Author Topic: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls  (Read 140601 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2013, 07:24:13 PM »
I know it's been a while since it happened, but I fell behind on reading your story. I actually cried a little when Carmen died. He was probably my favourite Dojo, except maybe Fred. (Even though Fred wasn't a Dojo. Is Dojo Samura's last name? I'm not quite sure) I was super happy when I saw that Carmen's hair color was passed down to Everette and Percival.  :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »

Yes, Percy! Forget those rules, just follow your heart!

And/or hit her with a Potent Cure elixir, whatever works.

Potent Cure Elixer works just fine with me! Percival is one of the few lucky sims in this dynasty who gets free reign over spouse choice. No possibility of stacking rainbow genetics for him so, choose away!

Hmmm, how would that work? If you Cure her can you still free her? OR do you free and then cure? She is very pretty, I think he should go for it!

I'm glad you agree, because he does so, below!

I know it's been a while since it happened, but I fell behind on reading your story. I actually cried a little when Carmen died. He was probably my favourite Dojo, except maybe Fred. (Even though Fred wasn't a Dojo. Is Dojo Samura's last name? I'm not quite sure) I was super happy when I saw that Carmen's hair color was passed down to Everette and Percival.  :D

Aw, well thank you for taking the time to get caught up! I was really sad when Carmen died, too. I haven't been so upset about a death since Thea Voice died when she was Fred's wife. Dojo is Samura's last name, even though it is a little weird. I wanted it to be the "Dojo Dynasty" because I liked the alliteration with the D's, and to communicate the Japan-style theme. I'd also intended to let everyone do martial arts as soon as possible, but its taken me all this time to let them have it! I know it's not very realistic, but Dojo is their last name, heh!

I Dream of Genie

For Dewayne, Grim came while he was whittling time away at the inventor's workbench. I'm not sure why he's all electrocuted-looking. Maybe he got hit by lightening in the rain? Or maybe the game decided to give him a but fire, but then Grim interrupted at the same time?

Marie darted into the room, red glow ablaze. Somehow her status as the Empress of Evil gives her an intuitive connection to sensing disaster strike.

Dewayne seemed to know that it was his time. He went with Grim readily.

Dewayne: "I've got no regrets. It's been a good life. Let's go."

It sounds cruel, but I was really glad that Dewayne obliged me by not living too long. I was really eager to bring in the next generation. He passed in his early 90's.

Alright people, moodlet managers, go, go! We're bringing in a baby soon, so no sad faces.

(Oh, and Samura got the dinner plate grieving bubble! What is with that?)

Percival instantly summoned his genie Shawnya from her lamp and threw a cure elixir potion her way, although unfortunately I seem to have missed getting a screenshot of the actual elixir throwing in my haste for nooboo.

Well, I was kind of hoping she would keep the blue skin, even if it was a bit of a long shot.

Seeing as Percival liked her though, and having no rainbow sims for him to choose from, he was free to pick the bride of his choice.

He chose Shawnya.

Shawnya: "Oh, yes, yes, yes! You've freed me from a life of slavery and living in a cramped, little lamp! Of course I'll be your bride!"

He wasted no time in taking her up on that offer.

Percival: "I tell you what, let's get married right now! It's the middle of the night, the stars are shining, and the snow makes everything so beautiful!"

Shawnya: "But, what about your family? They're all asleep, and they don't even know I exist!"

Percival: "I choose you. Let me worry about the consequences with my family. So, shall we?"

Shawnya: "You betcha!"

Percival: "I, Percival, do take you Shawnya, to be my wife. You are truly my good luck genie, and you fulfill my every wish just by being you!"

Shawnya: "I, Shawnya, do take you, Percival, to be my husband. You've given me the world back and freed me from a life of servitude, my hero!"

You may kiss the bride!

Percival: "Now, love, why don't we head up stairs and--"

Shawnya: *gasp!*

Shawnya: "Omg, omg! Aaaaaahhhh!" *flees in terror*

Percival: "Um, was it something I said?"

Hm. What an inauspicious beginning for the newlyweds!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »
Ten bucks says it's another meteor! (Or Shawnya's scared of pink.)

Also, congrats to Percy and Shawnya!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2013, 09:57:42 PM »
Oh man, someone else got the dinner plate mourning!  I really, really want to know what that is. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2013, 10:02:39 PM »
Whaaaat? Why is she running from Gage? (That's Gage, right?) Too bad she didn't stay blue :( She is still pretty though. Good luck with the nooboo.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2013, 10:03:44 PM »
Congratulations, Percy! It's too bad that his bride didn't stay blue--fingers crossed for a rainboo!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2013, 02:17:22 AM »

Ten bucks says it's another meteor! (Or Shawnya's scared of pink.)

Also, congrats to Percy and Shawnya!

Haha, I wish sims ran in fear away from a meteor! Instead, they all run toward it to get a good look! The survival instinct is not strong enough to overcome the curiosity.

Oh man, someone else got the dinner plate mourning!  I really, really want to know what that is. 

I haven't a clue, either. I'd also like to apologize here for having sidetracked your story thread somewhat over my technical difficulties. It never occurred to me that HoF could be an issue and derail your thread a bit. Fortunately, I checked with the Immortal Dynasty "gurus" and it's all good! Whew! Still, probably best not to do what I did without checking first.

Whaaaat? Why is she running from Gage? (That's Gage, right?) Too bad she didn't stay blue :( She is still pretty though. Good luck with the nooboo.

Thanks! Yeah, I knew it was sort of a long shot that she'd stay blue but *sigh*. Not like I had any better options. And yes, that is Gage! As a coward, I'd think he'd be the one fleeing, not making others flee!

Congratulations, Percy! It's too bad that his bride didn't stay blue--fingers crossed for a rainboo!

It really is. Blue sims are like, almost as good as rainbow sims. And thanks! If all goes well, this will be the last birth for which I cannot orchestrate a colorful spouse/lover to sire the next generation. Of course that "if all goes well" is a pretty big if, but still! This could be the last big hurtle towards getting--dare I even hope--an all colorful dynasty? Even if both parents are rainbow, though, there's always a chance of getting skin color from a non-rainbow grandparent so, we'll see!

A Changeable Woman

Although Shawnya had appeared to be fleeing in terror from the sight of Gage due to a mistimed speech bubble, she made her real feelings clear a moment later.

It was Marie's red glow that did the trick, even though Shawnya doesn't have the cowardly trait. Perhaps the reaction is based on the strength of the relationship? You flee if a stranger glows red but not a friend?

Anyway, the newlyweds instantly got busy!

They hopped into the wardrobe for a bit of fun, but when they hopped out, Shawnya looked quite different!

Then a moment later she swirled back into her usual look.

Her eyes, likewise, are rather changeable. One moment, they are this clear, shining grey.

Then, the reality of pregnancy hits her. She swirls in maternity wear and suddenly:

Sort of a purple grey now, I think. Well, who knows? Being married to a used-to-be-genie is certainly strange. Maybe Shawnya just wants to keep us all on our toes. What hair color does the baby stand to inherit from her, who knows! What eye color, who knows!

She finds that she enjoys switching back and forth from moment to moment. Percival starts a massage and she looks one way.

But then when he finishes up, Shawnya decides its time to switch up her look again.

Percival is quite excited to meet his son, of course.

And despite their fears, the household readily accepted Shawnya--even if she wasn't as colorful as they might have hoped.

But while Percival and Shawnya eagerly look forward to their nooboo, surrounded by plenty of family and friends, there's another young woman in this town who isn't so fortunate. Dewayne died, leaving Mara Nix very much the single, pregnant mother. Gage does what he can to be there for her at such a difficult time.

He also helps out around the house by tutoring Mara and Dewayne's other children.

Rafael:

Doreen:

Gage is fortunate enough to actually witness the at-home birth. Mara ushers into the world Dewayne's final child: LaShawn Nix.

