Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898217 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty

Goal: Begin your Dynasty with a Young Adult Sim. To make it into the Hall of Fame, you will need to have 7 unique life states accomplish 7 tasks and all living under one roof. So, what kind of state will this challenge put you in? ;)

Setting up Your File + General Rules
• Always play with the most current EA patch.
• Create a Young Adult Sim of any life state in Create-a-Sim (click the dice only once for random traits) and place him/her in any fresh EA designed neighborhood. The Forum’s Union Cove is also acceptable.
• Into the Future currently has a bug and will need to be turned off to receive skill opportunities. You can uninstall ITF using Sim Selector 3.0 or the old fashioned way using EA's uninstaller. You can also elect to play with ITF installed but will not receive many phone calls for opportunities.
• You must start on an empty lot and have at least 7,000 simoleans remaining. This lot cannot be a houseboat. Before you begin playing, use the family funds cheat to bring your funds to exactly 7,000 simoleans. You may never move.
   ○ Press Control+Shift+C (PC) or Command+Shift+C (Mac) to open to cheats panel (screen will gray)
   ○ Type testingcheatsenabled true, then Return/Enter
   ○ Type familyfunds [Nameofhousehold] 7000, then Return/Enter
   ○ Type testingcheatsenabled false, then Return/Enter 
• Your Lifetime Wish for your founder must be selected from one of the five Lifetime Wishes initially offered. If you are going to change life state after rolling for traits, your LTW is to be the last thing chosen before leaving CAS.
• Game Options: Length—Normal; Aging—On; Story Progression—On; Freewill—High; Lunar Cycle—Player's Choice; Population Controls—Player's Choice; Disabling Memories—Player's Choice; Season Length & Weather—Player's Choice.
• All changes to Edit Town must be completed before you place your founder.  Additional changes can be made only if given permission due to game glitch or if a new expansion has been released.  See FAQ post for extensive coverage of the ins & outs of Edit Town.
• If any standard EA designed buildings are missing from your town you are free to use Edit Town to place these. You may also have some liberty with Edit Town by juggling empty lots — i.e. changing 2 small empty lots to 1 larger one, or vice versa.
• If your town library is missing the skill books, you may use Edit Town to place Book Corrals in the library. 
• In general, all cheats are banned. If you have a stuck Sim and need to reset him/her, go ahead and use the cheat. Building cheats and ones used for screenshots are fine, too. Anything that does not give you some kind of advantage is probably going to be okay. If in doubt — ask. Be specific as to what the cheat is used for. Exiting without saving to avoid an unfortunate event is considered cheating.
• All mods are banned. The single exception would be a mod that allows you to turn off all mods for your Dynasty file. Occasionally a player’s file becomes so corrupt and bloated over time that a mod may be an answer, but do not ever assume you have the green light to use a mod as a fix. I need to know the situation before making the final call.
• Life state changing Elixirs are banned.
• Mermadic Kelp cannot be purchased as a Lifetime Happiness Reward (asking for it after befriending a mermaid is fine).
• The Wishing Well Sims 3 Store Item is banned.
• You may only kill to create a ghost and this is crucial — it has to be freewill on your Sim’s part that kills them. You cannot directly instruct them to do an action resulting in their death. Here’s an example: you can set up a situation where there is a puddle of water near a broken electrical appliance, BUT you cannot tell the Sim to fix the appliance. They have to do it themselves.
• SimBots may be obtained from Inventing Skill only, and must immediately be released into the wild.  SimBots from lifetime reward (My Best Friend) are banned.  Plumbots are banned.
• Heirs cannot become PlantSims but spares can at anytime and spouses only after the next heir has been born.
• Mermaids are not allowed to count scuba diving skill challenges.
• Aliens are not allowed to count advanced technology skill challenges.
• Children that result from your Sim being abducted must be returned to their homeworld at the end of the pregnancy and may not become a member of the household.
• Your heirs are allowed a maximum of 49 days vacation.  You can use these days for vacation/University and/or Time Travel. You gain 7 days at the birth of every new generation. Spouses & spares have no vacation restrictions.  For more information about this change see this post.

Your Life States Dynasty Household
Your ultimate goal is to have 7 unique life states in your household all of which have completed the 7 necessary requirements. So, when #7 has completed the 7 requirements, you are done.

