Author Topic: Building Contests: Feedback, Suggestions and Ideas  (Read 22369 times)

Offline Whitewings

• Llama Wrangler
Less Can Be More
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
I'd like to propose a new building challenge: Small Can Be Beautiful. The challenge is to create a house and yard with the "beautifully decorated" moodlet in every room, on a single Sim's starting budget. What makes this challenging? After you submit the house, it's going to be voted on by other people, who might not favour the mishmash you're likely to get if you just choose a collection of stuff with high environment ratings.

Chuckles_82

Re: Building Contests: Feedback, Suggestions and Ideas
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »
That's easy to do though - if you hide enough objects from buydebug using MOO. Some of the objects in there have +6 environment, and cost §0. Or stacking Dragon Vases.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whitewings

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2013, 08:40:30 PM »
True, and I hadn't thought of it, but such blatant cheating is not likely to go over well with the other players voting on the result.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »
I don't think it's cheating - it's strategy in normal builds.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2013, 06:57:21 AM »
If there are objects there then you can use them in the Contests. However it does go against the spirit of the challenge should we use it. ;) Not actually sure what Environment Rating (How many +s) result in the moodlet, I'd assume 40 cause that's the bonus of the moodlet?

Seems like a fairly high demand for moodlet based contests, I'm sure something will pop-up in the future! Also, the Evil Lair thing sounds interesting, I have a plan formulating as I type.

I don't think the recreating your own houses idea will happen, it's quite personal.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2013, 05:36:40 AM »
I don't think the recreating your own houses idea will happen, it's quite personal.

Not only personal, but in my case, impossible - unless EA bring in multi-level stair cases that turn back on themselves :/
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2013, 07:30:48 AM »
How about a contest where we have to build our house in real life in the Sims.

If you find that building our own house is too personal , we could maybe build our Dream House on a Snob Budget with certain specs of course .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2013, 09:31:44 AM »
If you find that building our own house is too personal , we could maybe build our Dream House on a Snob Budget with certain specs of course .  :)

That makes a bit more sense. Although, in my case, my dream house might exceed the highest lot requirement...

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 10:23:33 AM »
Feedback:  I really like the idea of the Dynasty Designs contest.  I can't wait to see all of the entries.  I am hoping that someone will do a house for the Life States Dynasty.  I had put in a request way back when they did the Life States Race challenge.

Offline Jaaaaks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2013, 02:48:50 AM »
What would be super neat would be something based off a common theme, whether it be a TV show, book, or video game.

For those unfamiliar with the game, maybe the post could include some pictures or a video showing the theme/idea of the game/tv show/book.

For example, if we were to make houses based off the video game Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword, we would include some pictures of houses, concept art, and maybe a video of the inside of a house already existing for inspiration. (including colour schemes and others for more 'abstract' games.)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2013, 07:56:10 PM »
Ooh, have we had a tomb building one suggested yet? That would be awesome!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »
There was a group project last year where a tomb had to be built under Christopher Steel's house.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2013, 05:14:35 AM »
I'm curious as to what sort of style of Contest people prefer? Do you prefer the more traditional, family home style Contests or the wackier, unusual Contests like the Steampunk one? Personally I thought those Steampunk entries were simply stunning with the creativity in that thread! So which style do you all prefer?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2013, 06:59:04 AM »
I'm curious as to what sort of style of Contest people prefer? Do you prefer the more traditional, family home style Contests or the wackier, unusual Contests like the Steampunk one? Personally I thought those Steampunk entries were simply stunning with the creativity in that thread! So which style do you all prefer?

I prefer the wacky and unusual ones personally. I think they bring out the creativity in all of us ;)
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2013, 07:42:49 AM »
Same here . I enjoy a good challenge . I would also enjoy a complete renovation again as we`ve done in the past . That was a fun contest .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio