Author Topic: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls  (Read 140074 times)

Louise56

Re: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2012, 05:51:03 AM »
The last picture is awesome! Great update. :)

SimBlip

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
Woah! Samura at the grill is like a fusion of culinary and martial arts.
What a lovely set of furniture. It could have been made for the dojo!
Dear heavens... a lilac nooboo! How cute is that?
Glorious ambrosia picture!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2012, 02:54:29 AM »

The last picture is awesome! Great update. :)

Thanks!

Woah! Samura at the grill is like a fusion of culinary and martial arts.
What a lovely set of furniture. It could have been made for the dojo!
Dear heavens... a lilac nooboo! How cute is that?
Glorious ambrosia picture!  :D

How cute? It's incredibly cute. I hope you love 'em, because there's more on the way! And yeah, I love the new hibachi grill set. I saw it, loved it, and bought it within ten minutes of having first seen it. It just needed to be in my dojo.

The Seasons Arrive

The summer season hit Moonlight Falls with a sudden heat wave, and the Dojo household was eager to explore the new weather and festivals.

Samura tried her skills with roller blades.

Nolan wrote love letters to his two lady friends: Sophie and Christopher.

While Gwenyth tried making new friends over water balloon fights.

She caught her dad up to the most unusual prank the other morning.

Pablo the ghost was trying to make ambrosia! I'm not sure how he got a hold of the ingredients, but I may have had a death fish in the fringe. As for the life fruit, there was an old life fruit or two lying inside the foundation from where I stored them pre-chest. A sim couldn't get to it, but I guess a ghost probably could. Fortunately, Gwenyth was able to side track him into some conversation.

Gwenyth: "Now, dad. You don't . . . want . . . to do this. Just . . . put the cooking down and back away, nice and slow. Good! Now, tell me: how did you die again?"

Pablo: "Oh, sweetie! You remember, I died of old age!"

Gwenyth: "Right, of course. And remember, you want to stay dead, yes? I mean, I love you and everything, but this is a dynasty, dad."

Crisis averted, Gage and Marivell celebrated a joint birthday, aging up to adults.

Just look at the confidence radiating from Marivell. This is a lady who knows exactly what she wants--and knows she's going to get it!

Gage is a little more anxious as the sparkles flutter around him, but he ages up all the same.

Here they are after a make-over.

Gage decides to slick his hair back in a classic 50's style, with a wardrobe I think looks pretty suitable for his intended profession of school teacher. Why, hello professor!

Marivell gets a wardrobe to match her hair and eyes.

And, since I did promise an adorable nooboo in my last update, here it is! Nolan and Christopher's baby, Jason, ages up to toddler.

SimBlip

« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2012, 01:23:56 PM »
Tsk, tsk, Pablo! What on earth were you thinking of?  ::)  I love the way Gwyneth handled the situation!
Huh! Marivell breaks the Fourth Wall! She's looking every Watcher straight in the eye there.
Mm. I love Nolan's look. We could do with profs like him in our reality.
Aw! Jason! The lightness of being earnest has just become unbearable.  :o He must be the most unique and adorable toddler ever!

Merry Christmas, Rhoxi!  ;D

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
Oh Pablo, you trickster. I thought ghosts interrupting birthdays was bad enough, but that might take the cake.

Jason is extra-adorable!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »

Tsk, tsk, Pablo! What on earth were you thinking of?  ::)  I love the way Gwyneth handled the situation!
Huh! Marivell breaks the Fourth Wall! She's looking every Watcher straight in the eye there.
Mm. I love Nolan's look. We could do with profs like him in our reality.
Aw! Jason! The lightness of being earnest has just become unbearable.  :o He must be the most unique and adorable toddler ever!

Merry Christmas, Rhoxi!  ;D

And Merry Christmas to you, Simblip! Breaking the fourth wall, that's a great way to put it.

Oh Pablo, you trickster. I thought ghosts interrupting birthdays was bad enough, but that might take the cake.

Jason is extra-adorable!

Yeah, it freaked me out. It never occurred to me to ghost-proof the house! And can you believe it, Pablo's grave is buggy so I can't move him off the lot!

A Wedding Disaster

Gage continued to make steady progress on his dynasty achievements.

He discovered his twentieth celestial body.

And he fulfilled his lifetime wish to be grand master of chess.

You may or may not think the gentleman Gage is playing against looks familiar. That man is actually Gage's uncle and Carmen's half-brother--an earlier son J.J. Fortier had with another sim before Carmella came along.

