Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 387662 times)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1965 on: July 30, 2012, 07:56:13 AM »
Sims can train other sims in guitar skill if they have guitar skill themselves, and logic skill to I think level 5 that allows them to train other sims in all skills they themselves have.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1966 on: July 30, 2012, 08:07:48 AM »
Sims can train other sims in guitar skill if they have guitar skill themselves, and logic skill to I think level 5 that allows them to train other sims in all skills they themselves have.

Level 10 logic, actually. They can train other Sims in any skill they have if that Sim doesn't have it. I've used it quite a few times to raise relationships with other Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #1967 on: July 30, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
Thanks for the correction. Haven't done it for a while.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
What would YOU like to see in future EP’s/SP’s?
« Reply #1968 on: July 30, 2012, 03:31:13 PM »
These are some of the things I’d personally like to see:
  • Portable Gaming Systems: Don’t tell me you’ve never owned one of these. These can be purchased then carried around in a Sim’s inventory. They can pull it out and play anywhere, anytime. (As long as they can find a place to sit.)
  • Advanced Mode for Body Morphing: I was extremely disappointed when my sim could finally afford plastic surgery, but then the options that popped up were identical to those in CAS. Seriously, how hard would it be to make a slide-out toolbar on the main tab in CAS that let you ajust your Sims’ arms, legs, belly, ect. individually? They actually had that (to a certain degree) in The Sims 2 for PS2, why have they not yet brought it back?
  • Camping: An expansion on WA’s vacations. Take a trip to one of three wilderness-themed locations for up to a week. Tents and supplies can be purchased at the general store, and you reserve an empty location in the campground. Being since it is a forested location, you are much more likely to come across wild deer/raccoons/ect. Minor pets spawn practically everywhere, so it serves a huge advantage for those pursuing the Zoologist LTW. RVs (see below) can be brought on these trips and one location has pre-built hookups for them. Every lot comes with a bench and grill, but can be further customized with items bought from the general store. It takes from 1-2 sim hours to arrive at these locations, dependant on the driven vehicle’s speed.
  • Mobile Homes/RVs: Though quite different in terms of functionality, I’ll group these together to save space. A mobile home would just be a design feature, simply being a re-meshed foundation that appears as a flatbed trailer. Several of these “foundations” are avalible, which all vary in size. RVs, on the other hand, are purchasable vehicles that have two modes: “Driving” and “Parked” which can be changed through clicking on it. In driving mode, it is identical to standard cars, but in parked mode, the outer shell drops down to reveal a fully-interactable interior, with a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and living area. Of course you need to have it on a parking space in order to open it up, and since it has this option they are comparatively more expensive and slower than similar vehicles. There are two RVs avalible from the Buy catalog, and a third one is unlocked after completeing undefined requirements. The more expensive an RV is, the better the interior and faster the engine. The cheaper RVs also have quicker-changing maintamence needs, as mentioned below. It is also prone for interior objects to break faster. But, hovever expensive an RV is, they all need to be maintained in four aspects:
    • Battery Charge: Needed to run electronics, lighting and the like. Refills slowly on home lot, but much faster with an RV recharge station. When connected to one this never drops.
    • Water Tank: Needed to use plumbing fixtures. Refills slowly on home lot, but much faster with an RV recharge station. When connected to one this never drops.
    • Propane: Needed to use certain objects like the stove. This never refills automatically; instead, you will have to fill it manually using the interface. The emptier it is before refilling, the more it costs to do so.
    • Waste Tank: Fills up when using toilets, showers and the like. Unlike in RL, both the drainage and sewage are in one tank because having two in-game would be unnecessary. This is emptied by using the “Dump” interaction at a dump station.
  • RV Essentials: If you’ve ever been on a trip in an RV, you know these things have to be maintained. The Recharge Station allows for quick filling of the Battery Charge and Water Tank meters, and while an RV is connected to one these bars never drop. The Dump Station is a practical requirement for RV’s so that waste doesn’t build up and give the Sims inside the “Disgusted” moodlet. These can either be set to continually serve their purpose (connected) or not (disconnected). They sell in the Vehicles section of the catalog, and are both purchased separately. They automatically snap to parking spaces and can’t be placed elsewhere.
  • Video Game Designing: As a career and/or a skill. The career would require Logic early on, as well as Handiness and/or a creative skill later on. If there were to be only two skills total, the fourth metric would be Coworkers, considering how professonal games are always designed in teams. As a skill, it would be similar in the aspect of Writing; the Sim sits at the computer for a set duration of time developing a game. This skill raises Logic as well, with a similar ratio as that of Inventing/Handiness, but the skill raises in levels comparatively slower than that of Writing. As a compensation, the weekly royalties for successful games is much higher than that of similar types of books. There are several unlockable genres throughout the skill, ranging from beginner’s-level 2D maze games (i.e. Pac-Man), to platformers (Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog), to RPGs (Final Fantasy, Pokémon), and ultimately full-3D games (Minecraft, Boom Blox, and even Sims!). Sims may develop wishes relating to the computer they’re using (like “Upgrade with Improved Graphics”) or playing games that they have made.
    • Skill-Related Opportunities: Around level 5 or 6 you may recieve an oppertunity from a big-shot game development company. (with names being spoofs of RL companies, like Microscotch or Nintrendo.) You will need to send in several of your games that are of a certain production quality or higher to said company. Upon completion the Sim who had the opportunity will get a free game system (again, a spoof of a big-shot game console, like Nintrendo Dual-Screen or Microscotch YBox 720) along with a complementary copy of their randomly-picked personal favorite of the games you submitted.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: What would YOU like to see in future EP’s/SP’s?
« Reply #1969 on: July 30, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »
We already have a subject about this so I'm merging them.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
Re: What would YOU like to see in future EP’s/SP’s?
« Reply #1970 on: July 30, 2012, 11:56:50 PM »
We already have a subject about this so I'm merging them.
Okay, thanks for doing so.
I’ll edit my post a little bit.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1971 on: July 31, 2012, 12:50:39 AM »
@Gameactive:

