Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 905415 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »
I have a quick question: for the two unique career/reward items would the reward certificate for mastering Gardening + the Gardener Trophy be sufficient? It'll be unique - no other heir will even touch a plant. Sorry if this has been asked!

If your Sim is completing the gardening career then it counts for their two career rewards. Marian T provided a list of suitable careers and their rewards here. the list is also linked in the first post of this thread.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »
If your Sim is completing the gardening career then it counts for their two career rewards. Marian T provided a list of suitable careers and their rewards here. the list is also linked in the first post of this thread.

Rachel

Yes, he (Llyr Fayh) is. Thanks! I've bookmarked that particular post, for future reference.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »
Anyone know a way to spawn the Max Logic Wish? Rabbit has a full bar but has yet to max Logic and I'm waiting desperately for this Wish because it's delaying everything else.. Lol.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »
I wish I knew Samoht,Pistachio has almost maxed logic and just will not pop up the wish to max logic. The wishes to max athletics and photography came up no problem. I only need one more wish to complete the 5 so far I have had Marry Tristan,Max athletics,Max photography,Reach level ten of criminal career and I need one more. I suppose I could use have first child but she won't wish for that either.

Rachel

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
I wish I knew Samoht,Pistachio has almost maxed logic and just will not pop up the wish to max logic. The wishes to max athletics and photography came up no problem. I only need one more wish to complete the 5 so far I have had Marry Tristan,Max athletics,Max photography,Reach level ten of criminal career and I need one more. I suppose I could use have first child but she won't wish for that either.

Rachel

Hmm, this will be her first if it appears. Her Spouse is moved in but isn't even friends with her yet (Idiot tried to tell a Sim with No Sense of Humour a joke..)  ::) . She will have her Career Rewards done once she has maxed Logic though. Currently she has neither due to my game crashing and hopefully I saved after Franco hunted some tiberium.  :P

Just wondering but since this is looking to not be going very quickly. If Rabbit becomes an Elder before she completes all her Requirements can she use a Young Again potion to be able to breed or does it have to be done before the Elderhood?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »
Completing all the tasks gives the heir/founder the right to use the young again potion.

Rachel

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2012, 02:11:09 PM »
Completing all the tasks gives the heir/founder the right to use the young again potion.

Rachel

That takes a weight off my shoulders!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2012, 03:09:07 PM »
Anyone know a way to spawn the Max Logic Wish? Rabbit has a full bar but has yet to max Logic and I'm waiting desperately for this Wish because it's delaying everything else.. Lol.  :P

The only way I was able to force Artie to get it was when he hit level 10 of his career it popped.

Just wondering but since this is looking to not be going very quickly. If Rabbit becomes an Elder before she completes all her Requirements can she use a Young Again potion to be able to breed or does it have to be done before the Elderhood?

This is covered in the rules under the "Extending Life" portion at the bottom for anyone else who reads this. 

Yes, he (Llyr Fayh) is. Thanks! I've bookmarked that particular post, for future reference.  :)

Don't have to bookmark it - there is a link to it from the rules which change sometimes so you should always double check them whenever you have a question.   There is a reason I asked Metro if I could put in a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) post so that you always know to double check the post before asking a question.

If there is something that you think should be in the FAQ and isn't there, just PM me to tell me and I'll look into getting it there right away. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2012, 04:45:11 PM »
Thanks for all the info and tips!
I am gonna try this challenge too. Although I just got SN and I have not played with any of it yet plus I am afraid I'll fail, but at least I have tried then, right? :D
I just rolled the dice for the traits and got: natural born performer, excitable, unlucky, star quality and loser...! I really, really wanted to roll the dice again... but I didn't. Maybe it will be fun to play a sim like that. ;)

Anyway, I was wondering... is there a list with all possible skill challenges maybe?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
Thanks for all the info and tips!
I am gonna try this challenge too. Although I just got SN and I have not played with any of it yet plus I am afraid I'll fail, but at least I have tried then, right? :D
I just rolled the dice for the traits and got: natural born performer, excitable, unlucky, star quality and loser...! I really, really wanted to roll the dice again... but I didn't. Maybe it will be fun to play a sim like that. ;)

Anyway, I was wondering... is there a list with all possible skill challenges maybe?

The skill challenges can be found on the skill pages as a part of Carl's Guides.   They are the text that can be found in the skill journal that you can complete to get new advantages.  Like the athletic has three skill challenges - 1 to not be fatigued when you do strength workouts, 1 to not be fatigued when you do cardio workouts and the last one may help you live longer.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »
The skill challenges can be found on the skill pages as a part of Carl's Guides.   They are the text that can be found in the skill journal that you can complete to get new advantages.  Like the athletic has three skill challenges - 1 to not be fatigued when you do strength workouts, 1 to not be fatigued when you do cardio workouts and the last one may help you live longer.
Thanks for your quick answer!
Yes I know that, but I was just wondering if somebody had put a list together of all possible skill challenges. That would make it easier for the planning. Maybe I'll make one myself then. If anyone else is interested, just let me know.

Another question: is it allowed to have the death flower in the inventory?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »
After your heir has completed all the requirements, you may keep a death flower or use other life-extending techniques.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2012, 06:07:39 PM »
I've run into another snag, this one is with the butterfly collection skill challenge.  The challenge is to find all 10 different types of butterflies, and I've found all of them except moths. 

I researched it and found that moths are supposed to be the most common type, and are usually found around graveyards.  So I've been watching my graveyard in Moonlight Falls morning, noon and night trying to spot one, but no luck.  I've also been doing daily checks all of the other butterfly spawn points that I know of, but still no moths anywhere.  Unfortunately I need this little bugger for my founders' sixth skill challenge :(

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »
I've gotten moths quite commonly from a witch's conversion Ritual if that's any help.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »
I've gotten moths quite commonly from a witch's conversion Ritual if that's any help.

Yes I'm playing a witch and I've seen them through conversion also. But unfortunately when you turn something into a moth it appears already in a terrarium, not flying around, so there is no option to "catch".  I tried placing the terrarium into my inventory, which does put the moth in there, but when I check the skill challenge journal it hasn't counted for the moth requirement. :(