Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908641 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #675 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:52 PM »
Yes, I was aware of the rule about Edit Town not being used for any purposes other than placing EA-created lots but not that that couldn't be done after the start of the game.  If that's the case, I may have to restart ALL of them. :(

You mean all of your dynasties?   Since you did it in your Life States Dynasty to correct a known bug (serious lack of opportunities from combined rabbit holes), I'm ok with you continuing that one.   Please send a PM to me with the details about the other files you're referring to and I'll speak with Metro as soon as I can to get back to you about those files.   

Best I can do.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #676 on: October 16, 2012, 06:17:41 PM »
Thank you, Rica! I appreciate that.

For the other files, I had to think back and they're fine; I did it BEFORE the start of the game  with my DecaDynasty and Immortal Dynasty so I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of placing lots again. In my Life States folder, I don't mind not having Showtime venues or Late Night locales.
- Eisande

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #677 on: October 16, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »
Fairies can't do anything to help that. The Auras are skill boosters, except the soothing one, it's a positive moodlet. when you do get a witch, however, my tip will be of more use  ;)

Thanks Wiry, I will try out the auras a little more. Skill boosters are always convenient. And I'll have an heir marry a witch as soon as possible :)

Also thank you TheTripWasInfraGreen and Ricalynn. I didn't know the game could turn any sim into a witch. I will be on the lookout for it.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #678 on: October 16, 2012, 07:37:18 PM »
Is it ok if I place down single lots to? I seriously was not aware of this. Eek.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #679 on: October 16, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
Thanks Wiry, I will try out the auras a little more. Skill boosters are always convenient. And I'll have an heir marry a witch as soon as possible :)

Also thank you TheTripWasInfraGreen and Ricalynn. I didn't know the game could turn any sim into a witch. I will be on the lookout for it.

As long as you have them as allowed via the Population Controls, then they will appear at random.

Is it ok if I place down single lots to? I seriously was not aware of this. Eek.

Did you place them before or after your founder purchased their property?  Did you do them in addition to the combined rabbit holes or did you replace combined rabbit holes with single lots?  I need more details.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #680 on: October 16, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
I guess it was finally my turn to encounter a relationship bug. And I think supernatural made it worse. My sim was suddenly romantic interests with her workmate. All I sent her to do was trade kitchen secrets! My only guess is that someone cast a love spell or something on her workmate, and she was the unlucky sim to next talk to her. Unlucky, because she already has a boyfriend! Does clean slate LTR remove boyfriend status? Or just romantic interests?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #681 on: October 16, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »
Thanks to both of you, I will do that.
I don't have a witch yet (obviously...) but I do have a fairy. Anything she can do to help? I am not sure what the aura's have for effect to be honest.

There is one witch available in town, but that's a women and so is my heir so I need a male witch. Or am I missing something and can 2 female sims also make a baby? (you never know...) Never tried it lol

Yeah, and fairies live practically forever, so you can wait a long time, no problem. My Founder's spouse was a Child at start of game. Boy, that sounds creepy.

Is there some kind of tips board for the Life States Dynasty? I know there is one for the Immortal Dynasty and legacies.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #682 on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:58 PM »
I guess it was finally my turn to encounter a relationship bug. And I think supernatural made it worse. My sim was suddenly romantic interests with her workmate. All I sent her to do was trade kitchen secrets! My only guess is that someone cast a love spell or something on her workmate, and she was the unlucky sim to next talk to her. Unlucky, because she already has a boyfriend! Does clean slate LTR remove boyfriend status? Or just romantic interests?

Clean Slate doesn't remove the status - you still have to break up with them.  It just removes all the relationship information that is stored in the scrapbook about that person with other people. 

Yeah, and fairies live practically forever, so you can wait a long time, no problem. My Founder's spouse was a Child at start of game. Boy, that sounds creepy.

Is there some kind of tips board for the Life States Dynasty? I know there is one for the Immortal Dynasty and legacies.

Not yet but there are a lot of people only on generation 1 or 2 so it's hard to say how many people would have tips regarding this dynasty type. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #683 on: October 16, 2012, 09:46:26 PM »
Would it be okay for me to start one? I find it easier to remember things as I go along rather than at the end.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #684 on: October 16, 2012, 09:47:19 PM »
Would it be okay for me to start one? I find it easier to remember things as I go along rather than at the end.

No but that's because there is already one available now.  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #685 on: October 16, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
Oh, okay cool! I'll go check it out.

By samoht04

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #686 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »

Yep that sounds like a love charm.  Tricky witches.

I don't think there's any way to tell if someone has it on them before you talk to them either  :-\

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #687 on: October 16, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »
Just throw cure potions at the feet of everyone you know.  Tell them that it's the new way to greet each other straight from Union Cove. ;D

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #688 on: October 16, 2012, 10:33:11 PM »
Clean Slate doesn't remove the status - you still have to break up with them.  It just removes all the relationship information that is stored in the scrapbook about that person with other people. 

I just used this on my gen 3 when he got rid of his prom girlfriend. I wanted an older spouse so she wouldn't be around as long, the prom girlfriend had awful traits and I wanted to get the eternally faithful moodlet. He broke up with the first girl then did the Clean Slate. It dropped the romantic interest part with the new girl as well as the relationship info. I tried again with his new girlfriend that I had picked out. It dropped the relationship back to friends for her two prior romantic relationships. I had never used this reward before and now I'm going to use it quite a bit, I think.

Now I have to test if it removes the status if it's higher than romantic interest.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #689 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »
Can you give a link to the tips thread or point me in the right direction?
Jaymi