Speaking of Carmen, he aged up to elder.

Now that they were young adults, Gage decided it was time to pull Marivell aside for a little chat about what the future held in store for them.

Of course this future came with a shiny diamond ring!

Gage was so thrilled that he actually leaped into Marivell's arms.

She scoops him up with a loving, tolerant eye-roll that just seems to say, "What am I going to do with this ridiculous man?"

But while one pair of lovers in the Dojo household was planning a bright, shining future, the other pair of lovers found themselves abruptly going up in smoke.

It all started when Owen invited his new girlfriend, Savannah Barrios over for a visit. Gwenyth needed a few more best friends to prepare for her impending elder birthday, and she wanted to get to know Savannah. Well, she thought asking her to spend the night would be just the thing. They could chat all night and be besties by morning!

To put it mildly, Samura took this somewhat amiss.

Gwenyth: "Mom what's wro---"

Samura: "You ungrateful hussy! How dare you cheat on my son-in-law!"

Gwenyth tried desperately to explain. She hadn't intended to be flirtatious, honest!

It took some time to calm Samura down--their relationship bar dipped almost maximum into the red! But eventually they reconciled.

Gwenyth and Carmen went to bed as usual that night, and Gwenyth thought that last night would be the end of it. However, when she awoke, a nasty rumor had spread throughout all of Moonlight Falls that she had betrayed Carmen. It didn't take long for the news to reach him--and on the morning of their son's wedding!

The second the ladies heard Carmen might be on the market, they flooded him with phone calls.

Carmen: "Look, I'm not sure what you've heard, but you've got the wrong idea, missy! I may be betrayed, but your solicitations are certainly not welcome."

Despite the betrayal, both Carmen and Gwenyth threw up wishes to kiss and woohoo with each other. Quite literally, they both seemed to want to kiss and make up!

The wedding was indeed beautiful, but Gwenyth found herself too worried to really enjoy it.

She couldn't wait any longer to talk things out. As soon as the ceremony ended, while the guests were helping themselves to the wedding cake, Gwenyth pulled Carmen aside for a chat.

He was reluctant to listen at first.

Gwenyth: "It's all just a big misunderstanding! I just asked her to spend the night--and I didn't even mean it like that!"

She begged for forgiveness, and Carmen accepted her apology.

While Gwenyth and Carmen were trying to mend the bond that had been broken, Gage and Marivell were doing a little bonding of their own.

To tell the truth, I think Gage was a little nervous about his first woohoo.

But with the help of a little liquid courage, he swept his bride into his arms.

And the sound of a lullaby drifted through the dojo.

Generation four, here we come!

SimBlip

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2012, 11:37:08 PM »
OMG, the drama! And it seems so unfair... Poor Gwenyth!
Gage's facial expressions keep cracking me up.
Yay for generation four! Terrific update, Rhoxi!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2012, 08:38:34 AM »
Poor Gwenyth. Such a gossipy town.  ::)

I like how you took what had to be a really frustrating experience, and made it funny. And the fall wedding was so pretty!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Louise56

« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2012, 03:01:27 AM »
Poor Gwenyth lol! Congrats on the wedding, I can't wait for the nooboo! ;D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
Poor Gwenyth lol! Congrats on the wedding, I can't wait for the nooboo! ;D

I know! Who'd have thought it would cause such a raucous?

Poor Gwenyth. Such a gossipy town.  ::)

I like how you took what had to be a really frustrating experience, and made it funny. And the fall wedding was so pretty!

It actually wasn't that frustrating. Let's face it, a little drama helps to spice up a long dynasty story, and I really was surprised how quickly they made up.

OMG, the drama! And it seems so unfair... Poor Gwenyth!
Gage's facial expressions keep cracking me up.
Yay for generation four! Terrific update, Rhoxi!  :D

Gage cracks me up too. Should I feel bad that it's funny when he's terrified? Oh well!

Renewed Vigor

Gwenyth celebrated her elder birthday only a couple of days later.

I don't think she was thrilled about the idea of growing old.

She adjusted, as we all must. She got a make over, which I think helped improve her spirits somewhat, but she kept the white hair.

Her mom pulled her aside for a quick portrait session, and then it was time for a whole new set of sparkles.

Gwenyth Dojo: Immortal the Second
Career: Inventing
Supermax: Handiness
LTRs: Efficient Inventor, Fireproof Homestead, The Hustler
LTW: Renaissance Sim
Property: Hallowed Grounds Cemetery
Building: Mind-Body Connection Spa and Bookstore
BFFs: Chet Barrios, Antonia McDonough, Branch Timbley, Charlotte Barrios, Carmen Dojo, Bryce Younan
Portraits and Sculptures for all life stages: Complete.

Despite the drama in the last update, things between Gwenyth and Carmen were doing considerably better.

I got a little worried, though, when I saw this:

It turns out this was actually a flirtatious interaction called "Talk about Feelings" that Carmen has access to, I think because of his brooding trait. Instead of wishing to break it off with Gwenyth, Carmen actually seems to have a renewed vigor for the relationship. Maybe it's because Gwenyth isn't so busy any more, but I often find the two of them spamming friendly or romantic socials on each other.

Like this! I look over, and they're thinking how each other is "extremely irresistible" and are making out in the park!

It's the wishes, too. Now they are both constantly throwing up wishes to woohoo, kiss, hug amorously, and sometimes just to chat. You know, I expect newly weds to want to woohoo like bunnies, but it's a little surprising coming from a pair of elders. Well, what can I say other than that I love it! I don't think I've ever had a pair of lovers as affectionate as these two have become. It's really quite sweet.

By the way, Nolan's son Jason aged up to child.

I guess I should report about some of Nolan's other children. It's a little bit sad to show you these pictures, because two of these adorable nooboos didn't make it. The story progression fiend struck, killing two in tragic accidents.

These are triplets from his first batch of children with Sophie Rodgers, but only the boy--whose face you can't even see--lived. His name is Charlie.

Well, after they died, I made sure to spend more time developing relationships with the children pronto. I hear that helps them not get killed off. Something about story progression targeting sims with few relationships? Now all children, especially rainboos, are thoroughly snuggled into either good or best friend status before they even age up to toddler.

Nolan isn't the only one with children, though. I mentioned last time that Owen was dating Savannah Barrios. Well, here's a picture of their second child! (I forgot to snag a nooboo shot of the first one.)

Unfortunately, his eyes aren't actually yellow. It's just a werewolf thing, I suppose. Still, cute!

All this talk of nooboos is great, but I know it isn't the nooboo you'd really like to hear about.

Gage and Marivell are also expecting.

Well, more on that next time!

SimBlip

« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »
Congratulations on your SECOND IMMORTAL!
I'm so pleased Gwyneth and Carmen are back on track. Maybe the whole drama made their relationship even stronger. It's lovely to see them so happy.
It was sad to hear of the childrens' accident. I've heard of families leaving town, but this is far more sinister.
The news of Gaga and Marivell's pregnancy totally lifted my spirits. I can't wait to see him as a daddy. :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
Congratulations on your SECOND IMMORTAL!
I'm so pleased Gwyneth and Carmen are back on track. Maybe the whole drama made their relationship even stronger. It's lovely to see them so happy.
It was sad to hear of the childrens' accident. I've heard of families leaving town, but this is far more sinister.
The news of Gaga and Marivell's pregnancy totally lifted my spirits. I can't wait to see him as a daddy. :)

It really does seem like their drama made their relationship stronger, as odd as that sounds. These two lovebirds barely bother to come up for air! Well, you won't have to wait long to Gage as a daddy. See below!

A Future Merry Christmas Guessing Game

Samura went to bed, pondering the fate of her family, and wondering what her up-coming great-grandchild would look like. She fell into a deep sleep. Perhaps it was because of her witch powers,  but that night she had the strangest dream.

She dreamt of a Christmas, somewhere in the near future. It was as bright and as colorful as she could have hoped for!

Samura felt certain that in this dream were both her great-grandchild and his/her future spouse--one of Nolan's children, but she couldn't quite figure out who was who.

Perhaps you can help her spot them?

Let's take a closer look at each of our candidates:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Everyone!

SimBlip

« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2012, 10:39:13 PM »
I can't spot them. But it sure is a beautiful dream! :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2012, 10:44:19 PM »

It's a guessing game! I thought it would be fun to encourage people to speculate about who is who.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2012, 10:51:55 PM »
Hmmm . . . the girl in the 3rd picture down with yellow eyes. No, wait, ignore that.
The guy with yellow eyes, 2nd picture from the bottom! Hmm, wait a minute . . .
Can you tell I really just want the yellow eyes?

Edit: And I love the gray eyes on the girl, 4th picture down! Grrr, this is hard . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything