Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 387799 times)

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
Re: Future Sim Improvement Ideas
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2010, 10:06:01 PM »
What I meant by my original post was that say I have 2 sims that live together. Sim 1 has a truck and Sim 2 has a car. The only car they ever use is the one I assign a preference to. There isn't a way to assign an owner to a car like there was in TS2. Not a big deal, but kind of unrealistic.

Ok, you take Sim 1 and click the truck and select "Make Preferred Vehicle."  Then take Sim 2 and click on the car, again selecting "Make Preferred Vehicle."  Now Sim 1 will always drive his truck and Sim 2 will always drive her car.  So, you have assigned an owner to each vehicle.  Is that not what you want to do?
Yes, that is what I am attempting to do. I'll give it a shot next time I play. I didn't know you could do it twice in a row.

Grandpa Muleskinner

« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2010, 10:37:15 PM »
I've always wanted farming, with a full compliment of livestock, especially Llamas and Alpacas. Of course the sims would have to care for them... Feeding, cleaning up after them, training, etc.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2010, 12:48:32 AM »
What I meant by my original post was that say I have 2 sims that live together. Sim 1 has a truck and Sim 2 has a car. The only car they ever use is the one I assign a preference to. There isn't a way to assign an owner to a car like there was in TS2. Not a big deal, but kind of unrealistic.

Ok, you take Sim 1 and click the truck and select "Make Preferred Vehicle."  Then take Sim 2 and click on the car, again selecting "Make Preferred Vehicle."  Now Sim 1 will always drive his truck and Sim 2 will always drive her car.  So, you have assigned an owner to each vehicle.  Is that not what you want to do?
Yes, that is what I am attempting to do. I'll give it a shot next time I play. I didn't know you could do it twice in a row.

Yes, you can do it as many times as you have Sims.  I often have a large household and I'll have an individual car assigned to each parent and all the teenagers.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »
Yes, you can do it as many times as you have Sims.  I often have a large household and I'll have an individual car assigned to each parent and all the teenagers.

Your Sims must have a huge carbon footprint lol!

Anyway, things I'd like to see...

- I'd like more baby/toddler/child interactions. I love Sim children, but I wish they had more to do because sometimes I find it boring to repeat the same routine, especially with the babies-I wish I could fulfil their social need with more than just snuggle; maybe it would be nice if an adult or teen sim could sing them a lullaby, play a game with them or something

- echoing what someone further upthread has said: It would be nice if teen Sims could flirt with young adult Sims; alternatively if two teen Sims are seeing one another when one ages up to YA it'd be nife if the relationship could carry on

- a hot tub; also public woohoos. I loved it when Sims could woohoo in a photo booth or in the dressing rooms out shopping

-  pets: cats, dogs, horses, birds (not just parrots - canaries, budgies, doves, pigeons [you could have Jack Duckworth from Coronation Street in the Sims!] etc), reptiles, rabbits and rodents. It would be nice if you could give them traits rather than the old friendly/unfriendly, intelligent/dopey and brave/cowardly markers. I always ended in Create A Pet making friendly, brave, intelligent pets. I didn't have the patience to train dopey ones...

- more careers such as education or maybe one of the more offbeat ones such as Slacker or Psychic. The idea for a branching education career posted above sounds brilliant

- more furniture and toys for babies, toddlers, children and teens. A single bed for teens or children that can compete with the highest double bed comfort rating would be nice - just because they sleep alone doesn't mean they don't deserve the best sleep money can buy! The poster aping The Breakfast Club tickles me and it always goes up on the walls of my teen sims rooms. A changing table and more places for babies/toddlers to sleep would be nice; I'd like to have a proper nursery furniture set(s)
Grr Argh!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2010, 08:01:18 PM »
- I'd like more baby/toddler/child interactions. I love Sim children, but I wish they had more to do because sometimes I find it boring to repeat the same routine, especially with the babies-I wish I could fulfil their social need with more than just snuggle; maybe it would be nice if an adult or teen sim could sing them a lullaby, play a game with them or something.

World Adventures brought some new interactions between children and toddlers.  Children can now give a bottle, play peek-a-boo, and hug toddlers.  It's really cute.

- more furniture and toys for babies, toddlers, children and teens. A single bed for teens or children that can compete with the highest double bed comfort rating would be nice - just because they sleep alone doesn't mean they don't deserve the best sleep money can buy! The poster aping The Breakfast Club tickles me and it always goes up on the walls of my teen sims rooms. A changing table and more places for babies/toddlers to sleep would be nice; I'd like to have a proper nursery furniture set(s)

Some of this is already available in the Sims 3 Store.  There's a great nursery set called Animals Abound.  I've got that one and love it.  They've also got some sets of children's and teen's furniture:  Mischief Makers' Bedroom and Ultra Lounge Youth Set.  I don't know if these give the absolute best night's sleep, but they are all really nice to make their rooms fun.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2010, 08:02:37 AM »
I thought of some more:
1. Make all the beds have the same energy value. I get tired of using the same beds in every house I build. What's the point of that, anyway? (all the beds having different energy values)
2. I've said it before and I am saying it again: FIX THE BORKED ROUTING. The foot tapping is driving me looney tunes.
3. More careers would be nice. I would love to see something different, though, than the standard law enforcement, scientist, business etc. Careers like construction, garbage men and other city type employment would be kind of cool and make the game more realistic. I'm hoping that future expansions will add more careers.
4. Bring back the hot tub. I am sure EA must be aware that many of its fans really want this. I wish I knew why they didn't put it in the base game. There are some fabulous creators out there, but my guess is that a hot tub would be extremely difficult to make and program.
5. More shoes and clothes. I want cowboy boots and western style clothing. I can't seem to find any CC like this either. Some western style furniture would be really cool too.
I am not complaining, I really love TS3. In fact, I like it better than TS2. I just think it needs some tweks to make it completely fabulous. I just wish EA would listen to what we want instead of making stuff that they think we want.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2010, 08:46:04 AM »
I agree on the weather expansion, out of all of them, I do believe the weather was my favorite.  I can see it now, the house on the hill, looking out of the town with it white with snow, that would be really cool.  Pets was ok, but, how about not having to add their picture, but maybe just play with them and be able to pet them, it was kinda much to have them actually added to your family.  I thought it was neat when they slept by the fireplace.  Kinda homey looking.  I just dont want that much control, too much to do already.  I agree with the rest of the stuff, like pianos, drums and more options on the music.  I miss my bands, that was amazing when you had all of the instuments going at the same time.  Oh well, maybe sometime in the future.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2010, 08:52:48 AM »
2. I've said it before and I am saying it again:FIX THE BORKED ROUTING. The foot tapping is driving me looney tunes.

Pathfinding issues are annoying. When it happens in challenges I scream because I'm losing precious time. But, that's why I try and stagger cues as much as possible between 2+ Sims. For example, if husband and wife are sleeping and are just about to wake up, I pause the game. I issue a shower, eat leftovers sequence to the wife, and a eat leftovers, and then shower for the husband. But, I don't issue the husband's cues until the wife is out of bed and at least walking towards the bedroom door. Otherwise, they'll get hung up.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2010, 09:53:49 AM »
Ohh...foot tapping, that and the sprinklers are my biggest peeves probably, right under all the borked patches they give us.

I wish they had left in all the carpets and stuff from TS2. And what happened to the half walls and spiral stairs?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »
Yes, foot tapping has to be right up there, especially for a large family.  I have tried doing what my sister does when building a house and make it more open, especially in the dining area.  I kinda miss the prolonged eating and in sims2 you could have six people eat at the same time and they would sit there for a long time and talk.  Sometimes, just to get a large family's social up, I would tell them all to sit at the table and they would sit there until you told them to do something else.  I do that now and they won't sit there but for a second or two, very hard to get more than two people to eat at the same time because of the toe tapping thing, LOL, but, that is a minor detail and workable, I would rather have to deal with something like that, rather than dealing with all of the major problems some are having, so not really a complaint, just annoying.  I really feel bad for the people that cannot play at all or are dealing with so many other issues.  I have lost two big families at the beginning, but no major issues at this time, love the game.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »
I forgot about the half walls.......I loved those. I also loved the spiral stairs,they would look really nice in some of the houses I have made. I would love to see some of the objects from TS2 make their way into TS3.
TS3 has some really great potential for expansions and I am looking forward to what EA comes up with, but I have to wonder...do they really pay attention to what we, as players, want in our games? Because I think if they did, we wouldn't be begging for hot tubs and musical instruments.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2010, 01:31:55 PM »
I terribly miss my Piano much like others. I've played the piano for 10 years of my life (and still counting) it's such a big part of my life that I simply can't make a sim me without the piano.
I miss the hottubs.
I really miss the teenage "sneak out" function. I know you can be out past curfew, I just thought it was awesome that you can call someone to join you.
I miss all the toddler and Child interactions too, much like everyone. Like children could do cartwheels and "show off" to parents to gain attention. I miss being able to consol a child when they were sad. I remember a family of mine had parents that got into a divorce, the dad moved off the lot, and the child started crying, the mom came over and did a very cute comforting thing called "consoling." This never involved any screaming if I recall like the sims 3 makes it out to be.
I'm family oriented pretty much. :D I really want sims who are in love to be able to walk places holding hands. I couldn't stand how "hold hands" option meant they grab hands for 2 seconds and smile and wave them around. That's not holding hands. That's some form of dancing.
I MISS MY SLOWDANCING! Everything that came with it too (from goosing to the cute little kisses :D)
I also miss being able to give "gifts" from a sim to another on parties and birthdays.
Haha. I'm glad that they fixed the relationship thing though, I dont know about you, but I could be playing the sims 2 and building up a friendship between a guy and a girl and they woud automatically kiss goodbye... even if one of them was married! It was awful. I loved apartment life, and I think we should be able to build apartments again. I miss colleges too. But these will most likely be fixed with expansions. :) Sorry for the very long list, I just really miss some of these things from Sims 2 and stuff.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2010, 05:26:54 PM »
TS3 has some really great potential for expansions and I am looking forward to what EA comes up with, but I have to wonder...do they really pay attention to what we, as players, want in our games? Because I think if they did, we wouldn't be begging for hot tubs and musical instruments.

I'm not associated with EA, so this is just my opinion. I think they are well aware of what players want to see in the game and I think they will eventually give it to us.  They aren't just game creators, they are also businesspeople.  If they put everything we want into the base game, they would have played all their cards up front.  I'm sure they are thinking down the line and how to keep sales moving.  They gave us the much desired electric guitar in the High End Loft stuff pack.  And the vibrating bed.  But seriously, don't expect them to give you everything in one pack.  They will dole it out a little at a time over the next few years so you can gradually build your game up to be so much more than what it started with.  The old saying, "always leave them wanting more" applies here.  It's a viable business tactic for them.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

TheLostGirls

Re: Suggestions for the game
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2010, 11:29:09 PM »
I was thinking, how about Children can bake heart shaped cupcakes and give them to their parents for a relationship boost.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Suggestions for the game
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2010, 04:04:33 AM »
It would be kinda cute to have them do that! (but how close to reality? ::)) And then couldn't evrybody bake similar cupcakes? Like, if your girlfriend sim caught you cheating on her with your other girlfriend, then you could bake like a make-up cup-cake! (and all that didn't get that last rhyme should look at it better ;))
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

anything