Author Topic: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Bedtime Story (55)  (Read 71765 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Hiding in Plain Sight (15)
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »
Hm, A is quite the mystery. I hesitate to call him a bad guy just yet, because knowing the story so far nothing is at all what it seems to be. :) That's what makes it so much fun to read!

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Hiding in Plain Sight (15)
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »
This story is so intriguing - I don't know where it's going, but I'm enjoying finding out  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Woes of Bridgeport (16)
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 07:16:43 AM »
Woes of Bridgeport

I'm aware that I have not made an update recently, but I been working on schoolwork and trying to finish the World Handyman Challenge. However, I do have both the time and screenshots for this update, so here you go.

It just seems that our protagonists could not escape trouble while screenshoting in Bridgeport. All manner of things went wrong. On the bright side, the inspiration for two plot points came from these misfortunes, so it evens out in the end.

There are all sorts of fireplaces in this house, and I left one of them on while I was screenshotting for Season 2 of The Mole. When I came back to the penthouse, the fireplaces were still lit, and one caught on fire, leading to this screenshot. Needless to say, I put out all of the fireplaces afterwards.

The screenshots in the Banzai Lounge were taken over the course of two days, because it closed right in the middle of my screenshotting. Therefore, I had to waste a day with them doing something, so they went to the Winter Festival. (On a not-at-all related note, Elvira's outerwear is both ridiculous and surprisely cool-looking.)

Of course, getting to the festival grounds was easier said than done. In case you can't tell, She is also in the screenshot. As she was running, she suddenly disappeared. Thor did the same thing earlier, but I didn't think of screenshotting it. She's right in front of Arthur.

To make matters worse, a burglar of all things decides to visit the lot. I suppose it makes sense, considering the penthouse is the largest building in Bridgeport. As a side-effect of that, the penthouse is so large that I have no idea what she took. I managed to get our heroes back home after finishing the screenshotting...

... to find another fire! Apparently I had put out all of the fireplaces except the one that had actually caught fire! *doink* This time, everyone was willing to pitch in to stop it.

Except Thor. Poor Thor.

Louise56

Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Woes of Bridgeport (16)
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 11:51:30 AM »
A fireplace can be dangerous! Great pictures.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Letter of Answers (17)
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2013, 08:36:23 AM »
Letter of Answers

This was the third time DeeDee had tried calling him. Why wouldn't Thor pick up, where was he? she wondered. He was only supposed to be there for a few days.

As it turned out, Thor had taken his new friends to the consignment store in a latest attempt to shake the aliens' trail. It was true that Thor had not specifically seen a threat, but if The Riddlemaster had sent him to find her, than she must be important. After ringing several times, Thor finally answered his phone.

DeeDee: There you are? Why weren't you answering your phone?
Thor: Long story. What do you want? How is your search going?
DeeDee: Fine. I'm keeping an eye on the people they tell me watch. But I'm calling you to tell you about something else.

DeeDee: Our mutual friends up above have told me about something else. Something I need help with.
Thor: You know I'm busy here, right?
DeeDee: Yes, but this is important. They told me high priority, and I have to stay here.
Thor: Okay. What is it?

DeeDee: There is a mansion in France called the Chateau du Landgraab. Somewhere inside that mansion is an artifact that they gave to Monsieur Landgraab all those years ago. What this artifact is and why they want to back all of a sudden, I don't know. But retrieving it will go a long way towards letting them trust us.
Thor: So you want me to go to France? I don't exactly have the funds to fly out there.
DeeDee: I already bought your ticket. Just meet Gillian at the airport and we'll be good.
Thor: Gillian?

DeeDee: Oh, I forgot to tell you. I have a friend who'll help you out. Don't worry, she knows all about our friends.
Thor: Why would I need her help?
DeeDee: You may have the skills to make your way through the mansion, but Gillian knows what to look for.
Thor: And how does she know that? You don't even know.
DeeDee: ... Let's just say that she knows a lot about this kind of stuff.

Thor: Okay, I guess. I'll meet her at the airport. I just need to finish up here.
DeeDee: Sure. Talk to you later.

DeeDee: He agreed. You're going to France.
Gillian: Yes! I've got to get ready! Make sure Mr. Wiggums is ready for the flight. Will you watch Carnarvon for me while I'm gone.
DeeDee: Of course! Now get ready! He said he'll be there tomorrow.
Gillian: Don't tell me twice!

Her: So what was that call about?
Thor: Nothing important. I have to leave town for a while, and I'd advice you to leave, too.
Her: Why? We have important things here.
Thor: There's no telling where these aliens may be. They could find you. If they wanted me to find you, there must be something important.
Her: And what about the riddle he told you?
Thor: I'll worry about that later.

Thor entered into the subway heading to the airport. He wasn't sure about this Gillian person, but he figured DeeDee wouldn't intentional send him someone who wasn't trustworthy. He was glad that he was able to convince her to leave Bridgeport with Arthur. They weren't safe there. Hopefully they'll be safe without him for a few days.

But Thor was wrong. Although she agreed that it was best to leave the penthouse, she wasn't quite willing to leave the city yet. Arthur had a job here, and she had unfinished business here.

This business required her to go back to the penthouse one last time, however. She had to send a message. A warning. She sat down in the lobby and began to write.

I know you told Thor to come here to keep an eye on me. I told you last time we met that I wanted nothing to do with you anymore. If you really want to know about what happened in the Plains, do it without me. I have a new life now. I was able to move on, and you weren't. Let the past be the past and let us go our separate ways. Go keep following this conspiracy if you want, but please, leave me out of it.

-Sincerely, Ronin.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »
Wow, Audren, you sure know how to keep up the suspense!  Every update gives us a bit more information about the characters and what's going on, and also adds another layer to the mystery.  I can't help feeling sorry for Thor, who seems a rather unlikely hero, from the way he was first presented, but he's definitely rising to the challenge.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
Wow, Audren, you sure know how to keep up the suspense!  Every update gives us a bit more information about the characters and what's going on, and also adds another layer to the mystery.  I can't help feeling sorry for Thor, who seems a rather unlikely hero, from the way he was first presented, but he's definitely rising to the challenge.

Thor certainly is an unlikely hero, but I agree that he's shaping up quite well, considering that he seems to be the only one who doesn't know the full story of what's going on. (besides the audience, of course  :P)

The mystery's is slowly coming into light, though we still have a long way to go.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
Thor is an interesting character. Almost an anti-hero, of sorts.

But I am left to wonder something: what does Fenris have to do with all of this? I somehow doubt that he's just an adorable comic relief.

I suppose that too will come to light in the end. The suspense is just awesome. :)

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »
Looks like I've accidentally managed to send Audren backwards in time - Apologies - Hope he manages to find his way back home...  :o
I know you told Thor to come here to keep an eye on me. I told you last time we met that I wanted nothing to do with you anymore. If you really want to know about what happened in the Plains, do it without me. I have a new life now. I was able to move on, and you weren't. Let the past be the past and let us go our separate ways. Go keep following this conspiracy if you want, but please, leave me out of it.
-Sincerely, Ronin.

Her is a Samurai without a Master? I knew she wasn't to be trusted! Then again, what are A's motives for having Thor watch over her? Is it really all about solving the Riddle-Master's mind games or is there a more personal reason for having her watched? Possibly a nefarious reason? Or does it simply come down to A not being able to move past his one great love?

Looking forward to having any, all, or none of my suspicions confirmed!  ;)
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2013, 07:23:07 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser! I can't begin to imagine how it all ties together... and now a mysterious trip to France... I agree, Thor is really rising to the challenge... I bet he's even more intrigued than I am ;D

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser! I can't begin to imagine how it all ties together... and now a mysterious trip to France... I agree, Thor is really rising to the challenge... I bet he's even more intrigued than I am ;D

Oh, I'm sure he is. It's not like anybody's been telling him the full story...

Unfortunately, I've decided that I needed screenshots that I don't have, so the next update won't be until Wednesday.  :-\

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Flight to New Horizons (18)
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
Flight to New Horizons

It didn't take long to find Gillian. DeeDee had given Thor a description of her appearance, but Thor probably could've found her based solely on her actions. She certainly was an... interesting character.

Brianna: Your drink's almost ready, ma'am.
Gillian: Hurry up, please! I'm thirsty!
Brianna: Yes, ma'am. It'll be ready on the double.
Gillian: Don't rush it! Nectar must be allowed to fester. You can't rush it like that!
Brianna: Yes, ma'am.

Brianna: No! I'm so sorry, ma'am! I'll clean this up right way!
Gillian: No, you've got it! The perfect combination of nectar and floor!
Brianna: Of.. of course, ma'am. Shall I put it in a glass?
Gillian: Why on Earth would I want a glass?
Thor: Gillian Flynn?
Gillian: Oh, it's you! Hello, Thor!

Thor: How do you know my name?
Gillian: Why, DeeDee told me about you, of course! The tight-fitting T-shirts, the half-buttoned vest, the slightest trace of stubble. *swoon*
Thor: Um... thanks?
Gillian: Are you excited about going to France? I am! It's going to be so amazing! Maybe we'll climb to the top of the Simfel Tower! I've actually heard of a Frenchmen who lived on the moon! (1)
Thor: I don't want to crush your hopes, Gillian, but we're just here to find the artifact. Then I'm going back to Bridgeport.
Gillian: *sigh* Fine. You sounded more exciting when DeeDee told me about you.

Thor: So, do you have any idea what we're looking for in France? DeeDee said you had expertise in alien artifacts.
Gillian: Well, it could be anything. Fruit, chandeliers, it could even be one of the traps!
Thor: Traps?
Gillian: Oh, Admiral Landgraab was always the worrywort. Always setting traps for burglars. Paranoid about being robbed of his treasures. Which I guess is what we're doing.
Thor: Can you disarm them?
Gillian: Are you kidding? I once fixed my grandma's dishwasher and singed myself!
Thor: How is that good for us?
Gillian: Well, I'm not dead, am I?

Thor: Wel Gillian, I think we need to find our seats.
Gillian: I call middle seat!
Brianna: Finally. Time for a drink.

The flight to Champs le Sims was long and mostly unremarkable. The majority of the passengers were either on business or vacation, and are the heroes of another story. However, there were three aboard this flight that would play a role in the future. (Unfortunately, it was not the guy in the back with the New Years Hat)

Thor simply sat in the corner, taking in all of his experiences so far. Gillian was... quirky, to say that least. DeeDee hadn't mentioned that his partner for the France trip would be quite so unpredictable. Thor couldn't help but wonder that there must've been some deeper meaning to her silence on the matter.

Gillian's thoughts were much less consequential, though perhaps more interesting. Her main train of thought throughout the flight was whether she could get the airplane attendant to give her a foot massage.

Most curious of all, however, were the thoughts of the third person of interest in this endeavour. She seemed to be spitting out the contents of her latest failed mixture, but was that all there was to it? Or was there something more to her presense on that flight?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: The Hunt (19)
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2013, 08:10:53 AM »
The Hunt

The stars twinkled in the sky, yet there was no moon. Most of the pack were relieved. To them, the moon meant pain. They saw their blood as a curse, something to hide. Some would even lock themselves in the basement until the dawn. To the lesser wolves, the new moon was their blessing.

To the True Pack, the new moon was simply another night to hunt.

Matthew: Awhoooo- *cough* *cough*
Alfred: What's wrong with you, Matthew!? Coughing up a storm like that! Howl, for heaven's sake!
Matthew: It's not exactly easy, you know.

Alfred: We shouldn't have brought him! He is not ready to hunt.
Matthew: How can you say that? I'm tired of staying behind watching the younger ones!
Alfred: You shouldn't not be embarrassed about that, Matthew. We must always protect the pack!
Matthew: But I want to-
Katherine: Silence.

Katherine: If we are to find him, we must be united. Put aside your squabbles, Alfred. Matthew will be ready when he needs to be, and if he is not, he will stay behind.
Alfred: ... Yes, ma'am.
Katherine: Now help me find him!

The Winchesters were devoted to two things: the pack and the hunt. It was an honor to join the hunt, especially to hunt under the Pack Mother. Ordinarily, they hunted for food, gems, or occasionally Sims to convert.

Tonight, however, they were searching for one of their own.

Katherine had suspected the Van Goulds at first, for obvious reasons: even though their main rivalry was with the Wolffs, Katherine doubted that the Van Goulds had any great love for the Winchesters. Several sweeps of the mansion had led to no results, and the pack was forced to conclude that their thief was elsewhere.

The boy was in Moonlight Falls, there was no doubt of that. His scent was all over the town. Katherine was not surprised by this. Matthew always had to make sure he was staying put. It made following his trail more difficult, however.

Alfred, Matthew, and Fiona loved all of the pack, of course, and they loyally followed their Pack Mother on the hunt. But they could not truly understand Katherine's zealousness. The kidnapping of one of the pack was an heinous crime, but the others of the pack did not see the whole picture.

It took a mother's love to truly comprehend the loss of her son.

Louise56

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2013, 08:58:57 AM »
That was awesome! I have a idea who the lost son is. ;)

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »
That was awesome! I have a idea who the lost son is. ;)

Agreed! Audren, you have a true talent for suspense and throwing a twist into the story...I never saw this coming!   :o

P.S. - I had also hoped that the celebratory fellow in the background would prove to be important in this story...Oh well, a little disappointment never hurt anyone - I've heard it builds character!   ::)
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)