All 7 generations must be unique life states at the end of the challenge. Here are the qualifying life states that may reside in your household:

• Normal Sim
• Grey Ghost (died of old age)
• Blue Ghost (died of drowning)
• Yellow Ghost (died of electrocution)
• Orange Ghost (died by fire)
• Magenta Ghost (died by starvation)
• Gray/Opaque Ghost (died from Mummy’s curse)
• Dark Orange Ghost (died from meteor)
• Dark Crimson Ghost (vampire dying from thirst)
• Smoky or Invisible Ghost (died during Buried Alive/Box of Danger trick)
• Cobalt Ghost (died during Watery Grave/Box of Danger trick)
• Gold/Gilded Ghost (died from Philosopher’s Stone)
• Green Ghost (died from the Haunting Curse)
• Glowing Purple Ghost (died from Jelly Bean Bush)
• White and Bright Blue Ghost (frozen to death)
• Neon Green Ghost (Death by ranting) *restricted to only usable on a founder from CAS*
• Muted Red Ghost (death by Blunt Force Trauma)
• Purple and Pink Ghost (death by shark)
• Sea Green Ghost (death by drowning while diving)
• Yellow Ghost (mermaid death by dehydration)
• Golden/Clear Ghost (Death by Time Anomaly)
• Red/Golden Ghost (Death by Falling from the Sky)
• Blue Striped Ghost (Future Urnstone Hologram)
• Vampire
• Imaginary Friend
• Genie
• Werewolf
• Fairy
• Witch
• Alien
• Mermaid

Adding to the Household
• Your founder must bring in a spouse/partner to Try for Baby (adoption and genetic engineering is not allowed) resulting in a different life state child than the founder. Generation #2 would then eventually need to bring in a different life state spouse/partner after they reach marriageable age to Try for Baby and produce a different life state for generation #3. And on and on until generation #7 has finished his/her requirements. The heir has to come from the first birth that results in a life state that is different from previous heirs. In the case of twins/triplets of a different life state, you are free to choose the heir. You are also free to keep trying until you get an heir that is a different life state. No limit on the amount of spares allowed into the house as long as the current and former heirs never leave.  No other Sims are allowed to enter the house beyond spouses and spares. 

• Spouses/partners' traits must be taken as is. In other words, if you bring Grumpy old Gunther Goth into your household, his traits stay as is, as well as his lifetime wish. Each heir is only allowed one spouse/partner to live in the house with them. Once you've made your choice, that spouse is the one the heir needs to come from. For heirs raised from birth where you have the option to pick traits and a Lifetime Wish, everything must be random.  All infants born into your game must be given two random traits at birth until the heir is born.  You must accept the first dice roll and you can only choose a Lifetime Wish from whatever the game offers you. No Mid-Life Crisis LTR, no trait-changing elixirs and no Change Lifetime Wish for heirs and spouses only.  Spares can have any traits or Lifetime Wish that the player chooses past the infant stage.  Extra traits gained from social groups & degrees must be randomly rolled for heirs & spouses with no restrictions for spares. 

Heirs #2-#7 have 7 childhood goals they must attain. Important: After achieving ALL tasks in a given stage, you are allowed to use a birthday cake to age up a child.

Toddler
** Reach level 3 in two skills through the use of books, peg box, or xylophone (xylophone only counts for one skill)
** Be Best Friends with both parents

Child
** Get on the Honor Roll,1. The heir must get on the honor roll in grade school and high school.(with the Seasons expansion pack children get an extra day off school it is the challenge boards staff recommendation that you time pregnancies and birthdays so that the heir ages up on a Weekend so as to get more days at school)
** Complete 1 opportunity (does not need to be unique)

Teen
** Get on the Honor Roll
** Have 1 Romantic Interest
** Reach level 3 in the Cemetery Worker part-time job

Spouses/partners of heirs are free to come and go in the Dynasty house, as well as spares that did not turn out to be a different life state. However, heirs cannot be moved out. You may not bring in a new heir until the current heir accomplishes the 7 key things listed below. Important: these must all be in place concurrently when it’s time to add an heir.

7 Requirements for Adding an Heir:

1). Have 1 Best Friend that is not a household member and is a non-Normal life state (i.e. vampire, stray animal, ghost). This Best Friend must be unique to the qualifying heir and not a Best Friend to any other household member.
2). Attain 2 different career/profession placeable reward objects. These can be from a rabbit-hole career, a self-employment career, or a profession. Qualifying objects would be things like skill certificates directly tied to a career/profession, objects like the Police Cruiser, Director’s Chair, and Uber Fridge from the Culinary Career; and Service Rewards. These 2 career/profession rewards must be unique to the qualifying heir.  (MarianT provides an excellent list of careers and their rewards here)
3). Complete 3 unique opportunities. As long as one word in the title of an opportunity is different, then it qualifies as unique. These cannot be opportunities from school or after-school activities.
4). Purchase 4 unique Lifetime Happiness Rewards. No other heirs may purchase these.
5). Fulfill 5 unique regular wishes. These wishes need to award at least 5,000 happiness points each. Like the opportunities, as long as one word in the title of the wish is different, then you’re fine. (Member hazelnut has given a great list of these types of wishes here)
6). Complete 6 unique Skill Challenges. All skill challenges qualify. Some skills, such as painting and writing, only have 3 skill challenges available, so for some heirs you will probably need to develop 2 different skills to accomplish 6 skill challenges. (Big Thanks to Odie for giving us a skill challenge list here)
7). Add 7 items of a given type (i.e. all photos or all paintings) to the Family Mausoleum. These 7 items must be the product of a skill of the current heir (i.e. a painting, sculpture, photograph, invention, nectar bottle). Each generation’s objects must be a different type than other generations’ type of objects. (List of items - thank you to Ratchie and Teresa for helping get all the items together)

**Extending Life** Anything that lengthens life for heirs is forbidden— eating Life Fruit, Ambrosia, make-overs, tattoos, plastic surgery, mud baths, elixirs, Hibernation Chamber, drinking soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk set, and drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs). Once all requirements are completed, then you are free to use whatever methods you wish to extend an heir's life. All 7 life states must be alive at the end of the dynasty. Non-heir household members are not tied to these restrictions except for one.  The Genie wish to extend long life cannot be used by either parent until an heir is born.

Finishing Up
You’re done when your 7th Life State has accomplished all 7 child requirements and all 7 heir addition requirements. Congratulations! You made it into the Dynasty Hall of Fame. Send me a private message with a screenshot of all 7 life states, and the finishing Week/Day on the game clock.

Here’s a helpful spreadsheet from Pam to keep everyone organized:

Life State Dynasty Spreadsheet

Good luck, everyone.

Please be aware that the game is constantly changing.  All Dynasty rules are subject to change and  have clarifications made as information is gathered over time.  All changes to the rules will be noted with a date change at the bottom of the rules page as well as details given within the dynasty thread.   Dynasty players are expected to keep up with these changes on their own as part of playing the challenge.  If there is a rule clarification and you break that rule, there is no guarantee a second chance will be given by the Challenge Board team.

Rules Last Edited on: 09/25/2014

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty FAQ
Below you'll find a list of all the questions that seem to come up more frequently than others.  Please make sure that the answer to your question isn't here before asking for clarification.

Am I allowed to change the life state of my sim's spouse so I can use the Sim I want and get a new life state that I need?
 -- Yes but only if you do it through legitimate means.  You are not allowed to change a spouse's life state using life state changing elixirs.  Spares also have no restriction on their ability to change life state.

When I started my Life States dynasty, I chose to have the complete moon cycle. Now the zombies are starting to annoy me, am I allowed to change to just one moon all the time?
 -- Negative.  The settings that you start the dynasty with are the ones you're going to need to keep until you're done.   This counts for both the lunar cycle and the population controls.

Is there a restriction against using the Ambitious trait or Wishing Enhancing Serum to get our unique wishes?
 -- Since all traits have to be random, there are no restrictions on what you can have.    As for the Wish Enhancing Serum, you cannot use it's boost to claim wishes that would normally be under 5000 LTHP. 

If I direct a Sim to do something with good intentions and that happens to result in their death, is the death invalidated?  Does it count as actively killing the Sims which is against the rules? (Example: Sculptor/Inventor catches fire but doesn't get put out, Death by Jelly Bean)
 -- The death itself was not intentional so therefore you're not breaking any rules.  You did however just get yourself a new life state to work with.

