Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 912857 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #750 on: October 20, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »
Hopefully that fixes it for you.  Let us know if you still have issues.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #751 on: October 20, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
Ok, question.

Ghost Potions made by the chemistry table - are those considered life state changing elixirs or no? Since they do change the life state, but only temporarily and not permanently like the alchemy station does.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #752 on: October 20, 2012, 05:55:20 PM »
I thought that mine may have caught the same bug. I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but my other sim sunk into the ground this time and had no face on his portrait. So I promptly sent him to bed to get him out of the ground, and a little while later his face came back. Fingers crossed it's not permanently borked! Interestingly enough, they were both fairies.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #753 on: October 20, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »
Ok, question.

Ghost Potions made by the chemistry table - are those considered life state changing elixirs or no? Since they do change the life state, but only temporarily and not permanently like the alchemy station does.

Right...because it's not permanent and because the rules specifically state elixirs and not potions, you're fine to use them.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #754 on: October 20, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
I thought that mine may have caught the same bug. I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but my other sim sunk into the ground this time and had no face on his portrait. So I promptly sent him to bed to get him out of the ground, and a little while later his face came back. Fingers crossed it's not permanently borked! Interestingly enough, they were both fairies.

This happens to me a lot.  Usually to witches.  Just have them change outfits and they will come back.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #755 on: October 20, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
May we move house and move back into our old house to get plants unstuck?

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #756 on: October 21, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »
I'm into the second generation. I started with a fairy, she completed all of her requirements before getting married and giving birth to the next heir. My founder is a gardener and so I used the gardening skill challenges, as well as the fishing skills and the Mushroom Collector skill for her six skill challenges. The problem that I am facing now, is that I was double checking the collection journal for her spouse, because I wasn't thinking about him hunting and I want to use those skill challenges as add-ons for other heirs. It is showing that he has the mushroom collector skill challenge completed. I know for a fact that he didn't have it when he married my founder, I checked for all of that. His hunts have only produced a couple of metals, gems and insects, no where close to having enough to complete a skill challenge, so he's done hunting for the duration of his lifetime. However, the 2nd generation twins are also showing that they have collected mushrooms, though they have not maxed the skill, but I believe that is because the founder no longer has all the mushroom types in her garden. Each time she harvests a mushroom the entire household is getting a memory notification. None of them have gone out collecting mushrooms on their own, and the garden is locked to only the founder having access. None of the other collection items are being recorded by anyone but the founders spouse, since he is the one who hunted them.

So what I need to know is if I need to restart or is this going to be considered a glitch and I can carry on? If I had known it was going to happen I would have removed all the mushrooms from the garden before getting my founder hitched, lol.
Jaymi

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #757 on: October 21, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »
May we move house and move back into our old house to get plants unstuck?

The less drastic option would be to put them in the clipboard first and then place them back down to see if that works.  Try that.  Moving is against the rules and I'd like to try that last if possible.

I'm into the second generation. I started with a fairy, she completed all of her requirements before getting married and giving birth to the next heir. My founder is a gardener and so I used the gardening skill challenges, as well as the fishing skills and the Mushroom Collector skill for her six skill challenges. The problem that I am facing now, is that I was double checking the collection journal for her spouse, because I wasn't thinking about him hunting and I want to use those skill challenges as add-ons for other heirs. It is showing that he has the mushroom collector skill challenge completed. I know for a fact that he didn't have it when he married my founder, I checked for all of that. His hunts have only produced a couple of metals, gems and insects, no where close to having enough to complete a skill challenge, so he's done hunting for the duration of his lifetime. However, the 2nd generation twins are also showing that they have collected mushrooms, though they have not maxed the skill, but I believe that is because the founder no longer has all the mushroom types in her garden. Each time she harvests a mushroom the entire household is getting a memory notification. None of them have gone out collecting mushrooms on their own, and the garden is locked to only the founder having access. None of the other collection items are being recorded by anyone but the founders spouse, since he is the one who hunted them.

So what I need to know is if I need to restart or is this going to be considered a glitch and I can carry on? If I had known it was going to happen I would have removed all the mushrooms from the garden before getting my founder hitched, lol.

This sounds like a horrible game glitch to me.  I'm going to say that you're ok.  Just make sure that none of the heirs go out and pick up the mushroom seeds or buy any at the elixir shop/grocery store. 

