Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 119473 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2010, 07:44:59 AM »
have you tried aging the child up with birthday cake.Once it reaches young adult you can kick it out.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Sara

« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »
Poor child..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »
I don't have Ambitions yet, but may I ask - can the otherwise infertile Female Elders have kids from the Time Machine? I've been racking my brains as to how a finished Dynasty with a female heir might be extended after the challenge, and the Time Machine looks like the way to go.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
I've read the whole thread carefully.  How did you "delete" the child?

You need to open the cheats console and enable testing cheats (Ctrl+Shift+C then "testingcheatsenabled true").  Next shift-click on the child, Object, Delete It.  Easy as that.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2010, 10:28:14 PM »
Did you delete the child because s/he was not born as a result of a natural pregnancy?

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2010, 07:13:04 AM »
You need to open the cheats console and enable testing cheats (Ctrl+Shift+C then "testingcheatsenabled true").  Next shift-click on the child, Object, Delete It.  Easy as that.

Thank you very much ... I need to explore "testingcheats" a bit more, obviously!

Our other 'surprise gift' Time Machine child, in a different household, causes no trouble at all and is a hard-working little paragon of virtue!

Offline GlassMirrors

• Llama Wrangler
  • What? Never seen a dancing waffle before?
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2010, 12:46:07 AM »
I haven't started an inventor sim yet, I've only just been experimenting with Ambitions. As I got it two days ago. But so far it's nice. I'm improving the sculpturing skill, so that I can finally get some ice sculptures in the little family museum. x]

But I'm eager to create an inventor sim now, all this time-machine talk makes me all happy and curious! C:
My Links!

• ➸ The Marshall Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2010, 06:06:37 AM »

Never believed to hear such a tip from you. :P

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2010, 06:53:20 AM »
Never believed to hear such a tip from you. :P

Haha!  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2010, 04:01:15 AM »
Pam!! I hadn't read this lately and like Leto, reading that from you is to say the least very shocking!!  :o :o

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »
Pam!! I hadn't read this lately and like Leto, reading that from you is to say the least very shocking!!  :o :o

Well, sometimes an unexpected child from the Time Machine just can't happen.  Like once I was playing a tournament challenge and a child came out of the Time Machine.  The rules specifically stated that no other Sims could join the household, so I had no choice but to delete her from the file if I wanted to finish the challenge properly.  Personally, it's not my preferred play style, but there are times when things can't be helped.  And others sometimes need information.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »
I haven't started an inventor sim yet, I've only just been experimenting with Ambitions. As I got it two days ago. But so far it's nice. I'm improving the sculpturing skill, so that I can finally get some ice sculptures in the little family museum. x]

But I'm eager to create an inventor sim now, all this time-machine talk makes me all happy and curious! C:

Hi! Your Sim does not have to be an inventor to get a time machine. My Sim got one at the consignment store @ 1,200 simoleons (I think). I am not so much a fan of the time machine when my Sim who had reached the top of his career (and happy in it) went into the time machine for the second time and when he went out, he was into another career. A change that was so unwanted. Cant shake it off either, so I had to quit the game without saving rather than him starting up all over again in level 1 of that career.  :(

Offline Crimson

• Townie
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2010, 09:32:20 PM »
Also BuyDebug to cheat.
anyone have a cybernations account message me at nation ruler is twelve

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2010, 10:39:19 PM »
Well, sometimes an unexpected child from the Time Machine just can't happen.  Like once I was playing a tournament challenge and a child came out of the Time Machine.  The rules specifically stated that no other Sims could join the household, so I had no choice but to delete her from the file if I wanted to finish the challenge properly.  Personally, it's not my preferred play style, but there are times when things can't be helped.  And others sometimes need information.  :)
True! It was just shocking to read that!  ;D

Leto85

« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2010, 06:34:48 PM »

So I guess that when I am planning a vacation I have to find someone else than Pam to look after my baby sims? :(

anything