Author Topic: Safe to delete Library files?  (Read 8212 times)

Offline heathernw74

• Nooboo
Safe to delete Library files?
« on: March 08, 2013, 02:31:12 PM »
I have recently been compressing all my custom content and found how to change the custom lots I dl from .sims to packages.  I changed them then compressed them and was wondering if it is safe, or even necessary, to delete the ones that are listed in the Library file?
I want to speed up my load times as much as possible.  Before finding how to compress the packages my game load (for JUST logging into the city, not from the first load screen on) time was 15 minutes.  After compressing it went down to 2 minutes.  I installed a few lots and it went up to 3 minutes.  I know that's not much longer, but I would rather keep a clean house as much as possible  ;)

So, anyway, question is...is it safe to delete the files in the Library folder if you have them compressed and in the package folder?

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Re: Safe to delete Library files?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 03:19:26 PM »
The Library is where the households, empty houses and community lots are stored, if you do you might lose Sims and the lots there.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything