 27, 2013, 09:48:28 AM »
So, here's the deal. The spouse of Gen 1 died during Gen 2's childhood. All is well and good until Gen 2 hits Young Adult stage. There Gen 1 and Gen 2 both get the Oh My Ghost opp to raise the Gen 1 spouse from the dead. As Gen 1 is no longer heir, they cannot add to the household, right? And Gen 2 can only add a spouse, correct?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1713 on: March 27, 2013, 10:05:16 AM »
So, here's the deal. The spouse of Gen 1 died during Gen 2's childhood. All is well and good until Gen 2 hits Young Adult stage. There Gen 1 and Gen 2 both get the Oh My Ghost opp to raise the Gen 1 spouse from the dead. As Gen 1 is no longer heir, they cannot add to the household, right? And Gen 2 can only add a spouse, correct?

There is no need for the husband but gen 1 can bring him back if you really want him to take that slot.  However yes Gen 2 can only add a spouse and eventually his/her children.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1714 on: March 27, 2013, 10:58:11 AM »
Rosa - I think what you experienced is a homeless townie situation.  There are very specific townies that live in households but nowhere especially in the beginning of a file.  Those people are usually named on the wiki.  They're the people who get jobs like Tattoo artist within the town. The longer you play the more all of them just lump into one household instead of several but yes, watching them go home can be very helpful.   Also double-checking each house in a "Copy" of the file that you don't play.

I have experienced those before. Like Shana Natcher in Riverview and Milton Tong in Sunset Valley. Regan Albert and her husband (yes, I broke them up) are not listed on the Wiki for Moonlight Falls. I am far past the beginning of the file (Week 28). She joined the Music career, probably the same time my spare did so he would have co-workers, like Chris Steel does in Sunset Valley. She seems like a new townie family that moved to town later in the file, especially since she has a husband, but for the small detail that she doesn't live anywhere.

Her husband was not listed in her household when I checked (after I broke them up). Do you think it's possible she used to live in a house and then when I broke them up she moved? I would be surprised, especially since broken-up couples live together for a long time in my experience, which I find unrealistic. But then my Dynasty copy of Moonlight Falls has been particularly crazy. The Durwoods (minus Zack) moved out of town right after he moved in with Marjorie. Maybe they didn't approve of the match? And townies have been moving into all different houses like a giant game of musical chairs, producing the oddest combinations. This started happening fairly early in the file.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the long post, I know it doesn't really matter, but I am curious, especially since I had to break the poor boy up with Regan and he was so in love with her.  :'(

By samoht04

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1715 on: March 28, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »
I can't remember what the verdict was on time machine children, are they allowed? My silly Gen 2 Spouse got one his first time going into the past.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1716 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:41 PM »
I can't remember what the verdict was on time machine children, are they allowed? My silly Gen 2 Spouse got one his first time going into the past.

Not allowed.  The only people allowed to enter the household are Spouses and children born from the heirs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #1717 on: March 28, 2013, 02:47:13 PM »
Thought that was the case. That's alright though, I was considering abondoning my attempt anyway. The skilling glitch means my founder has almost maxed 3 extra skills, incredibly frustrating.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1718 on: March 28, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »
Thought that was the case. That's alright though, I was considering abondoning my attempt anyway. The skilling glitch means my founder has almost maxed 3 extra skills, incredibly frustrating.

The best way to combat the skilling bug is to make all your Sims mad when you save and exit.  If they're not a 100% happy, the glitch doesn't exist.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #1719 on: March 28, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
Will that cancel out previous effects, or will it just stop it from accumulating?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #1720 on: March 28, 2013, 03:20:31 PM »
The best way to combat the skilling bug is to make all your Sims mad when you save and exit.  If they're not a 100% happy, the glitch doesn't exist.

Oh, wow I didn't know about that. Time to make my Sims angry :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1721 on: March 28, 2013, 03:28:34 PM »
Whoa, really? Oh my gosh! I wish I'd known that before I save and quit last time  :-\ The skilling glitch is really messing me up right now.

By samoht04

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #1722 on: March 28, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »
Is this the glitch where they skill up really quickly? What does that have to do with the Sims' moods when we save and quit? Sorry, I feel like I'm missing something really obvious ::) :-[

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #1723 on: March 28, 2013, 03:47:59 PM »
Twallan discovered that the skill glitch was due to the bonus from being in a good mood being saved when it shouldn't be, meaning that every time you load the game you get the value from the save file, plus the current bonus being added again. You can avoid it by not saving when your sims are in a good mood (I'm guessing "happy enough to get LTHP just for standing there"?) ... although the information came too late for a lot of people.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1724 on: March 28, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »
I haven't actually tested it on a sim with a skilling glitch yet I'm sad to say.  I just know that I've been able to keep it from happening at all on Sims who never had it.   I'm with Cathy though as I think it's only for when the green is so high it's at the bottleneck and glowing.   Maybe I'll pull myself away from my current distraction (coming soon thread) and get some tests done tonight.

anything