Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 382615 times)

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1875 on: June 26, 2012, 01:59:14 PM »
I would love for sims to be able to swim in the ocean and surf. I also wouldn't mind some more beach related activities like a sand castle building contest for kids or maybe even diving. I hope something like that will be included in the game. Hopefully if they bring out a season EP they'll put it in there.

Also I think they should keep working on bugs and glitches, that could really use some improvement. Also because every new patch brings new bugs and glitches as well.

On a related note, I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but I would like to see different swim styles for  Sims with different athletic abilities. And the ability to choose between each style.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1876 on: June 26, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
An overhaul of the traits system currently in place. Either:

1. Bring back the point-system in TS1 and TS2. Their personality has to be balanced, and being really good at one thing comes at the expense of being really bad in another.

2. Keep the current system, but certain traits are flagged as "good" or "bad." After a few good traits, you need to pick a flaw.

Either of these would make for more interesting characters. Yeah, it would probably have to come into fruition for TS4, but the ability to create perfect sims needs to be crushed mightily once TS3 runs its course.

I like the trait system, but I want to bring back the point system, but used as traits. So parents can praise and scold their children for pulling pranks, fighting, etc., and it could cause influence on what trait they will have later in life. Maybe Sims can simply gain or lose traits too, the way Pets do. Or they can encourage their children to be as evil, or good, or as nice, or mean as they want.

The only reason why I kind of want the closed neighborhood back, is to open up the restaurants, and stop the bloat, from playing multiple households, which I like to do.

In that case, speaking of Evil Sims. They're really fun to play with! Hetty Lionheart is my favorite Sim, and you know what trait she has? Evil! I think children should be meaner, and have more mean interactions under the mean pie menu! They need to back talk their parents once in a while. I'd like to see Sims start food fights as well!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #1877 on: June 26, 2012, 04:08:16 PM »
On a related note, I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but I would like to see different swim styles for  Sims with different athletic abilities. And the ability to choose between each style.

Yeah, that would be nice too. More then just swimming circles in a pool. I'd love to see that on clumsy sims, would they almost drown when they start swiming?

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #1878 on: June 26, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
I wish that the school was more realistic, like, only taking field trips once or twice in the sims life stage instead of once ever three days. >:(   It would also be really cool if sims could still do ballet when they're teens and adults and have a career as a ballet dancer. ::)  I think that the things they do in school should influence their life a little bit more than it does.  I mean, seriously, should a sim that got all F's in school really be allowed to become a level ten in the science career?  Or a world renowned surgeon?
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1879 on: June 26, 2012, 09:17:21 PM »
But making those a bit more realistic standards would make it less fun, because it will turn into a chore, and less of a game. I never understood why people wanted to make the game more realistic. What attracted me to this game years ago, was the fact that you could still do normal real life things, but have that silliness, fantasy, frivolousness mixed in too. Sims was never supposed to make sense.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #1880 on: June 26, 2012, 09:35:02 PM »
True, but I DO still wish that some of the after school activities they did affected their lives a little more than they do.  And to me, the constant field trips are just a little bit annoying.  But I do think I changed my mind on the thing about where if they make all F's that they can't be some things.  But personally, I do think that if they made all A's to start that their career performance should go up faster, or start out with a boost or something.  Lol.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1881 on: June 27, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »
I agree, Coocoo! Although, I'd like to see sims with F's still make it in life, but perhaps they have to work harder. Or say,. maybe they need to take evening classes or something at their place of work and earn a certificate before starting the actual job! I also like the thought of those with As moving up faster or maybe starting on level 3 or something. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #1882 on: June 27, 2012, 03:18:00 AM »
I wish that the school was more realistic, like, only taking field trips once or twice in the sims life stage instead of once ever three days. >:(   It would also be really cool if sims could still do ballet when they're teens and adults and have a career as a ballet dancer. ::)  I think that the things they do in school should influence their life a little bit more than it does.  I mean, seriously, should a sim that got all F's in school really be allowed to become a level ten in the science career?  Or a world renowned surgeon?
There have been and there are successful people who haven't been so great in school but have had huge success. Some people don't even finish school, getting all F's doesn't mean you can't be successful in later life.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #1883 on: June 27, 2012, 05:02:25 AM »
I wish my apartment sims could garden.  A tub with soil for planting tomatoes or bananas or lifefruit out on the patio.  I live having my sims live in apartments and I like having them garden.  Life is tough at the moment, as you can well imagine.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #1884 on: June 27, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »
It would be great if there was planters where you could plant garden plants!  They could have square ones that you could plant one plant, and bigger rectanglar ones where you could plant 3 plants.

I would love it if there were 2x1 aquariums that had a base and everything, that you could put two or three fish in.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #1885 on: June 27, 2012, 08:35:49 PM »
I wish my apartment sims could garden.  A tub with soil for planting tomatoes or bananas or lifefruit out on the patio.  I live having my sims live in apartments and I like having them garden.  Life is tough at the moment, as you can well imagine.
I wish that to, because they should be able to. There are ways in real life of growing fruit and veggies in apartments, so why not The Sims.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #1886 on: June 30, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but recently I saw something on Facebook that I think would be a fantastic way to play around with the trait system - traits and points. You pick a trait, and then you can select one to ten points for that trait, so you could be Good and Handy, but more Handy than Good or vice versa, and it could affect how you live and such.

Also, hurrah computer has been fixed! Which means I have returned to the game!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #1887 on: June 30, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »
I recently read a leak of a seasons expansion that included water play and more stuff like that! So it is possible we might be getting some of this soon! Yay!

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #1888 on: June 30, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »
I don't know if any of this has been said, but I've been taking a break from Sims 3 and playing Sims Medieval and I wish they would make a stuff/expansion pack with all the items from Medieval for Sims 3.  There are some awesome stuff there.  (though I did notice the unicorn statue from Pets is the same as the one in Medieval... so maybe there's hope!)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1889 on: July 01, 2012, 08:23:47 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if when a couple gets married and exchanges "rings" that they could have actual rings on their fingers afterward? And the wedding bands would stay on until you remove them.