Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908610 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #930 on: November 01, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »
I was looking at the list of wishes worth 5,000+, and I didn't see any for the Private Investigator profession. Was it just missing from the list, or are there really no big wishes for it?
There's the wish to reach level 10 (and possibly a separate one to reach the top of the career).  There may also be a wish involving stakeouts - but they keep glitching in my game so I haven't pursued that one.  At a guess, it would be a wish to do 50 or 100 more.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #931 on: November 01, 2012, 02:35:42 PM »
But you cannot move them in until the heir is a YA and it has to be the heir that invites them in.   Remember that.  Can't be his mom, his sister, his father, his uncle or his monkey.  It has to be the heir. 

OK, so how does this work with my ghost family?  The founder is the only one with Oh My Ghost (so far), so she'd be responsible for spouses actually joining the family.  Does it count if the heir becomes good enough friends with their future spouse to be able to pick up their gravestone/urn, so that they could then be taken to the science lab?  The level of friendship needed seems to be similar to 'ask to move in' with a living Sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #932 on: November 01, 2012, 02:45:49 PM »
I have gotten the "Oh My Ghost" OP just from being on the same lot as a sim has died. My sim had no relationship at all with the sim that died. I got it twice in my first attempt. First time a zombie died on the home lot. The second time a paparazzi died on the home lot.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #933 on: November 01, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
I have gotten the "Oh My Ghost" OP just from being on the same lot as a sim has died. My sim had no relationship at all with the sim that died. I got it twice in my first attempt. First time a zombie died on the home lot. The second time a paparazzi died on the home lot.
It took weeks for my founder to get it - she saw several deaths, including her pet dog. and had several ghosts around the house (future spouse and various townies who'd died of old age and been collected from the mausoleum).  She finally got the opportunity after seeing three best friends die in quick succession.  Other Sims in other games have got it much more easily but it seems to be quite random.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #934 on: November 01, 2012, 03:05:43 PM »
Pistachio,in my life state dynasty managed to get the oh my ghost opp without actually knowing any dead people or even being around any dying Sims. I think she got it around week two of my dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #935 on: November 01, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »
A test sim (To see if I could feasibly do the Life state Dynasty), got the Opp on like day 3...  Quite random.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #936 on: November 01, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
Pistachio,in my life state dynasty managed to get the oh my ghost opp without actually knowing any dead people or even being around any dying Sims. I think she got it around week two of my dynasty.

Rachel

As I said, it seems to be quite random.  I think it took Ana 6 or 7 wseeks, even though I was doing everything I could to get it to roll.  In fact, she was already very pregnant with the gen 2 heir when she got the call.  My point was that you can't rely on it - which means that I'd either have to have an all-female line, so that they could produce the next heir with a ghost who's still in an urn most of the time (as Ana did), or keep male heirs around for as long as it takes to get the opportunity, which could lead to a very long and boring game.

I've just been doing some testing and I'm virtually certain that the relationship requirements for 'pick up grave' and 'ask to move in' are the same - at the high end of 'friend'.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #937 on: November 01, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »
As I said, it seems to be quite random.  I think it took Ana 6 or 7 wseeks, even though I was doing everything I could to get it to roll.  In fact, she was already very pregnant with the gen 2 heir when she got the call.  My point was that you can't rely on it - which means that I'd either have to have an all-female line, so that they could produce the next heir with a ghost who's still in an urn most of the time (as Ana did), or keep male heirs around for as long as it takes to get the opportunity, which could lead to a very long and boring game.

I've just been doing some testing and I'm virtually certain that the relationship requirements for 'pick up grave' and 'ask to move in' are the same - at the high end of 'friend'.

Do you not have Supernatural?   Supernatural's Philosopher Stone would certainly help. 

However, Metro has been saying from the beginning that he wanted it known that only the heir (who is of marriageable age) could invite the spouse into the house.   Rachel almost failed her attempt because of that very fact.   Ever since it's been clearly stated in the rules. He won't budge on this because he feels this has to remain clear. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #938 on: November 01, 2012, 05:46:11 PM »
Anyone can use the Stone, so that would allow you to bind any ghost without even meeting them.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #939 on: November 01, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »
Do you not have Supernatural?   Supernatural's Philosopher Stone would certainly help. 

However, Metro has been saying from the beginning that he wanted it known that only the heir (who is of marriageable age) could invite the spouse into the house.   Rachel almost failed her attempt because of that very fact.   Ever since it's been clearly stated in the rules. He won't budge on this because he feels this has to remain clear.

No, I don't have Supernatural - hence the ghosts.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #940 on: November 01, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »
I've been having some problems with my game file recently, and I was hoping I could get some opinions/suggestions as to how to fix them..

