Author Topic: Which Traits Are Must-Haves  (Read 15272 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: Which Traits Are Must-Haves
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 11:54:19 PM »
I have not yet figured out how to fight another sim. Even my sim who'd mastered martial arts didn't seem to have the option of beating up the robber on her property. In fact, I don't know how to beat up a slow-moving mummy. I just wait until they start the fight.

My Dramatic sim surprised me the other day by putting on an intensely dramatic outfit that wasn't in her dresser. She then set out to seduce her husband.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 12:07:41 AM »
I have not yet figured out how to fight another sim. Even my sim who'd mastered martial arts didn't seem to have the option of beating up the robber on her property. In fact, I don't know how to beat up a slow-moving mummy. I just wait until they start the fight.

That's the only way it works with mummies and robbers.  You can't make them do it.  It's only with regular Sims that you can argue and escalate to a full blown fistfight.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »
I used to like green thumb, angler but found that sims can still be interested in these things without having to take up slots for them.  I really love charisma. ;D  It can make making friends very easy without too much work, which really comes in handy with WA.  There's many challenges that require sims to talk to locals and having the friendly trait wasn't getting it.  Friendly is pretty much a waste of time in my book as it contributes almost nothing to making friends.  Besides it takes a slot away from  really important traits like hopeless romantic and flirty. ;D  You put these 3 traits together and you can get a husband in no time. :D 

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »
The Random Wishmaster Challenge is giving me a whole new perspective on traits I've never used before.  Some traits just seem a waste of a slot: example, Never Nude - who cares?  But one of my Randoms has the Insane trait, and it has unanticipated benefits.  The Guide points out that Insane sims can meet their Social need by talking to themselves, but it doesn't mention that they also get a lot of Fun doing this.  This makes Ludwig the Insane a great traveller - a quick natter with himself keeps both needs high.  He's almost always having a blast, and I have a blast watching and listening to him.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »
I really like the Lucky trait, not sure that it contributes to Happiness Points, but it sure makes a lot of things easier.  Lucky Angler will get fish faster, Lucky stargazer will find things more often, Lucky chess player obviously wins more, Lucky employee will have good things happen at work more often, etc.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »
I really like the Lucky trait, not sure that it contributes to Happiness Points, but it sure makes a lot of things easier.  Lucky Angler will get fish faster, Lucky stargazer will find things more often, Lucky chess player obviously wins more, Lucky employee will have good things happen at work more often, etc.

And sometimes a Sim will get a nice moodlet from waking up feeling lucky!
Grr Argh!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 04:53:58 PM »
Yup, that too. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »
Are they luckier on the days with the Lucky moodlet, for things like money trees dropping seeds, or time machine loot?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
Are they luckier on the days with the Lucky moodlet, for things like money trees dropping seeds, or time machine loot?
I've never noticed stuff with my lucky sims when they have that unique moodlet, but the money trees won't drop seeds on a lucky day, unless they were going to in the first place I think (first place as in, under different circumstances; different sim, different traits, etc.).
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 06:33:57 PM »
I have systematically removed the Loves the Outdoors trait for all my sims with gardens, due to OCSprinklerD. I tried blocking the sprinklers, but then all they did was wander around the house stomping their feet and displaying "I can't get to it!", even though the garden was outside, not inside. One track minds...or no minds...never mind...

Meurix

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 06:42:16 PM »
Here is what the Lucky trait does (copied from The Sims Wiki):
* If a Lucky Sim has 4+ hours of sleep they might awake with the "Feeling Lucky" moodlet.
* Sim is less likely to burn food, break objects or get robbed.
* Sim is more likely to get raises at work and to get good results from career events.
* Lucky Sims are more likely to win when playing games.

The "Feeling Lucky" moodlet adds +5 points to your sim's mood over 1 day.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 12:50:45 PM »
I defiantly like the Inappropriate, Hopeless Romantic, Slob, Evil, and Neurotic traits. Oh, and the Insane trait. Reasons:

Inappropriate: I just find some of the actions hilarious, such as "Accuse Mother is a Llama". The "Kiss" one is creepy though....

Hopeless Romantic: This combined with Great Kisser and Flirty gets a husband in no time, though they do randomly try to flirt with other sims, so I have to keep an eye on them. XD

Slob: I just think burping randomly and uhh... the other thing... is funny. Also, when I have a household of fat slobs, its nice to not have to clean up. Reminds me of that show where they show a bunch of people that collect trash. (AKA "Hoarders")

Evil: I love how they like evilly and get that moodlet that they are evilly delighted that somebody is suffering... they also laugh and clap hands when somebody dies.

Neuotric: Freak Out or checking something before work is a nice boost.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »
Traits I chose are pretty boring: Friendly, Hopeless Romantic, Ambitious, Family Orientated.
I rarely go random but I may start soon...  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 03:33:54 PM »
How is Hopeless Romantic helpful, other than getting a spouse?

P.S. Not all slobs are fat and not all fat sims are slobs. Just sayin'.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
It makes the couples interact romantically cause I am rubbish at maintaining relationships, so a good marital relationship is good.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything