Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 157984 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 3/23
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2013, 07:51:25 PM »
I believe your Sims are gifted in the art of partying.  Holy cow.

My sims like to kiss, flirt, cheat, and party. I feel so blessed  ;D.

Chapter 35 - Brandon and Bree, Sitting in a Tree

The weekend finally arrived after the midterms were over on Friday. I considered throwing another Juice Keg, but Brandon surprised me with a trip to Llama Beach! We slept in 'til noon before hopping into the pick-up and going for a swim.

The paparazzi snapped a few pictures of us making out on the beach. The headline was, "Aren't They Too Young for This?" Hello! We're married young adults in college! Grow some perspective, please! You know I'm going to hear a lot about this from Dad . . .

No, wait, that wasn't the picture they used. Brandon is still working on his sketching.

The question is: Should I be flattered or offended?

I decided to be offended, but forgave him on the car ride home.

After that, he seemed to realize the benefits of a proper sketch. It's like training a dog--tell him he did something wrong, then throw a treat every now and then. Men. Am I right?

On Sunday we were planning to sleep in, but then the sorority girl in my class invited us to a party, so . . .

This face really makes me laugh. Brandon just doesn't possess the mindset for streaking--he's too prim and not very proud of his body!

Still, even streaking loses its allure when the police start showing up and arresting people. In the end we decided it would be much safer to lock ourselves in one of the unoccupied bedrooms until the cops were gone.

My blog, "Bree's Butt-Kicking Blog," is seriously popular here. I blog about everything--friends, parties, romance, "adventures beneath the sheets" . . .

In this second week, I don't care so much about class. It's college--who actually studies? During the class activity, I blew off skeletons to play Kicky Sack.

When Brandon didn't skip class, I went bowling with one of the jocks who shares my major. For some reason he seemed more interested in watching me bowl than--oh. That makes sense now. Creepy, Petersen, just creepy!

In the evenings, when I could convince Brandon to drop his books, we danced around in the living room to the tune of an old record from the music store.

Believe it or not, my husband is the one who made a cheat sheet for the exam! It still feels so weird to say "my husband," for some reason. Everyone thinks we're just a steady couple, and they get a little weirded out when they find out we're married.

What? Lost my train of thought. Anyway, while he worked on his cheat sheet, I hit the books.

After a while, studying was too much for me and I hit the juice instead. Here's to not failing the exams tomorrow!

The next morning, Brandon made me get up super early so he could "help my brain operate to the fullest capacity." Instead, I felt completely shut down for, like, six hours. Thanks, sweetie!

One last, quick hug before we went in to take the final exams . . .

We decided to not even worry about the exam results. After all, we had a solid 13 days straight of Woohoo--why break the chain because of something silly, like final exams?

It turns out that we needn't have worried--not that we did worry! Because I know I didn't, after taking that no-worry vow and everything! Don't be so silly . . . anyway, we both passed with an "A," and Brandon made the Dean's List and top of his class.

Stoke up the bonfire, because it is getting all Bree Elysi Party up in here!

It was a pretty epic Farewell party, even though we all knew we would see each other again next term. Brandon and I needed 6 more credits to graduate, which seemed like a pretty easy week to me. University, don't get too comfortable because we are coming back!

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Brandon and Bree, Sitting in a Tree
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
I can't believe how many chapters I haven't commented! Either you are posting a lot or I have been slacking. Or both. Anyway, a lot has happened! Congratulations, happy birthday, and wow, everyone in this family is so good-looking! I think if I saw Nicholas naked I wouldn't be complaining, but then he's not my father (thank goodness for that, eh?)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2013, 05:34:46 AM »
I love this update! I don't know why Brandon isn't to proud of his body... Seems fine to me  ;)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »
I can't believe how many chapters I haven't commented! Either you are posting a lot or I have been slacking. Or both. Anyway, a lot has happened! Congratulations, happy birthday, and wow, everyone in this family is so good-looking! I think if I saw Nicholas naked I wouldn't be complaining, but then he's not my father (thank goodness for that, eh?)

Nah, I've been posting a lot. Right now Generation 4 is nearing his/her young adult birthday (and is very stunning), so . . . I have a lot to do if y'all want to get caught up! I have very carefully orchestrated the gene pool, so there is only a 13% chance that someone will come out looking like Arlo Bunch. I'll have to tell Nick that--not sure how he'll feel about it, though!