I like your ideas for RVs and Video Game Designing.  I don't usually put much thought into what future improvement should be because I don't think my brain wants to work that hard.  Those were both nicely thought out and I would enjoy playing them.  The camping locations, too.  Perfect for the RV.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #1972 on: July 31, 2012, 03:28:20 AM »
I'd like a DC (or maybe Marvel) superheros EP. It could inclued: new "skills" like flying, super speed or telaknessiese. And somnew styls of clothing and new jobs.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1973 on: July 31, 2012, 03:28:51 AM »
I want something simple.  I am an elderly lady, 73 at the moment.  I would not be caught DEAD OR ALIVE in those hideous outfits they have for the elderly!  They are outrageous and so limiting!  Sure you can recolor, but recoloring bad taste is still bad taste with a better design on it.  What makes them think we oldsters want to look like Hagitha?  I want jeans that fit, not some baggy raggy pants that shine.  UGH!  I want t-shirts and denim shirts and evening wear that is attractive and not all showing skinny bones or saggy fat because it is inappropriate for the body.  AND I want better bodies for the elderly!  We don't all walk hunched over and shuffling our feet.  Some of us run marathons and enter decathlon events and Iron Men challenges, (not Olympic level but still....). There is currently a very attractive older man in the equestrian events in the Olympics riding an older, (16 yr old horse).  You get adorable clothes for the teens and YA, then a little less adorable for the Adult and positively hideous for the elders.  NOT FAIR.  It's elder abuse.  So, all I want is some decent threads for those poor old Sims.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

loveSims

« Reply #1974 on: July 31, 2012, 04:29:31 AM »
I agree with you Joria! I'm not a elder yet, but I will be in a few years. And yes the elders do need classy formal wear.
I won't ever wear any of those dresses and I'm 55. Some nice jeans will be wonderful.

Something I really want is to get the poor nooboos out of that cocoon.
No baby is always so bundled up.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #1975 on: July 31, 2012, 11:38:35 AM »
I want something simple.  I am an elderly lady, 73 at the moment.  I would not be caught DEAD OR ALIVE in those hideous outfits they have for the elderly!  They are outrageous and so limiting!  Sure you can recolor, but recoloring bad taste is still bad taste with a better design on it.  What makes them think we oldsters want to look like Hagitha?  I want jeans that fit, not some baggy raggy pants that shine.  UGH!  I want t-shirts and denim shirts and evening wear that is attractive and not all showing skinny bones or saggy fat because it is inappropriate for the body.  AND I want better bodies for the elderly!  We don't all walk hunched over and shuffling our feet.  Some of us run marathons and enter decathlon events and Iron Men challenges, (not Olympic level but still....). There is currently a very attractive older man in the equestrian events in the Olympics riding an older, (16 yr old horse).  You get adorable clothes for the teens and YA, then a little less adorable for the Adult and positively hideous for the elders.  NOT FAIR.  It's elder abuse.  So, all I want is some decent threads for those poor old Sims.
I agree, I'm not anywhere even close to elderly, I'm actually still in the young stage.  But the elderly clothes, having abosolutely no muscles whatsoever, slouching all the time, and walking extremely slow,  I can't stand it.  It's why I almost never play a sim long enough for them to reach the elder stage.  To me, an elderly person is about 60 or over, on sims, they go from looking like they're 4o, to looking like they're in their 80's, or more. :-\
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1976 on: July 31, 2012, 05:43:14 PM »
As I said, I'm 73, 74 this December.  I walk upright.  I do NOT slouch!  I do not shuffle!  I'm not particularly athletic but these decrepit walking corpses they say are elders are really offensive to oldsters like myself.  I guess they think only young folks play games.  HAH!  Wrong!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1977 on: July 31, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
As I said, I'm 73, 74 this December.  I walk upright.  I do NOT slouch!  I do not shuffle!  I'm not particularly athletic but these decrepit walking corpses they say are elders are really offensive to oldsters like myself.  I guess they think only young folks play games.  HAH!  Wrong!

I agree, Joria! Just today, my daughter told me I was too old to date! What?! I'm 65. My husband passed away three years ago. So, why shouldn't I? I also think that sims...and human...elders should have decent clothes to wear. Have you been shopping for clothes lately?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1978 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:58 PM »
Maybe a "slouchiness" slider would help, and have it enabled for adults too. I slouch a bit, in spite of my youth. It's just how I am. I try to imply that some (or a lot) of my elders are spry and fit in their old age, and it would be nice if they could keep good posture for their entire lives. But not all of them should be so lucky. :P

Also, why can't elders have muscle mass? They have the muscle definition sliders enabled, so why not the rest of it? It's a little disheartening to think that my insanely strong adult can work out for all his life, work out even more as an elder, and still lose his sexy muscles just because he got older.

As for the choices in elder clothing, I was planning out some outfits for a future dynasty of mine, and I ended up cracking under pressure when it came to finding things for my elder ladies to wear. At least all adult hair is enabled for elders, or else I'd just give up with playing elders.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Re: Future Sim Improvement Ideas
« Reply #1979 on: July 31, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »
I really wish they'd give us a way to stop getting the newspaper.  None of my sims read it, and since it can't be deleted in buy mode, my sims have to waste time disposing of the thing every day.  Not a big job, but you know how fast time passes in Simland, I hate wasting any of it.
You can also drag the newspaper to the garbage while in live mode.

Edit: Yay for being extremely tired and accidentally replying to a post from the first page.

I wish that you could disable the terrifying food truck without overdosing on Mods.