Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141298 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2010, 03:24:07 AM »
A home opportunity told him to explore a tomb or two in Egypt, so once in Egypt, he accepted the Trapped at Home adventure from the adventure board. I'm wondering if he should cancel the Trapped at Home adventure in order to be able to receive the Cursed adventure which will give me visa credit for exploring the Great Sphinx.

Ok.  So, you're thinking that you're going to explore the Sphinx anyway to get cured of the curse, so you want to get Visa points for doing it?  I've never had a Sim get cursed and I've never played the adventure for it.  But I think it's the one where you need to get soaked, cursed, and something else.  The thing I'm not sure of is whether the fact that your Sim is already cursed will let you successfully complete the cursed adventure.  I do know that the soaked, cursed adventure comes from the Adventure Board, so you'll have to either finish the Trapped at Home adventure or cancel it to even have a chance at another one.  I hope this helps.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2010, 03:29:02 AM »
'Burnt, Soaked and Cursed' in roughly that order. That is the Adventure you are talking about Pam.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

steelviper266

« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2010, 03:36:41 AM »
@ratchie:  Yes, you can have romantic involvement with distant cousins.  If they are too closely related, the game won't even bring up Romantic interactions.  So, by the time they are several generations removed, it's ok.

@steelviper:  It sounds like you've got a piece of bad custom content, even though you're not actively running it.  From the Sims 3 launcher, click on Installed Content and look for the bare chest item and delete it.  Delete any others that are questionable while you're at it.  Then restart the game and see what happens.  We here at the Forum strongly discourage the use of any third party custom content for this very reason.  It can really mess up your game.

The bare chested content must have been installed from tsr dl cuz never showed in installed content....I uninstalled all custom content with exception of buy objects from the store. If this dosen't work just gonna do a clean install and restart.

Thank you for your help and advice, Pam.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #273 on: September 19, 2010, 03:40:22 AM »
The bare chested content must have been installed from tsr dl cuz never showed in installed content....I uninstalled all custom content with exception of buy objects from the store. If this dosen't work just gonna do a clean install and restart.

Thank you for your help and advice, Pam.

You're welcome.  Keeping only objects from the Sims 3 Store is a good start.  If you end up doing a reinstall, be sure to check our Technical Help board for suggestions and advice for it to go smoothly.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

steelviper266

« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2010, 03:55:18 AM »
You're welcome.  Keeping only objects from the Sims 3 Store is a good start.  If you end up doing a reinstall, be sure to check our Technical Help board for suggestions and advice for it to go smoothly.

One more question? Is it ok to add created sims from the create sim panel because most sims in my town are old?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2010, 04:09:12 AM »
One more question? is it ok to add created sims from the create sim panel cuz most sims in my town are old.

For Pinstar's legacy, the answer is yes, but they can never become part of your household.  However, their children are eligible.  Also, the game has a story progression feature that brings new Sims into town on a regular basis.  If you have your Sim read the newspaper, it will tell you who moves to town.  You can literally go door to door to see who lives in a house and get to know them.  And if you have children or teens in school, select the "Meet New Friends" tone (in the upper left corner) while they are at school.  This will help your family meet new and younger Sims.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #276 on: September 19, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »
From Carl's Guide:
The Great Sphinx
This is my favored way of removing the curse. Shortly after being cursed, if you have no other opportunities in Egypt, you'll get an adventure called Cursed!. While you don't have to do the adventure to gain entry to the Sphinx, you can turn it into a nice way to earn some extra VISA points. Not only are you treated to an impressive visual display by the Great Sphinx, you'll also unlock a good place to come back and collect tons of gems later.

My bolds. This is what I'm referring to. Thanks for trying to help, Pam.

Edit: Now that I've played this part, I can share that the Cursed opportunity came by phone call, and unfortunately arrived just as I was approaching the soulpiece statue, which was too late for achieving that particular opportunity, as it required "pleading" to the Great Sphinx before entering. However it'll be a nice tomb to come back to for loot each visit.

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #277 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:15 PM »
Thanks for clarifying, LlamaMama.  Good information.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: September 20, 2010, 02:23:28 PM »
I noticed that my child sim gets wishes for LTWs that reflect the artistic activity going on around her, despite that her randomized traits don't include Artistic. Is it possible that those LTWs won't come up for her once she's YA, and I would need commit her to one of them as early as childhood so not to miss the chance?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2010, 06:54:16 PM »
I would say if you feel that is the right LTW for them to choose it when it comes up in childhood.

I have a question do you feel that you need to get your heirs married and with child as soon as possible or are you willing to wait. I sometimes get into panic mode and marry my poor Sim off to the first bloke she lays her eyes on. In my experience Sims are pretty fertile so I don't know why I feel the need to rush things.
I think its slightly harder with males because there is that risk the spouse to be is about to age up into an elder.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »
I noticed that my child sim gets wishes for LTWs that reflect the artistic activity going on around her, despite that her randomized traits don't include Artistic. Is it possible that those LTWs won't come up for her once she's YA, and I would need commit her to one of them as early as childhood so not to miss the chance?

The LTW choices that come up at Young Adult are more reflective of their actual traits than the influences they receive out in the world.  So, I would say, yes, if you really like the LTW and it's not related to traits, go ahead and take it.  It's not likely to come up again.  It's possible, but not likely if it's been caused by outside events.
I have a question do you feel that you need to get your heirs married and with child as soon as possible or are you willing to wait. I sometimes get into panic mode and marry my poor Sim off to the first bloke she lays her eyes on. In my experience Sims are pretty fertile so I don't know why I feel the need to rush things.
I think its slightly harder with males because there is that risk the spouse to be is about to age up into an elder.

Rachel

I don't think it's necessary right away.  You've got two life phases before the females become barren at Elder.  I've never had a sim fail to get pregnant, even if they have to try for baby 3 or 4 times in a row or try on more than one day.  There's also the Fertility Treatment Lifetime Happiness Reward that will almost guarantee a pregnancy, usually twins.  It wouldn't take long for her to meet several guys so that she would have a choice in a spouse, especially if you have the Observant reward and she can learn their first 3 traits right away.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »
My founders and heirs are usually female, so I definitely feel the clock when it comes to finding a husband. To try something different, in my recent legacy I focused on laying down a strong financial foundation in the first generation, so while I married her off right away, she didn't try to get pregnant until she turned Adult. As in real life, that results in an elder mom for a young family. She's in her late 70s with a child and a teen still. I hope she lives to see a grandchild.

I don't feel that rush with a male heir, because he can father a child anytime. As long as he marries a YA, he'll get kids.

The Sims mimics life in so many ways!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2011, 03:05:25 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but from the tidbits I've read, I think this is an excellent help for Legacies. I'm trying to find a feasible way to get a hard copy (it's 57 pages when I try to print it!).
Any chance this could be stickied? I think it'd be great - It'd be easy to find (I have to rely on bookmarks).

Also, can anybody please give me some advice on money? I always seem to spend my Legacy heir's fortune on random stuff I don't need (like cars. Curse my addiction to downloading cars from the store!).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2011, 03:36:32 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but from the tidbits I've read, I think this is an excellent help for Legacies. I'm trying to find a feasible way to get a hard copy (it's 57 pages when I try to print it!).
Any chance this could be stickied? I think it'd be great - It'd be easy to find (I have to rely on bookmarks).

Also, can anybody please give me some advice on money? I always seem to spend my Legacy heir's fortune on random stuff I don't need (like cars. Curse my addiction to downloading cars from the store!).

Sure, I'll sticky it for you.

My suggestion for quick money early in the game is to travel to Shang Simla, China and take the Telescopic Metal adventure.  Use the map tags to collect the best metals:  platinum, mercury, and palladium.  If you also take all the books from the bookcases at the Base Camp and sell them when you get back home, you'll have $20,000 to $30,000 in family funds when you add the smelted metals.  If you never actually complete the adventure, you can return to China to collect more metals until the Sim who wants it dies.  Even then, you can get the same adventure again at least until you can get a Collection Helper.

For long term income, I like money trees.  A nice big grove of money trees!  Breaking space rocks for gems is also a good source of income. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2011, 04:21:39 AM »
In my Character Legacy I did my favourite method: Agnes.  :D I actually think Agnes is epic though so it isn't just Money and she married him in the end. I also had Mikey go into Business and that got quite a bit of money early on especially with the meetings which were a great help.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything