Author Topic: Elf-School: A College Daze Project (Completed)  (Read 4559 times)

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Elf-School: A College Daze Project (May 28)
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
CHAPTER NINE – THE FIRST DEPARTURE

Day after day passed, without any disaster. Hamish credited the peace to the snow, which fell without respite. His former students stayed inside and worked on their skills, or hurried off to conduct other business. Ignac either worked on his fishing or read up on gardening.

Aubria finished a large painting and then delivered it to someone in China.

When Brendon gained his last skill point in athletics, he achieved his lifetime wish of Physical Perfection.

He used the points to purchase a dusty old lamp. “If the genie is female, I’ll set her free in my new home and marry her,” Brendon said. “If it’s male, I’ll give the lamp to Sanchera.” Like everyone else, Hamish assumed that either Brendon or Sanchera would be the first to leave the elf-school.

The next morning, Brendon cleaned the lamp. He was astounded when the purple cloud resolved itself into a beautiful blue shape.

“Pleased to meet you, I’m gorgeous,” he said. “No, I’m wow – okay, forget my name for the time being. Your name is…?”

“Haley,” trilled the genie.

Eventually, Brendon pulled himself together and asked Haley for some money. The 100,000 simoleons enabled Ignac to achieve his lifetime wish, also.

Thereafter, Brendon concentrated on alchemy. He even made a few potions, the most notable being one that produced an opposite trait in a person. He tried it on Deannin.

To the delight of everyone in the household, Deannin was now friendly rather than mean-spirited.

Ignac made a potion, too, now that he had maxed fishing and gardening. He produced a potent skill elixir and tried to help Aubria with it.

“Great,” she said. “Now I have three athletic points that I don’t need.”

“Don’t blame the potion,” said Ignac. “You’re the one that picked up a point in a skill you didn’t need.”

Finally the day came when Hamish had to bid someone farewell. “You have shown tremendous determination,” he said, “and I wish you good fortune in your new town. Remember, you will have some time before another of my charges is sent out to establish a family. Make good use of the time. As soon as you have a child with rainbow skin, pointed ears, and an occult nature inherited from your spouse, you and your family may join me in Dragon Valley. Now go.”

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Elf-School: A College Daze Project (May 29)
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 09:32:18 PM »
CHAPTER TEN -- HAMISH MAKES ANOTHER SPEECH

“As you know, Dragon Valley has been sighted. When the last of you leaves, I will be free to take up residence there among the elves from whom we have been separated for so long. Even though two of our number have left, there is still the possibility that one of you will be able to bring your family there. Neither of them has yet fulfilled the requirement to produce an heir with rainbow skin, pointed ears, and an occult nature inherited from his non-elf parent.

“Ignac Jungbloddin went to Riverview…”

Ignac:  “You look familiar. Don’t I know you from somewhere?”

Hunter Cottoneye:  “You may have read about me on the Forum.”

Ignac: “No, that’s not it.”

“His amorous advances were rejected by Elaine Joy.

“Ignac took an Opposite Personality Elixir, and became a nurturing supernatural fan who hates the outdoors in addition to being a slob and excitable. He then set about wooing Meadow Carpenter-Rhodes.

“He fared better with Meadow, and she agreed to become his girlfriend…

…but not his fiancée.

Ignac still needs to obtain some sort of elixir to transform Meadow into an occult, and of course, he still has to marry her and have a child.”

Hamish cleared his throat. “The next elf I sent out was Brendon Cortney. He went to Monte Vista, where he discovered that the genie from Hidden Springs did not follow him.

Nevertheless, Brendon managed to persuade the young woman who did come out of the lamp to marry him. Her name is Kimberley, and she is flirty, mean-spirited, grumpy and a workaholic and social butterfly."

("Sounds delightful," whispered Deannin.
"Well, you would know," Aubria whispered back.)

"In due course, Kimberley informed him that she was pregnant.

Unfortunately, the little genie Colin, while an appropriate color, lacks any points to his ears.

“I think it’s only fair to warn you, however, that if Colin is able to get plastic surgery done on his ears before anyone else produces an elf-heir, he will take his place in Dragon Valley with me and his family.”

This led to some consternation among Sanchera, Aubria, and Deannin.

Sanchera was the first to leave the table and return to her study of alchemy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: Elf-School: A College Daze Project (May 31)
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 09:21:13 AM »
Oooh. Go Colin! Let's hope he can get that plastic surgery!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 07:54:22 AM »
CHAPTER ELEVEN – THREE LETTERS

When Hamish reached his new home in Dragon Valley, he discovered that he already had some mail. Sanchera, Deannin, and Aubria had all written to him with their news.

He opened the letter from Sanchera first.

Dear Hamish,
   I absolutely adore living in Appaloosa Plains. As soon as I arrived, I went to the Equestrian Center and bought a horse named Dapple. She’s a little nervous and lazy, but quite intelligent, a genius in fact.

The day after I bought her, I took her to a horse training session and met Dr. Gavin Pinkerton when we came out. We became friends, and I asked him to move in with me. I also asked if he wanted to become a witch. He obliged, and then he proposed.

Soon after that, I took Dapple to the Equestrian Center to breed. She gave birth to an adorable little foal named Sprite.

A couple of hours later, I gave birth myself.

Elrond is a lovely little elf, but unfortunately has no witchy powers.

I’m pregnant again, but it does seem to me that if you’re going to allow Colin to get plastic surgery done on his ears, that Elrond should be allowed to become a witch. However, if it doesn’t work out, I’m quite happy to stay in Appaloosa Plains and raise horses. Best wishes, Sanchera

Hamish turned to the next letter, which was from Deannin.

Whassup, Ham?

I found me a gorgeous husband, Ciro Perry. He’s a fisherman (and a fairy!)

We have two gorgeous fairy daughters, Moira and Fiona (can’t find a pic of Fiona, but they’re identical so look much the same). They’re fairies with pointed ears, but Ciro’s coloring rather than mine.

Guess that means I’m stuck in Aurora Skies, huh. It’s okay, except everyone asks if I turned blue from the cold, haha. D

The last letter was from Aubria.

“You’ll have an easy time finding a spouse in Moonlight Falls,” you said. Well, guess what. All the men are either married, vampires, or werewolves. All, except Branch, who is really quite sweet.

And now that he’s lost some weight, he’s not too bad-looking. Anyway, after Branch finished freaking out, I had a beautiful little green baby boy – we named him Twig.

No wings, unfortunately – I guess someone else will be spreading elvishness throughout the world.

Take care, Aubria

Hamish shook his head. He’d never expected that all five of his students would fail at their first attempt. That meant he could try, too. He looked around his new house. A meteor had dropped a few space rocks before he moved in. He’d leave them there and see if he could tempt an alien to come for a visit (but not an abduction).

Or maybe he could find a lovely, unmarried elf among the residents of Dragon Valley.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 10:13:08 AM »
Good luck, Hamish!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Elf-School: A College Daze Project (June 5)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »
This was Hamish's clever scheme all along!!  He'll populate Dragon Valley with his own offspring as rise to power!!  Though, Deannin is still my favorite, so I want her to do that instead  :=)

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
Did you know that Tilia named Branch's son Twig in her story? Funny. I don't like Branch too skinny, though :( It weirds me out. All the nooboos are sure cute!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »
Great minds think alike, I guess. I was trying to think of an elflike name, and Twig just seemed perfect. I mainly had Branch slim down for the nooboo's sake. I once had the child of an overweight father start getting notifications that she was gaining weight as a toddler.

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2013, 04:50:11 AM »
Oh, I understand now. Yes, I've had the same thing happen in my games before.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2013, 04:53:27 PM »
CHAPTER TWELVE – A NIGHTMARE

Hamish awoke suddenly from what had been a terrible dream. He had met a fairy who was as insane and neurotic as she was beautiful. Nevertheless, he had proposed to her.

But she had turned him down. And then he had proposed again, and again been turned down. It had been an entire night of rejection, but he seemed compelled to keep proposing.

But was that before or after he had been kidnapped by aliens? Kidnapped, probed, and impregnated, as he remembered it.

And then everything had gone black, and he had been in an odorless, colorless, soundless limbo…not entirely soundless. Somewhere, someone had been screaming “Noooo…!”

Hamish stretched. The one good thing about bad dreams was that they made you really appreciate the waking reality. He had a job at the most beautiful school in the Simiverse.

He was married to his beautiful fairy wife Majella, who was a bit of a slob, but nothing worse.

And she would soon give birth to a beautiful baby.

“Noooo…!”

Yes, that was where the screaming had come from. Hamish wondered if he should go downstairs, but Majella seemed to be managing just fine on her own.

“Hamish!” Majella called.

He went to the window and looked down.

“She’s a darling little girl, brave and artistic, and her name is Clover,” said Majella. “But she’s not a fairy.”

Hamish sighed. Well, that was that. None of them had been able to deliver a child with rainbow skin, pointed ears, and occult qualities. Perhaps it wasn’t possible.

“It is possible, Hamish,” said the Watcher, “but we have bigger problems right now.”

“Oh?”

“That blackness you experienced in your nightmare was the entire Simiverse – with the exception of Dragon Valley – crashing. Your students are going to have to restore similization.”

A book the size of an unabridged dictionary thudded on to the table.

“Your instructions are in there,” said the Watcher.

Note to Readers:  This ends the Elf-School College Daze Project. Next up: Elves to the Rescue: A Restoring Similization Project

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Elf-School: A College Daze Project (Completed)
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
So did you just change your mind, or what? I'm a bit confused now  :-\ But looking forward to the new project!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 07:18:40 AM »
Well, I'd finished the College Daze part, and was getting bored with just trying to get the right combination of skin color, ears, and occult ability. Also, my game kept crashing in Dragon Valley, so I was reluctant to try a second College Daze there. There's nothing like a crashing game to make you rethink what you're doing!

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
I know what you mean! All right then, looking forward to the next bit.

anything