He's not a wereboo like his older siblings, but with this fury family--well, it's bound to happen eventually.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2013, 02:27:14 AM »
So many rainboos! I guess Dewayne left Mara someone to remember him by. She certainly has lasted a long time!

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2013, 02:49:11 AM »
Wow, that's quite the magic act! I hope the nooboo inherits her eyes--purple and grey are my top two favorite eye colors in sims!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2013, 03:04:02 AM »
When I saw LaShawn I first though Shawna had given birth and was excited to see another rainboo! Shawna is really keeping us on our toes.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2013, 08:47:03 PM »

So many rainboos! I guess Dewayne left Mara someone to remember him by. She certainly has lasted a long time!

It true, those werewolves really know how to cling on to life: stay in werewolf form, avoid birthday!

Wow, that's quite the magic act! I hope the nooboo inherits her eyes--purple and grey are my top two favorite eye colors in sims!

The grey and purple eyes are definitely welcome! I still have no idea where Percival got them from.

When I saw LaShawn I first though Shawna had given birth and was excited to see another rainboo! Shawna is really keeping us on our toes.

Heh, I didn't even think about the similarities between their names! But no, I would never name anything "LaShawn." What an awful name!

Winter Child

Shawnya was painting at the easel, as she often does, being artistic, when the first contraction hit.

I figured I would give her some privacy get right up in her face and share this intimate moment with you all.

Shawnya: "GAAAAAH! Get . . . out . . . of my . . . FAAAAACE!"

The pain passed and sparkles flooded over her.

Forum, please welcome Darcy Dojo, Generation Six.

Shawnya: "Isn't he just perfect? He's blue, like I used to be!"

Well, the last few generations have been getting pretty close to blue. It looks like we finally got there!

Now that the baby was born, Shawnya got plopped down in front of the mirror to finally resolve the issue of her changing appearance. Here's what she looks like in the mirror:

Her eyes are a sort of green/blue-grey color. The hair, though originally auburn, changed to blonde when I selected a different hairstyle. I didn't really like the blonde though, so I manually switched it back to the auburn.

Here's what she looks like after her make-over. Indian style clothing seemed appropriate for an ex-genie. The braids and feathers don't really fit culturally with the rest of her wardrobe, but they looked too pretty not to use for some of the outfits where India Inspirations hairstyles were unavailable.

Now that generation six was born, the family headed out to the winter festival to take a family photo and celebrate their good luck.

Samura has become quite the excellent ice skater.

Shawnya, on the other hand, has a thing or two to learn.

She almost body slams some poor townie, who barely manages to scurry out of the way in time.

Maybe you should try something safer, sweetie. Why don't you go make a nice snow angel instead?

Hey, who's got the baby?

*facepalm*

No wonder he's blue, huh? Someone please grab this baby, ASAP!

When they come home, it's time for Darcy's first birthday.

He gets blonde hair from either Shawnya or Marie, and brown eyes, which I think would be from his grandmother Marie--who got them from her dad Nolan who got them from his dad Pablo, which would also be where the blond hair comes from if it came from Marie.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2013, 08:50:26 PM »
HAHA!  The baby in the snow.  That's so wrong and yet so hilarious.  I might have lol'd.  I agree that the auburn is best.  Now the real question is whether the baby inherited her old skin color or if he just happens to be that level of blue on the rainboo scale ...

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
Yay! He's a blueboo! Darcy is just so very cute, with the blonde hair and blue skin and I forget what eyes he had and he's so cute!

I completely envy you the India Inspiration set, the clothes and hair are beautiful! I love how you incorporated it into Shawnya's wardrobe, since she was a genie.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »
India Inspirations for a former genie = perfect. I love her wardrobe. Yay blueboo! Darcy is both cute and alliterative. So glad he is blue.

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2013, 09:38:57 PM »
The blond hair looks so nice with the blue skin! What a cutie!

And leaving the newborn baby buried in 2 and a half feet of snow reminds me of the time in your last attempt where one of Lex's (?) girlfriend's put her baby down just to pee on it. I can't decide which one is worse, honestly.  :-\
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------