Author Topic: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls  (Read 140098 times)

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls
« Reply #345 on: February 24, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »
You know, I have a feeling that the father is someone completely unknown  ;) maybe someone you haven't mentioned before, Rhoxi? -wink wink- lol jk, I'm actually not sure who it might be. Genealogy and all that stuff scares me. I can't go more than three generations without getting confused, especially with "second cousin twice removed" junk. It makes my poor little brain hurt >_< anyways, I love this dynasty so much. Makes me want to cry to see it end  :'( but it was great while it lasted  :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #346 on: February 24, 2013, 08:15:36 PM »

Rhoxi's Father

Lilith: "Hi Adan, I see you've become a werewolf."

Lilith: "And . . . now you're digging through our trash."

Lilith: "Look, thanks for coming over, but can you just stay here for a minute? There's one last thing I need to double check before we get to baby making. Grandpa Gage, you ready?"

Gage: "Of course sweetie, and I'd be happy to introduce you to the Runyons. Hello Tammy, love, is Waylon home?"

Gage: "Ah yes, I see you've both been to the festival--at least, I hope that's pie on your face."

(With a vampire family, who knows?)

Lilith: "Hi Waylon, let's find out about those eyes, shall we?"

Wow, they really are yellow. Goodbye Adan clone, helloooooo Waylon clone!

Lilith: "Look, I know we just met and all, but I need to---oh! attraction that's good--I need to have a baby."

Lilith: "I was hoping that maybe we could strike up a little spark, or--"

Lilith: Oh goodness, he's just as clumsy as I am! I wonder if I should--

Lilith: Yes, I think I'll go for it!

And the rest? Well, it needs no words to explain what happened that night.

Little Rhoxi grew up looking just like the mysterious clone of Waylon--he appeared at their front door, and due to a strange bug, was never seen again.

It was sad that she would never know her father, but even without one, Rhoxi certainly didn't lack for attention.

With an army of doting grandparents, Rhoxi learned her skills in no time.

Her favorite toy by far was a yellow car.

It had the strangest knack for disappearing and reappearing, which delighted Rhoxi to no end.

But while Rhoxi grew, the elders became ever more restless. They knew that their days of waiting were drawing to an end.

Lilith and Darcy continued to jam.

Sometimes Everette joined them at the piano.

(That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Everette Dojo is looking at you.)

Gage hung out with his girlfriend Tammy, who apparently joined the journalism career.

And the endless sparring matches continued.

Samura, meanwhile, went back to practicing her magic.

She knew that in the end, it would all boil down to her.

Would she have the strength to see it through?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #347 on: February 24, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »
To reply to some of the comments, many of you guessed Waylon and--congratulations--you were right!

I really did invite Adan over and was right about to throw that clone drone potion, when I remembered I needed to double check Waylon's eyes. I wasn't expecting them to actually be yellow after seeing the way that so many vampire/werewolf eyes glow yellow. It was quite a shock to find out that my mission to get a rainbow, yellow-eyed father actually succeeded! Since Gage and Tammy were both rainbows, all their kids would be too, so all I needed was one to be male and snag the yellow eyes from Gwenyth. When they only had one boy (and six girls) I kinda lost hope with that plan.

Anyway, I didn't intend to "pull a Dreamweaver", but I thought you would all enjoy the pleasant surprise of seeing the yellow eyes pop back up! If I showed you the father first, you'd know there was a good chance of Rhoxi getting them. And seriously? A yellow eyed rainbow is just the most perfect final generation for this family, so I was just thrilled.

Thanks so much to everyone who's been reading and/or commenting.

Makes me want to cry to see it end  :'( but it was great while it lasted  :D

And on that note, I hope you'll enjoy the ending I've got planned out for it all.  ;)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #348 on: February 24, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »
Now, the whole mystery thing just reminds me of the Dreamweavers, only instead of there being Midnight, Samura has things she needs to do.  ;D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #349 on: February 24, 2013, 08:35:13 PM »
That shot of Everrette at the piano!  Swoon.  I can't wait to see how this all plays out.  You've done such an amazing job.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #350 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:31 PM »
Samura's eyes in those last two screenshots are just plain freaky, scary. I know it's only the glow from the magic, but eesh.

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #351 on: February 25, 2013, 12:08:01 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how the story ends. Congrats on gen 8.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #352 on: February 25, 2013, 06:13:48 AM »
Aha! I was semi-right! I agree on the yellow eyes, how many Dynasty players get that distinctive and rare genetic trait from their founder to show up in the eighth generation? So cool. And she does look so much like her father. Good choice.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: February 25, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »
Now, the whole mystery thing just reminds me of the Dreamweavers, only instead of there being Midnight, Samura has things she needs to do.  ;D

Oh no! I promise, it'll be different!

That shot of Everrette at the piano!  Swoon.  I can't wait to see how this all plays out.  You've done such an amazing job.

Oh good, I thought everyone would enjoy that shot! Everette definitely takes some good pictures. And thanks!

Samura's eyes in those last two screenshots are just plain freaky, scary. I know it's only the glow from the magic, but eesh.

I know, I love it! It's such a different side to Samura than we normally see.

Looking forward to seeing how the story ends. Congrats on gen 8.

Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy the ending.

Aha! I was semi-right! I agree on the yellow eyes, how many Dynasty players get that distinctive and rare genetic trait from their founder to show up in the eighth generation? So cool. And she does look so much like her father. Good choice.

I agree! It feels like we've really come full circle with Rhoxi.

Rhoxi's Childhood

Rhoxi's next birthday rolled around, and she went from being little Rhoxi to well, somewhat less little Rhoxi.

The elders all gathered around, whooping and hollering.

The poor girl aged up in her undies, just like her mother before her.

Here's Rhoxi's child wardrobe:

For her birthday, she was given books. Lots of books. Fifty-six books, to be specific, and it would be her child and teen occupation to read them all.

It was a little strange for Rhoxi, what with growing up with so many many grandfathers. Sometimes she had the strangest feeling that they were talking about her in hushed, anxious tones.

Darcy: "I think when she does, I'd like to move to France with Doreen. We had so few marital years together, and I here there's still a few rare grapes in France that I never got to work with. What about you, dad?"

The grandmothers were equally as strange.

Gwenyth: "I just can't believe it! The final generation. Did you ever think this day would really come, mom?"

Still, at least they took her to do fun things, like see the spring festival!

Rhoxi played tag with her grandmothers.

Lilith and Everette got their faces painted.

While Percival snagged a kiss at the kissing booth.

All in all, Rhoxi would have to say that while she enjoyed childhood, it was still very exciting to grow up.

She wished she hadn't aged up in her under things again, though!

And here she is after a visit to the dresser for some more appropriate outfits:

She's not sure if she'll keep them, but for now pink tips were too much fun to pass up.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »
Is that a brighter yellow than what she had for her hair before? Because that pale blonde looked odd with her almost Gage identical skin.
...Is that Samura's tilted eyes?  :D
And it seems like Rhoxi is overly bored, or is there really not much to talk about?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #355 on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
To me, Rhoxi looks exactly like Samura! I don't know why, but it's pretty epic.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #356 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »
Rhoxi is stunning, Rhoxi! Hahah funny sentence. Also, if she wants to stop ageing up in her unders she should stop wearing pyjamas to the cake! I take it she's doing writing, then?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »
For some reason I started to laugh when I saw Rhoxi's overly-bored face during the teen clothes pics  ;D it's so great to see this drawing to a close. Not that I want it to  :-\ it's just nice to set a goal and finally see it completed. Anyways, don't give up! You're almost there!  :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: February 25, 2013, 08:17:55 PM »

Is that a brighter yellow than what she had for her hair before? Because that pale blonde looked odd with her almost Gage identical skin.
...Is that Samura's tilted eyes?  :D
And it seems like Rhoxi is overly bored, or is there really not much to talk about?

I'm pretty sure I left the blond the same color, just added pink tips. The highlights of her hair are a brighter yellow than the base color, so I think it looks a bit different in color based on the hairstyle? And yes, she did get the tilted eyes! I'm pleased that all four Dojo women + Percival got them! Rhoxi really didn't do much other than read for most of her childhood, so yeah, it was a bit dull.

To me, Rhoxi looks exactly like Samura! I don't know why, but it's pretty epic.

The family resemblance has stayed pretty strong! I think she grows up looking a little more like Gwenyth though, when she turns into a young adult.

Rhoxi is stunning, Rhoxi! Hahah funny sentence. Also, if she wants to stop ageing up in her unders she should stop wearing pyjamas to the cake! I take it she's doing writing, then?

Haha, thanks! I know, I am stunning.  :P Yup, she's a writer.

For some reason I started to laugh when I saw Rhoxi's overly-bored face during the teen clothes pics  ;D it's so great to see this drawing to a close. Not that I want it to  :-\ it's just nice to set a goal and finally see it completed. Anyways, don't give up! You're almost there!  :D

There's no way I'm stopping now! Hehe, she does look pretty bored, which I guess makes a lot of sense for a teen.

The Power of Imagination

Rhoxi's teen years weren't very much more exciting than her childhood. Well, unless you consider reading books to be "exciting," which--being a bookworm--Rhoxi did!

It might not look very exciting to other sims, perhaps, but Rhoxi always loved the way a book could take her into a whole other world.

She knew that as the final generation of an immortal dynasty, her life would be limited in many ways. She would never be able to marry, never be able to have a child. So she delved ever deeper into books, imagining the life that could have been.

Of course, now that she was a teen, life wasn't always about books: sometimes it was about writing!

She only wrote one book as a teen, though she wanted to write more. However, Samura was worried that something called "Black Ops" wouldn't spawn if she maxed her writing skill so early.

So Rhoxi turned to other hobbies, like painting.

And a somewhat more exotic hobby: magic! Rhoxi had inherited her mother's witchitude--making Gwenyth the only non-witch female Dojo.

While she didn't go to any crazy, wild teen parties, Rhoxi did occasionally go to parties: like her mother's birthday party at Varg's Tavern!

Lilith celebrated her adult birthday.

Rhoxi came home early though, to go back to her reading, while the rest of the family stayed to eat cake.

And play games.

She didn't mind though, she liked reading.

Sometimes one of the grandparents would sit down next to her while she read, trying to pull her out of the book and into conversation. She found that this was very distracting to her studies.

Everette: "Did you hear, Rhoxi? Lilith is having to beg her boss for another promotion. Looks like moving up in that music career is awfully hard. Something about buggy potions and combined rabbit holes!"

Rhoxi: "Grampy, please! I'm reading. How will I ever become a great writer if I don't read?"

Perhaps it was no wonder that Lilith was struggling with her career. After setting one of her co-workers on fire one evening, maybe she wasn't the most popular!

Lilith, put that lady out right now!

Great, and the paparazzi got the whole thing on camera. Don't you just know the press is going to twist this around into something terrible?

Well, her many grandparents did persuade Rhoxi to get out of the house, even if just for a little while.

And when she came home, it was time for yet another birthday.

What do you wish for, Rhoxi?

Rhoxi: "Someday, when all of this immortal nonsense is over, I wish to meet a man as pink as I am!"

She paused.

Rhoxi: "Oh, and to be a fairy!"

With such a vivid imagination, perhaps it was no wonder she grew up a little childish.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »
Thank you so much for updating right now. Rhoxi's doing a good job on her requirements and all.
No, thank so much for updating. I just got some super bad news that DC Comics is going to kill off the currernt Robin... For no real reason what so ever. *soul has died*
Anyway, great chapter and all.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

anything