Author Topic: Woohooium, Secret Weapon? And Flourite.  (Read 70882 times)

Ange

Re: Woohooium, Secret Weapon? And Flourite.
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 06:36:30 AM »
Hi Pam,

Thanks for this quick answer ^^

In fact I've already found Woohooium by sculpting stone and digging in the ground but I'm interested in the transfiguration way ;)

If anyone know the new formula, I'm there \o/

Sara

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2010, 11:32:11 AM »
Let's see if it increases in value when people Woohoo right next to it, maybe the metal is gaining weight or so. Would be very not-EA like, they'd probably not promote 'Woohoo-ing' for simoleans! ;) But worth a try.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

poofypoof

Woohooium
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2010, 04:19:39 PM »
I have a tough time looking for Woohooium. Where can I find it? I've tried everything.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
Re: Woohooium
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
The only place I have been lucky to find it was rummaging through trash cans.  I think it shows up in the consignment shop also, but I rarely shop there, I can not be completely sure on that.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
Re: Woohooium
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 05:47:30 PM »
We already have a topic about this, so I'm merging them.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
The display case's name is Carter's Display Case XL Edition, and when you put 8 collectable items on it you can transfigure, and not "transmogrificate", wherever that came from.

The kid, Calvin (from the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes), is the one who is famous for transmorgifications.

As for Woohooium, the general theory that I've seen is that if you have it on the nightstand by the bed, you won't get rejected for WooHoo interactions.

So...now we have something to test, I suppose.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2011, 10:56:28 PM »
The display case's name is Carter's Display Case XL Edition, and when you put 8 collectable items on it you can transfigure, and not "transmogrificate", wherever that came from.

The kid, Calvin (from the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes), is the one who is famous for transmorgifications.

A transmogrificate (noun) is one who can change shape (usually flawed or with a humorous or grotesque appearance) to fit his/her surroundings.  To transmogrify (verb) means change and transmogrification means changes or the act of changing.   Note:  This word was first used in 1656  :o

To transfigure, on the other hand, means to alter the outward appearance of; transform.

So transfigure is really not the correct word to use but works for those of us that can't pronounce [or spell] transmogrificate - lol

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 03:57:46 AM »
A transmogrificate (noun) is one who can change shape (usually flawed or with a humorous or grotesque appearance) to fit his/her surroundings.  To transmogrify (verb) means change and transmogrification means changes or the act of changing.   Note:  This word was first used in 1656  :o

To transfigure, on the other hand, means to alter the outward appearance of; transform.

So transfigure is really not the correct word to use but works for those of us that can't pronounce [or spell] transmogrificate - lol

Thanks for the research, but in Sims Wiki it says transfiguration
See here - http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_collecting
Sorry if this is off topic  :)
So, has anyone found out if the current combination to get Woohooium works without Late Night? (I have Fast Lane Stuff, but not Late Night installed) Thanks in advance!
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 04:30:35 AM »
I believe the game actually calls it "transfigurification," which is neither transfiguration nor transmogrification.  It's a made-up Sims 3 word, apparently.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »

It works for me! I won't even try to spell transmogri-, ... transimogo,- ... never mind: transfiguration.

Offline Calgary_Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2011, 06:09:58 PM »
I believe the game actually calls it "transfigurification," which is neither transfiguration nor transmogrification.  It's a made-up Sims 3 word, apparently.

Yeah, they didn't want to get McGonagall mad.  Would you?

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2012, 07:15:34 AM »
I found some woohooium in my sims inventory after returning from a trip to China one time. Unfortunately I sold it not knowing how rare it is or how hard it would be to get any more.

I only noticed it in my inventory after returning from my trip so I don't know exactly how my same came to be in possession of it. Although I can say none of my sims have ever yet done any mining, or sculpting or rummaging through garbage cans.

I noticed a post earlier in this thread that said metals and gems cannot be found in the wild. My collection helper would strongly dissagree with this claim. They most certainly can be found in the wild and in abundance.  I just had a sim spend two days straight with Testingcheatsenabled on and needs set to static, teleporting from spawn point to spawn point gathering up every gem, lump of metal ore and space rock there was. and the next full week picking up everything that respawned. My trip length was 18 days but I gave up after that because it was just getting very boring picking up everything that respawned with no woohoium.

My previous sim that had it must have come across it some where. Didn't find any at the relic vendor. I'm wondering if it can spawn in the treasure chests in the tombs or maybe even from excavating dig sites.

The only thing I'm certain of is that neither mining nor sculpting are required as none of my sims have ever done either.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2012, 06:37:33 PM »
I found some woohooium in my sims inventory after returning from a trip to China one time. Unfortunately I sold it not knowing how rare it is or how hard it would be to get any more.

I only noticed it in my inventory after returning from my trip so I don't know exactly how my same came to be in possession of it. Although I can say none of my sims have ever yet done any mining, or sculpting or rummaging through garbage cans.

I noticed a post earlier in this thread that said metals and gems cannot be found in the wild. My collection helper would strongly dissagree with this claim. They most certainly can be found in the wild and in abundance.  I just had a sim spend two days straight with Testingcheatsenabled on and needs set to static, teleporting from spawn point to spawn point gathering up every gem, lump of metal ore and space rock there was. and the next full week picking up everything that respawned. My trip length was 18 days but I gave up after that because it was just getting very boring picking up everything that respawned with no woohoium.

My previous sim that had it must have come across it some where. Didn't find any at the relic vendor. I'm wondering if it can spawn in the treasure chests in the tombs or maybe even from excavating dig sites.

The only thing I'm certain of is that neither mining nor sculpting are required as none of my sims have ever done either.

I went through this thread to see where you saw a post about metals and gems not being found in the wild.  (Next time, quoting it would be good.)  I think you misunderstood what the poster was saying.  She wasn't saying that all metals and gems cannot be found in the wild, just the woohooium and flourite that we're discussing on this thread. 

About mining and sculpting, we're not saying they're required to find these items, just that a sculptor without the Savvy Sculptor trait will sometimes get one or the other when a sculpture fails and breaks.  And that these items can also be found mining.

As for your woohooium, it may have come from excavating a site while on vacation.  It can slip in without you realizing it like that.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2012, 03:42:03 PM »
This makes me want to dig in game code to figure this out. Coding can't lie!unfortunately I'm to afraid of breaking it. Could a coder get in there and do some translating?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Chuckles_82

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
I did a quick search of the gameplay data with notepad++ and in the social data resource it says something about the amorous value being 56 or 57 (provided the sims are romantic partners). I think that means that it is lower than usually required for a sim to accept the woohoo request. Whether that is the relationship bar, the flirty/alluring/irresistable I'm not sure. Someone might need to test in game. Normally it takes about 3 flirty interactions, 3 alluring interactions to get the other sim to find them irresistable. I'm not sure what the relationship threshold is for woohoo to be accepted normally.