If the lot I want to choose is currently occupied by a community lot from a newer expansion, can I move it to another place in town? (Example: Equestrian Center on 15 Summerhill Court)
 -- Absolutely.

Do equestrian competition trophies count for the career rewards requirement?
 -- Yes.  If your Sim was a horseman, then they absolutely qualify. 

Some of the rewards you get for selling items as a self employed Sim look alike.  If you get one for fishing and it looks like the one from sculpting do they both still count?
 -- Posolutely Absitively (yes). Just because they look alike doesn't mean you got them for the same skill. As long as the reward came from two different self employment jobs, you're fine.

Do SimFest trophies count as career rewards even though they can received by all of the Showtime professions?
 -- Yes.  If you have more than one Sim in the showtime careers, try to get different ones from different locations so they are more unique since all of the statues look alike.

Do the challenges for collecting count as skill challenges?
 -- "All skill challenges qualify" means that any challenge in your skill journal counts towards the unique skill challenges.

Can no other heir complete the same skill challenge? (Example: There's one cooking skill challenge that is to prepare 50 meals and another for 75.)
 -- All skill challenges need to be unique which means only one heir can complete each one.  In order to complete the 75 means challenge, the second heir would complete the 50 one as well therefore making it no longer unique.

In this challenge can one heir claim something, but another heir do it as well for another reason as long as they don't claim it?
 -- In the Life States Dynasty, there is no claiming or not claiming.  There is only do or do not.  (look at me I've turned into yoda  :o)  Here's a simplified way of looking at the adult requirements:
Unique Best Friend - this person should probably never meet anyone else in your house ever.  No one else in your house under any circumstances should ever reach best friend status with this person so if you have celebrity Sims with charisma skill challenges & the attractive LTR - hide your friend in a closet and never let them visit the house.
Unique career rewards -  no else gets these but one person.  If you use a skill certificate, that means no other heir can max that skill.
Unique Opportunities - only one heir can do accept and finish this.
Unique LTRs - only one heir can have bought the LTR ever.
Unique wishes - Only one heir can accept and complete these wishes.  That means if you want to use Have First Child wish with one heir.  Never ever accept that wish for another heir.  It is not allowed to be completed until you get to the heir that you want to use that wish for.
Unique skill challenges  - Only one heir can have these done so if you want to use the collecting skill challenges only one heir should ever pick up beetles so none of the others have the chance to nullify his/her requirement
Unique items in mausoleum - Go ahead and plan to do these with skills that only one heir will ever learn.  It will make things more simple.  You don't have to but it will help with some of the other requirements if only the heir knows this skill (skill challenges, career reward, wishes )

If the spouse dies before the heir is born/reaches toddler stage, does that mean I only need to be best friends with the living parent?
 --  No. The requirement states needing to be best friends with both parents and that means alive or dead.  Otherwise, players could use the only having one living parent to their advantage to make the requirements easier for themselves over time.

If I fail an attempt can I use the same founder but change the LTW?
 -- No.  If you want to use the same founder, you need keep everything the exact same as the original attempt.   A founder/heir's Lifetime Wish isn't a requirement. 

Can I use an heir from my previous attempt as the founder of a new one?
 -- Yes.   As long as all traits were already rolled randomly in game, you can use an heir from a previous attempt.

Can a female spare become pregnant or get married?
 -- Yes & No.  A female spare can indeed get married as long as when you get them married they move out of the house into their spouse's home.   However, a female spare cannot become pregnant.  The rules state that the only Sims allowed to join a household can be spouses for heirs, heirs and spares.  Unborn children take up a household space that cannot be filled by anyone else so it would essentially be adding to the household which is against the rules.

Can I place Sims from another EA town into my dynasty town?
 -- Absolutely not. The only Sims allowed to be added in dynasties are founders for the Immortal Dynasty and Life States Dynasty. A player should only be using Edit town for placing lots that are missing due to expansions or for placing skills books that are missing from a town library.   Every other change you want to make to your town has to be done through buying real estate in game or with permission to fix something broken. 

