Author Topic: Problems with Seasons  (Read 3259 times)

Offline armstras06

• Llama Wrangler
Problems with Seasons
« on: November 28, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
Is anyone having issues with seasons crashing?, I had EA check it out they can't find a thing. I've had my computer checked and there is nothing wrong with it. I'm at a lose, I can't play seasons more then 30 mins not. Granted it seems to happen when I use testingcheatsenabled true so I can edit a sim. Also happens when I try to create a household. After that if I try and save it says "error 12"

Anyone had this problem and solved it?

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Re: Problems with seasons
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »
I had the 'error 12' when trying to save but only once. I turned my laptop off immediately after it came up and it seemed to solve the problem for me.

As for the game crashing, my game crashes to the desktop all the time for no particular reason, and although I've had my laptop checked out, it still goes on. I don't have any advice to give for that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:01:18 AM »
No memorable crashes during normal play here, but some extremely frustrating freezes when trying to save. It happened on two separate occasions after going into build/buy mode on my own lot (I eventually managed to solve that with the "move out with house" evict option), and now it's happening again and I suspect it is related to the real estate "build/buy on this lot", though I've been too ticked off to confirm my suspicion.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 12:55:23 AM »
I'm also having the message to 'debug'. If I say no, my game crashes. If I say yes, it crashes. This has been happening more often since installing Seasons.

Offline jenufa

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:50:22 AM »
You aren't alone - many are having the same problem.  Check threads over on the Technical Help forum. 

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
Well... the game needs heavy memory RAM to run properly, and if you have small memory size this is the main cause of crashes. Also, I don't know exactly why, but the game needs Microsoft.NetFramework 4 to run properly. Anyway this is a Technical Help discussion, so for future problems post there your questions...

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »
My game did crash a few times, when I first installed Seasons. I don't know what caused it the first couple of times, but the later crashes happened when I'd built a second storey onto my sims' house and tried to save. Happened three times in a row before I looked it up and saw others were having the same problem. I installed ErrorTrap and OverWatch and didn't build a second storey onto that particular house again, and my game's been right as rain ever since. I do have a reasonably good computer and use little CC and mods, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
Re: Problems with Seasons
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 03:18:19 PM »
I have found in any new game I start, when i try and get my sim to take a bubble bath, it will just be a bath and have no tranquil 8hr moodlet.  But in my saved games, it still works.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
Re: Problems with Seasons
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »
I've had that same problem, jen.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

anything