Author Topic: What is 'Legacy'? (Newbie alert!)  (Read 3673 times)

Offline kat

• Townie
What is 'Legacy'? (Newbie alert!)
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:15:58 PM »
Hi all, am working my way around the site and forum, and note that a lot of you mention a 'Legacy', which I assume is a type of challenge? Please can someone fill me in as it sounds interesting...
thanks!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: What is 'Legacy'? (Newbie alert!)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »
Not a problem at all. A legacy is a challenge where you will make ten generations of Sims. There are some pretty deep rules for actually following the challenge. Check here for the official thread:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/39862.page

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »
Hi kat...I copied rules for a legacy (I think it's Pinstar's legacy rules) and am going to try it.  I usually give my simmies a running start at a successful life by providing some decent stuff to begin, so this is going to a stretch for me.  :P  One thing I have to draw the line at...must have bathroom...even if they don't have a house.  :D

Good luck!  :)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »
If you give your sim the Loves the outdoors trait the sim will get a positive moodlet from being outside and then having no house is actually an advantage.

I have a sim who owns every business in town but has no house except for a tiny little outhouse so she doesn't get embarrassed if the mailman shows up while she's on the toilet. :D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
If you give your sim the Loves the outdoors trait the sim will get a positive moodlet from being outside and then having no house is actually an advantage.

I have a sim who owns every business in town but has no house except for a tiny little outhouse so she doesn't get embarrassed if the mailman shows up while she's on the toilet. :D

What the heck? I've got to try that..

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:56:09 PM »
Thanks guys, looks interesting. will try out a few of the shorter challenges first, methinks...

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 02:16:57 AM »

You definitely should try it. I played the Renaissance challenge this way and err... *cough* kicked your butt! *cough*

:D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 02:36:28 AM »
Oh...  snap!  Rofl!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 11:19:01 PM »

You definitely should try it. I played the Renaissance challenge this way and err... *cough* kicked your butt! *cough*

:D

Lol yes, you sure did. That's the best beatdown anyone's given me so far. Must.. get... revenge!

Offline Holmes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 10:44:41 AM »
heh. This is the way I play with a lot of my sims. (Even if they don't love the outdoors). No rain, no mosquitoes, only reason for room(s) is for pre-moodlet manager, or people who can't use the moodlet manager (children, infants).

Only need to have wall(s) to support certainly types of plumbing (e.g. probably toilet, shower, sink), and post paintings. And note that paintings hung on OUTSIDE walls count towards "house decorated with xx paintings" count.

And yes, I build pretty houses too... but when I'm optimaxing... it's the 1-2 walls, toilet, shower, sink on other side, etc.

-Holmes

anything