Can I use Edit Town to replace the City Hall in Sunset Valley with the combination one from Bridgeport?
 --No. This is to be done on a case by case basis with approval from Metro, Ratchie, Pam or myself. Some rabbit holes can be replaced if there is a bug involved or to add something to the town. With the exception of empty lots, all other lots from a town must remain unchanged until such a time as your Sim family owns it and then makes changes via build mode.  If you want to combine rabbit holes just to create more room for other buildings, think of what buildings have no value to a dynasty.  Extra libraries, gyms, casinos and parks don't actually help with skills or requirements most of the time so if you still need room for lots that do help with requirements, think about trimming those down first.  Example of allowed replacements:  You can replace the stadium in Sunset Valley with the Binder Clips stadium from Starlight Shores because it's both a stadium and a big show venue. Or if you are experiencing the combined building bug - you can ask permission to replace the combined building with two separate rabbit holes.
Dynasties are about strategy and part of that strategy is the town you choose.   All towns should still look like themselves once you've left Edit Town to start playing your game.

Can I use the buildings from Union Cove in another town?
 -- Yes; however, Union Cove buildings are the only player made buildings that you are allowed to be placed in Edit Town.

When I get a new expansion, can I place the new buildings into my town or do I have to wait?
 -- You have to place the buildings at the exact moment you load up the game after you receive the expansion.  Sometimes the game will prompt you but not all of the lots someone may need/want are available at the time.  This is a one time deal so make sure you have everything ready before you play your dynasty again.

Am I allowed to choose an empty lot and place a rabbit hole on it to get access to the new career?
 -- No.  You are still not allowed to create your own lots from Edit Town.  If you wish to place the gypsy caravan, or any other rabbit hole from an expansion in your town, you have two choices.   If there is not a version of it in the community lot bin, you can save it to the bin from a new unaltered version of the expansion town or you can purchase a property in your dynasty game town and place the rabbit hole via the community objects category in build mode.    If you choose to purchase the property to place the item, that property will then be sold by the game so remember that if buying a property is part of your requirements.

Am I allowed to add graveyards from other towns to my town?
 -- Placing any lot with a dead Sim on it is banned unless the Sim is removed before the lot is played.  Adding dead Sims to a town they're not from is a lot like adding Sims which is also banned.

When I load up a new game, there are sometimes lots auto placed onto the empty lots the town came with.  Am I allowed to move them/delete them?
 -- As long as you are not removing any of the town's original community lots, yes you can delete or move them.  The equestrian center is on the dynasty lot when you start the game, yes you can delete it and move either the large one or small one to another lot in the town.   Do not place the equestrian center on top of a lot that was already there like the fishing hole between the Landgraabs & Altos.  If you don't want that Katy Perry BonBon park behind the police station, go ahead and remove it from the town.  If you need to place a 60x60 lot at the end of Pinochle Road for a studio but the junkyard is in the large 40x40 lot at the end, move the junkyard to another lot in order to place the new lot where you need to. 

Can I use the terrain tools to soften the terrain around a lot to give my sims access to a placed lot or to blend in placed lots with the surrounding world?
 -- Yes with limitations.   If sims can't get onto a lot near the science center without running around the military base four times, then yes go ahead and soften the terrain to allow access to the venue.   Even though none of the other terrain tools are advantageous in anyway, Edit Town is not to be used to make lots pretty.   They are only to be used on lots that your Sim doesn't own to correct routing issues with placed lots.

Can I change the lot type of a lot in town to something else?  Example: The Water Hole Juice Bar in Riverview to a Hangout or Recurve Strand in SV to a beach or Small Parks of Moonlight Falls to anything.
 -- The answer to this used to be a flat no.  With the introduction of Moonlight Falls and the small park situation, it was agreed upon that players can now change some lots.   Small parks & undesignated lots can now have their lot designation changed to one of these four choices only: Hangout, Beach, Big Park or Cat/Dog Park.  The reason for this is to allow players the ability to purchase these lots in game to place rabbit holes as needed or to give more options for real estate purchases.   You cannot delete these lots as per the rules but you can now purchase them which will allow you the ability to personalize placement of a few things you may not have been able to fit. Example: Changing a 64 x 64 small park in Moonlight Falls to a Big Park.   You can now purchase the Big Park and place a studio which needs at least 40 x 40 and one of the diners or the TL bistro since you still have room (if you wanted to).    For a thorough list of all lots that can be changed under this rule, please see this post.
Note: Because you have to place the Casino, the casino does not fall within the allowance of this policy.  It has to remain the same.

