Author Topic: Tutoring ability missing? (Resolved - Issue with Uni)  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Tutoring ability missing? (Resolved - Issue with Uni)
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
I cloned a child using the new science skill and now I can't get my level 10 logic person to tutor him!  The option doesn't come up.

Update:  Even having the family-oriented trait hasn't brought it up.  I'm wondering if it's because he's a clone or another reason.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: Tutoring ability missing?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »
I cloned a child using the new science skill and now I can't get my level 10 logic person to tutor him!  The option doesn't come up.

Update:  Even having the family-oriented trait hasn't brought it up.  I'm wondering if it's because he's a clone or another reason.

Are you home, or at University?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:17:35 AM »
Are you home, or at University?

At home.  You can't have children at University.  Not even cloned ones!

Update:  I stalked the Langerak kids home from school and neither one of them can be tutored either. 

Update 2: I had another Sim in the household get to level 5 logic.   They were able to tutor without an issue and without the family-oriented trait.   I think it's because my other Sim learned her logic skill while at University.    I went back to an earlier save of the game right before she had graduated.   I didn't have her learn the last skill point in logic before she traveled back.    Cloned another kid - still couldn't tutor. I stalked the Langeraks again - still couldn't tutor.   However, when I had her learn the last skill point, she gained the ability to tutor.   

Moral of the story:  Don't have your Sims max out logic and possibly other skills while at Uni.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »
Moral of the story:  Don't have your Sims max out logic and possibly other skills while at Uni.

Thanks for the heads up.  That sounds like a serious bug; I hope they fix it soon.