Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 387606 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Future Sim Improvement Ideas
« Reply #2175 on: April 28, 2013, 06:27:42 PM »
Stocks, taxes, disease, and lottery will come into play.

Just as a side note, I think EA planned to implement stocks in the original Vanilla game. There's coding scattered around the place for a Sharemarket System, and Buzzler (I think) managed to fill in the gaps with coding and make a Mod out of it.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #2176 on: April 29, 2013, 11:53:22 AM »
But Sheldon Cooper is rather irresistible because of his social awkwardness, isn't he? :D

Teee heeeheeeeee for that!

How come I missed this thread for so long!

The first thing I'd love to see is EA fixing its story progression!

More ideas ...

1. A town's landscape and buildings changing over time. I mean, the town untouched after 10 generations is weird!
2. More detailed family trees

My brain is out of ideas at the moment. Will be back soon!!!

Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #2177 on: May 18, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »
First, I want the ability to write notes on a save file, like when you choose which save you want to play you can see the note you wrote in a small box, I want this because sometimes there are long time gaps between playing a save file so when I want to get back to it, I can't remember what I was planning to do before I saved. I know I can just take a note on my phone or a pad of paper but a save file note can be very useful. Other games may benefit as well.

Second, a minor one, I want my sims to have nightmares or sweet dreams, and they could have a "Sleep broken due to nightmare" or "Sweet dreams" moodlet when they wake in the morning.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2178 on: May 26, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »
I would love the ability to customise more details of my sims through create a sim. In real life, we have adults of different heights, so why not in the sims as well? Being able to adjust features of sims heads is great, but having a similar ability over the rest of their bodies, (we already can adjust a woman's attributes and the hair over a male's body) but lengthening/shortening a sim's overall height or the height of individual body parts would be nice. Character creation in Star Trek Online allows for that kind of customization with their engine used for that stuff, so it is possible.

Also some kinds of 'packs' permitting normal sims to appear as fantasy races/sci fi species would be nice as well.

I'm sure that some/all of the above may be available through the use of mods, but I don't use mods in my game.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2179 on: May 27, 2013, 12:37:45 AM »
I would love the ability to customise more details of my sims through create a sim. In real life, we have adults of different heights, so why not in the sims as well? Being able to adjust features of sims heads is great, but having a similar ability over the rest of their bodies, (we already can adjust a woman's attributes and the hair over a male's body) but lengthening/shortening a sim's overall height or the height of individual body parts would be nice. Character creation in Star Trek Online allows for that kind of customization with their engine used for that stuff, so it is possible.

Also some kinds of 'packs' permitting normal sims to appear as fantasy races/sci fi species would be nice as well.

I'm sure that some/all of the above may be available through the use of mods, but I don't use mods in my game.

While a nice idea, with only one EP after Island Paradise left, its unlikely to be something added to Sims3.  As for the next generation...well, we'll have to wait and see.  It has been mentioned that the next, and most likely last EP will be some sort of futuristic expansion, so who knows, we might be able to get a few sci-fi races out of it.   At least with the ear sliders, we can make Vulcans.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #2180 on: May 27, 2013, 03:02:43 AM »
1. The option to make certain areas livable by only certain types of sime. Example - Hogsmead, only for witches/wizards.

2. The ability to control the amount of a species in a population. Example-just 2% werewolves. Also a much more realistic celebrity system.

I also like Deklitch's idea! It would be super cool!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2181 on: May 27, 2013, 04:20:54 AM »
I keep seeing the height thing mentioned on the official forum, but that is in relation to the next installment,  it's a nice idea but in reality a lot more work for the animators, but when I see my teen sims newly aged up boyfriend go to kiss her and miss her head entirely while they mouth the air like a pair of goldfish I wish it was already available.

2. The ability to control the amount of a species in a population. Example-just 2% werewolves.

I like this idea, it seems like the humans become a minority after a while and those who I think might still be human turn out to be witches  ::)

I'd like to see an opt active household out of social groups like the celebrity one we have now, I've had a few moans about nerds already but it's not just that if I have a sim who I feel is more suited to the rebels I'd like to be able to turn off jock and nerd for them or vice versa, some groups just don't fit the character of my sims but they are too easy to join just with everyday activities.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2182 on: May 27, 2013, 04:42:04 AM »
It would be great if new expansions could bring a few more LTRs, and other buy mood items, for pets.  I'm not sure what, but it would be nice.  After Pets, the poor things seem kind of neglected in the other expansions.  For example, it would be cool given all the different things its bringing, if Island Paradise could bring some new pet interactions.  Maybe cats and dogs can learn to climb ladders.  Idk.  But it would be nice to see ways to incorperate pets into the remaining new expansions to come.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #2183 on: May 27, 2013, 04:46:03 AM »
Two things with regards to bookshelves
* I would love books on the bookshelves to be able to be ordered according to genre as well as alphabetically by title. I would like to be able to get a sim to read all of the comic books first of all, for example. (I'd just like to know that my sims have read the shortest books possible when getting all of those wonderful "Read 50/100/etc" books opportunities, so that my slow rate of doing things isn't as slow any more).
* I would also love it if the bookshelves 'Read ...' dialogue screen also had an additional part of it that could show your current household members who have read a certain book so that my couch potato book reading Founder doesn't have to get up and down out of his couch so many times when his watcher keeps on picking out books that's he's already read to read.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2184 on: May 27, 2013, 06:07:37 PM »
There is a recipe we need.  Surf and Turf.  I mean, we have had lobster and steak since basegame, so why not combine them for something great?

Offline Jazz Iguana

• Just another brick in the wall
  • Llama Wrangler
  • It ain't easy, being cheesy
« Reply #2185 on: May 27, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »
im just trying to wrap my head around what they're going to do for the "Futuristic" expansion. there's only so much you can do in such a small window of time.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #2186 on: May 30, 2013, 01:37:05 AM »
I’m still rooting for most of what I’ve posted previously, in which the video game developer career is the only one so far that made it. (And when purchasing the University Life EP, I almost pulled the "plus The Sims 3" version off the shelf. ::)) However, seeing as The Sims 4 will be coming out soon, I crossed off the camping-themed EP and the motor homes.

Oh, and since every expansion pack has introduced at least one occult status, which one do you think will be implemented in Island Paradise and the rumored futuristic-themed expansion? I was thinking mermaids for Island Paradise, but they’d probably be tough to implement since they’d live underwater. As for the future one, I have no clue since they’ve already brought out SimBots and Aliens. (Cyborgs, maybe? Meh, probably too close to SimBots.)
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2187 on: May 30, 2013, 02:11:08 AM »
Oh, and since every expansion pack has introduced at least one occult status, which one do you think will be implemented in Island Paradise and the rumored futuristic-themed expansion? I was thinking mermaids for Island Paradise, but they’d probably be tough to implement since they’d live underwater. As for the future one, I have no clue since they’ve already brought out SimBots and Aliens. (Cyborgs, maybe? Meh, probably too close to SimBots.)

Mermaids have been confirmed for IP, but not a lot of official information has been released. :)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #2188 on: May 30, 2013, 02:30:25 AM »
Occult state for the rumored futuristic themed expansion - some kind of lizardmen race either good or bad to oppose the aliens from seasons, perhaps?

Or much like they revamped Vampires when Supernatural came out, revamping aliens to provide more customisations for the way they appear.

Or maybe a cute new pet that are basically fur balls and purrs whenever anyone that isn't a witch goes near them. They wouldn't/couldn't be called Tribbles, as that would be copyright infringement, but they could always be called, I don't know, Elibbirts?

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #2189 on: May 30, 2013, 03:35:52 AM »
Or much like they revamped Vampires when Supernatural came out, revamping aliens to provide more customisations for the way they appear.
Like I said, Cyborgs. Even thought they’d be different, I don’t think I’d like them revamping an old status unless they brought along a new one as well, like they did with Supernatural. In all honesty, I think they’d be a bit stale for people who had already played with SimBots.

…Actually, I just thought of this: SuperSims! Different traits would influence the superpowers a Sim can be bestowed (like Loners/Coward sims given invisibility, or Athletic sims given super-strength—just thinking aloud), and they’d have an alternate outfit for their super-suit. They’ll need to have a secret identity as well, so your Sim isn’t constantly pestered by the paparazzi. They can also pick their sides, and possibly pick a rabbithole building for their secret base. (Ironic if you choose the criminal hideout for the protagonist or the police station for the antagonist.) They can do things in their base through an on-screen interface (possibly similar the Blog app from University Life) and can take up opportunities for simoleans.

…Wow, I just answered my own question, didn’t I? What do you guys think of this?
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.