Can I place the festival lots made by the Gurus for Monte Vista and Dragon Valley?
 -- Yes.  These are considered official lots.   Please note that the Dragon Valley festival lot needs to be designated a festival ground in order to spawn festivals.   This is the only lot that you can place that is allowed to have it's designation changed.   No other lot placed by you can ever have it's designation changed.

Can I purchase a private lot/additional home for my family?
-- Yes.  However the lots you purchase cannot be placed by you and your family can never move to one of the new lots.

Can I use the new move town feature that allows my family to change neighborhoods
-- No.  This can only be done in extreme cases of needing to fix an issue with the game.

On 3/12/2013, the following rule change was made:

The following lots are the only lots allowed to be placed from a vacation world into a homeworld:  Phoenix Martial Arts Academy,  The Scholar's Garden,  Champ Les Sims Nectary, Keith's Komics, B's Bowlarama, The Grotto and Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop.

On 6/03/2013, the following ruling was made:

Players who wish to play in Union Cove have prior approval to demolish Metro's Mansion and Amberlea Manor.   Also, Velmoor De D'Onlyn is not allowed to enter the household or count as a best friend for the best friend requirement.   He doesn't age and therefore could be a huge advantage to someone.   

If you have already started a dynasty in UC and would like to demolish those two lots, you may do so.  However, if you've already started, you cannot place any new lots on the new empty spaces.

On 7/3/2013, the following rulings were made:

Hidden Islands - Go .. find them.  Have fun.  The rules for private lots do not change with the expansion.

Houseboats - If you want one, buy one. However, you cannot start on a houseboat. We're unsure of any problems this could have in the long haul.  They work the same as private lots. You can own private lots but you cannot move to one. Players are offered a one time chance to place an empty houseboat at a port in Edit Town but that's your only chance so make sure it's the size you want or you'll have to buy someone else's houseboat to destroy.

Resorts - If a player wishes to own a resort, that is their choice.  To get access to one players will need to either place a resort from Island Paradise or convert a private lot to a resort.  No new lots can be placed to be converted by you into a resort.  There is also no career associated with resorts.

Dive Lots -  Due to the fact that it's glitchy and requires lots of cheating, dive lots are not allowed to be placed in other worlds.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »
It all looks great! I am so tempted to start one of these but I know I should finish an Immortal Dynasty first.. But the urge is so strong!  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
I'll start this one as soon as my pc is up running again. My laptop can't handle sims anymore. :(

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
Wow, you guys! This all looks terrific! In a week I'll have SN too and I can hardly wait to start with this challenge! ;D

I do have some questions, if you don't mind:
* In Setting up you say: Press Command-Shift-C to open to cheats panel, but I assume you mean: Press Ctrl-Shift-C to open cheats panel ? (or is that the same?)
* What is the peg box?
* What do you mean exactly by "Have 1 romantic interest"? This may be harder to define for people (like me) playing the game in a different language.
* Does the toddler heir needs to stay best friends with both parents when becoming child, teen, etc?
* Can the 3 opportunities be completed at any age or does the heir have to be young adult for that?
* Is it by any chance possible you name some 5000+ wishes? I don't seem te get those too often... :-[
* By skill challenges, do you mean opportunities?

Sure hope you don't mind me asking! Thanks again! :)

Edit: Oh, wait. I think I know what you mean by skill challenges now... those are in the journal of each skill, right? (it is sometimes hard to understand everything straight away, when playing in a different language)

Another edit: And on that cool picture, what kind of ghost is the purple one with the blue hair?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »
I can answer some of your questions Odie:

A Peg Box is the Toddler Toy with the blocks that go in the holes that the toddlers bang in and gain logic skill from it.
A Romantic Interest is when a Sim gets a heart in the relationship panel, often after a First Kiss or Confess Attraction.
Skill Challenges are the extra challenges in the Skill Journals like in Painting there is one to paint 30 Paintings, 5 Masterpieces and 6 Brilliant Paintings. They are not opportunities they are the same challenges involved in the Supermax in the other Dynasties.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
Wow, you guys! This all looks terrific! In a week I'll have SN too and I can hardly wait to start with this challenge! ;D