So, things were going great -- Andy maxed her career, became besties with Christopher Steel (he's a fairy in my game, which just feels strangely appropriate), moved in her spouse-to-be (waiting for the weekend to come so I can throw her a bachelorette party and then get them hitched, so right now they're just living in sin ::)), and I was just getting ready to send off the soon-to-be Mister to China to go get supplies for her Martial Arts skill, when Andy went invisible.

Well, first she went nude after her shower, and the next day when she woke up she was invisible. I can still interact with her, and her little wings and plumbob are visible, but she's invisible and her profile picture is just a green box. I tried changing her clothes and sending her to work and making her shower and everything else I can think of, but she's still playing the Invisible Woman on me.

She's also been having an issue where the criminal warehouse won't acknowledge that she's actually at work, and is getting confused as to which days she's supposed to work. Her off days are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but for some reason on Thursday her job performance meter fell drastically into the red. No car came for her, no popup saying a car would come for her came up, and when I noticed what was happening and tried to send her to work anyway, a popup told me it wasn't her work hours. And on the days when she's supposed to work, I send her on time (sometimes even early) but it keeps saying that she's "Going to Work" for three or four hours, leaving only an hour or so of productivity. Luckily her job performance doesn't decrease when that happens, but it took me nearly a week longer to max her career than it should have.

I've actually never had either of these particular glitches before, so I'm not sure how to deal with them. I've already tried clearing my cache, but that didn't fix anything. I do seem to remember reading that if you go to Edit Town and briefly move a Sim out and then right back in that it'll fix itself, but a) I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly and b) I obviously don't want to do anything without permission.

If I can't fix the problems I'll just go back to a previous save and hope for the best, but I only have two previous saves. The closest one is glitching as well, and the other is from way back at level 5 or 6 of her career whoops, now this one won't even load. It keeps giving me an error and telling me I should restart.

Oh, and I have no custom content or mods, so it's a game glitch as far as I know.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #941 on: November 01, 2012, 07:14:39 PM »
First step I would recommend is to do a resetsim (achieved by resetsim Andy Whateverherlastnameis in the ctrl+shift+c panel). Moving a sim to the clipboard, then back can potentially fix an issue, but definitely make sure you have the ok first.

As for the job thing, another potential fix if resetsim doesn't work is to have her quit, and then immediately rejoin the career. It may start her at a lower level than she was when she quit, however.

Beyond that, anything else I can think of would definitely require permission.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #942 on: November 01, 2012, 07:22:37 PM »
First step I would recommend is to do a resetsim (achieved by resetsim Andy Whateverherlastnameis in the ctrl+shift+c panel). Moving a sim to the clipboard, then back can potentially fix an issue, but definitely make sure you have the ok first.

As for the job thing, another potential fix if resetsim doesn't work is to have her quit, and then immediately rejoin the career. It may start her at a lower level than she was when she quit, however.

Beyond that, anything else I can think of would definitely require permission.

Yeah, I tried ResetSim already but it didn't work. I'll try fiddling around with wardrobe changes and stuff until it eventually works or I get some sort of permission. :-\

I will try making her quit, though. Her original LTW is for Emperor of Evil anyway, so I might as well use this opportunity to max out that side too. (She's a Master Thief at the moment.)

Thanks. :)

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #943 on: November 01, 2012, 07:24:13 PM »
The vampire spouse in my dynasty had the same problem with the Emperor of Evil branch of the criminal career track.  I looked it up when I was having the problem and it seems to be a known issue that EA still hasn't fixed.

I just had to ignore what showed were his work/off days, and instead pay careful attention to the "Starts In..." time.  Then when it's time you have to click the "Go to Work" button manually since no car will come on the bugged days.  It's annoying having to do this, but at least you wont lose work performance.  As soon as he reached the top I had him quit that career!

As for invisible fairies, I think I've read about people fixing it by having them change clothes?

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #944 on: November 01, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »
The vampire spouse in my dynasty had the same problem with the Emperor of Evil branch of the criminal career track.  I looked it up when I was having the problem and it seems to be a known issue that EA still hasn't fixed.

I just had to ignore what showed were his work/off days, and instead pay careful attention to the "Starts In..." time.  Then when it's time you have to click the "Go to Work" button manually since no car will come on the bugged days.  It's annoying having to do this, but at least you wont lose work performance.  As soon as he reached the top I had him quit that career!

As for invisible fairies, I think I've read about people fixing it by having them change clothes?

Ugh, I almost never play criminals so I had no idea, but that's incredibly annoying. I may have her join another career later then after Gen 2 comes around, because I don't know if I can handle dealing with that for seven generations.

Yeah, I tried that initially and it didn't work, but I just tried it again and now all of a sudden it does.  >:( It seems to be her work uniform that's causing problems, so I added a new career outfit and that seems to have fixed things for now.

anything