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #758 on: October 21, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
Hopefully that fixes it for you.  Let us know if you still have issues.

I still have issues :'(

Several more saves back it seems as if I can play, but then I notice my founder resetting out of the blue again and when I save and load is the green box bug back... So I did some testing. Moving her to the clipboard and back made her dissapear. Moving everybody out and in made her dissapear too. So now I went even further back in saves (luckily I save a lot). A good test is trying to let her sleep, because that often triggers resetting her.  Now I noticed that when I click on the bed to have her (Tinker Bell) go to sleep I get the option "Sleep in the bed of Tinker". Isn't that weird? :-\ As if the game doesn't know Tinker is Tinker... Also the walls keep changing to completely down and I never put them that way. I did notice that before, but it is not a game breaker so I just continued playing but now I think maybe that was the first sign of all problems following...
I think I keep going back in saves till I find the most recent one without bugs. If anyone has a better idea, please let me know!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #759 on: October 21, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
This sounds like a horrible game glitch to me.  I'm going to say that you're ok.  Just make sure that none of the heirs go out and pick up the mushroom seeds or buy any at the elixir shop/grocery store.

Thanks Rica! I removed the mushrooms from her garden last night, hoping I would not have to do a complete restart. None of the other family members will be harvesting so much as a tomato plant, and all collecting will be strictly controlled. My were's will have to gain their levels in another way.
Jaymi

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #760 on: October 21, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »
My apologies if the questions have been asked before.

1. May I complete any opportunities after my initial 3, but not make them 'count'?

2. If all other requirements are complete and in place, may I use the 'Have a baby' 5k wish as my 5th wish?

Lynette

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #761 on: October 21, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
My apologies if the questions have been asked before.

1. May I complete any opportunities after my initial 3, but not make them 'count'?

2. If all other requirements are complete and in place, may I use the 'Have a baby' 5k wish as my 5th wish?

Lynette

You can complete other opportunities, just remember they need to remain unique for other heirs so be careful to not do any that another generation might need for their requirements.

If the have a baby wish is the absolute last one you need than yes, it would count as long as BF status and everything else is done/current as of the birth.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #762 on: October 21, 2012, 05:41:28 PM »
Can we bulldoze combined rabbithole community lots to avoid getting opportunities that can't be completed? Despite adding an additional science lab and hospital, my sim child with the IF opportunity still could not complete it. {because the opportunity came from the combined rabbithole}

I've just been through all my EA towns and UC to find ones that will fit best in Moonlight Falls.

School: Hidden Springs
Stadium: Union Cove
Townhall: Hidden Springs
Military: Sunset Valley
Police: Sunset Valley
Business: Hidden Springs/Barnacle Bay
Bistro: Barnacle Bay
Grocery: Barnacle Bay
Spa: Twinbrook
Diner: Union Cove
Bookstore: Barnacle Bay
Theatre: Barnacle Bay
Criminal: Lucky Palms
Science: Sunset Valley
Hospital: Hidden Springs

The key was finding two lots to fit the two custom sized lots in MF, and then standard sized lots for everything else. If you're ok with a few minor changes (blend terrain paint, replace a few trees with 'native' ones) I can upload a save when I'm done {to share}, otherwise I will leave it as is.
That is, a brand new town for a new game. I had too many bugs and hadn't got all that far (1st heir) so I figured I'd try to make a new town.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #763 on: October 21, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »
As far as I know, custom towns are not allowed. I don't know how that applies to this situation.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #764 on: October 21, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »
Dynasty players cannot remove any of the original buildings or lots that come with an EA town.  You can only add to the town. 

We should not have to look at the road map to know what town you are playing, it should be apparent based on rabbit holes and community lots.  This is why we don't allow you to get rid of parks and things to place lots either.  MF is notoriously bad right now with it's 9 small parks that aren't empty lots (so you can't replace them) and it's combined rabbit holes.   

Using Edit town to blend terrain and everything else is also not an authorized use of Edit Town outside of doing it once you own the property. 

You replacing everything means it's not Moonlight Falls.  It's Chuckles Falls and Chuckles Falls is not an authorized town to do a dynasty in.   The choice of town is all part of the strategy in playing these challenges.  Yes it sucks that there is a glitch right now causing so many problems for certain towns but you don't have to play those towns.