I do have som questions, if you don't mind:
* In Setting up you say: Press Command-Shift-C to open to cheats panel, but I assume you mean: Press Ctrl-Shift-C to open cheats panel ? (or is that the same?)
* What is the peg box?
* What do you mean exactly by "Have 1 romantic interest". This may be harder to define for people (like me) playing the game in a different language.
* Does the toddler heir needs to stay best friends with both parents when becoming child, teen, etc?
* Can the 3 opportunities be completed at any age or does the heir have to be young adult for that?
* Is it by any chance possible you name some 5000+ wishes? I don't seem te get those too often... :-[
* By skill challenges, do you mean opportunities?

Sure hope you don't mind me asking! Thanks again! :)

*It's the same thing.  Command is for Macs and I'll make the distinction right now.
*The peg box is the toddler toy that they sit at on the floor and put pegs into their corresponding shape.  It's the toddler toy that raises the logic skill when they reach child's age.   
*Romantic Interest in the english version is the relationship step before boyfriend/girlfriend.  A romantic interest would have a heart under their name in the relationship panel.
*The toddler heir only has to be best friends as a toddler once they reach the child life stage or higher, that relationship doesn't have to be as high.
*The 3 opportunities can't be school opportunities or after school activity opportunities.  I only know of one opportunity that you can get before Young Adult that would possibly qualify other than the school ones prior to the Young Adult stage. 
*I will see if I can come up with some for you.  Some of the ones I know off the top of my head involve gaining skill levels, reaching the top of a career, and getting married to a certain someone.
*Skill challenges are found in the skill journal that tells you if you have supermaxed a skill.  An example would for the painting skill - there are 3 skill challenges: 1) 30 paintings, 2) 6 Brilliants & 3) 5 Masterpieces.   Attaining each of these levels will cause the text in the skill journal to darken and give you something in game.  The 30 paintings one makes you paint faster.  Painting 6 brilliants means you'll paint more brilliants and masterpieces.  And painting 5 masterpieces means that your paintings are now worth more.

Edit: Posted right after Samoht and we used the same example for skill challenges LOL

Edit 2:  Here is a picture of a ghost child playing at the peg box

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »
Thanks so much for the quick reply you both!
I have used the peg box many, many times, but I just never knew the English name for it. Silly I didn't figure it out actually. I just seemed like such a weird name to me that I thought it might be something interesting that I have never seen in game before and I was missing out on LOL

And the romantic interest I understand now. In Dutch that is called "hartendief", translated literally it would be "hearts-thief" ;)

I only know of one opportunity that you can get before Young Adult that would possibly qualify other than the school ones prior to the Young Adult stage. 
Any chance you can tell me that one?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »
I think I remember my teenager being able to get the special opportunity from the stadium by being in the amateur olympics. 

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 04:58:09 PM »
Ok, thanks!
And is gifting other simmers allowed, or should I not be asking that...?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 04:59:04 PM »
Gifting is allowed.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 05:57:43 PM »
Finishing Up and the Family Mausoleum

This is a really minor nitpick, but since the Mausoleum now has no value in scoring, perhaps it should be removed from this title? I would have brought this up in the Workbench thread, but I couldn't since it's in the Graveyard.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 07:04:40 PM »
This is a really minor nitpick, but since the Mausoleum now has no value in scoring, perhaps it should be removed from this title? I would have brought this up in the Workbench thread, but I couldn't since it's in the Graveyard.

Workbench is now in the graveyard because this is the official thread.  Technically the family mausoleum still exists because you have to put 7 items in it for your requirements but you're right.  It doesn't need to be a part of the header.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »
Just to make sure, adding new empty lots with the world editor is okay by the rules? Maybe I'm just getting paranoid.

Can't wait to start this, by the way.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »
Just to make sure, adding new empty lots with the world editor is okay by the rules? Maybe I'm just getting paranoid.

Can't wait to start this, by the way.

• If any standard EA designed buildings are missing from your town you are free to use Edit Town to place these. You may also have some liberty with Edit Town by juggling empty lots — i.e. changing 2 small empty lots to 1 larger one, or vice versa.