Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 387772 times)

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
Future Sim Improvement Ideas
« on: November 01, 2009, 06:18:08 AM »
I decided to create this thread to post on things that we would want in the game for fun.
Of course every suggestion should come with a reason for the suggestion.

Here is my suggestion.

I really wish they would bring back the "Locked" doors from sims 2.
These doors could only allow (Household, Current sim and/or Spouse, All or Friends)

For some reason I just dont like other people/sims sleeping in my/my sim's bed or use the computer.

I wonder how many fun suggestions people can come out with.

bshag

Re: Suggestions for the game
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:41:54 PM »
I totally agree with you jin...also if they could just bring back hot tubs!  I loved them in sims 2 and would really, really love them in sims 3.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »
I agree on the locked rooms thing.  I've never played Sims 2, so I don't know how it all worked.  But it bugs me when I have a computer in the teenage girls' bedroom for their use because both of them want to become writers, then mother comes in and plays games while they are sleeping.  And there's another computer in the living room!  If not locked rooms, then maybe the ability to assign ownership like you can do with the cars.  Actually, maybe both! 

Good thread!  Thanks for starting it!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 04:55:24 PM »
This ownership thing sounds great. Ownership of cars is just flat out buggy right now. My Sim should never prefer to take a taxi over his own vehicle, but it happens.

I didn't get as in-depth with the Sims 2 as I have done here. In fact, I think I mostly focused on the open for business aspect. I really enjoyed the ability to set up a shop and set prices and all that. It will be fun once we've got more inventory to play with for types of things to sell. I would like to see that aspect revisited and expanded.

Since investing in businesses is already a viable way to make money in the game, it would be interesting to see profits fluctuate based on your Sim hiring the right Sim for the job. We can already hire and fire, but it has no effect on the business' income.

It's such a minor thing, but I miss "platinum mood". I wish there was a bonus for completely maximizing my Sim's happiness bar. It doesn't seem to matter as much how far over the line you are.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
It's such a minor thing, but I miss "platinum mood". I wish there was a bonus for completely maximizing my Sim's happiness bar. It doesn't seem to matter as much how far over the line you are.

It does matter as far as skill building goes. A sim that has, say +250 to mood is going to learn skills faster than a sim with +150 to mood. But, once you've maxed out the skills you want to learn, yeah, it would be nice to get some kind of bonus. A check from the mayor of Sunset Valley for being the happiest sim on the block!  :D

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »
I miss the aliens, I hope they will be back soon. In TS2 I would sometimes try to get both the husband and wife pregnant at the same time so they would give birth on the same day. :D

And I miss the seasons a lot, that just made it feel like time was actually passing.

Oh and the cow plant! Such a satisfying way to get rid of annoying visitors. ;D

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »
I miss seasons too...and I found hot tubs fun when someone would get struck by lightening ( I know I'm bad  ;)).  I found the cowplant kind of creepy at first, but it sure made getting rid of an unsavory Sim or two easier!  :o 8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
I never had anyone sit in the tub when there was lightning. OooOhh! :D

The first time I got the cow plant I didn't know what it did but the cake looked tasty so I had my sim go for it. :o :D

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 03:16:40 PM »
I never had anyone sit in the tub when there was lightning. OooOhh! :D

The first time I got the cow plant I didn't know what it did but the cake looked tasty so I had my sim go for it. :o :D

It was pretty funny when they got struck by lightening, they pretty much look like when they get electrocuted!  :o  I guess they also stand a chance of being killed, but I never had anyone die from being struck by lightening.. :D

Uh oh...your poor Sim...must have been quite a shock to see him get swallowed up by the cowplant!  :o :'( ;D

MrWillyWonnka

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »
I thought that they should make it possible for your sim to die in a car wreck, or get sick, or have to need glasses. But I think out of all of that I think there should be a Competitive Trait. They love to play games and beat people so when they win the become happier, but when they lose the go ahead and get sad, anyone with me ???

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 05:38:52 PM »
...But I think out of all of that I think there should be a Competitive Trait. They love to play games and beat people so when they win the become happier, but when they lose the go ahead and get sad, anyone with me ???

Definitely. Competitive sounds good. I just wish we had more than 5 choices in the creation stage because inevitably what I end up doing — especially for challenge characters — is pick the same traits over and over and over. Some general ones are just too good and have an enormous impact, like Ambitious, and Over-Emotional.

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 01:14:50 AM »
I thought the Sims in TS2 were pretty competitive, I remember when the ones who were mean and grumpy would lose a game of Darts or Chess, they would throw a fit!  It was hilarious to watch them shout and stomp their feet, flail their hands!  I haven't had any of my Sims act that way in TS3, maybe they need the competitive trait.  ;)

Metro, I also find myself using the same traits over and over,  but for different reasons...maybe you should make a challenge not allowing you to use the traits that give you an advantage for easier success...I haven't read all the challenges, maybe there is one like that already?  ??? ;D

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 01:52:48 AM »
Great topic! I would LOVE to have the hot-tubs back, they were so much fun, and were an easy way for the sims to get clean and have fun simultaneously.
I'm not too fussed about the pets, never got into that.
I also really miss 'platinum' mood; especially when it stuck around forever once they completed their lifetime goal.
Another thing I would really like to see is motorbikes! i think that would be so cool! Also new and slightly different career paths, perhaps a 'circus' track, where you started off as popcorn seller and progressed to ringmaster....hang on a tick wasn't that in sims2???! oh dear...baby brain!

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 11:07:43 AM »
I really wish they would bring back the "Locked" doors from sims 2.

They just did. ;)

One silly little thing that I miss: in Sims 2 you could make a paper airplane out of the newspaper and Sims could play with it for fun. Sometimes in the beginning of a game this would be the only source of fun for my Sim. Playing with his little airplane...

Leftcoaster

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »
I just had a thought with the painting skill.

As it is, it's quite easy to make tons of money Painting, I thought of a more realistic way of selling paintings.

Since each town has an art gallery, I propose eliminating the ability to sell a painting off the easle, or in the "buy" items mode, at least for full value.

Instead, have an option to transfer the painting to the art gallery.  Then, as sims visit, they have a chance of liking the painting and buying it, much like sims who leave tips for a guitar playing sim.

anything