I love this update! I don't know why Brandon isn't to proud of his body... Seems fine to me  ;)

Thanks! I will relay your comment to Brandon--though he'll probably get a little creeped out that there are people watching him! Never really explained the forum to him, the poor lad . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 3/24
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2013, 02:08:53 PM »
Chapter 36 - Bree Defeats Brandon

It was snowing when the plane arrived at the University campus. Brandon and I were happy to be back, but at the same time strangely sad--after all, this would be our last week. Our last chance to play-act a married couple in their own little house. We decided to make the most of it.

By "make the most of it," I mean keeping up our record of Longest Unbroken Chain of Woohoo on campus--but of course, that goes without saying.

Brandon decided to take up guitar, much to the excitement of many female students and several female professors, and one male professor--long story.

As for me?

I had my own training to pursue.

Brandon finds llama mascot costumes very hot. I find it both hot, and hot, because there is no air conditioning.

However, not even my llama-loving husband will Woohoo with a girl in a llama suit. Pity, that--but I suppose it would look a little odd to passing paparazzi. We already know they take pictures through the windows, but we're past caring.

Since the class schedule is much more flexible this term, I have plenty of time to meditate. I meditate especially on Immortality. I'm sure Dad was telling the truth--how else would Grandma still look so good at her age? There's certainly plenty of information to digest--opportunities, career, best friends! For whatever reason, none of this seems especially difficult to me. It's as if I was created especially for this task.

Pretty much no one but that nerd, Anoki Moon, pays attention in class activity anymore. Wade Anthony, the professor, and I built a wicked igloo last session. I then took a nice nap in the igloo until class was over.

That gave me an idea to share with Brandon when we were both home that night . . .

With our reputations from last term, we're getting plenty of party invitations. Just the other night, we went to another sorority party--they throw really awesome parties!

You'd think that, by now, I'd know that I just can't handle juice.

We spent an entire afternoon hanging holiday lights with a few of our friends. Brandon let me choose the color, as you can probably see.

Brandon is still working on his sketches. He is so dead--as soon as I put some clothes on!

My form of "death" includes tackling and touching lips, as you can see.

It's simply not fair that he can flash those pretty purple eyes and make me feel all mushy inside! And then there's the fact that he's an excellent dancer. Men who can dance get away with everything.

You know I'm not a brainy person. I generally hate studying, don't care much about school, and am fine with a C. But this term, I was determined to beat Brandon's final score and make the Dean's List. While Brandon pursued artistic talents, I hit the books for hours on end, every single afternoon.

In the end, we both made Dean's List and I came out as top of the class! Never saw that coming--everyone at home will be so surprised! Brandon and I waited outside the Stadium for hours, but we hardly noticed the passing time.

The moment the ceremony began, we rushed inside and hurried back out to greet each other in our graduation robes.

Our next stop was the Grotto. Everyone here knows us, and all our friends were hugging and saying their farewells. No one was staying behind for another term.

I'd like to think that University made me a lot more confident and outgoing--just an altogether braver sim. Brandon, on the other hand, can't wait to start a family. His focus has shifted from career to the near and dear, becoming a lot more family-oriented.

Congratulations to our Graduating Class! Brandon Elysi - Fine Arts. Bree Elysi - Physical Education. Dean's List.

By now, everyone was used to watching us make out, and the barista cashier had already prepared our favorite tea--cinnamon.

Watcher's Note:

Here are pictures of Bree & Brandon's new room.

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I am way ahead in game. Gen 4 is 5 days away from her YA birthday . . . so, yeah. I'll probably be updating more often just so that we have some semblance of catching up!

Thanks for all the views! I looked at the number, expecting to see 5000, and was greeted with 6000 instead, which was pretty dang awesome.

Oh, and I thought you might want to know that just last night I had a super-mega-crisis in the dynasty file that may have compromised it, but it was resolved so yay! I did die. Several times. All horrible, painful, slow deaths--and I died by laughing once. (<--- Kudos to Rosa)

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Immortal
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Bree Defeats Brandon
« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »
Bree and Brandon are my favourite Forum Couple at the moment!  ;D They're so cute! I can't wait to see Gen 4!

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2013, 05:15:44 PM »
-quote- CreativeCrayola:
Bree and Brandon are my favourite Forum Couple at the moment!  ;D They're so cute! I can't wait to see Gen 4! -quote-
I can't quote properly on my phone, but I have to say, agreed ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
Bree and Brandon are my favourite Forum Couple at the moment!  ;D They're so cute! I can't wait to see Gen 4!

They are pretty dang cute  :). Gen 4, coming right up!

-quote- CreativeCrayola:
Bree and Brandon are my favourite Forum Couple at the moment!  ;D They're so cute! I can't wait to see Gen 4! -quote-
I can't quote properly on my phone, but I have to say, agreed ;D

I'm very proud of them for being adorable. They remind me a lot of Lolita and Nick, for that reason--so cute!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 3/24
« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »
Chapter 37 - The Next Big Step

It turns out that Mom and Dad had a little expansion on the house done while we were gone! I think you've already seen our new room--now have a look at my Martial Arts courtyard! The stereo plays 24/7 and is responsible for 76% of our electric bill.

Upon arriving home, I sold my old blog, "Bree's Butt-Kicking Blog," and started a new one called "Victorious Bree." Let's see how long it takes to make this blog a five-star!

I joined the Llama soccer team as a Minor Leaguer, but my job could wait. Brandon and I knew just what we wanted to do with the next few weeks of our lives. And Mom wanted to see her grandchild.

In the last few days before their elder birthdays, Mom and Dad literally spent every waking (and half-awaking, half-asleeping, and sleeping) moments together. They became the bistro's, theater's, and karaoke club's most popular and valued customers.

I decided to follow their example of a relaxed life and got a spray tan. Worst. Decision. Ever. Mommy!

Believe it or not, Mom got really into science! Modern technology fascinates her--apparently they didn't have computers where she comes from?--and she enjoys using it. Apparently, she made many revolutionary discoveries that changed the world! Brandon also pursues science, but to a less zealous extent.

I spotted little Elliot Batista outside the stadium. He's the son of Alexander and Daisy Batista--the one kid who was never mentioned, because he was born at the very end of Alex's life. Make that eleven kids!

However, all of this flew from my mind when I did "the twirl." Brandon and I are having a baby!

You should have seen Brandon's face when I told him! I thought his eyes would pop right out of his head.

He insisted on listening to my stomach for hours, even though the baby is barely formed according to the ultrasounds. He swears that he can hear her moving around--at least, we hope it's a her!

Brandon then insisted that pregnant women are his muse (since when?) and made a few sketches. I suppose it's an improvement?

I forgive him far too easily, I know. Grandma laughed when I told her that and said I was strict enough with him to make my dad happy, which should be enough for me.

I thought I'd mention that Mom is almost to the top of her career. She looks fantastic in her new uniform! It's almost inspiring, how punk-rock she can look at her age.

Of course, no amount of rock-star-epicness can keep Mom away from her dollhouse!

Instead of throwing a party for his elder birthday, Dad bought a cake and ran across to the lake, to celebrate alone. I can't blame him--look at the poor guy!

He cleaned up nicely, of course--it's a trend in my family. I think he has mellowed a little with age, became Grandma said that when he was young he wore neon clothing! His elder wardrobe is certainly far removed from that!

He and Mom are still very much in love, of course. Is anyone really surprised?

I like to think that, even as I gave birth to the fourth generation, I remained calm and in control. The opposite is probably true, but I'm certainly not showing you any of those pictures!

That night, when I set the baby down in her crib, Grandma crept into the nursery to look upon the heir, and gently lifted her up and held her tightly. She knew that the entire weight of the dynasty was slowly shifting to this tiny baby's shoulders.

After all, the second generation was drawing to a close that very same night.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Next Big Step
« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »

Welcome to generation four! What's her name? Congrats on another immortal, as well! I really like Brandon and Bree's bedroom. Are those sports trophies earned from university hanging up by her bed or just new university wall decor?

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »
Congratulations to: 1) Brandon and Bree for graduating, 2) the same on having a baby, and 3) Nick on becoming immortal! I so look forward to his ambrosia moment. Yours are always so good. Can't wait to see the nooboo up close and find out her name!

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2013, 01:16:09 PM »
Welcome to generation four! What's her name? Congrats on another immortal, as well! I really like Brandon and Bree's bedroom. Are those sports trophies earned from university hanging up by her bed or just new university wall decor?

The name is coming right up! After Nicky's ambrosia, of course. I worked hard on the bedroom and, considering I'm a horrible builder, I'm very proud of it. They're UL decor, and I think they really suit Bree's sportiness.

Congratulations to: 1) Brandon and Bree for graduating, 2) the same on having a baby, and 3) Nick on becoming immortal! I so look forward to his ambrosia moment. Yours are always so good. Can't wait to see the nooboo up close and find out her name!

Thanks, I try  ;). She is a darn cute toddler, and an even prettier teenager!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 3/25
« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »
Chapter 38 - A Golden Life

It was 2 in the morning, and my elder museum pieces were finally complete. I was tired, but Ambrosia could not wait. I remembered the marble room from my young adulthood, and it was completely unchanged. Not a hint of mold or cobweb marked the walls or floor.

The mirror room appeared to me, now. Everywhere I looked I saw myself reflected back--except in the dark mirror in the center of the room. Here, a glowing silver face appeared and looked at me with an impatient, but amused, expression.

"Nicholas Elysi," it intoned in a deep, vibrating voice, "your journey has been both easier and harder than most. Your requirements were easily completed, but you struggled to leave the foretold path and--ack. Gross! Swallowed a fly. That's disgusting!"

"There's one thing I haven't come to terms with, yet" I said softly, resisting the ridiculous urge to laugh. "What about Lolita? Why can't she live forever, too?"

"In these dynasties, many sims believe they can just immortalize their entire families. However, this would unbalance the natural order. All time would freeze forever, and if life does not change is it so different from death? If you wish to live forever with your loved ones, you must pay the price. In the end, you will have your paradise."

"Nice rhyming. But can't you do something to keep Lolita alive a little longer? Just so she can see Kara is all grown up?"

"If not for you, Lolita would have remained dead. Be content that you have her a truly happy lifetime. Now, shoo! Ambrosia won't wait forever."

I leave the room and walk down the hall of memory, to see the spouse memorials. Brandon's exhibit is just coming together, but I can already see that my daughter made the right choice. Not that I'll be telling her that--if she knows I approve of Brandon, it won't be so thrilling for her.

I must tell Brandon to make Lolita's statue. As it is--well, she's perfect. There are photographs of our marriage in France, Lolita holding Bree--and when Lolita was pregnant and playing "We Are the Champions" in the library. Her skill certificates are here, showing how she completed her lifetime wish. On the upper right is a greeting card photo we took back when Kaylynn was an adult and we were all at the festival together with her and Michael. On Love Day.

For now, I use Mom's replicator for my ambrosia, since she still must charm mine.

I sit, and apprehensively glance down. Mom never told me how it tasted, and when I asked she just gave me a little wink. Lifting the fork, I cut off a chunk of the Ambrosia and lift it into my mouth. All at once, a thousand sensations overcome me.

Dad's deep laughter as I smacked him with a pillow, chainsaw on ice and hammer on stone, chunks of clay rubbing onto my hands, the rock music barely audible above the banging, Mom telling me a story about fairies living in flowers, falling head-over-heels in love the very first time I saw Lolita, her hand in mine as we danced, the fragrance of flowers in France at our private wedding, Bree's cries in the nursery, her toddler giggle, the water balloon just whizzing over my head and my daughter's laughter, and Lolita, again, weaving through all of it like a golden light . . .

And now the sparkles are surrounding me, as they did just a few days before, but this is a gentler and infinitely powerful sensation. I am not aging, this time. I am not becoming younger. I am existing, eternally.

My name is Nicholas Elysi, and I am Immortal.

I rise and enter my museum room. It's so difficult to remember these years--I was so giggly and happy. Mom would say I haven't changed a bit. And . . . I remember that ridiculous mummy shirt! These weren't the golden years of my life--more of a bright, sunny yellow.

My teenage years, on the other hand--those were strange times! My neon wardrobe was the talk of time, and I was interested in girls and partying. Instead, I spent much of my time sculpting--I remember having a crush on Kaylynn. I had a thing for older women, I recall. As a young adult . . . the true golden time. It seems fitting that, in my photograph, I am thinking of Lolita. This is when I first met her. This is the first time that I fell in love, and you can see that in my portrait.

Most sims are sad and feel old as adults. I, on the other hand, never thought about my age. I always felt so young, because I had Lolita and Bree, and my life was only getting better every day. My daughter is so--interesting. She and her mother have kept me busy enough that I never had time to contemplate aging. It's so difficult to believe I'm an elder. I certainly don't feel so old--and, depending on these portraits, I don't look too bad either!

Ringed around the room are pictures of me growing up. I especially like the one of Mom attacking me with the Claw.

Ages ago, Mom told me I could get a tattoo when I was 80--literally. And I never forgot.

Nicholas Elysi, the Second Immortal. And I am never saying that again! Nickerdoodle Elysi, Nickerooni Elysi, Nicky, Nickagawea, Nickalynn, The Wicked Nick--so many possibilities!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Immortal
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - A Golden Life
« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2013, 02:09:32 PM »
Congratulations on Nick's immortality! I love his tattoo!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Second Immortal
« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:17 PM »
The Second Immortal

Immortal 2 - Nicholas Elysi
Traits - Friendly, Savvy Sculptor, Good Sense of Humor, Family-Oriented, Excitable
Likes - Yellow
Spouse - Lolita Goth
Unique LTW - Living in the Lap of Luxury
3 Unique LTRs - Entrepreneurial Mindset, Artisan Crafter, Dirt Defiant
Career - Sculpting
Unique Supermaxed Skill - Sculpting
Other Skills -
6 Black Ops - Personal Sculpting, Guitar Up!, Best Food in Town, Sims on Ice, Oh Scrap!, An Old Ruse
6 Unique Best Friends - Lolita Elysi, Jared Marcus, Seneca McIrish, Cornelia Goth, Claire Ursine, Kip McIrish, Bebe Hart, Marisol McIrish, Rosalie Noyes, Stacy Clemons, Sandi French, Serena Elysi
Owned Building - Elysi Towers
Owned Property - Papyrus Memorial Library
Toddler Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Child Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Teen Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
YA Museum Pieces - Portrait, Sculpture, Photo
Adult Museum Pieces - Portrait, Sculpture, Photo
Elder Museum Pieces - Portrait, Sculpture, Photo

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »
Awesome!  I didn't know we could do tattoos for immortals!  I might have to send Eureka to the parlor. 

As always, I love your ambrosia posts and your museum.  Wonderful.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »
Awesome!  I didn't know we could do tattoos for immortals!  I might have to send Eureka to the parlor. 

Yep, a tattoo resets age and immortals get their age reset anyways so it's fine. ^^

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2013, 04:45:24 PM »
Ah!  :'( I always want to cry at this part. So beautiful.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »
Yep, a tattoo resets age and immortals get their age reset anyways so it's fine. ^^

Huh.  I wonder why the mudbaths are still out, then.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
Congratulations on Nick's immortality! I love his tattoo!

Nick says thanks! And I thought it suited him  ;)

Yep, I'm tattooing all of them as part of the ambrosia ritual now! Oh, how awesome would Eureka look with a tattoo? (So awesome!)

I pride myself on my Ambrosia, Parties, Weddings, and Using Male Sims to Impregnate Towns. It's an interesting skill-set.

Yeperdoodles! And what is more awesome than immortals with tattoos?

Ah!  :'( I always want to cry at this part. So beautiful.

Thanks! I really enjoy writing it--oh, and did you notice the baby's name sprinkled in there?

Huh.  I wonder why the mudbaths are still out, then.

You could ask on the Challenge thread--maybe they're worried the other members will get into it autonomously?

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
Of course. It was very subtle though.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2013, 06:32:35 PM »
Congratulations on immortal number two! This part was so bittersweet--the accomplishment of immortality, yet the realization that many of his loved ones will not be able to share in it. The way that you conveyed his thoughts was simply superb.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »

Haha, Nick's tattoo is quite suitable. A lovely trip down memory lane, as always!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal
« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2013, 10:34:08 PM »
I pride myself on my Ambrosia, Parties, Weddings, and Using Male Sims to Impregnate Towns. It's an interesting skill-set.

Ooh, do I get to join the club on the last one?

And congrats on your second immortal. I love Nick's new tattoo.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2013, 10:43:35 PM »
Ooh, do I get to join the club on the last one?

And congrats on your second immortal. I love Nick's new tattoo.

I try on the last one, but I don't seem to be very good.