Author Topic: Changing nickname on thesims3.com  (Read 6864 times)

Leto85

Changing nickname on thesims3.com
« on: November 26, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »
I hope this topic is in the right place otherwise another mod may feel like- ... yes, I just really said that because the question I am asking isn't really suitable in any place here I guess sinse it's about thesims3.com rather than the game itself but putting these excuses aside here it comes:

How can I change my nickname on the sims3.com? I have called myself Leto19857 because back in 2009 when I was young and pretty and had all my teeth when I was about to buy the sims 3 I could register my old sims 2 nickname and apparently I called myself back in 2004 Leto19857 for whatever reason I did that. But as I am Leto85 on this forum because Leto01 up to Leto84 was already taken I just like to have that nickname on thesims3.com as well, if possible.

Anyone knows?

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
Re: Changing nickname on thesims3.com
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »
As far as I know there's no way to change your name. A quick google search is saying the same thing and that people have gone to ea live chat and been told that they'd have to buy the games again and make a new account.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:35:55 PM »
As far as I know there's no way to change your name. A quick google search is saying the same thing and that people have gone to ea live chat and been told that they'd have to buy the games again and make a new account.

Buying the games again? Haha, really?
For sure I will do that, when I am finally richer than my sims. :P

Buying the games again... 10.000 expansions and 20.000 stuff packs...

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »
Actually, you don't have to register a game to have an account over there. Both the twinkids have accounts at the official site without registering a game. The other way would be to register the next EP or SP that you buy to a new account.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

thesweetestpea

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
Actually, you don't have to register a game to have an account over there. Both the twinkids have accounts at the official site without registering a game. The other way would be to register the next EP or SP that you buy to a new account.

If you don't have certain games registered to your account, you lose privileges. I have my games registered to two accounts with Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons on the one that everybody from here knows. Because I have WA and Ambitions registered to another account, I can't be gifted the mummy and simbot elixirs. It's no biggie for me, but if you have Showtime, you can only simport on the account that you have it registered on.

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 02:51:34 AM »
If you don't have certain games registered to your account, you lose privileges. I have my games registered to two accounts with Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons on the one that everybody from here knows. Because I have WA and Ambitions registered to another account, I can't be gifted the mummy and simbot elixirs. It's no biggie for me, but if you have Showtime, you can only simport on the account that you have it registered on.

I see. But is there a special benefit for registering your expansions over different accounts?

thesweetestpea

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 03:52:07 AM »
I see. But is there a special benefit for registering your expansions over different accounts?

No. It's better to keep them on one account. That's why it's very hard to change your account name.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:57:32 AM »
No. It's better to keep them on one account. That's why it's very hard to change your account name.

But didn't you know that before than? Depending on the answer I might be offtopic. :P