Author Topic: The Corazon Legacy  (Read 1377 times)

Offline pipsqueaks

• Nooboo
The Corazon Legacy
« on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:27 AM »
Hello, hello, thanks for the wonderful opportunity to talk about The Sims 3 - it is greatly appreciated. After playing the game and browsing through the forum casually for a while, I've decided to try a Legacy of my own. It will vary from the Pinstar rules - for instance, I'm not a builder, I just don't have patience for it, so I'll start my Founder (with a sister, I'm fond of sisters) at a premade house. The traits will be rolled randomly, the actions of the Sims determined by their wishes as best I can, no cheats or mods, normal lifespans, nothing fancy. Here we go!

Generation One

Heir: Isabella Corazon
Traits: Dramatic, Charismatic, Star Quality, Snob, Virtuoso
LTW: Living in the Lap of Luxury
Career: Stylist
Mate: Lenny Smith-Jones (Romantic Interest)
Children: Thatcher (with Lenny)

Spare: Aria Corazon
Traits: Ambitious, Workaholic, Neat, Friendly, Good
LTW: Leader of the Free World
Career: Politics
Mate:

Generation Two
Name: Thatcher Corazon
Traits: Virtuoso, Hates the Outdoors,
LTW:
Career:
Mate:

Offline pipsqueaks

• Nooboo
Re: The Corazon Legacy
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 12:47:32 AM »

As Aria struggled to squeeze the last of their clothes into the family's old Sloppy Jalopy, Isabella preened in the dusty rear-view mirror, proudly admiring the way her new short haircut brought out her cheekbones. She was ready for a fresh start, a chance to leave behind the quiet life of her childhood home. Aria thirsted for a bigger town with bigger problems to solve; Isabella just wanted to live - she wanted to run into strangers at the store, she wanted to drive through unfamiliar streets, decorate bare walls with memories, fill her heart with faces and names. She dutifully waved goodbye to her parents along with her big sister but she never once looked back.

"Modest" was a dignified way of describing their new home in Twinbrook, "a dingy hut far from the trappings of civilization" was a better way of putting things. Undaunted, Aria rushed to Town Hall to plead for any opening into public service that she could get her Ambitious hands on - she knew that any chance could be her chance. For her part, Isabella wanted nothing to do with polishing podiums or serving tables. She strolled into the new salon and talked her way a job as a Stylist. Both sisters were proud of themselves (and each other) when they came home each night to feast on cold cereal.

In no time at all, Aria was called on to start working on local campaigns while Isabella started to enjoy some regular clients.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pipsqueaks

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »
(2)

There are a million things that you should do before you grow up - Isabella and Aria did very few of these things. Mostly, they worked. At night, Isabella would practice her speeches and Aria would chat on the phone with some clients, particularly the newly divorced Lenny Smith-Jones. At first, he wanted advice on new suits and hairstyles in his attempts to restarted his career in Business, but then he wanted dinners and flowers and to watch the stars together.

After Aria’s successful campaign for City Council, the sisters moved into a beautiful cottage closer to the heart of town. Its large living room was perfect for hosting parties, from Isabella’s ragers to Aria’s more subdued campaign fundraisers. And the quaint garden at the front of the house was ideal for the quiet celebration that Isabella put together to mark Aria’s 30th birthday.

That night, the two sisters sat beside each other on the old white bench, cake in hand, and wondered, “Now what?”

Feeling the pressure of a Midlife Crisis, Aria looked ahead and saw so much work to be done - citizens to rally, elections to win, policies to enact. She would decide to call up her colleague Holly Greenwood, the beautiful Immortal Mayor of Twinbrook, and ask for her help in getting more time for her career.

Meanwhile, Isabella’s thoughts that night were interrupted by another call from Lenny. She would decide to invite him over and embrace life in a much more human way than her sister.

Offline pipsqueaks

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »
Thanks to all that have been reading!

(3)

The Corazon sisters had always been different, Aria’s drive and dedication to Isabella’s drama and vanity, but they had always been together - they dreamed together, they ached for bigger better things together, they always knew that they would be great, together, until that fateful night in the garden. Since then, the magic of Holly’s bite had utterly transformed Aria into a cold, powerful, stately figure. She rose through the ranks of the local politics easily, even as she shied away from her sister and her growing belly.

Isabella quit her job as a Stylist and did her best to prep their extra bedroom for a child. She had only dreamed of bright lights and luxury before her pregnancy; now, she couldn’t stop thinking of a quiet life with her future child. All the effort she had poured into hairstyles and fashion trends was now put into becoming a parent. To her surprise, it didn’t feel like settling, it just felt nice.

Though it was lonely work at first, with her big sister wrapped up in her work and Lenny calling less and less until Isabella stopped trying for him at all. Fortunately, Aria’s income allowed for some extra help - a butler named Brendan, someone originally hired to inflate Aria’s appearance as an important woman but would gladly spend his free time building a crib or thumbing through pregnancy books.

When the time came, Isabella opted for a home birth and Brendan was there, doing his best to be supportive. Together, they greeted Thatcher Corazon.

Offline pipsqueaks

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »
I think all of my Founders settle down with the same type of guy - anyone else notice a pattern like that in their games?

(4)

Thatcher was a fat and fussy baby, with his father’s coloring, eyes, and lips but, fortunately, the drive and talent of his mother. He grew exponentially, it seemed, until he was a delightful little toddler, pounding away little melodies on the xylophone every chance he could. His easy charm was even enough to catch the attention of perpetually busy Aria, who would keep him company between filibusters and debates. She liked to read him to sleep, especially since his temperamental sleep schedule fit in with her nocturnal lifestyle.

Isabella watched Thatcher grow carefully, her eye for detail and potential now fixed on her son. With Lenny a distant memory and growing more distant with each day, she turned to Brendan for insight and advice when she needed it - he helped her prep healthy meals, plan play dates, and navigate the complicated admissions process of LeFromage Art School when Isabella noticed Thatcher’s Artistic side.

One night, their friendship took a different turn. Aria had packed the house with Whelohffs, Bakers, and Knacks for yet another of her fundraisers and Isabella ducked out for a moment of peace and quiet. Brendan put Thatcher to bed then followed. It wasn’t exactly the sort of arrangement that Aria had pictured when she originally hired the help but she still supported the blossoming romance, turning attention away from the lovebirds as they snuck away to Isabella’s room with an impromptu and rousing inspirational speech to the wealthy guests.

anything