Author Topic: Mr. Grim's Blog: Entry 5  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
Mr. Grim's Blog: Entry 5
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:31:57 PM »
Entry 1: Hello my name is…

When I say “Grim Reaper” what do you think of?
A skeleton with a cloak and scythe coming to ruthlessly tear a soul off your beloved planet?
Where do you think he lives?
A dark place filled with horror?
What kind of person do you think he is?
An evil heartless being?

If you said yes to any of the above, you are so very wrong.
Allow me to explain;

I am Mr. Grim Reaper. 1000th generation of Reapers.  Please just call me Grim.
After many years of internships, lectures, and school I am finally going to carry on my family’s legacy of being a soul messenger, or what you mortals like to call death. I realize how evil I sound saying I can’t wait to be death but, it’s my job and someone has to do it.
This blog will show that I am not evil, this is the real Grim Reaper.
-Sincerely Mr. Grim Reaper (A.K.A Grim)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Mr. Grim's Blog: Entry 1
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »
Oooooo...... Very intriguing.  :D

(Though I must admit that when you say "Grim Reaper," I think of crazy red immortals.  :P)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »
Oooooo...... Very intriguing.  :D

(Though I must admit that when you say "Grim Reaper," I think of crazy red immortals.  :P)
Thanks! But Grim is not a crazy red immortal  ;) there will be pictures next update.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:23:01 PM »
I'm glad you're finally going to be telling your story, Mr Grim Reaper, and I look forward to reading it.  And if you find that writing is a big job, one that leaves less time for your other job - don't worry, we won't mind in the least if you neglect your other duties.  In fact, some of us may be hoping that you'll quit your day job entirely and take up writing full-time.  ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 08:30:15 PM »
Very nice first entry!

P.S. Audren was talking about my immortal dynasty where the founder, Artie Grim, is a Grim Reaper.  He's crazy, red, and immortal. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Louise56

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »
Awesome start! Can't wait to see the pictures. ;D

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »
I'm glad you're finally going to be telling your story, Mr Grim Reaper, and I look forward to reading it.  And if you find that writing is a big job, one that leaves less time for your other job - don't worry, we won't mind in the least if you neglect your other duties.  In fact, some of us may be hoping that you'll quit your day job entirely and take up writing full-time.  ;)
Oooo I think you just gave me an idea for part of the story  ;D I'm not going to give anything away though!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »
Very nice first entry!

P.S. Audren was talking about my immortal dynasty where the founder, Artie Grim, is a Grim Reaper.  He's crazy, red, and immortal.

Oops sorry I am unfamiliar with that reference.
Thank you anyway!
Awesome start! Can't wait to see the pictures. ;D
Thank you! Not sure when I can get in the next update hopefully I won't get too busy.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 10:51:47 AM »
Entry 2: Welcome “Home”
One day when I was at Soul Inc. (the family business) my father, Morose Reaper, gave me my first assignment.  I’m going to Twin Brooks!!! I do not know much about Twin Brooks, let alone the moral world. So apparently I will have some type of “mentor” for dealing with morals. I don’t know what a “mentor” is but it sounds evil and kind of fun. I didn’t know when I was leaving for this “Twin Brooks” place until I heard my father yell to me in a somewhat comical and ridiculous voice
“Goodbbbyyyeeeee sonnn!” those words dragged out and hung in my ears. White vertical beams of light encased me. In a matter of seconds I felt dirt under my feet. My ink colored immortal skin had vanished leaving behind bones and a harsh cloak. Where my soft beautiful skin had gone, I have no idea. In front of me was a swampy deserted road. A wretched old shack balanced dangerously over a murky pond.

I was out of sorts and was feeling quite woozy. I snapped back into reality when my phone rang (yes I do have a cell phone).
“Hello?” I mumbled into the phone
“Hello Grimmy! Welcome to Twin Brooks! See that house?” My dad’s loopy voice chimed over the phone.
“I think I’m lost.” I groaned.
“What’s it look like there?”
“Swampy, lots of ponds, and I’m staring at a shack that looks to be sliding into mud…”
“Nope, that sounds about right. Welcome home!” He babbled and then hung up.
“Welcome “Home”” I laughed. Why was I dropped into the desolate area? 
It was beginning to rain so I slowly crept up the stairs of the shack.

I knocked on the door with my bone-fingers.  The door opened by its self with the classic horror movie groan.

“Hello?” I called into the ugliest home I have ever laid eyes on. A cloudy white figure popped out of nowhere.
“I’m sorry how rude of me! I thought you were salesman.” The ghost said.
“Who are you?” I asked him.
“I’m your mentor.” He said.

He explained to me that I was to live with him in the abandoned shack until I have proven myself worthy to work in a more exciting place. He was to teach me all about mortals and how they pass and what to do. He was once a mortal apparently but bonded with my father while his soul was being taken so he was allowed to be a ghost and was also employed to mentor young Reapers like me.
The ghost’s name was Timothy. He seemed a bit harsh at first but he turned out to be my best friend.

Maybe Twin Brooks won’t be so bad.
-Sincerely Mr. Grimmithy Reaper (A.K.A Grim)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Mr. Grim's Blog: Entry 2
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 12:03:18 AM »
I was reading passively at first, but a story in Twinbrook with my fourth favorite ghost must be followed. ;D

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 04:30:27 AM »
I was reading passively at first, but a story in Twinbrook with my fourth favorite ghost must be followed. ;D

Can I set aside my interest in this story for a second to find amusement in the fact that you have a fourth favourite ghost?

