Poll

Vote for your favourite house - you may vote for up to 3 houses.

Memory Lane by Dellena
9 (12.9%)
The Louten House by ladybug53
5 (7.1%)
Winter Special comp House by Neashaleigh
7 (10%)
X-mas X-travaganza by Saltpastillen
6 (8.6%)
Maywood Lodge by Decima
5 (7.1%)
Louten Family Home by Micler
12 (17.1%)
Louten Lodge by hazelnut
8 (11.4%)
Evergreen House by Alex
10 (14.3%)
Festive Louten House by Kochou1331
8 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: January 04, 2013, 11:46:30 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest  (Read 23011 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »
The free items must be available in the store now for anyone to download. Registration items are only available to those who have registered that particular item, so sorry, no registration gifts.

Just to clear up for future reference as some have asked before - we do allow the use of Registration Reward Items in normal contests as they are free store content but in this Contest they are not allowed since only Base Game content is allowed and the rewards are unlocked through the purchase of the expansions.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 08:01:42 AM »
Do we then have to be careful with what patterns we use when customising furniture etc, as some become available when installing the different expansion packs but this is not evident when customising which expansion packs the patterns became available with?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »
Patterns should be OK, they get added to everyone's games when you patch your game. So even though you don't have Seasons installed, for example, if you have downloaded the Seasons patch your game will have the Seasons patterns.

samoht04 or Twinmum please correct me if I'm wrong.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »
Are we allowed to use items from Riverview, since its free?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »
Are we allowed to use items from Riverview, since its free?

Yes, Riverview content is allowed.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 04:34:14 AM »
Can we use the fog emitter effects? I'm sure it was listed when I clicked 'base game only' stuff, but I seem to have a vague memory of it coming with Ambitions, or WA. I don't really remember.  ::)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:28 AM »
I'm not sure when it was introduced. It may have come with Ambitions, but it might have also come in a patch at the same time. I can't check at the moment myself because my base game only setup is on my daughter's computer and my youngest is on my Sims computer. I should be able to check tomorrow if no one can confirm if it's available to the base game. If it came with a patch then certainly, it's usable.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 09:06:02 AM »
I'm not sure when it was introduced. It may have come with Ambitions, but it might have also come in a patch at the same time. I can't check at the moment myself because my base game only setup is on my daughter's computer and my youngest is on my Sims computer. I should be able to check tomorrow if no one can confirm if it's available to the base game. If it came with a patch then certainly, it's usable.

The fog emitter is now available with the base game thanks to a fairly recent patch. It used to be ambitions, but not anymore.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 12:41:44 AM »
Thank you Neashaleigh for that. So the fog emitter can be used as it is available in the base game.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 12:58:40 AM »
Thanks.  :)

Dellena

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 06:54:00 AM »
Can anyone confirm that the  Home > Sets > Holidays & Gifts > Happy Holiday Presents sets are all free?  I've downloaded in the past so when I click on the set, it just has the download button and I can't see if they were free or cost anything.

Offline EnglishRose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 10:43:02 AM »
Yes they are definitely free, I have never bought simpoints but I downloaded them! You should be ok to use them :)

Dellena

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
I want to thank the creators of this challenge for the wonderful experience they’ve granted me.  When I first saw this challenge, it peaked my interests and started me down a trip through Memory Lane.

My mother’s favourite holiday was Christmas.  Our house would be brightly lit, the tree bursting with decorations, lights and tinsel.  There would be lights around all the windows, in and out - Christmas window clings, scented candles and my favourite responsibility (as I was the youngest) was setting up a lovely nativity scene that’s been in my family since I can remember.  The decorating process was as fun as the holiday itself.  Opening the boxes and unwrapping decorations where almost each one held a special memory.  Christmas was magic because my mother made it so.  The first weekend after Thanksgiving, whether he wanted to or not, she’d have my dad up the ladder stringing all the lights around the roof and hanging the big lit Christmas stars (my father was a welder and he made the metal stars that were then covered in tinsel and lights).  It was a sight and memories I now treasure like precious gold.

So as I strolled through Memory Lane, I realized there was a house that I had never built in Sims 3 - my childhood home where most of these memories were made.  So I set out on this journey and I want to, again, thank the challenge creators as this has been a lovely, though often emotional, endeavor.

You see, I lost my mother to a brain tumor several years ago and the holidays have just never been quite as bright.  There is no way to express the sense of loss and I think of her often.  She would have loved the Sims and seeing what I built.  She loved looking at houses just like I do.  I know, if she could see this house that I’ve built, one of the first things she would say would be, “Your room was never that clean.” :)  I love and miss you, Mom.

Memory Lane
Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest
Price of Furnished Lot: 89,534
Content Used: Base Game and the following from the store:
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=12239&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:18618&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=12238

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=12752&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:24476&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=12238

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13227&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:42771&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=12238

This build can be downloaded from this thread:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13755.0.html

This build was tested and all appliances and plumbing worked at the time of saving to the library.

SPECIAL NOTE:  You'll notice in this build that the Christmas tree blocks the front door.  I did this because that's what my mother did. :)  She'd lock the front door and open that corner for the tree.  All of our friends and neighbours used the side door anyway. :)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
The Louten House
by ladybug53

The Louten house is built on 17 Maywood Lane in Sunset Valley.

Lot size : 30 x 40
Price Furnished : 89,516
Price unfurnished : 48,738

Base game only.
Free items from the store : Happy New Year' 11 - Tis The Season For Gift Giving - More Holiday Presents - Happy Holiday Presents.
Link for free items : http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?catalogId=10143&categoryId=&scategoryId=12238&pcategoryId=12858&ppcategoryId=12238

This home was built for the Louten family. It consists of : Main Floor - kitchen, living room with fireplace, den, storage room for the seasonal decorations, fitness room and a 3pc bathroom. Second Floor : 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a sitting area. Outside there is a nice size garden, a patio with a grill plus a swing set. This home is large enough for a growing family.

Click to enlarge image

Link for Download :  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13771.0.html
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »
My game is currently in summer but it's forecasted to rain for the next several days. Will it be a problem taking photos while it's raining? I can't change the weather :(
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio