Author Topic: Divine Life States (Complete 3/17/2013)  (Read 33803 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Divine Life States
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »
Aww they're so cute! Congrats on child requirements!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Divine Life States - Failed
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
So sorry for the quietness, I decided to focus on finishing it first, then leisurely going back and filling in the story (I had a hankering to start a second Immortal Dynasty).

Instead, I was heartily punished for some transgression that remains unknown by my 5th generation - as a teen - bugging the whole game out during photography. All attempts to fix it made it worse, and I'm really not well enough at present to go through the whole hassle of locating the problem and/or moving the family to another town.

So, my thanks to all my readers, and better luck next time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Divine Life States - Failed
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
Aww, that's sad to hear. I hop things are better next time.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »
You know what happens when you go back to this thinking 6 weeks later? You forget that generation 5 is a teenager, and mentally blame generation 4 for the destruction of the town.

Then you start playing other random files just for amusements, one of which happens to be in a virgin un-edited version of the destroyed town. And boom, it weirdly blows up anyway.

Or maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I have permission from Rica and Metro (thank you so very much!) to move this family elsewhere and pick up again. So I'll do a huge update first, then boot them off to where they will be living.

Thankfully, there are computers and tablets and even pen and paper, so they can stay in touch with the family who moved out and will remain behind.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
Yes, I indeed did a tiny happy dance when I saw that this was back. ;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »
Hurray!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »
"Shirin.

"Shirin!

"SHIRIN!"

"What?!"

"Where have you been? You know how I get when I don't have you to pick on!"

"I don't recall Neurotic being a trait of yours. Also, your town exploded. Plus, I got bogged down in finals and mandatory overtime at work. On top of which, I found out I was losing my new manager, was reassigned to yet another one, got pretty sick right after the desk move, found Guild Wars 2 (thieves are fun!), joined a gym and got a personal trainer. Oh yeah, and a friend is flying out soon. So, kinda busy."

"....it's about time you worked on getting into shape, fatty."

"And we're done, Ama."

"No, wait. Wait! I was kidding! Shirin!

"Shirin?

"...Shirin..."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013, 02:23:05 AM »
"...um, Shirin? Uh, hi. I'm Thoth. Y'know, your wrench in the works?

"Okay, I feel really stupid talking to myself. I don't know why Mom and Grandmom say that I should talk to some magical sky fairy named Shirin. I mean, what's next, butterfly-winged bears eating bon bons? Oh man, nevermind. That gave me a bad image.

"Um, anyway...oh cripes, now Grandmom is staring at me. Okay, okay. Hey, Shirin, whoever you are, this is Thoth. I screwed up by not being a girl. Uh, sorry about that. Not that I had anything to do with it, but yeah. So...I guess I should show everyone the pictures that you aren't..."

"This is Joey. We got him for Ma'at, since she's a dog person. Plus, it calmed Mom down a bit. Well, except for the constant yapping."

"And this is Ma'at playing with Joey at the beach. He really liked her."

"And this is us going to the prom. We didn't take any dates or anything. But after that night, I was dating a friend of mine, Ernie Valdes. It wasn't long until we graduated and grew up, either."

"Well after that, I realized that I had only agreed to date Ernie because I didn't want to hurt him. But I had to give him the bad news that I couldn't be with him, mostly because he couldn't parent my child. I'm sure you can imagine how that went."

"But he calmed down, and we stayed friends after I explained that my mother was a bit rabid about grandchildren. Speaking of rabid..."

"Anyway, I found a beautiful woman I wanted to marry. I knew she could bear my children. I offered her freedom to throw off her chains of servitude. Ma'at, when she found out, said that agreeing to marry me and bear my children in order to live with us freely was another sort of servitude, but Ma'at doesn't really like guys. Besides, she's the dumb twin."

"This is Khalilah. She did me the honor of being my wife. And while she worked on becoming an International Super Spy, I went to work as a chef at the diner down the road. Not glamorous, but close to home. Dad died, too."

"In order to honor his memory, I decided to work on my magical skills. Even though I am a culinary artist, I figured I could also become a mystic healer. After all, my dad was a doctor too."

"Oh, and we practiced for the children part. Khali really liked that!"

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 02:55:47 AM »
"Geeze, Mom and Grandmom are crazy about this. So Shirin, whoever and whatever and wherever you are, Grandmom is very very sorry. She said she didn't mean it. Whatever she said. She'll even have more kids if you want, just to prove it. But please, please, I'm begging you. Don't want it. Grandmoms aren't supposed to get pregnant. That's just...ew.

"But um, I guess you know this, but I feel like insanity is creeping in. So I'm just going to do a dialogue with myself and maybe I won't feel all creeped out."

"Ma'at and Joey moved out, into Granddad's old place. I figured it would have sold, but I guess he held onto the deed when he married Grandmom, and she held onto it after he died. Grandmom gave Ma'at the deed as a wedding present, too, when Ma'at married some woman she met, named Kyra. I guess she's ok.

"Nothing much else happened. Just a lot of work. Grandmom had given me this crazy list of things to do. And now I have to tell you all about them, Shirin. So, uh, here goes?

"My best friend is a genie, named Bryant Spicer. I earned my cooking skill certificate, and my work gave me a food processor - the Ingredient Eviscerator 235X. I did three opportunities - Free the Genie, The Dish Showdown, and A Plumber and A Fisherman. I purchased Magic Hands (Khali agrees I have them, hehe), Flying Vacuum, Discount Diner, Born to Cook. I wished to Own 7 Venues, Master Alchemy Skill, Marry Khalilah, Master Cooking Skill, Reach Level 10 of Culinary Career. My challenges to complete were Master Alchemist, Alchemists Anonymous, Excellent Elixirs, Menu Maven, Star Chef, World-Class Chef. And my contribution to the family collection are some elixirs.

"No offense, Shirin, but that's kind of a ridiculous list. But, once I did that, Grandmom told me to go have babies with Khali. Which she and I wanted anyway."

"Though it wasn't nice of her to wish her colleagues on me when she was in labor! I mean, it's not like I did all the work by myself. Ahem..."

"Our firstborn was a genie, like her mother, whom we named Ishtar. Then we had a little witchling, named Aradia. Last up was another genie, named Inanna. I was so pleased to see that lovely azure shade get passed on."

"We were so pleased, I completely forgot to take a photo of Inanna when she was a toddler. So I figure I just won't share the toddler photos.

"Um, anyway, we had considered giving Grandmom's list to Ishtar to do, but she was diagnosed with Insanity as a child. I really wanted to give her that list, but she would keep babbling on about an Uncle Metro and an Auntie Rica and an Auntie Pam. Oh, and she also said she was friends with some grim guys, but they ate a lot of lava, and that's why they're so red.

"After that, Grandmom was firm when the girls turned into teenagers, and it was true insanity and not just a phase. I had to give the list to Inanna."

"So when she graduated, I did."

"While in school, the girls did go to prom, but were adamant about no photos. Aradia thought it was unnecessary, Inanna said something about feeling blue (the smart aleck), and Ishtar said that if we took photos, the boss (of something) would find her. Inanna wound up with a boyfriend, Kenji Wellman. But after graduation, they just drifted apart. Ishtar said she had to move before the boss found her in this house, and Aradia promised to keep an eye on her. So they moved out, and Aradia also started to date Kenji's brother, Randolph. So really, Khali and I were relieved there were two people to watch Ishtar."

"I mean, look at this. Wouldn't you be worried?

"As for Inanna? Well, I'll let her tell you her story, Shirin. If you actually exist. Hey, maybe you're the reason behind this!"

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2013, 10:35:49 PM »

I just started reading this! How fun. Hm, maybe Inanna will have fun up there are meet a nice alien spouse? Her mother, Khali the genie is quite lovely. I love her hair style. Thoth is quite handsome, too!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2013, 03:02:40 AM »
Thanks!  :)

I'd planned on updating more with Inanna's version, but I had a guest in town this weekend, and got only snippets of play time in (as in, when I should be sleeping now, Inanna's heir hit young adult and has a future spouse secured). But never fear! That story is coming along, and then we'll find out where they moved, who the heir is, and the future spouse.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2013, 12:21:48 PM »
"Dad!"

"Yes, Nan?"

"Why does Grandmom and Grandma say I have to try to talk to someone named Shirin?"

"They're old and senile."

"Oh. Well, okay then. Where did you leave off again?"

"Right, right. Thanks, Dad. Um, anyway. So, uh, Shirin. Whoever or whatever you are. I don't remember much from that, but I'm pretty sure you aren't an alien. Grandmom says you're her...or she's you. Or something like that. She's pretty sure you didn't send the aliens. I think. She's sulking quite a bit that you aren't talking to her.

"So Dad says I need to tell you about my lifelong accomplishments. Or something like that. But can you do me a favor? Can you please please PLEASE talk to Grandmom after this? She's quite nutty, and Dad tried to see if her pollen punch was tampered with, but his hand got stuck in her fairy house. And she got so mad, she started biting his fingers. Grandma had to use melted butter to get Dad's hand unstuck, and Grandmom got really mad that her fairy house smells like popcorn. Uh, thanks.

"Um, anyway. After school, I went to work on inventing things. Yeah, I know, clumsy me on the inventing table. Crazy, right? So I invented and built, built and invented, then just built a lot more. I finished the Scrap Collector and the Diabolical Detonator challenges. But the best part was building what was billed as The Ultimate Invention."

"I called him C-3PO. I found this note stuck to my bench the day I finished him, saying that was his designation. I also did a lot of fixing things up, or upgrading things. Grandma said I was officially an Electrician, and a Tinkerer, and a Plumber. She also told me I had to add some things to the museum, so I did a whole bunch of inventions. They fit on Grandmom's ice pedestals anyway.

"Ok, this is really really boring. Just trust me, I did what you wanted. I'd rather introduce you to my hunk. Yes, that's right. Ishy is pretty but whacked, and Dia has her own creature of the night."

"His name is Shea Sutherland. I'd almost feel bad about taking him from his wife, Cristy, but...well I don't. All's fair in love and war, as they say. They do have a daughter, Jess, but I don't have any pictures. She was mad at me - just for a little bit - and Shea asked me to respect her space.

"Anyway, we got married on a rainy Lucky Palms day, with my new Climatron Control Unit in attendance."

"And then we made some pretty babies! But sorry, I was too busy playing with them to take proper pictures. Umm, oh here, have this one. And a few others..."

"I thought about showing you their childhood pictures, but it's embarrassing when parents trot that stuff out, isn't it? So I'll show you the official teen pictures."

"This is Ninshubur. She's a genie, like me."

"And this is Lilith. She's a vampire like her daddy.

"Speaking of vampires...Shea did something very much unexpected! He told me that he loved me, and our daughters, and he believed in this crazy scheme of yours, so he would give up his vampirism! Instead of just moving out so he could stay alive longer, he'd rather...die of old age?"

"Well, it sounded noble at the time!"

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2013, 01:54:12 PM »
"Ok, Shirin, or whoever you are. This 'mysterious sky fairy' routine is getting old, and you haven't even talked to me. In fact, I think we're all kind of tired of it, so knock off the tantrum!"

"Aren't you a mouthy one?"

"...what the heck?"

"What makes you think I was having a tantrum? Perhaps I've been busy peering into your future."

"Oh. Man. A smart aleck."

"Indeed. And as I once told your Grandmom, you shouldn't play these games with me, little Lil."

"Whatever. Did you have to move us to this valley?"

"I thought you liked the new way to do homework."

"Just shut up. Are you going to make me trot out that list of things to do, just so I can have a baby?"

"No, dear, I won't. You'd get mouthy, then I would have to hit you hard enough to change your personality, then your Auntie Rica and Uncle Metro would scowl."

"Who?"

"Ask your Grandmom. I assume your family lost a lot of photos in the move from Lucky Palms to Sunset Valley?"

"Yeah, or we left them with the aunts."

"Fair enough. So tell me what you've done since. And before you tell me that I already know this, think of it as a report for your mysterious Auntie Rica and Uncle Metro."

"....oh man. Ok then, but will you talk to Grandmom after this? If I do this?"

"Sure, if you make it count."

"Sweet! So, to start, I met this guy at school, Michael Bachelor? He's a bit of a milquetoast. I mean, I was even able to make him think about me!"

"Grandmother Kali died. I think she was startled by a mouse in the wall or something."

"And then Grandfather met a new...woman?"

"School was pretty boring otherwise. But here's pictures of Ninshubur and me when we grew up."

"Oh yeah, she had dated Ethan Bunch in high school, but after seeing his little brother? I swear, that kid not only fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on his way down, but afterwards, the ugly tree uprooted itself to beat him some more!"

"Don't tell that to Drizzelda."

"...who?"

"Nevermind, dear. Do continue."

"So anyway, Ninshubur broke up with Ethan after I convinced her she could not mate with him. Bring those genes into the family? Ew! Then she became a scientist to see if she could fix their genes, and moved out so she wouldn't have to hear my opinion on that idea."

"Grandfather says I'm one of the most evil vampires he's ever known. He's a flatterer, but I like it! I decided to make him crazy, though, so I married a policeman. His name is Hank Goddard. And wow, it was FUN convincing him to break up with that feeble Pauline."

"About the only other thing really interesting is that we had a party one day. Some idiot vampire decided to die instead of eating the plasma fruit. And then some other idiot vampire named Chris Steel gave Grandfather some flowers. Like it would make him feel better or something."

"Then my father died, of that old age he was so eager to die from."

"Mother told me now was the perfect time to have a child. And she told Hank that too, and he really liked that idea."

"My daughter, Demona."

"And her twin sister, Mary.

"OH! And after she moved out? My silly sister started to date Ethan Bunch again! Just...ew."

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »
"Dear Lil, the picture of you in labor is positively disturbing!"

"I know, isn't it great? I get two minions! Oh, and sorry for not showing it to you earlier. Didn't want to scare you."

"Then don't start now."

"This is when I was making friends with Mary."

"And when Mary found a boyfriend at school, Tate Vance. He's a gypsy or something. I think."

"But mostly, it was just a routine until the girls grew up."

"Demona wanted to move out, and Mary just wanted to play."

"Mary got married, to the son of Marty and Justine Keaton. His name is Keenan. He was a dumb puppy, but he gave up the fur for my daughter."

"The biggest party we had was at the Spring Festival. All sorts of dancing!"

"I think Grandmom is worried about Grandfather, though."

"We had a swimming pool built."

"But it was filled in after Hank died. I thought he was smart, but nooo...he jumped into the pool with one of Mother's Harvesters, and drowned because of it!"

"I'll try to find the actual picture...yes, I took a picture of my dying husband. Hey, we all deal with grief differently!

"But at this point, I think it's Mary's story. Ok, I lied. I'll tell you the rest, because I like the attention.

"Mary beat up a burglar, she threatened to shove his face into the horse's rear end if he came around again."

"Then she and Keenan got around to having a baby. But they decided to experiment with Grandma's ghost potions first."

"Their firstborn is named Belen. She didn't want to stay too long, I think she was afraid of Grandma during full moons. But on their second experiment with the ghost potions, they had a little ghost baby, and named her Hél."

"And now you're all caught up! At least, until it's Hél's turn."

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2013, 12:24:52 AM »

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I'm sorry you had to uproot your save file to a new town. Glad it's otherwise in tact, though! The picture of Lilith is just hilarious, and her daughter Demona looks just like her. It really was fitting for the game to give your vampire the evil trait. And did Hank really drown because of a harvester in his inventory?