But seriously, this story looks really good!

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 05:42:16 PM »
Thank you! May I ask who your favorite ghost is ;)?
Can I set aside my interest in this story for a second to find amusement in the fact that you have a fourth favourite ghost?

But seriously, this story looks really good!
Thank you! I'm just glad the ghost I chose was in InfraGreen's top 5!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:24 PM »
Entry 3: Stalking Mortals

Today I begin my education. Timothy decided I needed to understand the lives of mortals before taking their souls out of their bodies. There for, we would be stalking mortals. He took me to the Summer festival to observe. Somehow he made us invisible for the human eye and we watched.

This is what I learned from this field trip.

Humans enjoy...

Kicking and throwing things in a violent matter:

Eating artificial precipitation:

Making things explode and burn:

Publicly dying themselves orange:

Getting painted as animals:

Taking multiple pictures of themselves and posting them via smart phones:

After my experience with mortals...
I'm scared of them!!!! Do you think they bite?!?!?

-Sincerely Grimmithy Reaper

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Mr. Grim's Blog: Entry 3
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 07:22:25 AM »
You should be scared! Anyone crazy enough to paint themselves as animals and set stuff on fire is pretty scary! I don't think they bite though, so you should be good.  ;)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
No, thay don't bite, but they are pretty terrifying. Thats why you must take their souls, to show them that you will not be intimidated!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 01:19:05 PM »
They usually don't bite... but they're definitely not altogether normal. You should probably beware of unwanted, unwarranted and unprovoked love spells. Witches have been known to trap the divine into their clutches that way.

Offline jennovazombie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 01:48:02 PM »
Humans are extremely terrifying. I have met a few that bite too!

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 01:05:46 AM »
Ha ha ha! I never thought of it that way! How funny. Were they all just doing that stuff autonomously? The descriptions seriously made me laugh out loud.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 01:18:05 AM »
Nice stuff!  This reminds me of a writing project we had to do in college where we looked at an aspect of human life from the standpoint of an alien visitor trying to make sense of it.  Interesting change of perspective.

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »
Just started this, and it looks like great fun. I'll enjoy seeing where you go with this.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 07:58:53 AM »
You should be scared! Anyone crazy enough to paint themselves as animals and set stuff on fire is pretty scary! I don't think they bite though, so you should be good.  ;)
Hahaha! It gives me chills to even imagine!!!
No, thay don't bite, but they are pretty terrifying. Thats why you must take their souls, to show them that you will not be intimidated!
Oooo what a great tip!
They usually don't bite... but they're definitely not altogether normal. You should probably beware of unwanted, unwarranted and unprovoked love spells. Witches have been known to trap the divine into their clutches that way.
Oh no! I don't know how Mr. Grim will handle that!
Humans are extremely terrifying. I have met a few that bite too!
The little humans using biting at as form of greeting! AHH the horror!
Ha ha ha! I never thought of it that way! How funny. Were they all just doing that stuff autonomously? The descriptions seriously made me laugh out loud.
Some things they did on their own, others I had to make them do (he he I love being in power!).
Nice stuff!  This reminds me of a writing project we had to do in college where we looked at an aspect of human life from the standpoint of an alien visitor trying to make sense of it.  Interesting change of perspective.
Thank you! That assignment sounds REALLY fun.
Just started this, and it looks like great fun. I'll enjoy seeing where you go with this.
Thanks for reading! I will try to update more often but time is limited  :(.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 01:47:54 PM »
Entry 4: Back on Track

You're probably wondering where I've been for over a month. I have been in trauma therapy after my interaction with humans. Despite the reoccurring nightmare of being sprayed orange and being forced to make things explode in public I have overcome my fear of the fleshy-beings. However we are taking a break from studying mortals. Today Timmy is giving me a lesson on carrying souls. Not sure how we will simulate this without sacrifice.

I woke up next to Timmy who refuses to buy another bed.

"Morning my darling angel!" He chimes. I'm pretty sure that I am not an angel.
When I got up we began our lesson.

"When you lift a soul from a being you must be gentle. If you are not gentle the soul will gnaw on your boney figures quite violently." Timmy said.

I raised my hand and he called on my.

"What if I drop it?"

"Good question! If you drop a soul they become a ghost like ME! But, you can only turn 5 souls into ghosts so be careful! If you drop over 5 souls you will turn into a mortal. Anyway! We will practice transporting souls with the help of my cat Fudgewagon! Isn't that right little Fudgey!!!" 

I picked up and cradled Fudgewagon for 4 hours before the thing needed to be nourished. It only bit my twice so I guess I will be good at being a soul carrier.

-Sincerely Grimmithy Reaper

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: Mr. Grim's Blog: Entry 4
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »
Oops! I think we scared him! I guess he could use therapy. But now I feel guilty...

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 02:45:46 PM »
Oops! I think we scared him! I guess he could use therapy. But now I feel guilty...
Poor dude will never be the same  :'(.

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »
Whoa, lots is going on.
My Stories, currently not updating them.

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission